Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TehKeen
May 24, 2006

Maybe she's born with it.
Maybe it's
cosmoline.

Another idea: give planes limited fuel so they have to either pick more dangerous routes and get more loiter time to line up a good shot or to go a safe route and be force to either drop the first chance they get or turn back?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

You're going to try ponies and you're. Going. To. LOVE. ME!!

Insert name here posted:

they actually did this during the final CBT patch and it sucked rear end to play with

Good.

Sneaky Kettle
Jul 4, 2010

Insert name here posted:

I brought this up the last time someone suggested this, but they actually did this during the final CBT patch and it sucked rear end to play with. I honestly think that a better solution to prevent bombers just circling you from 1-1.5km out until they get a good shot on you would be to buff the damage on all the close-range AA guns so the CV player has to either circle from further away and give you more time or eat the losses to their bomber squadrons.

Ah, figures the obvious solution would be one they tried already. In lieu of that, yeah. Next best thing. Amp up AA a bit, amp up AA XP to encourage people to actually interdict planes on purpose instead of by accident.

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.
:ohdear:
Yeah regardless of what happens they really need to up the rewards for shooting down planes. Especially since they really want to push US CVs as being fighter/DB dominant loadouts. No I'm definitely not bitter about what they've done to my US CVs or anything WHY DO YOU ASK

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

Aww man. Knife fighting two destroyers. Killed one, nearly kill the other, and then I turn the corner into a Kuma. :(

Hazdoc
Nov 8, 2012

Muscovy Ducks are a large tropical breed, famous for their lean and extremely flavorful meat.

Hazduck!

~SMcD

yaay posted:

what's that minekaze? My cruisers and destroyers are dead or on the other side of the map and It's midgame? I need to be able to potentially dodge a spread of torps worth 45k of torpedoes every thirty seconds literally at all times? Mid tier jap DDs are probably the only lower skill-floor thing than carriers in the game, and one single spread hitting is enough to earn their keep in a game. Torps either need a longer cooldown, to be spotted sooner, or to be consumable.

Naw, just dodge the torps that need to be shot at 20+ seconds away. If for some reason you were going on a straight line course for that long, well, I dunno, eat torps I guess? Torpedoes require prediction, and torpedoes shot at the grey targeting zone are incredibly easy to dodge if they're being shot from 6.5-7km+. Simply boating directly towards or directly away from the DD nullifies a large amount of the potential for torps to hit you. Moving away from a DD means that when torps are spotted, they take longer to overtake you, giving you more time to maneuver and avoid the torps.

Washout
Jun 27, 2003

"Your toy soldiers are not pigmented to my scrupulous standards. As a result, you are not worthy of my time. Good day sir"

Panfilo posted:

I've been playing for about 32 days now, and have the Ranger. How long will it take to get Midway if I'm playing approximately 15 hours a week? I saw in the stat study there were only 5 players in NA that have it?

Edit: I have premium.

With premium it's pretty easy to get 600xp a match, so a match every 15 minutes on the outside puts you at 2400xp an hour, which is probably low, so call it 3500xp an hour if you play really well.

What I would do in world of tanks with all it's different lines though was play like 5 lines at once, then I'd mostly just do doubles on the ones I was grinding and then a bunch of other doubles on my favorite tanks for the free xp too. That combined with the triples and x5 events they do sometimes means you don't grind as much and make more xp per hour, even though it takes a lot longer to get to tier 10.

You can't really worry about getting to tier 10 in these games though, because what are you going to do at 10?? People generally don't play the tier 10's in pub games all that much, the most fun in the game is when you are just casually playing your tier 7-9 stuff.

Washout fucked around with this message at 06:31 on Jul 31, 2015

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

ranbo das posted:

Only carrier in the game as an independence, this will be easy points, right? Well apparently it takes about 7 or so seconds for a pensacola to melt all of your planes. So I launched my second squad and did a run on a colorado who was totally unsupported. Two bombers survived long enough to drop before they died meaning now I'm totally useless. gently caress US carriers.

