Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Desuwa
Jun 2, 2011

I'm telling my mommy. That pubbie doesn't do video games right!
Autoaim is something that's really useful but that shouldn't be encouraged.

I use it all the time but if someone asks when they should use autoaim the answer is never. Even I gently caress up and use it when I shouldn't, though since I started using it more it's been a net positive. But for players who don't already know when they shouldn't it's just a huge drag on their performance.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RanKizama
Apr 22, 2015

Shinobi Heart
Finally hit the 6K mark in my M3 Lee yesterday. It was sitting on 5,998 for about a month because I got distracted with grinding other tanks and beating on people in my Bromwell.

:toot:

Cardiac
Aug 28, 2012

Desuwa posted:

Autoaim is something that's really useful but that shouldn't be encouraged.

I use it all the time but if someone asks when they should use autoaim the answer is never. Even I gently caress up and use it when I shouldn't, though since I started using it more it's been a net positive. But for players who don't already know when they shouldn't it's just a huge drag on their performance.

Using autoaim on TDs have hosed it up for me on a number of occasions.
In my Pattons, T-54, Bulldog or CDC I use it all the time and it is excellent in those cases where you need to peek and shoot around corners and slopes.
It is hilarious in those occasions where you autoaim on a tank at maximum draw range while fireing on the move and actually hit it. Those occasons happens more than they should.

Bonus:
4k damage on the CDC is apparently only first class. WTF are you doing in these tanks?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qlw-43ORX5s
Also, the 5k T-54 game from earlier. The brawl at the start is glorious and 3 minutes in I am already at 3.3 k damage. Also shows how I use the autoaim mod.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Axia2eTnEEM

CompeAnansi
Feb 1, 2011

I respectfully decline
the invitation to join
your hallucination
The Ke Ho (along with the Pz. III) is the only tier 4 I'll play. It is so much fun, has normal matchmaking and a really solid gun. Definitely get it.

Truck Stop Daddy
Apr 17, 2013

A janitor cleans the bathroom

Muldoon

Cardiac posted:

4k damage on the CDC is apparently only first class. WTF are you doing in these tanks?
http://wotreplays.eu/site/1672868
http://wotreplays.eu/site/1673059

It has bullshit high reqs tbh. You had to be in 5-6k territory when I sperged out in the CDC

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Cardiac posted:

People like me ruined it, I am sorry :smith:

I am quite glad I got the badge early, gently caress trying to get it now.

srb
Jul 24, 2007

The "turret ring" of the MG cupola has some 230-260 thick areas, although they are small. Take someone into a training room and try it out.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

srb posted:

The "turret ring" of the MG cupola has some 230-260 thick areas, although they are small. Take someone into a training room and try it out.

I've always felt that the tumor on the E3 was a red herring. Could never pen it with consistency.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

srb posted:

I'm getting penned through the "mantlet" of the E3 cupola. So far, an E3 AP shell (295 pen), E5 HEAT (340 pen) and E100 HEAT (334 pen). Those shells were not threats before the HD model, and being penned there is a major catastrophe since the entire point of the E3 is supposed to be great front armor with only the roof weakspot if you can hide the lower plate.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Hellsau posted:

I'm getting penned through the "mantlet" of the E3 cupola. So far, an E3 AP shell (295 pen), E5 HEAT (340 pen) and E100 HEAT (334 pen). Those shells were not threats before the HD model, and being penned there is a major catastrophe since the entire point of the E3 is supposed to be great front armor with only the roof weakspot if you can hide the lower plate.

This is a little unsettling, going to have to test it when I get home. We might need to change some strats if this is correct...

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

August's Month-Long Event is :mediocre:

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

:geno:

RanKizama
Apr 22, 2015

Shinobi Heart
Considering I already got the Tetrarch from an event a few months ago, looks like some free gold and a garage slot. I'll take it.

KaiserSchnitzel
Feb 23, 2003

Hey baby I think we Havel lot in common

RanKizama posted:

Finally hit the 6K mark in my M3 Lee yesterday. It was sitting on 5,998 for about a month because I got distracted with grinding other tanks and beating on people in my Bromwell.

