Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which religion is the best?
This poll is closed.
Shintoism 59 9.58%
Buddhism 77 12.50%
Taoism 66 10.71%
FEAR CLOWNPIECE 414 67.21%
Total: 616 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Clarste posted:

I don't think it fits very well into the setting though. It's hard to fit "magic is quietly fading away into the dark corners of the world" with "NASA fights space bunnies on the moon!"

It's fading because of agencies like NASA selflessly defending Earth from the machinations of the supernatural, duh :c00lbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Tingle tingle kooloo limpah.
These are my magic words.

Don't steal them.

GENSOKYO HAS MANY DOORS, REIMU

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Being social makes me swell!
Lol, none of the danbooru mods liked that one.

Ryza
Mar 15, 2012

Disco Thunder
ZUN posted a thing about LoLK: http://kourindou.exblog.jp/23501149/

Threw it into google translate and it sounds like life pieces are thing in legacy mode. Also, a limit on how many times you can gently caress up in pointdevice mode which kinda defeats the purpose? I don't know, hopefully someone who knows how to read Japanese will be cool and make sense of it for us.

edit: apparently this is for the web demo which I thought was a thing already but I guess was not.

Ryza fucked around with this message at 13:51 on Jul 31, 2015

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

Why doesn't Subterranean Animism like my controller

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

Subterranean Animism is also the only 2hu that doesn't detect I'm using a German keyboard and doesn't rearrange Y and Z automatically. Who knows what ZUN did with it.

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice
Anyone got a vocal version of Hisui's theme?

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn
Fangames don't get many arranges, sorry.

Butt Frosted Cake
Dec 27, 2010

Smoking Crow posted:

Why doesn't Subterranean Animism like my controller

It's fairly impressive directinput doesn't work correctly and turning off dinput in the custom.exe doesn't work correctly. I don't know what your specific problem is but the way I jury rigged it is I mapped the dinput keys in the game menu to ones I wasn't using on my controller and used xpadder for the buttons I was using

amuayse
Jul 20, 2013

by exmarx

WarpedNaba posted:

Lol, none of the danbooru mods liked that one.

The mods there hate anything that's not lewd or crude

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

amuayse posted:

The mods there hate anything that's not lewd or crude

Same but only the first

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
Forbidden Scrollery 27 out on batoto and the Touhouwiki. In which we hear from Rinnosuke for the first time in a while and Kosuzu screws up again.

Quinn2win
Nov 9, 2011

Foolish child of man...
After reading all this,
do you still not understand?

Ryza posted:

ZUN posted a thing about LoLK: http://kourindou.exblog.jp/23501149/

Threw it into google translate and it sounds like life pieces are thing in legacy mode. Also, a limit on how many times you can gently caress up in pointdevice mode which kinda defeats the purpose? I don't know, hopefully someone who knows how to read Japanese will be cool and make sense of it for us.

edit: apparently this is for the web demo which I thought was a thing already but I guess was not.

It's the opposite, if I'm reading it right - he put a limit on the amount that your Power can fall from miss penalties in Pointdevice mode, not on the number of times you're allowed to miss.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Reimu is actually doing her job, what the hell.

Also, by "other side" Kosuzu meant that she wanted to go to the outside world, right? That's a pretty interesting thing to explore, especially since Kasen's got similar ideas as well. I wonder if there will ever be any connection between the two comics.

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

That or the spirit world.

To be fair to Kosuzu, if she popped in at what I am presuming is a time of heightened Japanese nationalism (Extrapolating from current trends), her outfit's not going to catch much attention.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

SyntheticPolygon posted:

Also, by "other side" Kosuzu meant that she wanted to go to the outside world, right? That's a pretty interesting thing to explore, especially since Kasen's got similar ideas as well. I wonder if there will ever be any connection between the two comics.

I doubt it. "Other side" sounds incredibly metaphorical to me, and as far as I know the Hakurei Barrier has never been referred to like that (they would normally say "go outside"). Not to mention that Kosuzu's never really shown all that much interest in the Outside World, other than that time when she realized that there are squirrels who drink alcohol. I took it to mean "the youkai/supernatural side" which has been the subject of the previous two arcs. And Kosuzu becoming a youkai has been the main theme of the entire comic.

Golden Battler
Sep 6, 2010

~Perfect and Elegant~
Chapter just came out so i guess i'll keep my comments spoilered.