James Garfield posted:

The US carriers are shockingly bad, at least until tier 8 or 9. It's probably not worth playing them right now.
The air superiority gimmick isn't good for much, because you're bringing a ship that can't damage enemies in the hope that (a) the enemy team will bring an attack loadout carrier and (b) you'll shoot down that carrier's planes so effectively that it does no more damage than your single bomber squadron.
Even if all that works out, the US carrier's team has to win the game with minimal help from the carrier.

I hate to break up your "US CVs are terrible, IJN CVs are great" tangent, but this is a terrible example. Tier 7 US cruisers and upgraded Colorados(stock ones have virtually no AA) melt tier 6 CV squads as well. IJN carriers actually have it worse, as their squads are smaller - my first two games in the Ryujo were bottom tier in matches filled with Pensacolas and Atlantas, and let's just say that not much got done. Hell, my attack run against a Colorado didn't even get a single torpedo in the water, as they ALL got shot down on the way in. For all the whining about carriers, you may notice a bunch of it is about CVs of a higher tier than them. Once you get out of the low AA tiers, CVs that end up on the low tier end of the match tend to have trouble contributing. Your only real option is to get very familiar with the AA values of various ships so you know what you can actually go after, along with watching where all the cruisers are. If they're well spread out, well, hope you don't mind milling around hoping your team can knock holes in said screen.

Oh, and God help you if there's a tier 7+ CV on the other side and you're tier 6 or less. The jump in power between those two tiers is obscene. Planes of all stripes tend to get ~20 knot speed boost, and fighters triple, or nearly triple(IJN/US), how much damage they do.

Washout
Jun 27, 2003

"Your toy soldiers are not pigmented to my scrupulous standards. As a result, you are not worthy of my time. Good day sir"

boxen posted:

The St. Louis is the Churchill III of WoWS.

Truth.

Sneaky Kettle
Jul 4, 2010

Lord Koth posted:

I hate to break up your "US CVs are terrible, IJN CVs are great" tangent, but this is a terrible example. Tier 7 US cruisers and upgraded Colorados(stock ones have virtually no AA) melt tier 6 CV squads as well. IJN carriers actually have it worse, as their squads are smaller - my first two games in the Ryujo were bottom tier in matches filled with Pensacolas and Atlantas, and let's just say that not much got done. Hell, my attack run against a Colorado didn't even get a single torpedo in the water, as they ALL got shot down on the way in. For all the whining about carriers, you may notice a bunch of it is about CVs of a higher tier than them. Once you get out of the low AA tiers, CVs that end up on the low tier end of the match tend to have trouble contributing. Your only real option is to get very familiar with the AA values of various ships so you know what you can actually go after, along with watching where all the cruisers are. If they're well spread out, well, hope you don't mind milling around hoping your team can knock holes in said screen.

Oh, and God help you if there's a tier 7+ CV on the other side and you're tier 6 or less. The jump in power between those two tiers is obscene. Planes of all stripes tend to get ~20 knot speed boost, and fighters triple, or nearly triple(IJN/US), how much damage they do.

Yep. One match, in my Bogue, I got paired with an independence, with whatever the tier 7 Japanese carrier on the other side. We may have had the advantage in fighters, but he still was trashing us left right and centre. We barely won. Our two fighter squads banded together, with friendly AA support, were basically trading two for one with his fighters. It was nuts. If you get stuck in a match with a higher tier carrier without higher tier ships of your own, you're in some serious trouble.

I think they should enforce the tiering of the carriers a little more strictly. A lot of negative experiences happen when a tier 7 or, god forbid, a tier 8 carrier shows up in a match predominantly filled with 5s and 6s.

Edit:

boxen posted:

The St. Louis is the Churchill III of WoWS.

