Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kilmers Elbow
Jun 15, 2012

quote:

Before I was a cyclist, I grew up among coffee plantations. Those are my roots. So I want to keep working in my family trade. I want to work with coffee, to export it.

Uh huh.

Did we learn nothing from Beverly Hills Cop?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

clean ayers act
Aug 13, 2007

How do I shot puck!?
Hinault famously left cycling and worked a farm almost exclusively for over a decade before coming back to semi-involvement in the sport

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

As far as Quintana goes, it wouldn't actually be a surprise to anyone would it?

Disappointing yes

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

Skarsnik posted:

As far as Quintana goes, it wouldn't actually be a surprise to anyone would it?

Disappointing yes

Yeah though in the context of that article he rode for that Colombian version of garmin and a quick look at Wikipedia doesn't show up any wins in colombia

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack
Cat 5 riders dope. Grand Fondo riders dope. I'm under no illusions that anyone in the pro peloton is clean, certainly not people at the pointy end of grand tours.

well maybe Garmin riders are clean now, they can't seem to do anything this season.

Gibbo
Sep 13, 2008

"yes James. Remove that from my presence. It... Offends me" *sips overpriced wine*

African AIDS cum posted:

Cat 5 riders dope. Grand Fondo riders dope. I'm under no illusions that anyone in the pro peloton is clean, certainly not people at the pointy end of grand tours.

well maybe Garmin riders are clean now, they can't seem to do anything this season.

They released Farrar.

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Gibbo posted:

They released Farrar.

MTN signed Farrar and then promptly lost their sponsor.

The Deadly Hume
May 26, 2004

Let's get a little crazy. Let's have some fun.
Who is lined up to contend for the Vuelta, anyway? Hopefully not any weird looking bald 40-somethings.

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

Most of the main guys aside from Contandor

I reckon Nibbles is worth a punt as long as Vinokourov tells him he's poo poo again

accipter
Sep 12, 2003

The Deadly Hume posted:

Who is lined up to contend for the Vuelta, anyway? Hopefully not any weird looking bald 40-somethings.

TJ will be riding for BMC which will be exciting.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

accipter posted:

TJ will be riding for BMC which will be exciting.

Cant wait for him to climb off when it starts to get difficult and cry at the side of the road again.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

serious gaylord posted:

Cant wait for him to climb off when it starts to get difficult and cry at the side of the road again.

ahahahah yep.

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

serious gaylord posted:

They're even saying he's still ill

Prepping everyone for the inevitable

accipter
Sep 12, 2003

serious gaylord posted:

:911:

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

Skarsnik posted:

They're even saying he's still ill

Prepping everyone for the inevitable

I liked them interviewing his team mates and them all saying they don't know what was wrong with him.

peanut-
Feb 17, 2004
Fun Shoe
How The Race Was Won for the Tour is pretty good

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r5xFuq3evho

Underlines quite how dominant the Sky domestiques were

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
Sky have signed Kwiatkowski and Landa.

Xabi
Jan 21, 2006

Inventor of the Marmite pasty
Meaning that 2016 and 2017 will be even more boring.

clean ayers act
Aug 13, 2007

How do I shot puck!?
Hmm, could be an entertaining Giro with a Landa vs. Nibali showdown , possibly with a Valverde thrown in the mix?

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Landa will be a super domestique, part of the sky train pulling Froome up mountains in the tour

also *rips up Kwiatkowski posters*

clean ayers act
Aug 13, 2007

How do I shot puck!?
Perhaps but he will certainly be the leader for the Giro as Porte was

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

serious gaylord posted:

:cryingpolishgirlsdressedasflowers:

Xir
Jul 31, 2007

I smell fan fiction...

serious gaylord posted:

I can't find any corroboration on this. Got a link?

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

Xir posted:

I can't find any corroboration on this. Got a link?

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/porte-and-kwiatkowski-set-to-move-as-transfer-season-opens/

Xabi
Jan 21, 2006

I wonder how they will use Kwiatkowski, what his ambitions are and what kind of rider he wants to be. In my mind it's pretty hard to describe him these days and he could still develop into a lot of things.

Pocket
Aug 27, 2006

GC ofc

Pocket
Aug 27, 2006

I'm not joking, when I posted that he was going to Sky two weeks ago he was leaving QS because Lefevere wouldn't entertain the idea of him riding for the GC.

Pocket fucked around with this message at 10:35 on Aug 1, 2015

Xir
Jul 31, 2007

I smell fan fiction...
That link points out that it was unconfirmed.

However, *this* one confirms Porte to BMC: http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/porte-confirmed-with-bmc-for-2016/

Gibbo
Sep 13, 2008

"yes James. Remove that from my presence. It... Offends me" *sips overpriced wine*

Xir posted:

However, *this* one confirms Porte to BMC: http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/porte-confirmed-with-bmc-for-2016/

Ugh, now I have to find another team. Again. Dealing with Van Whineren was bad enough, this is too much.

I miss CSC.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Pocket
Aug 27, 2006

*complains when riders show human emotions*

Xabi
Jan 21, 2006

Sky will probably ruin him like they did Bossy Hagen.

dema
Aug 13, 2006

I'm a Phinney fan. Glad to see he's going to be able to get a few races under his belt this season.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

Xir posted:

Well yes, because they can only start announcing rider contracts from today. Its common knowledge in the peloton though.

Also lol that the tv company has hosed up so bad we're only going to be able to see the last 12km of San Sebastian.

Edit: Turns out the aircraft beaming the pictures back has had to make an emergency landing.

serious gaylord fucked around with this message at 15:49 on Aug 1, 2015

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

Total amateur hour. At least they might be able to show the final couple 100 meters. If this camera doesn't die

edit: well that's one hell of an excuse at least

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

I wonder if those crafty spaniards are going to put up any loving barriers at the finish line at some point?

Oh hey, pictures

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
Its cool we got the last 6km because they didnt have a backup plane (which they're meant to as part of their contract apparently).

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

Lol the commentators are going crazy

Lmao what the gently caress is going on. Did he not know he won?!

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

Smirr posted:

Lol the commentators are going crazy

Lmao what the gently caress is going on. Did he not know he won?!

I dont think he knew where the line was aahahaha.

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

He is SO confused hahaha. Race of the year

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me
That was cool after his nasty crash last year. How do you not know where the finish is?