Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Slung Blade
Jul 11, 2002

IN STEEL WE TRUST

That Works posted:

Slung Blade is gonna be the next President Madagascar

Yes, but for mad cow disease.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goodness
Jan 3, 2012

When the light turns green, you go. When the light turns red, you stop. But what do you do when the light turns blue with orange and lavender spots?
How hard is it to get a citizenship in Canada, would you be willing to help someone with their own setup closeby and can you get more people elected.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

How is mayorship going? How is your house, now you've had a couple years in it? Is the electric tractor still going well? Do you have goats? Have you smoked any cheese or salmon lately?

Jealous Cow
Apr 4, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
Smoke salmon errday

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug
He had to cut back on roads, and he will regret this.

Slung Blade
Jul 11, 2002

IN STEEL WE TRUST

goodness posted:

How hard is it to get a citizenship in Canada, would you be willing to help someone with their own setup closeby and can you get more people elected.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/citizenship/cit-test.asp

It's not too tough, I suppose. Not sure why anyone would want to be on council for a small town though. It's not exactly glamorous.

Leperflesh posted:

How is mayorship going? How is your house, now you've had a couple years in it? Is the electric tractor still going well? Do you have goats? Have you smoked any cheese or salmon lately?

Things are pretty quiet, we're getting a forensic audit done on the finances. The fraudster has agreed to give us another check as soon as that is done in exchange for not pursuing charges, which sounds totally fair to me.

Tractor is good, I'm going to fix the brake connections here soon, need to get it ready for the annual show, and the existing cotter pin and washer setup can't stand anyone other than me to operate it. People seem to think you need to loving FLOOR the pedal like a neanderthal which just rips the little pin up. I'll get pictures when I do that.

No goats.

I have wild salmon in the freezer waiting to be cured and smoked, it been way too hot or way too rainy here the last few weeks for that though.

Car is still sitting, I've done a little work, but I've spent most of my cash on that truck and trailer for the year. I'm trying to get a tail light lens and all the old Mopar junkyards hate answering emails. Been putting together my mig welder, just got the gas bottle on Monday, so I can fix the sheet metal and maybe an exhaust leak. If I can get it inspected this year, I can get it painted. That'd be a huge win.

Slung Blade
Jul 11, 2002

IN STEEL WE TRUST

Decided to sell the tent trailer, hopefully clear up some capital to work on the car.

Took some decent images, may as well post them here.

Bought it new 10 years ago, had a lot of good times in this trailer.

~*memories*~

(only used the bbq as an oven :v: )

Splizwarf
Jun 15, 2007
It's like there's a soup can in front of me!
So what does one of those go for? Looks pretty sweet.

Slung Blade
Jul 11, 2002

IN STEEL WE TRUST

Splizwarf posted:

So what does one of those go for? Looks pretty sweet.

I'm asking for 6300$ Canadian, hoping for around 5500 or so.

E: lot of wildlife in my backyard today.

Stupid rabbit didn't want my old tomatoes.

And a Mike Duffy gopher.

Slung Blade fucked around with this message at 05:21 on Jul 20, 2015

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

drat, I've been following the Adventures of Slung Blade for years at this point and now he's the mayor? I guess he wasn't kidding when he said he was going to build a life in the country.

Dante Logos
Dec 31, 2010

DizzyBum posted:

drat, I've been following the Adventures of Slung Blade for years at this point and now he's the mayor? I guess he wasn't kidding when he said he was going to build a life in the country.

Just think of it as the real life version of Animal Crossing: New Leaf.

Slung Blade
Jul 11, 2002

IN STEEL WE TRUST

Submitted without further comment.

Rotten Cookies
Nov 11, 2008

gosh! i like both the islanders and the rangers!!! :^)

It doesn't mention anywhere in the rules that furniture can't be mayor.

E: vvv :hf:

TooMuchAbstraction
Oct 14, 2012

I spent four years making
Waves of Steel
Hell yes I'm going to turn my avatar into an ad for it.
Fun Shoe
Mayor Sofa is the leader this town needs.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

Slung Blade posted:

How do you not wear that everywhere people might be, and just kinda grunt and point at the sash when anyone might try to argue with you?

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

Day 12045 Ht10hands 180lbs
No Name
No lumps No Bumps Full life Clean
Two good eyes No Busted Limbs
Piss OK Genitals intact
Multiple scars Heals fast
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
Lone Road Warrior Rundown
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...

Slung Blade posted:

"Diamond" Joe SlungBlade.

Flocons de Jambon
Apr 11, 2015
SlungBlade's life is like one of those commercials for Game of War. Buildings spring from the ground around him as has empire grows.

Vindolanda
Feb 13, 2012

It's just like him too, y'know?

Flocons de Jambon posted:

SlungBlade's life is like one of those commercials for Game of War. Buildings spring from the ground around him as has empire grows.

Kate Upton Mayor SlungBlade is the SlungBlade SA deserves

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon

Vindolanda posted:

Kate Upton Mayor SlungBlade is the SlungBlade SA deserves

SlungBlade deserves Kate Upton as Mayoral Concubine 2016

DreadLlama
Jul 15, 2005
Not just for breakfast anymore
Hey Slung Blade, what's your take on "Wood Gas" and gasifiers?

Slung Blade
Jul 11, 2002

IN STEEL WE TRUST

DreadLlama posted:

Hey Slung Blade, what's your take on "Wood Gas" and gasifiers?

For what purpose in what kind of application?

If you have a wood lot and don't mind cutting down all your 'gasoline' I hear they can be pretty cheap to operate.

Lots of folks have used wood gas powered tractors and even vehicles. The conversation doesn't look so bad, except for the huge retort you have to weld on to your frame. Lot of time and labour.