Some idiot in a Wyoming was giving me poo poo today about driving my St. Louis. I was remarking how I'd landed fourteen hits on a Furutaka while scoring zero damage, which I thought was kind of a bummer, and he was like, "Shoot AP. Always shoot AP in a BB, get a South Carolina, you'll see." And I was like, "Dude, I've got a New York and a Kongo, I know how AP works, this was just a weird edge case." And he was instantly indignant, all like, "Why would you ever drive a St Louis? I don't understand, why would you have that if you've got all those other ships" and I was like, "this ship is fun to drive and it's amazing" and he just didn't get it. Pubbies. Why would I ever keep a ship when I've got something better? Because it's loving awesome, you knobgobbler. Finished the round by ramming a half-health Kongo, second last guy on the team. Fourth on the leaderboard. :black101:

Sneaky Kettle fucked around with this message at 06:48 on Jul 31, 2015

OSad
Feb 29, 2012
I still wonder why carrier players even play carriers, when the carrier players themselves complain about carrier balance and about how the system fucks them over every match. If it's not the same-tier AA, then it's a higher-tier carrier shredding them.

I mean, they're absolutely right in every way, but this just doesn't seem especially rewarding or fun in any way right now. It's like a ladder of pain that masochists climb to every once in a blue moon get a chance to be the sadists instead. There's like, no in-between, you're either the top god or you're irrelevant.

OSad fucked around with this message at 06:48 on Jul 31, 2015

James Garfield
May 5, 2012
Am I a manipulative abuser in real life, or do I just roleplay one on the Internet for fun? You decide!

Lord Koth posted:

The thing is, outtiered bombers are still more useful than outtiered fighters. "Outtiered carriers are awful" and "US carriers below tier 9 are awful" are two things that don't contradict.
You shouldn't dump the US carriers because the Japanese carriers are perfectly viable against higher tier carriers, you should dump the US carriers because the US carriers are awful.

Japanese carriers are coincidentally also overpowered, but US carriers would still be bad even if they weren't.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

OSad posted:

I still wonder why carrier players even play carriers, when the carrier players themselves complain about carrier balance and about how the system fucks them over every match. If it's not the same-tier AA, then it's a higher-tier carrier shredding them.

I mean, they're absolutely right in every way, but this just doesn't seem especially rewarding or fun in any way right now. It's like a ladder of pain that masochists climb to every once in a blue moon get a chance to be the sadists instead. There's like, no in-between, you're either the top god or you're irrelevant.

That's really the entire problem with the Carrier system. A lot of the Carrier game is just random rolls either direction, whether the roll is with the Matchmaker or seeing if your AA will stop the bombers, etc. If I'm uptiered in my Wyoming, and I play well, I can core the poo poo out of an Atlanta or Pensecola. If I'm uptiered in a Langley and they have a Hiryu (or, you know, a bunch of Clevelands), I'm hosed. There's much less room for operator ability to make up for lumpy MM.

Sneaky Kettle
Jul 4, 2010

OSad posted:

I play them after I've played, like, ten or fifteen rounds with all my other ships. They're the 'eh, okay, I'm just gonna sit back and click things and maybe they'll die sometimes' kind of a deal. I don't have to worry about positioning or maneuvering, I just go up the lines whenever I feel like it, which isn't often. Maybe they'll fix carriers and they'll be more fun, so I dump some token effort into it on the off chance they'll suddenly be good. I tend to hedge my bets that way. Ask me about my vaporware Star Citizen pledge.

cheese
Jan 7, 2004

Shop around for doctors! Always fucking shop for doctors. Doctors are stupid assholes. And they get by because people are cowed by their mystical bullshit quality of being able to maintain a 3.0 GPA at some Guatemalan medical college for 3 semesters. Find one that makes sense.

Night10194 posted:

That's really the entire problem with the Carrier system. A lot of the Carrier game is just random rolls either direction, whether the roll is with the Matchmaker or seeing if your AA will stop the bombers, etc. If I'm uptiered in my Wyoming, and I play well, I can core the poo poo out of an Atlanta or Pensecola. If I'm uptiered in a Langley and they have a Hiryu (or, you know, a bunch of Clevelands), I'm hosed. There's much less room for operator ability to make up for lumpy MM.
This is the huge flaw with planes and AA. It all seems to be hitpoints and dps based, such that you will barely damage planes who are from a carrier that is a higher tier than you, but absolutely poo poo on planes from lower tier carriers. Contrast this with ships gameplay, where tier levels within a range don't really matter - my tier 8 Atago still has to fear a tier 6 Cleveland and I can put the hurt on a tier X ship if done right.

