Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Windows 98
Nov 13, 2005

HTTP 400: Bad post

John Denver Hoxha posted:

Still lolling at the thought of 'progressive' types naming their babies and animals Cecil

I could see maybe if you got a kitten recently. It is the summer. But also if you're dumb and don't care about your cat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

if he was such a good hunter you think it would have taken him less than 40 hours to track down an old queer lion that was shot with a bow to put it out of it's misery.. lmao

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

Apparently after he got done with the lion he told the guides he wanted to kill an elephant but couldn't find one big enough

Hope this rear end in a top hat gets run over by a dump truck

Knight
Dec 23, 2000

SPACE-A-HOLIC
Taco Defender

Still lolling at the thought of 'progressive' types naming their babies and animals Cecil

gottabefrank
Sep 19, 2014

Let's see..

-55k in bribes for the Cecil hunt
-45k for an elk hunt in 2009
-127k in a sexual harassment suit
-3k(pfff) for killing a black bear illegally and lying to a federal agent about it
-??? for cheetah hunt
-??? for rhino hunt

People bring up his wealth because he flagrantly uses his money to do what he wants regardless of legality, rich rear end in a top hat is a good description for him.

old beast lunatic
Nov 3, 2004

by Hand Knit
murder the rich

jenny jones fan
Dec 24, 2007

gottabefrank posted:

Let's see..

-3k(pfff) for killing a black bear illegally and lying to a federal agent about it
-??? for cheetah hunt
-??? for rhino hunt

People bring up his wealth because he flagrantly uses his money to do what he wants regardless of legality, rich rear end in a top hat is a good description for him.

You missed tens of thousands of dollars to hire a PR firm for his personal life lmao

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Nooner posted:

everyone who is mad at this guy always seems to include that he deserves to die for being a rich rear end in a top hat who killed the lion

seems to THIS nooner that you guys may be more upset about his class than his actions :shrug:

It's kind of a moot point because a rich rear end in a top hat is the only kind of rear end in a top hat who could do this. Like, a poor rear end in a top hat can't front $50,000 just to shoot a stupid lion on another continent. A rich rear end in a top hat can.

They are calling him a rich rear end in a top hat because it's a rich rear end in a top hat's crime.

proof of concept
Mar 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
loving lmbo at the shitlords who are trying to turn an instance of illegal poaching into a soapbox to preach their dumbass all meat is murder bullshit from

Clochette
Aug 12, 2013

proof of concept
Mar 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
domestic cattle and chickens are more important than humans
domestication is slavery
there don't you feel bad about yourself now? animals are people

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

gottabefrank posted:

Let's see..

-??? for cheetah hunt
-??? for rhino hunt

Something hit me looking at him. The dude is a total loving nerd. I would bet fifty bucks he has no relationship or had one in ages, hence all the massive stockpiles of cash from dentistry. In every trophy photo all I can see is a rough and tumble dude that looks like he lives off the land and is nobody you'd want to mess with...... posing in the photo as his guide, next to a dude that WANTS to be that and clearly isn't.

So basically you know those goons who jump on threads about eating puppies and poo poo going "I WILL EAT ALL THE ANIMALS BECAUSE I LOVE MEAT AND I'LL SHOOT THE REST FOR FUN?" This guy is one of them, with money. poo poo, I wouldn't be surprised if an insecure dentist from Minnesota was literally one of them.

insulated staircase
Aug 21, 2014

I WILL EAT ALL THE ANIMALS BECAUSE I LOVE MEAT AND I'LL SHOOT THE REST FOR FUN

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Who loving pays $45K for an elk hunt? Is that when it's been specially bottle fed for you since birth?

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

Chomp8645 posted:

It's kind of a moot point because a rich rear end in a top hat is the only kind of rear end in a top hat who could do this. Like, a poor rear end in a top hat can't front $50,000 just to shoot a stupid lion on another continent. A rich rear end in a top hat can.

