Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Tae posted:

So despite the hub bub, I avoided most everything about mighty #9 until a speedrun was posted by the developers.

Christ, the guy talks more than the Sonic Boom crew put together. Will not shut up.

And to think that people were up an arms about the game going bad because of some lady community manager existing!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Genetic Toaster
Jun 5, 2011

It's me. I'm the person who loves Woolie's Solo ReBoot LP.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
NepNep is for sure 100% creepy anime bullshit but it's more on the side of 'oh Japan, you so wacky' than previous CAB which was 'oh, Japan...gently caress's wrong with you'. More NepNep.

DPM
Feb 23, 2015

TAKE ME HOME
I'LL CHECK YA BUM FOR GRUBS

Genetic Toaster posted:

It's me. I'm the person who loves Woolie's Solo ReBoot LP.

IT WAS ME, AUSTIN

I love this LP but god drat that looks like such an actively awful and annoying experience.

Genetic Toaster
Jun 5, 2011

DumbparameciuM posted:

I love this LP but god drat that looks like such an actively awful and annoying experience.

Did they actually take the engine from a skateboarding game or did they purposefully design it to be this awful? I'm amazed.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011

RareAcumen posted:

And to think that people were up an arms about the game going bad because of some lady community manager existing!
Yeah, they should have been worried about the budget apparently being pissed away.
I mean, Dragon's Crown took 1 million dollars to make and looks infinitely better visually than this 4 million dollar mess. Should have focused less on making a million ports too.
Shovel Knight had 315K and had a way tighter tutorial level and boss too.

HGH fucked around with this message at 07:55 on Jul 31, 2015

KaosMachina
Oct 9, 2012

There's nothing special about me.
I can't wait for them to talk about the new Caslevania game Konami's putting out!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Uk83ceNRo8

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Here's a far better Konami thing.

Now back to being sad ZoE is dead.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?
I really hope that they talk about the hot mess that is the Red Ash kickstarter on the podcast.

pulp rag
Feb 25, 2013

AGDQ 2018 Awful Block Survivor
Liam will somehow find a way to defend it.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

I'm actually the most interested in hearing what he has to say about it, since every time it's been brought up, he keeps saying "yeah, but it's going to get funded." Which...is technically true now, just not funded by kickstarter.

Genetic Toaster
Jun 5, 2011

It's the first kickstarter I've ever seen where people are cancelling their pledges en masse. It's back up to $485k now but it went from $490k down to $480k when they announced the FUZE deal.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

What happened with Red Ash?

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
What the gently caress is a Red Ash also.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

Andrast posted:

Short summary, Inafune started up another kickstarter for Not-Mega Man Legends but also started a separate kickstarter for an anime (So two at once).

It was going to fail its funding, but a chinese company Fuze came out of nowhere and became its publisher/funder, and this really made people confused because the kickstarter itself didn't really make itself clear on where the money's going.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Andrast posted:

A few days ago they announced that the game is already being funded by a company called FUZE, a company with an...interesting website, and announced that the kickstarter will now just be for stretch goals...that they haven't told us what they were yet.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
So you mean Inafune is very close to pulling a Tim Schafer (or worse), basically.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Dias posted:

So you mean Inafune is very close to pulling a Tim Schafer (or worse), basically.

A Tim Schafer is getting the funding, then splitting the game in half and asking for more money.

edit: Good news for DMC Fans, Capcom had a super profitable quarter and they specifically credited the DMC4 special edition as a major contributor.

