Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

Donald Trump has a secret plan to end the war in Vietnam.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

The Nastier Nate posted:

This is, without irony, the coolest thing Trump will do. I'm pretty sure 99.9% of Iowans, and probably Americans, never have or will again get the chance to ride in a helicopter. My only complaint is he should bring a few helicopters so all the kids can get a turn.

The helicopter going all John Landis is IMO the only thing that can crash a Trump campaign.

Raskolnikov38 fucked around with this message at 21:54 on Jul 30, 2015

stoutfish
Oct 8, 2012

by zen death robot

you know

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Donald Trump gonna find a Hispanic anchor baby citizen whose parents are being deported and adopt her. He's gonna go full daddy Warbucks.

pugnax
Oct 10, 2012

Specialization is for insects.

Do Not Resuscitate posted:

Yes. Nu metal. "Real good" regardless of time period. Music that could only have come from the mean streets of Agoura Hills, California where street sweeping is performed but twice a week and the HOAs will wreck your poo poo if you look at them sideways. Twenty-somethings screaming about their parents being total drags, but tempered in such a way to allow the children of said parents to blast these rebellious anthems from their bedrooms (I said close that door, Jonathan!) with impunity. Ageless. Classic.

As someone who spent their teenage years in the Conejo Valley (albeit in the mid 90s), this couldn't be more accurate.

Dahn
Sep 4, 2004

Thump! posted:

So, if all of the manual labor jobs are gonna get replaced with machines, then does that mean we just take the 50% unemployment rate and deal with it or do we instill a basic income instead?

Haha, like there was ever an option.

:smith:

This is closer to reality then some of us want to admit

http://spectrum.ieee.org/automaton/robotics/industrial-robots/fetch-robotics-introduces-fetch-and-freight-your-warehouse-is-now-automated

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

Do Not Resuscitate posted:

Yes. Nu metal. "Real good" regardless of time period. Music that could only have come from the mean streets of Agoura Hills, California where street sweeping is performed but twice a week and the HOAs will wreck your poo poo if you look at them sideways. Twenty-somethings screaming about their parents being total drags, but tempered in such a way to allow the children of said parents to blast these rebellious anthems from their bedrooms (I said close that door, Jonathan!) with impunity. Ageless. Classic.

I remember the first time I heard Linkin Park, and labelled it "music to rage to when mom won't let you take the SUV to the mall."

I feel entirely vindicated in that judgement.

Paradoxish
Dec 19, 2003

Will you stop going crazy in there?

The funny thing is that physically demanding jobs are actually really loving bad for your health (although most jobs are, since the alternative is usually sitting around in an office which is also really loving unhealthy) so the sooner we automate them the better off everyone will be.

Except that we won't do anything about the fact that a huge number of people won't be qualified for any kind of work anymore and things will just be worse for everyone. The future is gonna be great.

AARP LARPer
Feb 19, 2005

THE DARK SIDE OF SCIENCE BREEDS A WEAPON OF WAR

Buglord

AARP LARPer fucked around with this message at 03:48 on Jan 22, 2016

Dirk the Average
Feb 7, 2012

"This may have been a mistake."

Neat! There would be a lot of non-trivial issues with programming and maintaining a fleet of robots like that though.

Paradoxish
Dec 19, 2003

Will you stop going crazy in there?

Dirk the Average posted:

Neat! There would be a lot of non-trivial issues with programming and maintaining a fleet of robots like that though.

This stuff is already in practical use and has been for a few years: http://www.cnet.com/news/meet-amazons-busiest-employee-the-kiva-robot/

richardfun
Aug 10, 2008

Twenty years? It's no wonder I'm so hungry. Do you have anything to eat?

Joementum posted:

Today:

Tomorrow:

Wow, an Oregon Trail reference. The thread is showing it's age.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
Donald Trump is going to give kids free rides in his helicopter at the Iowa State Fair.

quote:

'We're going to fly it out to Iowa and I'm going to have it there,' he said in his Manhattan office, initially referring to the annual event as 'The World's Fair.'

'I look forward to that. I went there once years ago,' he said. 'It was so great. So many people.'