I think you get charcoal out of it as a waste product. Maybe that goes back in to provide heat for the gasifier, though I would have other uses for it.

I dunno man, managing a fire while driving doesn't sound all that fun.

apatite
Dec 2, 2006

Got yer back, Jack

Slung Blade posted:

For what purpose in what kind of application?

If you have a wood lot and don't mind cutting down all your 'gasoline' I hear they can be pretty cheap to operate.

I dunno man, managing a fire while driving doesn't sound all that fun.

Managing the firebox doesn't seem too bad if you build something decent but I wouldn't bother unless you have a source of "waste wood" from other processes such as cutting your winter's firewood and a chipper to run the limbs through(what powers the chipper?).

I suppose you could buy commercial wood pellets but then you almost might as well just buy petrofuel? It's weird and hard to justify unless we suddenly run out of petroleum products or the price skyrockets but then what are you going to run your chainsaw, skidding mechanism, etc with? Oh you are going to cut it by hand? I see :jerky:

keep in mind that I've had a huge boner for wood gasification for well over a decade, these are just some of my thoughts

DreadLlama
Jul 15, 2005
For me a huge deal would be being able to run a refrigerator 24/7. Whether that be via a generator or production of a propane or kerosene substitute is unimportant, as I've use for all three.

I need to cut down about 3 acres of lilacs and when I was out drinking beer and looking at it I noticed that my old piles of scrap metal kind of looked like the stuff in this youtube video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DCx3cAVCwfs, and I was thinking that since I already have to cut down all that crap anyways, I may as well get something for it. It means more dragging, but most of it's pretty light. I might take pictures and post a thread about it.

You strike me as a sort who takes care of his equipment in that you wouldn't put just anything through your carburetors. I was specifically interested if you had an opinion about thoughts that it had any negative impact on a carbureted engine's longevity.

Slung Blade
Jul 11, 2002

IN STEEL WE TRUST

DreadLlama posted:

For me a huge deal would be being able to run a refrigerator 24/7. Whether that be via a generator or production of a propane or kerosene substitute is unimportant, as I've use for all three.

I need to cut down about 3 acres of lilacs and when I was out drinking beer and looking at it I noticed that my old piles of scrap metal kind of looked like the stuff in this youtube video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DCx3cAVCwfs, and I was thinking that since I already have to cut down all that crap anyways, I may as well get something for it. It means more dragging, but most of it's pretty light. I might take pictures and post a thread about it.

You strike me as a sort who takes care of his equipment in that you wouldn't put just anything through your carburetors. I was specifically interested if you had an opinion about thoughts that it had any negative impact on a carbureted engine's longevity.

That looks ridiculously complicated to build. I'm not going to discourage you, but I would not be willing to put in that kind of effort. Also all the catalysts you need would be a pain to source reliably.

apatite
Dec 2, 2006

Got yer back, Jack

DreadLlama posted:

For me a huge deal would be being able to run a refrigerator 24/7.

PV panels and/or wind turbine, batteries, charge controller, inverter. Doing it right now and it is working great

DreadLlama
Jul 15, 2005
Really? I guessed from your thread that you were more the type to bury his food.

Cellars are like even better solar panels. You pay a huge initial startup cost , but the payout is years of no-moving-parts maintenance-free operation.

Or is your ground also just rocks with some trees on it?

apatite
Dec 2, 2006

Got yer back, Jack

DreadLlama posted:

Or is your ground also just rocks with some trees on it?

Yeah, this :negative: The struggle is real

neogeo0823
Jul 4, 2007

NO THAT'S NOT ME!!

apatite posted:

Yeah, this :negative: The struggle is real

What's the big deal? Get a jackhammer, some dynamite, and a backhoe, and you're good to build your own cellar. Just make sure you have a good sump pump.

DreadLlama
Jul 15, 2005
A more disgusting option would be to drag a shipping container into a steep valley and then keep your outhouse over it until the container was buried.

Faerunner
Dec 31, 2007
That'd make some amazingly rich soil. Imagine the garden you could have!

Slung Blade
Jul 11, 2002

IN STEEL WE TRUST

Got a project coming down the pipe soon ish. Bumping thread to keep it out of the archives.

Details to follow once the county gets their poo poo together.

Rotten Cookies
Nov 11, 2008

gosh! i like both the islanders and the rangers!!! :^)

I'm interested in further vicarious living via your posts about your awesome life.

porkfriedrice
May 23, 2010
No lie, this thread had a hand in inspiring me to buy my own house. I have neither the skill nor motivation that you have to tackle the zillion things that need to be done around here, but hey at least I have a house.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
:allears:

Keetron
Sep 26, 2008

Check out my enormous testicles in my TFLC log!

Thinking of you:
http://imgur.com/gallery/cZdgX

Slung Blade
Jul 11, 2002

IN STEEL WE TRUST

That's a pretty neat project. I wonder what kind of batteries those are. Also a car that tiny? drat man, if that thing ever gets up to 88mph you might see some serious poo poo.

So given the Canadian election results, I might have to change my plans. Anyone want to help me buy the lot next to me and start a cannabis farm once it's legal? :v:

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

Slung Blade posted:

That's a pretty neat project. I wonder what kind of batteries those are. Also a car that tiny? drat man, if that thing ever gets up to 88mph you might see some serious poo poo.

So given the Canadian election results, I might have to change my plans. Anyone want to help me buy the lot next to me and start a cannabis farm once it's legal? :v:

yes please.

DreadLlama
Jul 15, 2005
What's your soil pH?

Slung Blade
Jul 11, 2002

IN STEEL WE TRUST

Pretty basic iirc. This whole area was an inland sea millions of years ago, so there is a fair amount of salts.

Is that good or bad?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Raised planters or even a few stacked truck tires to hold better soil will be just fine I'm sure.