Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
I can only hope if I die unexpectedly that my family makes something nearly as rad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Ehud posted:

I'm glad your family got to see this thread and share in some of the good times we had with wheez.

I love everyone right now.

Same. Thanks for posting, wheez's sister. In case you don't know how to work the forums yet, you can see Aric's post history here. It only goes back 500 posts sadly, but you may find something in there.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/query.php?action=results&qid=1436831762

Best wishes to you and your family. Your brother was a hell of a guy.

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?
tip for Aric's sister, go re-read the fried chicken recipe now that you have an account. The recipe page still has some of the language filter words in it like "loving"

i mean i know you were censoring all the swears anyway but still

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
The Listen, Watch. Read page has the pole pic :unsmith:

This made it all real again, dammit.

Sis the Roux, you may want to check out this thread: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3728593
We have an annual charity fantasy football league and this year a bunch of us are playing for Aric/Wheez's charities.

Spoeank fucked around with this message at 04:41 on Jul 14, 2015

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

I do not wear this mask to protect me. I wear it to protect you from me.

v2vian man posted:

tip for Aric's sister, go re-read the fried chicken recipe now that you have an account. The recipe page still has some of the language filter words in it like "loving"

i mean i know you were censoring all the swears anyway but still

Also " BUY ONE OH MY GOD VOLUMETRIC MEASUREMENT IS FOR ASSHOLES."

I plan using the recipe sometime soon as a test and then again for the Superbowl.

Chromatic
Jan 21, 2005

You guys ready to hear a satanic song?
Legit makes me feel good that this subforum has helped Wheez's fam feel a little better in a really trying time.

I know a lot of us come here to just talk poo poo and act stupid but this really is a community in a lot of respects. I mostly lurk but my overall enjoyment of football or any online activity would be limited if not for this place.

Chromatic fucked around with this message at 05:20 on Jul 14, 2015

elKlepitan
Jul 13, 2015

Sis the Roux

Repping the coolest cat in TFF
sis the roux haha

I decided to change the "loving" and "poo poo" to [expletive] because it's confusing for those unfamiliar with that usage and, I thought, funnier.

I see he averaged 7 posts per day since 2004. Holy poo poo. Would it be reasonable to try and request more than 500 post history results from the admins?

It must be strange seeing the real person after interacting with his anonymous persona for so long, but I suppose in this case the "big reveal" of who he really was works out because he didn't make anything up.

elKlepitan
Jul 13, 2015

Sis the Roux

Repping the coolest cat in TFF
also if you'd like to see any functions or features or something added, or if something isn't working correctly and you have any other suggestions let me know. Usually I would be asking him about that sort of thing since I'm poo poo at technology. (We have hand written notes he made and laminated for us explaining how to use all the different remotes at my parent's house.)

Chromatic
Jan 21, 2005

You guys ready to hear a satanic song?

elKlepitan posted:

I see he averaged 7 posts per day since 2004. Holy poo poo. Would it be reasonable to try and request more than 500 post history results from the admins?

That would be an idea. If that fails, you can purchase access to the forum archives for like 10$. I'm 90% sure you can view all of his posts that way.

Either way, welcome and I hope these past couple of months have been as easy on you and your fam as they possibly could be.

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?

elKlepitan posted:

sis the roux haha

I decided to change the "loving" and "poo poo" to [expletive] because it's confusing for those unfamiliar with that usage and, I thought, funnier.

It must be strange seeing the real person after interacting with his anonymous persona for so long, but I suppose in this case the "big reveal" of who he really was works out because he didn't make anything up.

It's strange because wheez was loving hilarious and just a ridiculous dude. It's good to see that his family is all about that too rather than just being like oh Aric was such a nice boy

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Chromatic posted:

That would be an idea. If that fails, you can purchase access to the forum archives for like 10$. I'm 90% sure you can view all of his posts that way.

Not from his post history page.

