Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shockeh
Feb 24, 2009

Now be a dear and
fuck the fuck off.
He's the only one I haven't done; If it was doing the Riddles, I might have bothered, but doing all the Trophies too, and trekking all over the map to do it? Bleh.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CuwiKhons
Sep 24, 2009

Seven idiots and a bear walk into a dragon's lair.

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

Riddler is also the only villain aside from Joker who's able to get under Strange's skin. It's not really made clear whether or not Strange would've actually let him in on the Arkham City plan like he said he would in one of his interview tapes, though I rather doubt it.

I'm not sure Strange ever really needed to let him in on anything. For a guy everybody writes off as a side villain that Batman doesn't need to focus on, Eddie sure seems to get into interesting places. There's riddles and trophies in Panessa Movie Studios long before Scarecrow busts into it to take Robin. Eddie would have to be loving blind to place all of those and not see the big Bat-lab, even aside from the fact that there doesn't seem to be any other way to get into the studios besides the elevator. Was he the one who told Harley about the Jokerized people?

He even has a riddle involving scanning Barbara's hidden Batsuit in the clock tower. How did the gently caress did he know that was there? And don't tell me Jason told him - as far as I could tell, Jason only had her kidnapped at all because he wanted her out of the line of fire and only told Scarecrow because he sort of had to. And it's not like Scarecrow was communicating every detail of his plan to the other villains. I don't think he even communicated his Cloudburst plan to them - most of the villains are in ground-level buildings that won't protect them from fear gas. Only Eddie has an underground bunker.

CuwiKhons fucked around with this message at 14:02 on Jul 31, 2015

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

CuwiKhons posted:

Was he the one who told Harley about the Jokerized people?

That was Henry Adams in a spectacularly stupid plot twist.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Don't all these unsolved riddle and unfound trophies gnaw at your soul? Knowing that tasks remain uncompleted just drives you insane doesn't it?

Yes, Edward. Yes it does.

CuwiKhons
Sep 24, 2009

ayn rand hand job posted:

That was Henry Adams in a spectacularly stupid plot twist.

What? How? He was locked up until she broke in. How the gently caress

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

CuwiKhons posted:

What? How? He was locked up until she broke in. How the gently caress

It's one of the interview tapes

Presumably since Henry got the Joker's memories as well as his intellect and cunning, he seduced Harley, concluded that if something was happening to him, it was happening to others, and that Batman would try to cure him. He let himself get taken in by Batman to serve as a Trojan horse.

It's really loving stupid. Then again nothing about the Joker in this game really makes sense.

dscruffy1
Nov 22, 2007

Look out!
Nap Ghost
Ah yes, the Trojan Joker ploy. Of course.

I don't remember if the tapes were for Henry or Harley but either way he sets up the whole thing before he gets taken in for examination. Then when Robin is distracted he makes a phone call or something.

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer
There's now a Barbara mod up and it's pretty funny watching a riot of thugs run tail as she comes chugging towards them.

Mogomra
Nov 5, 2005

simply having a wonderful time

I feel like this is one of those things that CLEARLY gives you an unfair advantage. Especially with the online leader board stuff.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
Not a true Alfred mod unless they can add in doing chores at the Wayne household and solve all of Gotham's problems at the same time. But very good.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich

redbackground posted:

There's now a Barbara mod up and it's pretty funny watching a riot of thugs run tail as she comes chugging towards them.

Oh come on you can't say that and not give a link.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

poptart_fairy posted:

Oh come on you can't say that and not give a link.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CWcsgb2vyO8

I would assume that once the Batgirl DLC hits PC, you would be able to play that campaign looking like this if you wanted to, and you'd have the Batgirl gadgets to go with it.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich

redbackground posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CWcsgb2vyO8

I would assume that once the Batgirl DLC hits PC, you would be able to play that campaign looking like this if you wanted to, and you'd have the Batgirl gadgets to go with it.

Aww, I thought you meant she'd be in her wheelchair. :saddowns:

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

poptart_fairy posted:

Aww, I thought you meant she'd be in her wheelchair. :saddowns:

lol that would be pretty awesome.

Crappy Jack
Nov 21, 2005

We got some serious shit to discuss.

Replace the Batmobile with Batman riding on the back of Barbara's rocket-powered wheelchair.

Mogomra
Nov 5, 2005

simply having a wonderful time
I got this cool new error while playing last night.

Just knocked me back to my desktop after I pressed OK.

How the hell am I ever going to find all the Riddler trophies which this poo poo happening!?

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum
Well no wonder the PC version of AK was so bad, it's apparently still on the July 2012 build.

JetsGuy
Sep 17, 2003

science + hockey
=
LASER SKATES

oldpainless posted:

Don't all these unsolved riddle and unfound trophies gnaw at your soul? Knowing that tasks remain uncompleted just drives you insane doesn't it?

Yes, Edward. Yes it does.