:toot:

You should retire that thing now and leave it at 6,000 games forever, just as a monument to being stubborn. Amazing.

:vince: :boom: :golfclap:

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

And the crowd goes mild!

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

At this point all I really care about are discounts on equipment and Tier 8+ tanks.

RanKizama
Apr 22, 2015

Shinobi Heart

KaiserSchnitzel posted:

You should retire that thing now and leave it at 6,000 games forever, just as a monument to being stubborn. Amazing.

:vince: :boom: :golfclap:

Not retiring it forever, but I am gonna start refocusing on the Grant to get it to a similar level. Only now I'll have the 6-pdr.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

McGavin posted:

At this point all I really care about are discounts on equipment and Tier 8+ tanks.

I am waiting on two things: Camo sale, equipment sale.

Mainly the camo sale, I am sitting on a Scourge McDuck quantity of gold and I need to blow it on useless poo poo ASAP.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

That reminds me that I need to buy some camo now that I have the gold.

I was thinking of changing my awful name, but 2,500 gold is a lot. So instead I think I am going to c/p "I have the name of a nazi war criminal in my name, please report it as offensive" in allchat.

Missing Name
Jan 5, 2013

McGavin posted:

Crew retraining might be nice too.

Atomizer
Jun 24, 2007

Cardiac posted:

Also, the 5k T-54 game from earlier. The brawl at the start is glorious and 3 minutes in I am already at 3.3 k damage. Also shows how I use the autoaim mod.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Axia2eTnEEM

The bad pubbie Tiger 2 shot HE at you. :3:

Mesadoram posted:

I've always felt that the tumor on the E3 was a red herring. Could never pen it with consistency.

It used to be like 300 mm effective. Regardless of what it is now, being in front of an E3 is probably a dumb idea. Hold W + A or D maybe?

LET'S GET READY TO GRUMBLE! :vince:

RanKizama posted:

Not retiring it forever, but I am gonna start refocusing on the Grant to get it to a similar level. Only now I'll have the 6-pdr.

Prepare to be disappointed.

RanKizama
Apr 22, 2015

Shinobi Heart

Atomizer posted:

Prepare to be disappointed.
Couple hundred games into already with a 64% winrate. I'm liking it.

Slim Jim Pickens
Jan 16, 2012

RanKizama posted:

Couple hundred games into already with a 64% winrate. I'm liking it.

I do not understand the M3 dimension that you live in.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Slim Jim Pickens posted:

Anime poisons the mind.

Missing Name
Jan 5, 2013

Speaking of anime, would the real reason for getting a Tai Ga Ru be for crew training the eventual Japanese heavy line?

And should one, naturally, fill it with a female crew to have a true waifu tank crew?

CitizenKain
May 27, 2001

That was Gary Cooper, asshole.

Nap Ghost

unlawfulsoup posted:

The tank literally answers a question no one ever asked. Hey kids, want a Black Prince that trades armor for a little speed?

Most of the British heavy line is answering bad questions with poor decisions. What if we put a bunch of armor on a tank and weighed it down, but didn't put in a good engine? What if the armor only covered a small bit in the front? What if we just didn't bother with armor on the side?

The WG answered with, what if we made them DPM tanks in a game where that doesn't matter that much?

Fat Jesus
Jul 13, 2011

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2023

Bort Bortles posted:

I was thinking of changing my awful name, but 2,500 gold is a lot. So instead I think I am going to c/p "I have the name of a nazi war criminal in my name, please report it as offensive" in allchat.

I don't think your name offends the wehraboos the way my original one did (WarCriminalErwinRommel) which lasted a few months and got someone telling me what a great man he really was every 2nd battle or so. If you do get it banned WG will be extremely picky on what you can have to replace it. For example seemingly harmless ones like Fatbeard are out for whatever reason.
And I spent most of the day playing my T-34 to unlock a MT-25 but didn't realise it was already elited from before they changed the tech tree so after about 20 games I started wondering wtf, I should have got enough exp by now. Turns out I had accelerate crew training turned on all that time. Crew's looking good at least.

