Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Old Doggy Bastard
Dec 18, 2008

So tired, burning willpower and years off my life to make it to The Diana Jones Awards after driving for ten hours.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!
Got in last night, set up the iello booth and our open play room.

If you are a goon and are planning on buying any iello games PM me, I may have some good advice for you.

Our current games that we expect to sell well are Welcome to the Dungeon, Koba Yakawa, and Medieval Academy

If you plan on picking them up, or King of New York, or anything else we have at the show, feel free to get in touch.

E: I can confirm Loughmiller's is good, got the English beef for lunch and was not disappointed.

BlackIronHeart
Aug 2, 2004

PROCEED
I'm finally done packing after a trip to the supermarket and two separate trips to the pharmacy. I could drown a steer with my hand-sanitizer. :black101:

Haystack
Jan 23, 2005

This is probably a little late to be asking this, but what's the best way to sell off some of my old MTG/pokemon cards? I riffed through them to find most of the rares, but most of them are just in big undifferentiated stacks.

Haystack
Jan 23, 2005

For those of you who are driving, here's a listing of all the major traffic disruptions going on this weekend:

http://blog.downtownindy.org/traffic-alert/

Looks like Friday night is going to be a bit nuts, what with a big concert and a baseball game going at the same time.

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!
Drank and gamed with goons; it went well. Not nearly as fat, smelly, and gross as we advertise ourselves to be. Possibly a little disappointed by this fact.

Backno
Dec 1, 2007

Goff Boyz iz da rudest Boyz

SKA SUCKS

Old Doggy Bastard posted:

At my lovely motel, Red Roof Inn Indianapolis South, trying to placate roommate drama and figure out parking for GenCon- anyone have any tips because althought we have reserved parking for Thursday and Saturday we cannot find any for Sunday or Friday.

Goon carpool?

Park at Lucas Oil Stadium. It's like $5 for the day and you just show up.

Backno fucked around with this message at 10:13 on Jul 30, 2015

QnoisX
Jul 20, 2007

It'll be like a real doll that moves around and talks and stuff!
K, have Space Alert and X-Com in my hotel room if the guys that mentioned wanting them still do. Can trade or give me like $10 less than CSI. The rest I'm throwing into the store.

Dr. Quarex
Apr 18, 2003

I'M A BIG DORK WHO POSTS TOO MUCH ABOUT CONVENTIONS LOOK AT THIS

TOVA TOVA TOVA
The video game room is evidently $8/hour because they do not like being popular.

Also, I see the UnderGopher flag is on the same floor as our flag at the Embassy Suites. Let the war commence. You in that room, 8one6?

8one6
May 20, 2012

When in doubt, err on the side of Awesome!

Quarex posted:

The video game room is evidently $8/hour because they do not like being popular.

Also, I see the UnderGopher flag is on the same floor as our flag at the Embassy Suites. Let the war commence. You in that room, 8one6?

I'm in line for early entry, next to hall j/k.

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

Goondolences. That VIG line looks rough, and it felt like zero AC

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Forget the food trucks I found the White Castle. :getin:

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna
I'm at the doors, maybe 8 people back. What do I rush and trample to get? Probably going to FFG booth to get Game of Thrones.

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

I wanna be a saikyo HERO!
Got a mostly open day today, looking for goons who want to play Level 99 stuff (Argent, BattleCON, Pixel Tactics) later on. Also brought Spirit of '77 and Breakfast Cult to possibly run!

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Quarex posted:

well guess i have no reason to bring my fightstick this year lol

nesbit37
Dec 12, 2003
Emperor of Rome
(500 BC - 500 AD)
If the goon that wanted whiterock is in here,They have it at the same booth as I got it at last year. $50, chimera hobbies, bottom of row 1900. I picked one up, you can have it for the $50 I paid for it. They also had 3 other copies left when I was there 15 minutes ago

Trynant
Oct 7, 2010

The final spice...your tears <3
So hey; at what couldn't be more last minute, personal poo poo happened that stopped me from going to GenCon this year. Sorry to anyone that was looking forward to some heavy board gaming action of whatever variety I would have brought.

gently caress.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Trynant posted:

So hey; at what couldn't be more last minute, personal poo poo happened that stopped me from going to GenCon this year. Sorry to anyone that was looking forward to some heavy board gaming action of whatever variety I would have brought.

gently caress.

I'm sorry to hear that man, I hope things clear up for you.

Domesticated Ape
Apr 1, 2010

Hear u go????
Quick, where can a find an open parking garage?

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013
Friend and I made it to the hotel. We're thinking of going with a cab this year instead of paying for parking. How affordable is cab fare around here?

