Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lisandra_brave
May 26, 2013

You really think someone would do that?
Just go on the internet and tell lies?
Enchanted fitting room with normal monsters and tuners.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

It's the Final Countdown.

Lisandra_brave posted:

Enchanted fitting room with normal monsters and tuners.

Deck list please.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Give me the decklist instead so I can throw it in the trash

Lisandra_brave
May 26, 2013

You really think someone would do that?
Just go on the internet and tell lies?
Here's the list

Skull Servant
Oct 25, 2009

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

Going to run this at online tournaments now. Thanks!

Lead By Example
Jul 17, 2009

I buy and resell Pokemon cards for a living. If you're ever looking to sell your childhood, please reach out!
Fallen Rib
Some of you guys seem like you've got a lot of experience with the OCG scene, so I've got a quick question to ask.

My friend will be going to worlds in Kyoto, and he's going to be bringing a lot of our trades. ( I have a LOT of english ygo stuff. )

Is there anything in specific I need to keep in mind as being more desirable over there? I've already packed all of my regional playmats, nationals sleeves, etc. I also put together a box that has all the Burning Abyss rares and other various tcg exclusive cards.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

zanmatto posted:

Some of you guys seem like you've got a lot of experience with the OCG scene, so I've got a quick question to ask.

My friend will be going to worlds in Kyoto, and he's going to be bringing a lot of our trades. ( I have a LOT of english ygo stuff. )

Is there anything in specific I need to keep in mind as being more desirable over there? I've already packed all of my regional playmats, nationals sleeves, etc. I also put together a box that has all the Burning Abyss rares and other various tcg exclusive cards.

Mostly just the current TCG exclusives, so depending on when Worlds is, the Kozmo's and Kaijus would see a lot of value. Ultra Athletes, they're only recently getting them in Extra Pack 15.

http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/TCG-only

Here's a list

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Hey, this doesn't look like SibylDolls! :raise:

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.
Hey Kids, have you been struggling to get into Yugioh? Well fear not, because Yu-Gi-Oh Legacy of the Duelists is coming out on the PS4 and Xbox One!

https://www.facebook.com/yugiohduelgeneration/photos/a.1530245653893234.1073741832.1464760070441793/1637710009813464/?type=1&permPage=1

Enter the Duelist Simulator to take your place among the finest Duelists ever in Yu-Gi-Oh! Legacy of the Duelist! Players from around the world have been invited to take part in an elite Dueling program that simulates the best Duels across all of Yu-Gi-Oh! history. Replay actual events in the Yu-Gi-Oh! timeline, from the original Yu-Gi-Oh! series up to Yu-Gi-Oh! ZEXAL, featuring the storylines, characters, and Decks in a brand new Story Campaign. Duelists will also Duel against characters from the newest generation of the Yu-Gi-Oh! TV series, Yu-Gi-Oh! ARC-V, with even more Yu-Gi-Oh! ARC-V Duels to be added later as downloadable content.

With over 6,600 cards to play with, including new Pendulum Summon Monsters, Duelists can fight in hundreds of matches with over 90 characters, and even compete in new Battle Pack Sealed Deck and Draft play with other Duelists online.
Features:

The very first Yu-Gi-Oh! video game available for the PS4™ and Xbox One for a never-before-seen next generation Yu-Gi-Oh! experience!
Relive past Dueling glory with a Story Campaign that recounts the events from the Yu-Gi-Oh! TV series! Battle your opponent, and then take on the role of that character and Duel against the protagonist in a “Reverse Duel.”
Duel with the latest cards from the official Yu-Gi-Oh! TRADING CARD GAME, including Pendulum Summon Monsters!
For the first time, compete in Battle Pack Sealed and Draft play against the A.I. or with players online. Battle Pack formats supported include Battle Pack: Epic Dawn, Battle Pack 2: War of the Giants, and War of the Giants: Round 2.
Customize your Decks with more than 6,600 cards, the most in any Yu-Gi-Oh! TRADING CARD GAME video game.
Compete against characters from the newest generation of the Yu-Gi-Oh! TV series, Yu-Gi-Oh! ARC-V!
Add-on content available at launch, with additional Decks, Avatars, playable characters and Duels!

