Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
not an endorsement
Mar 14, 2008

Personally, I think it's problematic that a sitting Senator has a racial slur for a last name.

OMGVBFLOL posted:

hurrrerrrrr i dont understand how the oldest form of resistance exercise is even possible

true ancient gains are free weight

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005
please, work your rotator cuffs, goons. It's not glamorous but you will thank me later.

The Saurus
Dec 3, 2006

by Smythe
the oldest form of resistance exercise is probably trying to stab your lovely spear made out of a stick and some flint into a creature hard enough to kill it

Poetic Justice posted:

please, work your rotator cuffs, goons. It's not glamorous but you will thank me later.

On it.

The Saurus fucked around with this message at 05:09 on Jul 31, 2015

not an endorsement
Mar 14, 2008

Personally, I think it's problematic that a sitting Senator has a racial slur for a last name.

people talking about paleo and living like a cavemen for sick gains but cavemen were probably skinny lean dudes doing cardio all the time and starving lots

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

It's prob sucking cock n balls

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

In fact Poetic Justice I think I good suck n stroke would work that rotator cuff real good

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Feminition posted:

people talking about paleo and living like a cavemen for sick gains but cavemen were probably skinny lean dudes doing cardio all the time and starving lots

Also it works off the idea that their diet was the most nutritionally sound and healthy while they were getting owned my malnourishment

The Saurus
Dec 3, 2006

by Smythe
I'm pretty sure that cavemen had a more varied/better diet than most people did once we started on widescale agriculture.

of course the paleo diet has nothing in common with what actual cavemen ate anyway, so that's retarded.

Does anyone remember the goon who lived in a tent in alaska and forced his wife to eat rotten meat?

somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005

JebanyPedal posted:

Also it works off the idea that their diet was the most nutritionally sound and healthy while they were getting owned my malnourishment

malnourishment and legionnaires disease because they were hardcore athletic soldierrs

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

The Saurus posted:

I'm pretty sure that cavemen had a more varied/better diet than most people did once we started on widescale agriculture.

of course the paleo diet has nothing in common with what actual cavemen ate anyway, so that's retarded.

Does anyone remember the goon who lived in a tent in alaska and forced his wife to eat rotten meat?

U should always make people eat rotten flesh

limeincoke
Jul 3, 2005

Heroes of the Storm
Goon Tournament Champion
I like how the old thread had dropped down to like 5 posts a day. All it took was The Man trying to be a fuckwit and deny us our SWOLENATION to get this thread back to hundreds of posts aday.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

The SWOLE thread getting owned by noobz2nhomOZ made us realize how precious it was

somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005

limeincoke posted:

I like how the old thread had dropped down to like 5 posts a day. All it took was The Man trying to be a fuckwit and deny us our SWOLENATION to get this thread back to hundreds of posts aday.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CmXWkMlKFkI

Helios Grime
Jan 27, 2012

Where we are going we won't need shirts
Pillbug
#SWOLEpride

Please share the message.

Gasbraai
Oct 25, 2010

Lictor my Dictor
Is there any protein supplements made out of ground up mealworms and crickets? I want to get those sweet lizard gainz, if they can regrow their tails eating insects, I can grow some bis.

somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005

Lunixnerd posted:

Is there any protein supplements made out of ground up mealworms and crickets? I want to get those sweet lizard gainz, if they can regrow their tails eating insects, I can grow some bis.

yeh fat chicks

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x67jtMPfdTw

monny
Oct 20, 2008

dollar dollar bill, y'all
eat bugs like a animal

My Q-Face
Jul 8, 2002

A dumb racist who need to kill themselves

Jesus, there are some old fucks in this thread.

:rock:

Helios Grime
Jan 27, 2012

Where we are going we won't need shirts
Pillbug

lol

Calling it a protein bar with only 10g of protein and containing 300calories.

Pesmerga
Aug 1, 2005

So nice to eat you
Yesterday I ate bad stuff like pizza but tonight I'm gonna go lift heavy things, have a sauna and then eat steak. :black101:

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy
If a steak is good, then so is pizza.

Gasbraai
Oct 25, 2010

Lictor my Dictor

notZaar posted:

If a steak is good, then so is pizza.

Pizza is mostly carbs which dont build muscle, you need protein brah, you can suck it directly from the spigot :wink:

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Lipstick Apathy
How much protein do you really need? Muscle building seems to be a fairly slow process. Carbs on the other hand fuel the biological fire of life, they are amazing.

END OF AN ERROR
May 16, 2003

IT'S LEGO, not Legos. Heh

Protein is over rated.

Steroids are not.

Gasbraai
Oct 25, 2010

Lictor my Dictor

Tiny Lowtax posted:

Protein is over rated.

Steroids are not.

Still not over the ball-shrinkage stuff though, I like my beefy danglers.

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Lipstick Apathy
I had a Zeus Gyro the other day, carbs and veggies and meat and fat. Everybody wins.

BoonyPC
Feb 19, 2007

Bleeding shins bro :cool:

CuteJen96
Feb 23, 2015

by zen death robot

(and can't post for 3 years!)

i really like the leg press.

someone was like, "that's so bad for your body"

so i called them a nerd and added more weight.

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010

You see him tear open his shins during the left. drat.

Gasbraai
Oct 25, 2010

Lictor my Dictor

bamhand posted:

Are tetanus shots a feature of powerlifting / strongman events?

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Lipstick Apathy

bamhand posted:

Looks to me like he's just smearing the blood that was already on his shins.

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010

notZaar posted:

Looks to me like he's just smearing the blood that was already on his shins.

Seems like a lot of blood to smear, the stuff on the lower part is kind of dry already.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
His blood is 70% steroids and his wound will heal in a few hours so it doesnt matter

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*

Zzulu posted:

His blood is 70% steroids and his wound will heal in a few hours so it doesnt matter

boji
Sep 6, 2003
Monkey hate clean.

notZaar posted:

Carbs on the other hand fuel the biological fire of life, they are amazing.

They're certainly one kind of fuel. But they also make a lot of people fat, ruin their TG/HDL, and can lead to metabolic syndrome.

But, it has been shown a shot of carbs can help just before/after intense non-endurance athletic activity. So situationally amazing?

turbomoose
Nov 29, 2008
Playing the banjo can be a relaxing activity and create lifelong friendships!
\
:backtowork:

boji posted:

But, it has been shown a shot can help just before/after intense non-endurance athletic activity.

soy
Jul 7, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
This guy is doing quick squats halfway down [to parallel] with 135lb and a pussy pad. Wtf?

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

soy posted:

This guy is doing quick squats halfway down [to parallel] with 135lb and a pussy pad. Wtf?

i see that a lot, i can only assume that their knees are made of plate glass and cant handle a dip down to parallel

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Lipstick Apathy
Why you gotta be judgemental? Leave your ego at the door.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CuteJen96
Feb 23, 2015

by zen death robot

(and can't post for 3 years!)

for those of us who are new what is a pussy pad

• Locked thread