Elotana
Dec 12, 2003

and i'm putting it all on the goddamn expense account

rip wheez

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
I'm really happy to hear that this thread brought your family any joy/laughter at all. also Sis the Roux is a great nickname

I love all you dummies, even the Giants fans

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
Gonna miss wheez, that guy had good recipes and better stories.

cosmic gumbo
Mar 26, 2005

IMA
  1. GRIP
  2. N
  3. SIP
$25 sent in for the SPLC for Wheez.

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT

Elotana posted:

rip wheez

hahahahahahah

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Aw gently caress, I'm only just finding out about this now :smith:

I'm glad that this dumbass forum could at least bring a lil joy back to the family :unsmith:

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

wheez's dear sister, he was truly a poster of all posters and although I have been graced by the sun's rays and wind's touch more than most of the loving mutants on this site, I've still visited too many forums and I've read too many threads. Your brother was one of the best.

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>
Just got back from TFF hiatus and holy poo poo Wheez is gone :smith: We never even got to go to Cougar (moms) weekend together, wtf.

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

Wheez was the best Seattle fan. Regards to his family and those of you who knew him better than I. Gameday threads will be strange without him.

I love that on the "How do you know Aric" menu there's a whole selection just for ex girlfriends. I bet he has quite a few.

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?
Click here to donate to Put wheez in the cougs ring of honor you little fucks - GoFundMe

Wall Balls
Jun 3, 2007

Spanish Castle Magic

his only crime was making his sister a goon

nrr
Jan 2, 2007

sweet thursday posted:

wheez's dear sister, he was truly a poster of all posters and although I have been graced by the sun's rays and wind's touch more than most of the loving mutants on this site, I've still visited too many forums and I've read too many threads. Your brother was one of the best.

Seconding this. Wheeze was the poo poo and we're all so sorry for your loss. It's not much, but it means a lot to me at least that you can come here and see how much he was loved by us nerds and get a little enjoyment from this thread.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
I'm glad a bunch of internet dorks could in some small way make this tragedy a little easier to bear :unsmith:

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

To lose a fellow trombone player just makes it that much worse. So long Wheez. I'll make a donation once I get my new credit card.

fan of the browns
Apr 6, 2012

my enemy...
the enemy of every human who has ever lived...
this is the life-force that watches over the Dinosaurs.
Thanks for sharing that link with us, elK.

Hed
Mar 31, 2004

Fun Shoe
Wow, I didn't expect this checking TFF randomly during the offseason. Seriously bummed out reading the OP but glad to see the followup and that someone from the fam is reading this. I think my favorite thing about wheez was that his tailgating food thread inspired me to cook up a storm and throw a themed watch party and friends are already asking if I'm going to do that again on Week 1, so I was looking forward to sharing some more recipes with him and all of you this year. Great dude, he will be missed.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

The Washington State entry should be here:

quote:

WAZZU DRUNK

There's this story about Swedes a woman from Stockholm told us. "These are Swedes. Everything is fine and everything is good and then one day Uncle Olle runs drunk and screaming into the woods in the dead of winter after burning his house down. Then he comes back a week later and everything is fine." This is Wazzu football every Saturday.

Godspeed Wheez :unsmith:

e: also echoing this

kidcoelacanth posted:

I'm glad that this dumbass forum could at least bring a lil joy back to the family :unsmith:

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747
Coug flag really is everywhere :911: http://imgur.com/UcEgpaw

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

I'm an infrequent poster in this subforum but reading this made me so sad. Even as infrequently as I posted here I always noticed his posts.

I'm unemployed right now but as soon as I land a job I'll be kicking in something towards one of the charities listed.

Godspeed, wheez.

Yates
Jan 29, 2010

He was just 17...

I only frequent TFF during football season so I just found this. Wheez was a funny dude and I really enjoyed his posts. He is the reason I own a Washington State football shirt. I will wear it every Saturday during the season in remembrance.

Also I'll do something useful like give money.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
Xposted from the Wells Report/ Brady thread

wheez the roux posted:

Tom Brady, Bill Belichick, and the New England Football Patriots are now Officially Recognized as Lying, Cheating, Cheaters who Cheated and Lied in NFL Games, and will forever be remembered by history, the NFL, the record books, and the law as Cheaters. They Cheated and their entire dynasty and legacy was a house of cards built on a foundation of Lies, Fraud, and Cheating, and they will forever be spoken of as The Team That Won A Lot But None of It Counts Because They Were All Cheaters and Cheating All the Time. All-Pro Fraudsters. MVP (Most Villainous Phonies).

