Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
C.M. Kruger
Oct 28, 2013

Narciss posted:

Did you know they (Iran) provide state-funded sex changes for gay men?

So they get to pick between forced gender reassignment, or getting hung from a construction crane. How progressive.
:nws::nms:http://i.imgur.com/vCVAjBJ.jpg:nms::nws:

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

StickySweater posted:

I think you are misunderstanding the motive of our political and military institutions. It's continual failure to rebuild other bombed out nations is at least partially because that isn't the motive. Typically the motive of a colonial war is to extract wealth, not deposit it. Further, this tendency is exacerbated by an emphasis on strip mining resources as opposed to investing in them for future returns. What good is a functioning economy in the Middle East to America's oligarchy anyway? There may be a broad benefit, but not one that is sufficiently relevant to the elite.
Reconstruction fails because America's presence artificially distorts the economies and political systems of those countries by its very nature. The billions in aid is redirected into the pockets of indigenous elites who become very powerful as a result. When the drip stops, the whole system unravels, which precipitates more American involvement.

The Pentagon pumped money into Sunni tribes in Iraq, effectively bribing them to stop fighting. After that stopped and Iraq reverted, the tribes invited ISIS in as leverage, so now the U.S. is back. After the drip stops in Afghanistan that place will unravel too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FlcngdW2Ju4

BrutalistMcDonalds fucked around with this message at 23:14 on Jul 30, 2015

Krowley
Feb 15, 2008

quote:

Reportedly, local spiders are attracted to the heat and often throw themselves into the pit.

dang :stare:

HUGE PUBES A PLUS
Apr 30, 2005

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q-0Od-xo4BE

HUGE PUBES A PLUS fucked around with this message at 23:56 on Jul 30, 2015

trapped mouse
May 25, 2008

by Azathoth

Mandy Thompson
Dec 26, 2014

by zen death robot

These people are just the worst, I will never judge anyone for being on public assistance and I will never criticize anything they buy with it.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Mandy Thompson posted:

These people are just the worst, I will never judge anyone for being on public assistance and I will never criticize anything they buy with it.

People in The Onion are the worst?

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Mandy Thompson posted:

That's generally the issue with government money. Once you accept it, the government starts telling you what to do to keep getting it. Horrible, I know.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

Bip Roberts posted:

People in The Onion are the worst?

http://www.theonion.com/article/horrifying-police-body-camera-footage-clearly-show-50966

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

spacetoaster posted:

That's generally the issue with government money. Once you accept it, the government starts telling you what to do to keep getting it. Horrible, I know.

So you're supposed to be a wannabe Amergin?

crabcakes66
May 24, 2012

by exmarx

spacetoaster posted:

Ah yes. The myth that people on welfare buy big screen TVs and gold plated iPhones and really they live better than middle class white people!

Narciss
Nov 29, 2004

by Cowcaster

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Mulva posted:

Yeah, Shell has been a shitshow up here, they think that their North Sea experience will translate to the Chukchi Sea and it won't. To be fair though no one else really has the experience either, except maybe Gazprom.

They should ask the Russians.

How do you get to all the sweet, sweet oil under the Caspian Sea? If you're brutal dictator Joseph Stalin you say, "Build a loving bride straight out into the ocean and then put a city at the end."

Neft Dashlari:

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy

That song is awesome

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qh3TeTxgNVo

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

minato
Jun 7, 2004

cutty cain't hang, say 7-up.
Taco Defender

quote:

Ukrainian artist Dariya Marchenko works on a portrait of Russian President Vladimir Putin named “The Face of War,” which is made of 5,000 cartridges brought from the front line in eastern Ukraine, in Kiev on July 23, 2015. The portrait will be presented along with a novel that will tell the personal stories of six people involved in this project, including Daria's own story and the stories of people who helped her to collect shells from the front line

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Whoa.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Looks like the sort of thing Putin would hang on his own wall.

Debunk This!
Apr 12, 2011

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.

fuck off Batman
Oct 14, 2013

Yeah Yeah Yeah Yeah!

Guavanaut posted:

Looks like the sort of thing Putin would hang on his own wall.

Yeah, and he would probably hang the picture too. :v:

LordArgh
Mar 17, 2009

Nap Ghost

Narciss
Nov 29, 2004

by Cowcaster

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

I seriously hope this is her to stay. It's so juvenile that it almost seems like it's meant to undermine conservatism.

budgieinspector
Mar 24, 2006

According to my research,
these would appear to be
Budgerigars.

Response in the thread:

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord

I have read the iron pill several times and I still don't know what the gently caress is going on.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2rwPPrxjqKY

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Freakazoid_ posted:

I have read the iron pill several times and I still don't know what the gently caress is going on.
My personal interpretation of it is that it's a parody of poo poo-white-nationalists-believe. Which of course got taken at face value by some of them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f3PJF0YE-x4
(It's the Chris Rock skit he doesn't do any more because white racists couldn't take it the right way, so maybe don't play it full volume at work.)

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vjjTw4SXon4

Amused to Death
Aug 10, 2009

google "The Night Witches", and prepare for :stare:

ungulateman
Apr 18, 2012

pretentious fuckwit who isn't half as literate or insightful or clever as he thinks he is
i can't even tell if the non-/pol/ parts of 4chan are ironic or unironic in their racism any more

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

When a tree grows, it is soft and pliable. But when it's dry and hard, it dies.

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

That which has become hard shall not triumph.

4chan will forever stand as the strongest evidence of the reactionary nature of the self-proclaimed cynical and ironic.

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

:ssj:

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

Who the gently caress gives a poo poo about children being born out of wedlock? I mean, really?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D4KROpdUkrM

bondetamp
Aug 8, 2011

Could you have been born, Richardson? And not egg-hatched as I've always assumed? Did your mother hover over you, snaggle-toothed and doting as you now hover over me?

SybilVimes
Oct 29, 2011

Gorilla Salad posted:

They should ask the Russians.

How do you get to all the sweet, sweet oil under the Caspian Sea? If you're brutal dictator Joseph Stalin you say, "Build a loving bride straight out into the ocean and then put a city at the end."

Neft Dashlari:

Worked out well for the japanese too:

Although in fairness, battleship island was succesful with it's coal mines for the best part of a century, and only fell into dereliction in the 70s when coal use was outstripped by petroleum use and it became unfeasible to keep the coal mine running.

420 Gank Mid
Dec 26, 2008

WARNING: This poster is a huge bitch!

HUGE PUBES A PLUS
Apr 30, 2005

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

RIP

• Locked thread