The worst is that when you're done with everything else it's literally every 2 loving minutes he gets on the PA to mock you about other riddles/trophies/bombs you haven't gotten to yet.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum
So how likely is it that with Pyg referencing "Mother" that any future Bat game is not only going to involve Damian somehow as the Ghost of Batman/Bruce Wayne, but of course, a war against a Lazarus fresh Talia?

Crabtree fucked around with this message at 17:55 on Jul 31, 2015

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

Crabtree posted:

So how likely is it that with Pyg referencing "Mother" that any future Bat game is not only going to involve Damian somehow as the Ghost of Batman/Bruce Wayne, but of course, a war against a Lazarus fresh Talia?

I don't know how much you know about Pyg, but he has a...thing about his/a mother.

redbackground fucked around with this message at 18:19 on Jul 31, 2015

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Professor Pyg is awesome.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
I don't know what I just saw and read, but it'd probably be better for my sanity if I repressed it.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

I don't know what I just saw and read, but it'd probably be better for my sanity if I repressed it.

You and Damian both.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

So I'm at the point where I need to board the Stagg Airship, and I'm kind of hosed because the airship in question isn't actually rendering, and even if I land on the invisible airship and get inside it, the scripting's all hosed and nothing happens. I don't suppose anyone has any fixes?

dscruffy1
Nov 22, 2007

Look out!
Nap Ghost

redbackground posted:

You and Damian both.

I'm going to have to save this for when I LP Arkham Knight. It's too good.

CuwiKhons
Sep 24, 2009

oink

oinkety oinkety

oink

Pyg is such a profound character

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Drop it like it's hot, Pyg.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

Junior Jr.
Oct 4, 2014

by sebmojo
Buglord

That looks hilarious. Also is it me or did they model Alfred after Ralph Fiennes?

I hope there's a Gordon mod coming soon.

Junior Jr. fucked around with this message at 21:25 on Jul 31, 2015

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

There is a Gordon mod.

PoshAlligator
Jan 9, 2012

When SEO just isn't enough.

Hexenritter posted:

Apparently the key to getting that one to work is to mash the screenshot key while you have the airship tilted. Seriously. I had to.

I'm absolutely furious that this worked instantly.

Junior Jr.
Oct 4, 2014

by sebmojo
Buglord
Oh right, I didn't see that. I don't even know if there are any more characters to mesh or mod. Poison Ivy maybe, or maybe any of those TAS skins from Arkham City?

Forum Joe
Jun 8, 2001

Every day I'm shuffling!

Ask me about Tasmania!
Right, so I've 200%ed the game and got 67 out of 69 stars for the AR challenges but the David and Goliath challenge and the other Cobra Tank one can just go and gently caress themselves right off. I hate them with a passion, and after spending the last hour trying to three-star them, I give up.

Congratulations, Rocksteady, you've beaten me. I'm now a worthless shell of a man because I can't 100% your loving game. What the gently caress is a stealth tank battle anyway? You give me the shits, I'm going back to adventure games.

Terrible Horse
Apr 27, 2004
:I

Forum Joe posted:

Right, so I've 200%ed the game and got 67 out of 69 stars for the AR challenges but the David and Goliath challenge and the other Cobra Tank one can just go and gently caress themselves right off. I hate them with a passion, and after spending the last hour trying to three-star them, I give up.

Congratulations, Rocksteady, you've beaten me. I'm now a worthless shell of a man because I can't 100% your loving game. What the gently caress is a stealth tank battle anyway? You give me the shits, I'm going back to adventure games.

Lol. I feel like 100% is good enough. I got stuck in new game + in the subway fight with ninjas and 3+ brutes. I tried the fight like 10 times and just lost interest

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."
Anybody have that image of the guy getting his pelvis punched out in detective mode?

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

Pyg's one of the best new Batman villains in a decade, possibly longer.

Forum Joe
Jun 8, 2001

Every day I'm shuffling!

Ask me about Tasmania!

Forum Joe posted:

Nevermind, everyone. I did it. Just needed to use a distracting shot way more often (like even if a cobra is right in front of you but hasn't got a lock on yet)

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Just beat the game - not 100%, but resolved the main storyline.

God drat. I wasn't really high on this game when it was in development, but lovely PC port aside this was loving excellent. Plays as well as Batman ever has, and the plot takes the "Literally every goddamn villain out there piles on Bats at once and wears him down over one hellish night" framework to its furthest extreme in a way that worked really well. Loved what they did with Scarecrow as the main baddie as well, and all the Joker poo poo was fantastic as well.

BottledBodhisvata
Jul 26, 2013

by Lowtax
Just got the game, about to finish downloading the update file. I'm mad pumped to be the Bat once again.

EDIT: Bwhahaha, what is this, Riddler just decided to become a race track designer now? Not sure how this qualifies as a riddle but okay I'm down.

BottledBodhisvata fucked around with this message at 17:03 on Aug 2, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

BottledBodhisvata posted:

Just got the game, about to finish downloading the update file. I'm mad pumped to be the Bat once again.

EDIT: Bwhahaha, what is this, Riddler just decided to become a race track designer now? Not sure how this qualifies as a riddle but okay I'm down.

He's crazy

• Locked thread