Great chapter, it managed to tie in to the events of ULiL reasonably well while also building on the overall themes of the story and advancing Kosuzu's arc significantly. We've always known that she's had an interest in youkai and such considering the whole youma book thing, and there's been lots of times she brushed with the supernatural and come away not only not scared, but even more interested than before. Now she's gone as far as wondering if she can "go to that side" herself, and considering how her ability has gotten stronger lately, it's looking like that might just happen.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Clarste posted:

I doubt it. "Other side" sounds incredibly metaphorical to me, and as far as I know the Hakurei Barrier has never been referred to like that (they would normally say "go outside"). Not to mention that Kosuzu's never really shown all that much interest in the Outside World, other than that time when she realized that there are squirrels who drink alcohol. I took it to mean "the youkai/supernatural side" which has been the subject of the previous two arcs. And Kosuzu becoming a youkai has been the main theme of the entire comic.

Yeah, that makes more sense. The term kinda confused me when I first read it. I initially thought it referred to the netherowlrd or something since the Ouja board is used by spirits but I couldn't think of any reason for Kosuzu to want to go see some ghosts. But I suppose that after seeing Reimu show-off she'd get even more interested then she already is with this supernatural junk. Kosuzu has some poor role-models.

leather fedora
Jun 27, 2004

The closest acceptable translation is
"die properly"
On a side note, as someone who grew up in Georgia, I am tickled by Rinnosuke's intermittent fixation on Coca-Cola.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

leather fedora posted:

On a side note, as someone who grew up in Georgia, I am tickled by Rinnosuke's intermittent fixation on Coca-Cola.

I hope TH15 has a World of Coke level. He had to have gone while he was there.

leather fedora
Jun 27, 2004

The closest acceptable translation is
"die properly"
He did actually, and was confused as to why they had some out-of-production vegetable juice represent Japan.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

leather fedora posted:

He did actually, and was confused as to why they had some out-of-production vegetable juice represent Japan.

what better way to rep Japan with antiquated business practice?

amuayse
Jul 20, 2013

by exmarx
What has Tenshi and Iku been doing since the events of SWR?

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn
Cameoing in side games.

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

Namtab posted:

You know how in the west we have the phrase "man on the moon" because of the shape on the moon. in japan it is not a man, it is a,rabbit.

I was actually making a reference to the weird narration from Coleman Francis' Beast of Yucca Flats.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VISOBAiYNas

I sorta figured the Japanese saw a rabbit on the moon given how often the moon-rabbit connection shows up in their mythology, but thanks for the confirmation.

Tigey
Apr 6, 2015

Since when can Marisa speak/read English?

lick it or ticket
Apr 12, 2013

When you want to laugh cry as hard as you can, when you want to cry laugh all you can. When you see rain, just think of it as the world laughing with you, and laugh until you can't anymore.

Tigey posted:

Since when can Marisa speak/read English?

Isn't she a western magician?

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

WeeabooJudas posted:

Isn't she a western magician?

Western-themed. Real answer: Doing Western things or associating with Western people (Alice, Patch) allows you to speak English flawlessly in a matter of moments in Japanland.

HellCopter
Feb 9, 2012
College Slice
Flawless? I don't think "Douzo please come" is flawless English.

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Who's gonna tell them otherwise?

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.
She's a witch, they do what they want.

amuayse
Jul 20, 2013

by exmarx

Gamerofthegame posted:

She's a witch, they do what they want.

Correction, a Weidan alchemist that cosplays as a witch. Marisa is powered by potions and shrooms.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Alchemist is just a different word for witch.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

All of Marisa's spellcards are in English. How do you think she came up with "Master Spark"?

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Clarste posted:

All of Marisa's spellcards are in English. How do you think she came up with "Master Spark"?

I'm thinkin' those shrooms may or may not have been a factor.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

I appreciate the fact that psychoactive mushroom jokes are canon.

Tigey
Apr 6, 2015

Clarste posted:

How do you think she came up with "Master Spark"?

By stealing it from Yuuka?

Actually, now that I think of it, Marisa having at least some ability to read English kind of makes sense, given her interest in various books/magical tomes.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

I know my phrasing was ambiguous, but technically Yuuka's never used Master Spark because spellcards didn't exist in the PC-98 games. She just had an unnamed giant laser.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Symbolic Butt
Mar 22, 2009

(_!_)
Buglord

amuayse posted:

Correction, a Weidan alchemist that cosplays as a witch. Marisa is powered by potions and shrooms.

Man if mushrooms, potions, wearing a conical hat and flying with a broom aren't witch things then I don't know what a witch is.