So if you wanted that feeling of cracking packs to construct your deck, or being able to play Sealed or Draft? Legacy of the Duelist has you covered!

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Onmi posted:

Hey Kids, have you been struggling to get into Yugioh? Well fear not, because Yu-Gi-Oh Legacy of the Duelists is coming out on the PS4 and Xbox One!

https://www.facebook.com/yugiohduelgeneration/photos/a.1530245653893234.1073741832.1464760070441793/1637710009813464/?type=1&permPage=1

Enter the Duelist Simulator to take your place among the finest Duelists ever in Yu-Gi-Oh! Legacy of the Duelist! Players from around the world have been invited to take part in an elite Dueling program that simulates the best Duels across all of Yu-Gi-Oh! history. Replay actual events in the Yu-Gi-Oh! timeline, from the original Yu-Gi-Oh! series up to Yu-Gi-Oh! ZEXAL, featuring the storylines, characters, and Decks in a brand new Story Campaign. Duelists will also Duel against characters from the newest generation of the Yu-Gi-Oh! TV series, Yu-Gi-Oh! ARC-V, with even more Yu-Gi-Oh! ARC-V Duels to be added later as downloadable content.

With over 6,600 cards to play with, including new Pendulum Summon Monsters, Duelists can fight in hundreds of matches with over 90 characters, and even compete in new Battle Pack Sealed Deck and Draft play with other Duelists online.
Features:

The very first Yu-Gi-Oh! video game available for the PS4™ and Xbox One

PASS

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

Well if you want to play on iOS/Android you can pick up Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Generation. Which doesn't have Pendulum Zones.

If you have a PSP you can play Yu-Gi-Oh! Arc-V Tag Force Special with a translation patch which DOES have Pendulum Zones, but is otherwise on the PSP and PS Vita.

Although on the Duel Generation Appstore page it refers to it as "The Worlds Best Selling Trading Card Game"

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.konami.ygodgtest&hl=en

Is that... true? I would think Magic would beat it. Is it futzing the numbers in some way?

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

The problem with the video games is that they stop after a certain set and then move on. It's why I never play older Yugioh games.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

I think Magic has a much stronger base in America, while Yugioh is more spread out.
You can probably attribute that to the anime, whereas Magic didn't really have anything outside of video games and novels to market it, Yugioh went straight for the kids with the cartoon.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

Rigged Death Trap posted:

I think Magic has a much stronger base in America, while Yugioh is more spread out.
You can probably attribute that to the anime, whereas Magic didn't really have anything outside of video games and novels to market it, Yugioh went straight for the kids with the cartoon.

Ah I just checked, Magic is most played, but Yu-Gi-Oh is Best Selling. Probably yes, because of the kids demographic who buy the cards, don't actually play and then their collections rot in a draw somewhere.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Slur posted:

The problem with the video games is that they stop after a certain set and then move on. It's why I never play older Yugioh games.

I dunno, it can be nice to go back to that frozen moment in time once in a while. Never felt like heading back to a time before Xyz and playing WC 2011? Or hell, a time before Synchros in WC2006?

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer
Where's the VITA yugioh game :(

Also 100% getting legacy of the duelists just to subject my roommate to the stupid greatness

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Dabir posted:

I dunno, it can be nice to go back to that frozen moment in time once in a while. Never felt like heading back to a time before Xyz and playing WC 2011? Or hell, a time before Synchros in WC2006?

WC2006 was what got me back into the game after nearly a decade of not playing it. Good times :allears:

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

Dabir posted:

It's never nice to go back to a format unless it's goat control or HAT.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

After messing with the online stuff (DN/YGOPro/etc), I can't play any of the games anymore. It's such a drag having to grind for new cards.