Ribsauce
Jul 29, 2006

Blacks in the back.
I am going to call flower shops up there tomorrow. Hopefully I can get a Crimson and Gray arrangement. If anyone knows an Anchorage flower shop that is good feel free to recommend it, but I am probably going to have to rely on Yelp for this one.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
anchorage goon recommended alaska flower shop

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747
Instead of that get an Anchorage liquor store to deliver a keg to the wake.

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!

Ribsauce posted:

I am going to call flower shops up there tomorrow. Hopefully I can get a Crimson and Gray arrangement. If anyone knows an Anchorage flower shop that is good feel free to recommend it, but I am probably going to have to rely on Yelp for this one.

Just do 1800flowers.com - they will find a shop for you. I think you can do custom orders in there.

Akbar
Nov 22, 2004

Hubba-
Hubba.
This is what I get for skipping out on TFF in the offseason. RIP wheez the roux. Although we rooted for rival football teams, together we'll wear our Klay Thompson capes forever into the night. I really wish we had talked more outside of threads.

I'm getting a loving 4loko tonight.

e: following up. Just got home from the gym and made myself a nice omelet and am now saluting wheez with Blue Hurricane Flavor and Rick and Morty, a show I'm sure wheez would have loved if he didn't already. Apologies for my potato of a phonecam.

e2: good lord how did he drink this and still have tastebuds for all those dishes he made? I did a quick back-of-the-envelope and I'm pretty sure drinking this one can is roughly equivalent to drinking a full bottle of wine.

Akbar fucked around with this message at 04:10 on Aug 1, 2015

alpha_destroy
Mar 23, 2010

Billy Butler: Fat Guy by Day, Doubles Machine by Night
I have kind of a stupid announcement. wheez was my favorite TFF poster and possibly my favorite SAS poster. On that note, I have been negotiating something with my wife, but negotiations have finally ended so I am announcing my own memorial for wheez the roux. This season, for every touchdown the Cougs score I will take a shot of Fireball. Of course I intend to take these immediately following each touchdown each Saturday, however, with graduate studies and family and being an adult it is conceivable poo poo might pop up, so in special circumstances I might have to delay my drinks until Sunday. For instance I will definitely be working when the Apple Cup starts. Anyway... We'll all miss wheez and GDTs will never be the same, but go Cougs.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

alpha_destroy posted:

I have kind of a stupid announcement. wheez was my favorite TFF poster and possibly my favorite SAS poster. On that note, I have been negotiating something with my wife, but negotiations have finally ended so I am announcing my own memorial for wheez the roux. This season, for every touchdown the Cougs score I will take a shot of Fireball. Of course I intend to take these immediately following each touchdown each Saturday, however, with graduate studies and family and being an adult it is conceivable poo poo might pop up, so in special circumstances I might have to delay my drinks until Sunday. For instance I will definitely be working when the Apple Cup starts. Anyway... We'll all miss wheez and GDTs will never be the same, but go Cougs.

I like this idea. I might be in on this. Anyone else want to join?

I think it should be double for Apple Cup TDs though. And maybe there should be a separate thread for it?

I'm thinking I might also tie that into a donation- a dollar amount for every Coug TD payable at the end of the season to one of the charities?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

alpha_destroy
Mar 23, 2010

Billy Butler: Fat Guy by Day, Doubles Machine by Night

IllegallySober posted:

I like this idea. I might be in on this. Anyone else want to join?

I think it should be double for Apple Cup TDs though. And maybe there should be a separate thread for it?

I'm thinking I might also tie that into a donation- a dollar amount for every Coug TD payable at the end of the season to one of the charities?

I am totally down, the more the merrier. And I love the idea of raising more money for the SPLC or for Medecins sans frontieres or whatever. PM me if you want and we can work on a thread for closer to the opening of the season.

• Locked thread