Ensign Expendable
Nov 11, 2008

Lager beer is proof that god loves us
Pillbug

Bort Bortles posted:

That doesn't work anymore. You used to be able to get a free rename when they found out your name was illegal, but now all that happens is you get renamed to "SystemRename####" and then you have to pay for a change.

Terrorist Fistbump
Jan 29, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

They only want us to play for an hour a week? Why not just give away the tank as a login bonus or whatever.

SuperSix
Aug 22, 2012
Anyone play tanks on the XB1? How is it? I almost want to kill my self over pc tanks, thinking of switching into a less stressful environment.

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot
I want this: http://ritastatusreport.blogspot.nl/2015/07/turan-3-prototype.html

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Ensign Expendable posted:

That doesn't work anymore. You used to be able to get a free rename when they found out your name was illegal, but now all that happens is you get renamed to "SystemRename####" and then you have to pay for a change.
Oh well poo poo. I'll just have to pay then, dangit.

RanKizama
Apr 22, 2015

Shinobi Heart

Slim Jim Pickens posted:

It's not a bad place to be. :)

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Fat Jesus posted:

I don't think your name offends the wehraboos the way my original one did (WarCriminalErwinRommel) which lasted a few months and got someone telling me what a great man he really was every 2nd battle or so. If you do get it banned WG will be extremely picky on what you can have to replace it. For example seemingly harmless ones like Fatbeard are out for whatever reason.
And I spent most of the day playing my T-34 to unlock a MT-25 but didn't realise it was already elited from before they changed the tech tree so after about 20 games I started wondering wtf, I should have got enough exp by now. Turns out I had accelerate crew training turned on all that time. Crew's looking good at least.

There's no shame in playing more T-34.

unlawfulsoup
May 12, 2001

Welcome home boys!

Hungarian tanks are nice but they are no Type 59.

JohnGalt
Aug 7, 2012

Atomizer posted:

http://www.kinguin.net/category/10948/world-of-tanks-1250-gold-8-8-cm-pak-43-jagdtiger-tank-7-days-premium-bonus-code/

This is still a thing. The codes are currently in the low-mid $20 range (they're worth $50) so you get double your money's worth in gold & some premium time. I've purchased from them before, they're legit.

So I got 4 of these things and they emailed me to ask for verification of my address. I replied by putting my drivers license on the edge of my desk, pulling down my pants, and including a dick pic in the lower 1/3 of the cell phone shot.

Still havent heard back. I think I just lost $100

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

JohnGalt posted:

So I got 4 of these things and they emailed me to ask for verification of my address. I replied by putting my drivers license on the edge of my desk, pulling down my pants, and including a dick pic in the lower 1/3 of the cell phone shot.

Still havent heard back. I think I just lost $100

You degenerate. Also Comms/VilinSockPuppet says get on PINGU's teamspeak if you want in, just applying on the website won't cut it.

Atomizer
Jun 24, 2007

Ensign Expendable posted:

I can confirm this isn't quite how it works. If you get automatically renamed, you just ask WGNA support for a rename of your choice, and they'll ask for 3 possible names. They'll then change it to the first acceptable choice. That's how my brother ended up as The One True Hellsau.

Atomizer
Jun 24, 2007

This is why you never give up, never surrender, always carry pubbies. I think it was a ~5.7k WN8 game or some poo poo like that:

http://wotreplays.eu/site/2052594?secret=359122b185259304aaada9a4f7a425c2

This next battle wasn't anything special, except for ~10:10. It shows how you can use an E-50 to turn a T-54 into an Obj 416:

http://wotreplays.eu/site/2052597?secret=359122b185259304aaada9a4f7a425c2

That might be worth animated GIFing for anyone who's good at that sort of thing. :shobon:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

The drat "set poo poo on fire" mission in the medium tank line for the bad Stug is driving me insane. I only have a Pz III//IV and a Panther/M10 do do them.

Wait a minute, I have a T-54, how did I loving forget that?

Duzzy Funlop fucked around with this message at 10:25 on Jul 31, 2015