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.
:ohdear:

cheese posted:

This is the huge flaw with planes and AA. It all seems to be hitpoints and dps based, such that you will barely damage planes who are from a carrier that is a higher tier than you, but absolutely poo poo on planes from lower tier carriers. Contrast this with ships gameplay, where tier levels within a range don't really matter - my tier 8 Atago still has to fear a tier 6 Cleveland and I can put the hurt on a tier X ship if done right.
This is something that people never seem to bring up about plane balance, but is very true. People talk about how fighting up tier in a CV sucks because the other side has way better planes than you, but it applies to AA as well. Just another reason why Wargaming should rebalance plane tiering so it's better for everyone (lol like they'd ever do that).

OSad posted:

I quite enjoy CVs as a break from regular ship play and vice versa, and I do want to get my Lexington back at some point (and get an Essex). Though maybe I'm not the person to give you the answer you're looking for, since I've been too :effort: to get past the Langley again and have been holding out for US CV changes so my three plane squadron choices aren't "Gimped on every second CV/Unable to meaningfully hurt other ships/Like an IJN CV but worse". It gets better at tier 8 and you're basically back to old CBT squadron loadout at tier 9 but ugh everything before that.

I've mentioned in this thread earlier that I really miss when every carrier took the multirole layout because it was the best one, and I still think that the dynamic of every CV getting both fighters and TBs was way more interesting and fun than the current "everyone just has bombers and maybe you'll see a fighter at some point".

Hazdoc
Nov 8, 2012

Muscovy Ducks are a large tropical breed, famous for their lean and extremely flavorful meat.

Hazduck!

~SMcD
An easy way to balance CVs is uhh delete them :smugdog:

Why cruisers keep showing me their broadsides, I'll never know. Best part of the match is a Nicholas shooting at me from concealment, missing completely, getting his rear end whooped by me, and then promptly sailing into a minekaze torpedo (not even aimed for him) and ending up first kill of the game. Classic.

Hazdoc fucked around with this message at 07:44 on Jul 31, 2015

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

I got killed by a pubby doing something legitimately clever I didn't expect today. I'm sailing ahead of the BBs in my Omaha, looking for DDs, and I see a pair of wide-spread Minekaze torps incoming. I think 'Eh, inexperienced driver' and turn into them to go through the gap, only to suddenly find them followed up by two short spreads that I can no longer turn enough to avoid hitting at least two of 'em. I'll have to remember that for my own IJN DDs.

Krogort
Oct 27, 2013
How viable could it be to grind destroyers by yolo-rushing the ennemy team and trying to torp the first big boat you encounter then surely die from the focused fire ?
If you can get someone to sink along with you it should be pretty good XP per hour played.

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

Krogort posted:

How viable could it be to grind destroyers by yolo-rushing the ennemy team and trying to torp the first big boat you encounter then surely die from the focused fire ?
If you can get someone to sink along with you it should be pretty good XP per hour played.

You'd probably die before you made it to certain torpedo range.

OSad
Feb 29, 2012

Krogort posted:

Nope. Even assuming you always manage to take one person with you before you die Kitakami-style, you have no control over how long the rounds last. And if you can't control that, you might as well play them fully to get more experience from them, and you can probably always get a better result if you try instead of suicide rushing.

Plus destroyers are so vital at the end of the game: they can chase down carriers, force out draws, keep enemies spotted, capture far-away points or the enemy base with their high mobility... oh my. And doing a combination of those things will always lead to more experience than doing the Kitakami.

Please don't suicide-rush in your destroyers.

Hazdoc
Nov 8, 2012

Hazduck!

~SMcD

Krogort posted:

A tactic like this typically doesn't work on open water, you'll need cover to ambush a ship already sailing broadside or at an angle that makes it hard for them to avoid you. In a full rush at open water, all they simply have to do is turn away from you when you're detected at 6-7km. You'll either then only hit with 1-2 torps at best, or you'll be forced to wait, and get closer for a point blank run. Then you die, because you're in a loving DD in the middle of the enemy team, and if you somehow live long enough to get to point blank you find out all your torpedo tubes got critically damaged and you've got not recourse left but to ram them for pitiful damage.