They are calling him a rich rear end in a top hat because it's a rich rear end in a top hat's crime.

so like, you admit the root of your anger is "this guy can afford to do things he wants to, but I dont want him to do those things"

Ivor Biggun
Apr 30, 2003

A big "Fuck You!" from the Keyhole nebula

Lipstick Apathy

boom boom boom posted:

Wait, why did a dentist kill a lion?

I don't know but I do know he shot the lion at 2:30.

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack

Nooner posted:

so like, you admit the root of your anger is "this guy can afford to do things he wants to, but I dont want him to do those things"

actually the root of the anger is probably the trophy hunting of a member of an endangered species, compounded by the public and scientific value of the individual animal, and the unsporting techniques involved, especially spotlighting and irresponsible tracking of wounded prey

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

OMGVBFLOL posted:

actually the root of the anger is probably the trophy hunting of a member of an endangered species, compounded by the public and scientific value of the individual animal, and the unsporting techniques involved, especially spotlighting and irresponsible tracking of wounded prey

then why does everyone have to bring his socioeconomic status into the discussion?

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack

because it is a dramatic and high-profile example of the general exceptionalism and lack of empathy exhibited by many rich people

this is not complicated or difficult to understand

corpuscollossus
Apr 19, 2007

Nooner posted:

Kindly do NOT troll the cecil the lion thread

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
lots and lots of rich people do very nice and good things for the world that have much more of an impact on human lives than the killing of an elderly lion

corpuscollossus
Apr 19, 2007

Nooner posted:

lots and lots of rich people do very nice and good things for the world that have much more of an impact on human lives than the killing of an elderly lion

most do not

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

Nooner posted:

ask anyone who does service work in a rich neighborhood about the very nice and good things rich people do to impact human lives

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
most also do not pouch lions

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

Nooner posted:

most also do not pouch lions

you would need a pretty big pouch to fit a lion into it

corpuscollossus
Apr 19, 2007

OMGVBFLOL posted:

ask anyone who does service work in a rich neighborhood about the very nice and good things rich people do to impact human lives

I work with the very wealthy. There are a some awesome exceptions, but most of them are cunts.

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

Also this guy must have the world's smallest dick

kojei
Feb 12, 2008

haljordan posted:

Also this guy must have the world's smallest dick

sorry, you're not giving up the title that easily

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

OMGVBFLOL posted:

you would need a pretty big pouch to fit a lion into it

resorting to critizing my spelling rather than my argument now hrm, you must really be grasping for straws :jerkbag:

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

Im the one on the right

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

Nooner posted:

resorting to critizing my spelling rather than my argument now hrm, you must really be grasping for straws :jerkbag:

y i am a big fan of straws so when i see one i'm like "nab!" and i grab it

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

i am still chuckling over the mental image of a lion in a big pouch :3

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit

lmbo im glad the pushback-pushback has finally appeared, welcome to the next chapter of the kulturkampf

bend it like baked ham
Feb 16, 2009

Fries.
What does The Nuge say to all this?

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

big game hunter right here. killing a lion with an enormous gps tracker round its neck lmao

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe

That Robot posted:

:pusheen: <--- this is what happened to the lion

corpuscollossus
Apr 19, 2007
There are tribes which hunt elephant and buffalo with spears as a rite of passage. In that match up you've probably got a 20-30% chance of getting completely written off. This guy literally would have stepped off the Land Cruiser and had two guys with rifles to back him while the lion is completely blinded by the spotlight. Even if he maims it and gets charged, he'd be able to hop back in the car while his staff finish it off. I'd have a touch of respect for the guy if he had nothing but a bow and was tracking a pride on foot. The poo poo he's doing with the sitting on the carcass has all the pantomime of being a massive swinging dick in the jungle but its the opposite. No surprise that he's headed into hiding.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Wut

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe

OMGVBFLOL posted:

i am still chuckling over the mental image of a lion in a big pouch :3

Kangaroo pouch

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

John Denver Hoxha
May 31, 2014

What a persistent nightmare!