Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lunar Suite
Jun 5, 2011

If you love a flower which happens to be on a star, it is sweet at night to gaze at the sky. All the stars are a riot of flowers.
Where's my gay option, GUST. What if I wanna romance a seven-dimensional lumberjack who pipes out CLASS::DEATHMETAL.

Where are the gayvateils.

Lunar Suite fucked around with this message at 21:41 on Jul 28, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feinne
Oct 9, 2007

When you fall, get right back up again.

Lunar Suite posted:

Where's my gay option, GUST. What if I wanna romance a seven-dimensional lumberjack who pipes out CLASS::DEATHMETAL.

Where are the gayvateils.

We've established this they were an ending option in AT2.

It'll be interesting to see what might be coming for the Nosurge series, since things work differently here than they did in the AT series.

Basically the various artificial human bits that separated Reyvateils from regular people weren't compatible with male biology (and I'm pretty sure this was on purpose in-universe). Here where we are they do Song Magic a bit differently and nothing actually precludes for example a male singer.

Feinne fucked around with this message at 21:21 on Jul 28, 2015

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

On one hand the whole :japan: nature of playing an entire game where you're essentially dating/courting/romancing/marrying your fictional cute amnesiac anime girlfriend and then extending that relationship to the next game seems creepy and unsettling, especially if you never really experienced the game yourself. On the other hand I like the Ion/Earthes story because it does pretty interesting things in exploring the nature of player agency in these type of games, despite the technical limitations. Being forced to brute force your way through a quiz with questions you can't possibly know the answers to and then immediately getting called out for doing so is very neat, but that may just be me.

Lunar Suite
Jun 5, 2011

If you love a flower which happens to be on a star, it is sweet at night to gaze at the sky. All the stars are a riot of flowers.

Feinne posted:

We've established this they were an ending option in AT2.

It'll be interesting to see what might be coming for the Nosurge series, since things work differently here than they did in the AT series.

Basically the various artificial human bits that separated Reyvateils from regular people weren't compatible with male biology (and I'm pretty sure this was on purpose in-universe). Here where we are they do Song Magic a bit differently and nothing actually precludes for example a male singer.

Well, Aoto is technically a male Reyvateil, just that if he ever tries to craft a Song, the SH server won't recognize him properly and write garbage all over his cosmosphere. Thanks, Archia!

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

Lunar Suite posted:

Well, Aoto is technically a male Reyvateil, just that if he ever tries to craft a Song, the SH server won't recognize him properly and write garbage all over his cosmosphere. Thanks, Archia!

You know for such a complex and advanced system the towers seems to lack very basic data integrity features like proper verification procedures (to prevent, say, spoofing your own hymn code to impersonate someone else, which happened at least twice in this series from my recollection) or even basic Memory Protection.

Does the Ar Tonelico system even have anything resembling a segfault? :v:

Lunar Suite
Jun 5, 2011

Super Jay Mann posted:

You know for such a complex and advanced system the towers seems to lack very basic data integrity features like proper verification procedures (to prevent, say, spoofing your own hymn code to impersonate someone else, which happened at least twice in this series from my recollection) or even basic Memory Protection.

Does the Ar Tonelico system even have anything resembling a segfault? :v:

We don't even have a proper task manager; the closest we have is EXEC_PURGER, which is wonky at best.

Feinne
Oct 9, 2007

As I recall in AT2 Mir does express the opinion that they were just really, really bad at security. Hell there was just one Song for controlling all the Guardians on Ar Tonelico (which comes up during the DESPEDIA section).

OddObserver
Apr 3, 2009

Feinne posted:

You might think poo poo has previously gotten crazy but I assure you, the next update is in fact where poo poo gets C R A Z Y.

It shouldn't actually be that long so I can probably promise tomorrow, we've got CLASS::DISTLLISTA and a bit of a surprise.

I hope that means we'll get a new guest babysitter!

Lunar Suite
Jun 5, 2011

Listening to the Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance soundtrack, I am feeling "The only thing I know" (Jetstream Sam's theme) as an alternate song for Delta.

quote:

Memories broken
The truth goes unspoken
I’ve even forgotten my name

I don’t know the season
Or what is the reason
I’m standing here holding my blade

A desolate place
Without any trace
It’s only the cold wind I feel

It’s me that I spite
As I stand up and fight
The only thing I know for real

There will be blood-shed
The man in the mirror nods his head

The only one left
Will ride upon the dragon’s back

Because the mountains don’t give back what they take
Oh no
There will be blood-shed
It’s the only thing I’ve ever known

Losing my identity
Wondering have I gone insane
To find the truth in front of me
I must climb this mountain range
Looking downward from this deadly height
And never realizing why I fight

I really want an Ar Tonelico/Audiosurf/Crypt of the Necrodancer mashup game now.