Open water rushes only work on lone BBs, a CA you're willing to gun battle with (US DD exclusive strategy), or CVs. Or, well, DDs, but you're always able to fight enemy DDs... so long as they're not supported by other ships.

James Garfield
May 5, 2012
Am I a manipulative abuser in real life, or do I just roleplay one on the Internet for fun? You decide!
Anyway credits will be more of a bottleneck than experience in the end. And (as of now) the higher tier destroyers aren't really worth quixperiencing, that strategy would be better suited to a Furutaka or tier<8 US battleship.

Plasmafountain
Jun 17, 2008

Picked this up in the last couple of days and I've got a couple of questions:

1) how the christ are you supposed to use the Tenryu/ tier 4 US cruiser? If I try and rush headlong, I get chewed up and the long thin hull makes a really good torp target. If I try and hang back, I get either pounded to slag or outranged, or both by bigger ships.

2) Are US torps really that bad in comparison to japanese? I feel like I should be advancing the jap DD line instead of US. Is that right?

Vivick
Feb 24, 2007

I've made it up to the Wyoming and Myogi, and while the Wyoming is obviously the better boat of these two I'm not sure which line I should continue with. Which one do you guys think is more fun/well rounded?

Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

Vivick posted:

I've made it up to the Wyoming and Myogi, and while the Wyoming is obviously the better boat of these two I'm not sure which line I should continue with. Which one do you guys think is more fun/well rounded?

Both BBs line are actually pretty similar. The US lines has the colorado which is a dent in the fun but in the end it comes down to which boats you think are cooler.

Ratzap
Jun 9, 2012

Let no pie go wasted
Soiled Meat

Zero Gravitas posted:

Picked this up in the last couple of days and I've got a couple of questions:

1) how the christ are you supposed to use the Tenryu/ tier 4 US cruiser? If I try and rush headlong, I get chewed up and the long thin hull makes a really good torp target. If I try and hang back, I get either pounded to slag or outranged, or both by bigger ships.

2) Are US torps really that bad in comparison to japanese? I feel like I should be advancing the jap DD line instead of US. Is that right?

1) keep moving and pick targets of opportunity. Support the BBs (ie let them get shot at), use islands to ambush ships that aren't paying attention. The Tenryu has good torps/bad guns, the pheonix has bad torps/good guns (very roughly put).

2) In a nutshell yes. US DDs have decent guns, IJN have decent torps. Personally I much prefer the IJN DDs because if I'm firing guns I'm more visible anyway so the side that favours sneaking around torping people fits better.

Vivick posted:

Personally I find the US BBs better. They are slower, more AA, turn better (up to tier 5 where I've gotten to anyway). The myogi is simply horrible and the kongo isn't exactly jumping out at me either. The Wyoming was ok and I'm enjoying the NY.

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬
Improving credit gain on shooting down planes would help tremendously. People would be more dedicated to protecting BBs if they knew there'd be a lot of money in it. Long term, credits are more valuable than experience. I'd love to use my fighter spec carrier to farm credits.

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬
Recently discovered that dive bombers drop bombs in a fixed pattern. This explains why 1 or 2 only seem to hit most of the time. Apparently by approaching the enemy at a 30 degree angle allows more bombs to hit. I've tested it, and I do seem to have more 3 or 4 hit runs vs 1 or 2.

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
First match in the North Carolina, amazingly fun match where I followed cruisers on my team and focused on whoever they focused on (only got to unload maybe one battery each ship before it was taken down).

Match was still brutal, in that everyone but me and another battleship on the enemy team were left alive at the end and I was chasing them around the island in their capture zone.

Ended up dying from full health because of magazine detonation, they survived with a sliver of health and the enemy team won (my first battery set a bunch of poo poo on fire and their first shots missed me, but they reloaded faster than I did and took me out).

All in all, it was pretty fun other than being slow as hell to do anything.

rossmum
Dec 2, 2008

Cummander ross, reporting for duty!

