Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Liberatore
Nov 16, 2010

Would you like
to know more?

When (that's no) moon hits this guy like a big Twi'lek guy: Liberatore!
I'm reading some patch notes and there's some interesting things:

• Sound and highlight notification for queue pop, so you will know when queue pops while minimized.
  • Distortion bosses will always drop a purple primary and secondary weapon for the class you're playing.
  • Purple weapons will have an additional bonus (%) to might, to make might a little more attractive
  • Group dungeons (5-mans) will always drop a purple amulet at the last boss. Other bosses will have a 50% chance of dropping purple amulets.
  • 40 new adept missions
These are part of the first update after the divine form/distortions/invasions stuff, released two weeks earlier.

• Commanders that don't vote will be considered to have voted yes, once voting ends. Voting ends in 3 days.
  • Construction power reductions to the buildings associated with high level content. Pantheons who have already built these buildings will be compensated.
  • UI and minor balance changes
^ Divine form/distortions/invasions patch.

I have a feeling that we'll get both of those patches together, though. The other big patch that I've already posted about also has numerous improvements to dungeons, some optimized animations and effects, a number of fixes for 12 classes and other stuff. Eventually they're also removing secondary objectives from group dungeons and rewarding everyone with S rank for completion.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Melanion
Jun 7, 2011

heard the walls are paper thin from where you are to where I am

Liberatore posted:

Eventually they're also removing secondary objectives from group dungeons and rewarding everyone with S rank for completion.

Oh thank god. Though It would be cool if you could toggle it back on for a small extra reward. An extra challenge for guild groups/friends.

HandsomeBen
Nov 23, 2006

There is no greater calling than to serve your fellow men. There is no greater contribution than to help the weak. There is no greater satisfaction than to have done it well

Liberatore posted:

Eventually they're also removing secondary objectives from group dungeons and rewarding everyone with S rank for completion.
Don't you gently caress with my emotions Liberatore. I hate the bonus objectives.

Liberatore
Nov 16, 2010

Would you like
to know more?

I did say eventually. That's like the latest patch they got, released last week or something. So we may not see that change in a while.

walruscat
Apr 27, 2013

If you have a 500 series nvidia card don't upgrade to Windows 10!

Valatar
Sep 26, 2011

A remarkable example of a pathetic species.
Lipstick Apathy

walruscat posted:

If you have a 500 series nvidia card don't upgrade to Windows 10!

How so? My workstation with its crap old 460 is doing fine. Is there something specific to the 500 line?

walruscat
Apr 27, 2013

Valatar posted:

How so? My workstation with its crap old 460 is doing fine. Is there something specific to the 500 line?

Yes. It's the only chip with broken nvidia drivers. All their other chips have working drivers.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

So who do I suck off to get an invite in the guild?

Also the amount of paladins that think this is WoW is loving ridiculous.

BadLlama fucked around with this message at 04:25 on Jul 30, 2015

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....

Liberatore posted:

I did say eventually. That's like the latest patch they got, released last week or something. So we may not see that change in a while.

How far behind is the English build compared to the Russian build?

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

They need more options for looks

Zaekkor
May 12, 2010

Oh, let's break it down!

Junkie Disease posted:

They need more options for looks

Executioner of Death :black101:

Liberatore
Nov 16, 2010

Would you like
to know more?

BadLlama posted:

So who do I suck off to get an invite in the guild?

Also the amount of paladins that think this is WoW is loving ridiculous.

The guild is full again, sadly. More space will open up soon.

BexGu posted:

How far behind is the English build compared to the Russian build?

As far as big updates go, we're behind one content drop and three major patches.

In terms of time, we're almost 3 months behind. The god form/invasions/distortions patch was released for RU OBT on May 6. The other patch I mentioned was released on May 20. The catch-up system/grouping patch was released on June 24.

Jimlit
Jun 30, 2005

God of doritos

blueberrysmith
May 4, 2006

Dirty Sanchez

Jimlit posted:

God of doritos

Creepin'. I think you need a solid series of pictures like this. Document the story of Dorito God ogling Russian ladies endlessly.