And so many Republican primary voters. With children.

'I'm going to try giving kids lifts in the helicopter,' he said near the end of a half-hour interview that ranged in topics from high finance to Hillary Clinton's 'low class.'

'You know, young kids. Yeah!' Trump said, sounding like a kid who's just built his first pinewood derby car.

'If I can do it – if I'm allowed to do it!'

:allears:

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
Hillary Clinton wants all your fetuses to be blind, but Rand Paul has other ideas!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iaMQGYyCDjs

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]
I'm pro-death

Four Score
Feb 27, 2014

by zen death robot
Lipstick Apathy
I'm a cannibal, but only when it comes to eating the rich

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel
Trump : helicopters = Gingrich : zoos

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Equine Don posted:

I'm pro-death

I'm a pro at dying.

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

Joementum posted:

Today:

Tomorrow:

how does a burlap sac full of poo poo get dysentery?

SnakePlissken
Dec 31, 2009

by zen death robot

Raskolnikov38 posted:

Is his next Trump hat going to be blue or is he going to secretly reveal he doesn't oppose gay marriage by wearing all six pride colors?

Whatever it is you just know he's gonna be steppin on leprechauns.

And also

Trump hat

Nuclearmonkee
Jun 10, 2009

spacemang_spliff posted:

how does a burlap sac full of poo poo get dysentery?

poo poo is a vector for dysentery

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe

Eh, Trump leading in Arizona is, like, the least surprising thing ever. His campaign is practically tailor-made for the right-wing base in that state.

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

"Hmm, what tagline can we use that's hip and fresh and runs no risk whatsoever of reminding people of the Nixon administra-I've got it!"

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
I love a lot of things about these word art images his campaign manager tweets out, especially that he cc's the twitter accounts of opposing candidates.

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

Trump's lookin sneaky in that one

A Winner is Jew
Feb 14, 2008

by exmarx

Sheng-ji Yang posted:

Trump's lookin sneaky in that one

Well someone has to do the raping...

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

Joementum posted:

I love a lot of things about these word art images his campaign manager tweets out, especially that he cc's the twitter accounts of opposing candidates.

What's most interesting in these is how the bottom tier candidates change a ton between states.

SnakePlissken
Dec 31, 2009

by zen death robot
eh, scratch that

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Der Kyhe posted:

Oh god please, PLEASE, tell me that that image is shopped to exaggerate his facial features.

As a floridian

there is nothing to be exaggerated about Rick Scott.

You have gazed into the abyss, and it stares back this time.

This place is evil, save for a few areas that wards it.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Nintendo Kid posted:

What's most interesting in these is how the bottom tier candidates change a ton between states.

All these polls have ~6% margin of error, which is one of the many reasons the debate cutoff rules are bullshit.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

George Jeb! Bush doesn't care about black people.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

It's pissing me off that "The Silent Majority Is Back" is on a perspective line but the ones below it aren't.

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

I'm glad Christie always polls near the bottom.

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Uncle Wemus posted:

I'm glad Christie always polls near the bottom.

I thought he was telling it as it is?

or did he steal that from Trump~

Christie is also fat, so it would be hard to for the polls to lift him. hth

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
If Trump can keep this popularity until the beginning of the primaries, he could maybe knock Scott Walker out early, which would be a service to America. Walker needs to win in Iowa. That said, it's a caucus, so that's probably not happening.

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe

Captain_Maclaine posted:

"Hmm, what tagline can we use that's hip and fresh and runs no risk whatsoever of reminding people of the Nixon administra-I've got it!"

Silent Majority? I'd say that's more associated with Reagan than Nixon.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

DaveWoo posted:

Silent Majority? I'd say that's more associated with Reagan than Nixon.

Not really, no.

Altimeter
Sep 10, 2003

Joementum posted:

Is it a coincidence that the perspective line from that block of text pretty much leads directly to Trump's dick?

Or is that just the rusty nail talking...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Useless Shotgun
Nov 5, 2010

Well, you can tell by the way I use my walk, I'm a woman's man: no time to talk.
However Trump ends his campaign, I hope he ends it like Nixon handled his 'last' press conference.

• Locked thread