Tae fucked around with this message at 18:00 on Jul 31, 2015

a retard
Jan 7, 2013

by Lowtax

RareAcumen posted:

People weren't pissed about the cm being a lady, they were pissed because apparently when she got the job she admitted she had never played a Mega Man game in her life which is odd for someone who's a cm for a game that's basically "not Mega Man". And even more people got pissed when the first screenshots were released and it looked like poo poo.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Who gives a poo poo.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

a retard posted:

People weren't pissed about the cm being a lady, they were pissed because apparently when she got the job she admitted she had never played a Mega Man game in her life which is odd for someone who's a cm for a game that's basically "not Mega Man". And even more people got pissed when the first screenshots were released and it looked like poo poo.

community manager, the most valuable of dev positions

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_JUCfX1P1ik

Capcapom, you must promise me one thing: The save room music. You do not TOUCH it.

Big Scary Owl
Oct 1, 2014

by Fluffdaddy

Hijo Del Helmsley posted:

Capcapom, you must promise me one thing: The save room music. You do not TOUCH it.

Whats going please explain is this what i think it is

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Big Scary Owl posted:

The director of the latest RE1 HD-remake had a meeting today with Capcom on RE2.

Kimmalah
Nov 14, 2005

Basically just a baby in a trenchcoat.

a retard posted:

I guess being pissed about the game looking bad is understandable, but being mad that a community manager never played Mega Man is still the dumbest thing I've heard all day.

Big Scary Owl posted:

Probably, Capcom was asking for fan opinions about doing a remake recently.

Kimmalah fucked around with this message at 21:54 on Jul 31, 2015

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Ooooh man, next week is going to be a hotbed on comcept. Mighty No. 9 delayed to 2016. This is all Liam's fault.

Charles Martel
Mar 7, 2007

"The Hero of the Age..."

The hero of all ages

Hijo Del Helmsley posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_JUCfX1P1ik

Or the Library music aka the best music in the game.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

a retard posted:

ah yes, of course only someone with deep knowledge of the Mega Man lore could know how to tell people to shut up when they're calling each other Hitler faggots, it all makes sense now

Genetic Toaster
Jun 5, 2011

Tae posted:

Ooooh man, next week is going to be a hotbed on comcept. Mighty No. 9 delayed to 2016. This is all Liam's fault.

This is turning into a distinctly Konami-esque shitstorm. :allears:

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
It's kind of the anti-konami if you think about it

everything konami did except for the name removal is just smart business, while this is Inafune's carefully constructed house of cards falling apart

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

Children STILL love me, dammit!

Goddamn it, disappointment all around. Roddy Piper just died. gently caress.

DPM
Feb 23, 2015

TAKE ME HOME
I'LL CHECK YA BUM FOR GRUBS

Commissar Ken posted:

Goddamn it, disappointment all around. Roddy Piper just died. gently caress.

poo poo, and here's me coming in the thread to wonder out loud if the Russlemania special guest is going to be Xavier Woods, and Hot Rod is dead? drat man.

:rip: HOT ROD :rip:

Big Scary Owl
Oct 1, 2014

by Fluffdaddy
I want to see if they'll talk more about Rising Thunder on the next podcast (if they played, what did they think, etc)

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Big Scary Owl posted:

I want to see if they'll talk more about Rising Thunder on the next podcast (if they played, what did they think, etc)

Or you could just watch their fisticuffs!

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Woolie please get better internets

Big Scary Owl
Oct 1, 2014

by Fluffdaddy

Tae posted:

Or you could just watch their fisticuffs!

HOLY poo poo I DIDN'T KNOW

maybeflan
May 15, 2014

Big Scary Owl posted:

HOLY poo poo I DIDN'T KNOW

To be fair it just came out an hour ago.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Edit: NVM

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Dias posted:

Woolie please get better internets

It's not him, also they're not getting rage-quits, the game is just disconnecting for everyone. Rage quits would get them rank points.

Also hilarious how Liam is being so pessimistic about an alpha considering his recent history defending games.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Tae posted:

It's not him, also they're not getting rage-quits, the game is just disconnecting for everyone. Rage quits would get them rank points.

Also hilarious how Liam is being so pessimistic about an alpha considering his recent history defending games.

It's not the "rage-quits" (I'm in the alpha), it's the random 300 ping spikes every match.