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

http://sf.my.com/us/news/announcements/crucible-gods-massive-update-coming-august-11

Giant patch coming August 11th.

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....

Some dude called Wyck Titalus has also been doing pre-views from the Russian servers on the official forums.

[Sneak Peak] Alien Invasions. Invasions atlases.
https://eu.portal.sf.my.com/comments/55b9cf42ac72b869507aee47/FirstUnvisited?page=1

Sneak Peak of Damage Meter
https://eu.portal.sf.my.com/comments/55a72738ac727983b3291cac?page=1

Catch up system
https://eu.portal.sf.my.com/comments/559aa240ac72cd30ce124d1b/4?page=1

BexGu fucked around with this message at 17:02 on Jul 30, 2015

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

Ass_Burgerer posted:

Yeah actually you're the one who's wrong Mr.Drinks outta fists. The corpse drop thing happens when you execute and when the guy dies with the plague dot on.

Fun fact; when you execute something with the plague dot, you get two corpse drop charges. However when you use it once it consumes both charges.

So you are right. I was totally wrong here. Apparently the claws of death talent funeral lament being on does not trigger the corpse bomb for me. But the normal execute does. HyC is still a shitlord though.

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

This hand of mine shines and roars! It's bright cry tells me to grasp victory!

Drinkfist posted:

So you are right. I was totally wrong here.

Man are you ok?

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC

Time for us to start moving to building condensers?

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

randombattle posted:

Man are you ok?

Realizing when you are wrong and admitting it is the path to becoming always right as my father told me. I was angry that I was mistaken if that makes you feel better.

I have just combed though the OP and FAQ posts and edited them to be all nice and shiny with all our new gathered information from playing this poo poo game. I am still missing writeup posts on the following classes for the OP:

Knight
Archer
Gunner
Warlock/Witch
Monk

So I am going to stare at Lawlicaust, HyC and Luthience in that order with a glimmer of murder and disgust in my eyes.
Also some of the writeup links in the OP just loving suck. If you have a class that you are the poo poo at please go ahead and read what we got linked there in the OP for the new players and tell me if that trout swims with you.

Given that we are still getting a pile of invite requests from goons still for the guild it seems that the issue was not fixed by my lazy efforts. After this square goes up we will be building a whole new shiny clan. So I am gonna need a new loving shitlord pulled from the filth of societies sewers to run it. As usual people that want the job will not get it and those who refuse the job will. I also can be bought in the form of lavish seven digit guild donations and pulling on the dicks of my fellow commanders till they quack. (gently caress we should have a duck game match to determine the commander now that I think about it.)

Lawlicaust posted:

Time for us to start moving to building condensers?

We should easily have all that loving resistance/power/distortion jazz up and running by the time that patch lands. Getting all these loving goons in here while maintaining some kind of guild functionality is still my priority. The bigger ball of garbage we become the better.

Drinkfist fucked around with this message at 18:22 on Jul 30, 2015

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Raise Chris Coons' taxes so that we can have Medicare for All.

Get officer hopefuls to play rocket league and whoever gets the sickest trick shot off has immunity from becoming an officer.

I feel like we could settle all disputes with this going into the future.

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

LITERALLY MY FETISH posted:

Get officer hopefuls to play rocket league and whoever gets the sickest trick shot off has immunity from becoming an officer.

I feel like we could settle all disputes with this going into the future.

Duck game is clearly a superior method. 1v1s will be blood bowl.

Drinkfist fucked around with this message at 18:28 on Jul 30, 2015

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

How big are guilds limited to? Is it some stupid poo poo like 50 spots? poo poo Russian game.

Liberatore
Nov 16, 2010

Would you like
to know more?

It started at 12, it's now at 100. With a new clan, we'll get another 10 spots. If we continue from there, the next upgrade will put us at 121 maximum members.

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

Put Raine Langstrom on the Pantheon waiting list. I've been playing this game non-stop.