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

For the record, I'm going to be running a Hillfolk game tomorrow morning at the Indianapolis Marriott tomorrow morn at 9am - if you're interested go ahead and sign up at the Pelgrane booth. I'll also be running 13th age at 1pm (RPG1575852) but that's presently full, so I won't be able to take generics unless there's a no-show.

Old Doggy Bastard
Dec 18, 2008

Werix posted:

Friend and I made it to the hotel. We're thinking of going with a cab this year instead of paying for parking. How affordable is cab fare around here?

Decent, and my roommate is a Lyft driver and showed me how that works last night. Did not get kidnapped, 7/10 would ride again.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
If anyone wants to try The Quiet Year i'm bringing it, i bought it last year and never had a chance to play it since then lol.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Anyone see a booth selling Dead of Winter? I want to look into it.

8one6
May 20, 2012

I wandered into the auction for a little while and someone was getting rid of a poo poo-ton of Fed Commander stuff.

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

I miss spoke if you have food issues its Duo not dio that is amazing food. Their food truck is out there right now

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013
Holy poo poo the line here at FFG is around the "block".

pakman
Jun 27, 2011

Werix posted:

Holy poo poo the line here at FFG is around the "block".

Always is and it never gets shorter.

gutterdaughter
Oct 21, 2010

keep yr head up, problem girl
I'm running pick up games of Final Attack! A realtime co-op boardgame about combining robots, designed by infamous goon Broken Loose.

First game starts at 7PM tonight, in Hall E near the doors. Look for a blonde goon in a bright green and blue dress. Contact me on GroupMe if you can't find me.

gutterdaughter fucked around with this message at 23:05 on Jul 30, 2015

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

I grabbed Tragedy Looper and Legendary Alien today. Cthulhu Wars looks drat sweet but that price tag. Holy shitsnacks.

NSDM in a couple hours. Can't wait to see you guys there. I'm gonna be wearing a Hawkeye shirt and Batman hat

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013

pakman posted:

Always is and it never gets shorter.

Made it with 4 minutes to spare. I was the only one there buying RPG books, everyone else wanted all the x-wings.

Friend talked me into a MtG sealed two headed giant tournament tonight so that should be interesting.

Merauder
Apr 17, 2003

The North Remembers.
Day 1 exhibiting all done, was an insane day. Can't wait to actually play games tonight!

I was able to scurry over to FFG at like 9:03 as they were starting to let in VIGs this morning and walk up with no line; picked up some new GoT stuff, and by the time I finished paying the line was already rounding two corners of their booth. Crazy good timing. Sucks they can't expedite things better. :(

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

Hillfolk game's been moved to Sunday morning, sign ups are still at the Pelgrane booth in the exhibitor hall.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Where my goons at?

pakman
Jun 27, 2011

Can anyone suggest a local coffee joint that isn't Starbucks that's decent? Also have a hankerin' for either ice cream or frozen yogurt.

gutterdaughter
Oct 21, 2010

keep yr head up, problem girl
FINAL ATTACK! open play again tomorrow. I'm looking at 6 or 7PM, but tomorrow is probably my most flexible workday.

Who wants in, and what time can you play?

Reynold
Feb 14, 2012

Suffer not the unclean to live.
I was very annoyed with how they were handling lines to things like FFG and Forge World today. I was right at the exhibit hall entrance when the doors opened, and in the 45 seconds it took for me to walk over to FFG's booth and get in line, some hysterical FFG employee started shouting "WHAT ARE YOU ALL DOING, THE LINE IS OVER BY THE WALL!" which was like a million people deep at that point. gently caress that. Also, Forge World didn't bring any of their event only models to this event. I got mine anyhow since I reserved them along with a bunch of other stuff, even though I was emailed back saying they couldn't guarantee they'd have any for me. They had no display and didn't bring much stuff this time, kind of a letdown. I'm not going to bother heading in early Thursday morning next year.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Gutter Owl posted:

FINAL ATTACK! open play again tomorrow. I'm looking at 6 or 7PM, but tomorrow is probably my most flexible workday.

I want to play for sure, not exactly sure when I'll be most free but probably pretty much any time. Dinner-ish hours are probably worst.

8one6
May 20, 2012

So someone at Games Workshop corporate hosed up their visa requests, so when they mentioned that they were working a booth at Gen Con they got turned back and deported. It was Forge world staff that was working both booths.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crackbone
May 23, 2003

Vlaada is my co-pilot.

Gutter Owl posted:

I'd like to as well, have t check my schedule for tomorrow though.

• Locked thread