:gooncamp:
North. Pubbie Colorado goes to one corner all alone, I'm nearest in my Atago and try gently caress with the ungodly swarm of bombers as they pass but there's really nothing I can do. He eats poo poo, but somehow survives, and commences whining about carriers, then begins personally insulting the player who nuked him, then begins playing victim claiming the carrier "trolled" him and he was just defending himself. All the while, he's slowly floating out broadside in front of an NC and another Colorado - with his guns pointed ahead. I figured he was so busy typing he hadn't noticed them, and pointed this out. Nope! He took a shot at one of the two carriers and knocked 7k off of it before promtly exploding under the weight of something like a dozen 16" shells. He then turns on me after I state that he did go off alone, and begins claiming I am in cahoots with the carrier and we should "get a room". I have never seen someone so livid in this game. Not like sweary livid, just absolutely loving furious in all the aspergian glory you can imagine.

I didn't get every line, but you get the gist:

Let's see just how "not seriously" he takes "internet trolls".

It was here I decided to involve myself.

Here's what the postgame XP looked like! Note how my XP stacks up compared to his, and then consider that I did play a legitimately poor game. Yeah.

He then accuses both myself and the other guy of initiating the shitfest in chat by "trolling" him:

Well, if he insists...

He then said something stupid at me after I called him "demonstrably poo poo", using "you're" in place of the possessive "your". I've never been one to miss a chance to call someone illiterate and provide an appropriate example.

And the piece de resistance. Note his average damage and XP in Colorado, and then the number of matches. Compare this to basically any ship I own at any tier. I know the thing is bad but good lord man.

:allears:

rossmum fucked around with this message at 17:07 on Jul 31, 2015

ranbo das
Oct 16, 2013

Looks like we get the Albany (T2 US cruiser) and a free port slot for WG's anniversary. Code to redeem it is (you guessed it) ALBANY. Really it's more like 375k silver and a post slot though because it's a terrible ship.

xthetenth
Dec 30, 2012

Mario wasn't sure if this Jeb guy was a good influence on Yoshi.

ranbo das posted:

Looks like we get the Albany (T2 US cruiser) and a free port slot for WG's anniversary. Code to redeem it is (you guessed it) ALBANY. Really it's more like 375k silver and a post slot though because it's a terrible ship.

It's the loving worst. It is nice to have a great white fleet paint scheme in the harbor though.

Plasmafountain
Jun 17, 2008

ranbo das posted:

How do you redeem the code? At the very least itll pay for a bunch of ship upgrades.

Really liking the Kuma - pretty good guns, really quite survivable if you tear around at 33knts all the time and twin torp launchers on either side are a nasty surprise for anyone that gets too close.

Pharnakes
Aug 14, 2009

ranbo das posted:

Haha, EU server gets 2x instead of 1.5x for 3 days. :saddowns:

ranbo das
Oct 16, 2013

Zero Gravitas posted:

How do you redeem the code? At the very least itll pay for a bunch of ship upgrades.

Really liking the Kuma - pretty good guns, really quite survivable if you tear around at 33knts all the time and twin torp launchers on either side are a nasty surprise for anyone that gets too close.

https://na.wargaming.net/shop/bonus/

Pharnakes posted:

Haha, EU server gets 2x instead of 1.5x for 3 days. :saddowns:

Also works on EU and SEA from what I've heard

Michi88
Sep 15, 2012

Still a Pubbie Magnet
How does it work!?
:livintrope:
Starting strong today, I always seem to do better when i just charge in guns blazing rather then trying to do well...

Michi88 fucked around with this message at 19:22 on Jul 31, 2015

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

If I sell the Albany, do I keep the extra slot?

sauer kraut
Oct 2, 2004
ALBANY did something on my EU account, not that I'd actually play the game and check.
The grind is ridiculous, not playing the sexually confused Phoenix/Omaha ships for another 100 matches to get to a real ship.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cock hero flux
Apr 17, 2011

sauer kraut posted:

ALBANY did something on my EU account, not that I'd actually play the game and check.
The grind is ridiculous, not playing the sexually confused Phoenix/Omaha ships for another 100 matches to get to a real ship.

The Phoenix is a good ship and you have been spoiled by the St. Louis being a better battleship than the T3 battleships.