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC
I'll do a knight writeup later...

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Alchemist write-up for everyone else, when it starts raining piss do not run from said piss thank you.

Zaekkor
May 12, 2010

Oh, let's break it down!

My offer to be a commander of a clan still remains. I will be a bit busy this weekend as I am moving, but I will try to be on at least once a day. I will be 100% good as of Monday. I usually get on at least once a day for a couple hours after work.

IGN: Peter Quill

Hy_C
Apr 1, 2010

I did a archer write up already poo poo lord. If you want a more in depth one with fancy pictures, I'll do it later today.

Hy_C fucked around with this message at 20:36 on Jul 30, 2015

Khako
Dec 24, 2008

Lee #61

Hy_C posted:

I did a archer write up already poo poo lord. If you want a more in depth one with fancy pictures, I'll do it later today.

Right-click, Right-click, hold left click for 2 seconds.

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Raise Chris Coons' taxes so that we can have Medicare for All.

Khako posted:

Right-click, Right-click, hold left click for 2 seconds.

Press 1

Drakes
Jul 18, 2007

Why my bullets no hit?
3 seconds left on burning? Hold left click for 1 second, burning them again.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

If you want to turn some gems into credits what is the most efficient way? Is straight up converting them the best or are there any dumb items out there you can buy with gems and then sell for more credits than just converting?

Anal Papist
Jun 2, 2011

The best way is buying vehicle licenses then reselling them for credits.

Liberatore
Nov 16, 2010

Would you like
to know more?

BadLlama posted:

If you want to turn some gems into credits what is the most efficient way? Is straight up converting them the best or are there any dumb items out there you can buy with gems and then sell for more credits than just converting?

Just sell them. If you buy enough holy texts that the price drops to 6 argents each, holy texts are better.

The market is supposed to fluctuate based on supply and demand, but they froze the prices on everything on the second day of early access.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Hmm was there a recent patch? Just fought sea lord promethos and my alchemist shield was reflect his attacks back in the scrolling combat text but wasn't actually damaging him like it did a few days before.

Also this is just about the worst game I have ever played that thought jumping puzzles are good with their crappy collision modeling.

BadLlama fucked around with this message at 02:43 on Jul 31, 2015

Liberatore
Nov 16, 2010

Would you like
to know more?

No recent patch.

Don't do the single jumping puzzle in the game if you don't like it. You always have another option.

Ass_Burgerer
Dec 3, 2010

Just spent an hour and a half grinding through MSM as a necro with a pub group. End up getting stuck on the kraken boss, tank has trouble staying alive and I have to frantically improvise-tank for the group for half the fights. People start leaving, including the tank and support. We get new pubs, a cryo and a support. Cryo notices we have no tank and quickly suggests we kick the lower prestige guy (me). I'm kicked before I can blink.

Ask me how I feel about this game.

Liberatore
Nov 16, 2010

Would you like
to know more?

The game always fills up the party with the missing roles, so someone who joined after the tank left queued as a tank and switched classes. Also, don't play with pubs if you can avoid it; If you're low prestige, plenty of us are happy running goons through low prestige 5 mans. It takes like 10-15 minutes for a 1/2* MSM run and you still get all the loot and other rewards. At higher prestige, most of the grouping issues are gone. That or I might be absurdly lucky.

Anyway, I was wondering why the timing for dealing double crit Twilight Scourges as a Slayer was so tight; Apparently when you cancel out of an attack's animation, you can't deal damage during the time that animation would be playing. I find it easier to try to squeeze 5-6 Twilight Scourges during one Shadow Cloaking, which does less damage due to the critical damage buff wearing off, but is much easier to pull off. Fortunately with Berserker this is not an issue, as it will only stop the damage from the first two basic attacks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ass_Burgerer
Dec 3, 2010

I would very much like to be carried through these poo poo dungeons by high prestige goons. Though I'm currently not in the goon pantheon for a couple of reasons. Who do I contact for coordinating this?

• Locked thread