EDIT: It would help if they all didn't start you with lovely decks.

Vandar fucked around with this message at 16:34 on Jul 31, 2015

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Slur posted:

It's never nice to go back to a format unless it's goat control or HAT.

Oh right, you're broken, now I remember.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Dexie posted:

After messing with the online stuff (DN/YGOPro/etc), I can't play any of the games anymore. It's such a drag having to grind for new cards.

EDIT: It would help if they all didn't start you with lovely decks.

Oh god yeah.
I was playing Tag Force 4/5 ( i dont remember) and they start you off with this terrible beast deck, jesus christ it had no consistency whatsoever.

and also the unicorn monsters.
gently caress me.

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

Rigged Death Trap posted:

Oh god yeah.
I was playing Tag Force 4/5 ( i dont remember) and they start you off with this terrible beast deck, jesus christ it had no consistency whatsoever.

and also the unicorn monsters.
gently caress me.

I remember one of the GBA games I opened a final countdown so I just played that and 1-for-1 removal until I got me some Cyber Dragons.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
The Yugioh games you gotta go back to are the gimmick ones like Forbidden Memories and Capsule Monsters.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
I like the RTS one, because I'm weird.

Lead By Example
Jul 17, 2009

I buy and resell Pokemon cards for a living. If you're ever looking to sell your childhood, please reach out!
Fallen Rib
Duelist of the Roses was actually a good game tbh

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

wheres the jester, I could do with some pointless nonsense right about now

zanmatto posted:

Duelist of the Roses was actually a good game tbh

It really was. I would always pick the zombie one, play Pumpkin King of Zombies and pump my monsters until they are far stronger than anything my opponent has and charge.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Beef Chief posted:

The Yugioh games you gotta go back to are the gimmick ones like Forbidden Memories and Capsule Monsters.

Forbidden Memories was poo poo.

Dungeon Dice Monsters on the GBA was actually pretty great though.

Mysticblade
Oct 22, 2012

Was Forbidden Memories worse than Reshef of Destruction? Reshef was a baaaaad game. In so many ways.

Dungeon Dice Monsters owned, even if it was really simple and it took forever to get all the cool L4 monsters. I also really liked the GX game on the GBA but it's awful to go back to. Very limited choice of enemies.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Forbidden Memories was the best non-WCS game.

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

I played whatever YCS game let you run 14-card Exodia.

Skull Servant
Oct 25, 2009

I played the poo poo out of Dungeon Dice monsters for the GBA. I wonder if it holds up now that I'm not 12.

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

Cabinet posted:

I played the poo poo out of Dungeon Dice monsters for the GBA. I wonder if it holds up now that I'm not 12.

Let's Play it and find out.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Forbidden Memories was a great game because you could normal summon 3000 atk point monsters for no cost and fuse out of your hand along with having one of the most hosed rulesets for that kind of play imaginebale. It was loving beautiful

Skull Servant
Oct 25, 2009

Slur posted:

Let's Play it and find out.

:effort:

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Beef Chief posted:

Forbidden Memories was a great game because you could normal summon 3000 atk point monsters for no cost and fuse out of your hand along with having one of the most hosed rulesets for that kind of play imaginebale. It was loving beautiful

Forbidden Memories was also trash because it had MMO level drop rates for the good cards and you had to grind your rear end off to get anything worth using.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Dexie posted:

Forbidden Memories was also trash because it had MMO level drop rates for the good cards and you had to grind your rear end off to get anything worth using.

This was back in PS1 times when grinding wasn't neccesarily a bad thing.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Dexie posted:

Look I'm not saying it's not a bad game just that I thought it was a really funny one

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Xoidanor posted:

Pretty sure it was always a bad thing, people were just more inclined to be morons about it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Xoidanor posted:

Yeah tell that to younger me when he got angry and threw his disc out a window when he found out he would have to do like a thousand duels just to even get a CHANCE at getting a Red-Eyes. :argh:

• Locked thread