Thuryl
Mar 14, 2007

My postillion has been struck by lightning.

thetruegentleman posted:

Anyway, I have to admit that I really like how the game tries to bond the player with Ion: sure, it doesn't really work for us since its basically pay off for playing Ciel Nosurge, but it's still an interesting way of making the player attached to the heroine. Or rather, it's an interesting way to get the player to think about the nature of love and its relation with reality: more "can you really love a person you never meet" than "can you love a video game character", of course, as I really hope people don't think the latter is possible.

Yeah, while the whole dating-a-video-game-character thing is kinda cringeworthy at face value, there are a lot of aspects of this whole subplot that are actually working pretty well for me as a metaphor for online relationships.

Sudsygoat
Jul 19, 2013

thetruegentleman posted:

Anyway, I have to admit that I really like how the game tries to bond the player with Ion: sure, it doesn't really work for us since its basically pay off for playing Ciel Nosurge, but it's still an interesting way of making the player attached to the heroine. Or rather, it's an interesting way to get the player to think about the nature of love and its relation with reality: more "can you really love a person you never meet" than "can you love a video game character", of course, as I really hope people don't think the latter is possible.

I think it actually made me like the characters "we" interact with more too, partly due to the limited interactions. Just because the game only ever lets you be a colossal rear end, a pervert, or super supportive at any point, it led me to pretty much always pick the supportive option, and the constant reinforcement meant I was so used too massaging Ion, Kanon and Tattoria's fragile egos that I liked them more for it when I played through. Though maybe I am just the sort of crazy person they wrote it that way for. These sorts of interactions don't exist on the delta side, so I wound up less attached to them than Ion's posse of regulars.

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

That's it! No more hiding in tomato crates! It's time to show that idiota Germany how a real nation fights!

For pasta~! CHARGE!

Lunar Suite posted:

(phoneposting)
Did I miss something from extended material here?

AT3 established that we don't have malevateils 'cause the designers were loving creeps. Mir did nothing wrong (jokes aside a reyvateil rebellion as pretty much inevitable from what we know)

Feinne
Oct 9, 2007

Omobono posted:

(phoneposting)
Did I miss something from extended material here?

AT3 established that we don't have malevateils 'cause the designers were loving creeps. Mir did nothing wrong (jokes aside a reyvateil rebellion as pretty much inevitable from what we know)

I don't recall where or how it comes up but since Reyvateils are really common in Sol Cluster there are men who have enough of them in their ancestry to express some of the artificial bits that differentiate a Reyvateil from a normal person. I'm pretty sure it just amounts to some weird largely nonfunctional things in their bodies. On the scale of 'real' Reyvateil they're not even close to a third-generation, which is sort of lucky for them because they're not enough of a Reyvateil for it to gently caress over their lifespan.

Update pretty soon.

Feinne
Oct 9, 2007

Okay, okay, settle down! I know you’re excited but we’ll be here for a while, you might as well get a good night’s sleep. Fine, fine, we’ll continue the story.

Video- “To the Core”

Watch

It is the last fragment of the place we were born… And the home we destroyed.
What kind of lives might we have had if our planetary migration had been successful, I wonder.
I’m sorry… It didn’t work because I couldn’t do my job.
I’m not attempting to assign blame. In fact, your song did not go to waste.
What?
Even now, there is still a thread of energy between the distant planet you linked to, and this place.
The song I am about to install into Her Majesty will use that energy to transport people there.
…Okay.
I’m sorry Nay. I always have to ask for your help…
What are you talking about?
You need to have more self-confidence, Ion. You’re a lot more amazing than you seem to think.
I know I’ll always fight to the death, but you’re really not that different. You never give up.
I can do all this because I know you’re here.
Even if I screw it up, you’ll figure out a way to fix it. You’ve got my back.
You won’t try and run away, right?
Of course not!

Hmm? Well, it’s more complicated than that. For whatever reasons they might have to dislike each other, Ion and Nay also have issues only the other can really understand.

W-Wait, no, I can’t, I don’t have the voice of the Empress anymore.
I’m just messing with you. I just mean I feel better with you around.
Besides, if it comes down to it, I’ll give you back the power before I die. Just like how you gave it to me.
W-What?! Th-That’s…um…
What did you do!?
Th-That’s a secret! I’ll never tell anybody, ever!
Alright, that’s enough. I’m glad you’re friends, but it’s time to start the installation.
Oh, right! Sorry.
…I’m beginning. Your Majesty, please try to relax.

Queli->EX[irtr]->{NAYAFLASK <= Class::DISTLLISTA};
Th-This is…
I’ve never felt something like this before. This song is amazing…like it could consume everything…
It is called “Class::DISTLLISTA;”. I suppose you could say it is our last hope.
“Class::DISTLLISTA;”…
The place to sing it is a little further on. We should make our way there now.

Jeez, stop interrupting me! No, I don’t know what you call someone who likes robots and maybe secretly girls too. Changing the subject now, while they were getting ready at the core Delta, Cass, and Sarly headed to the Singing Hill.

Oh, Sarly, what’s up?
Well, to tell the truth, Delta and Cass are going to be facing a warp through space-time.
What do you mean?
I see. It’s pretty brave of you to volunteer for such a risky job. You have my respect.
I feel the same way. That’s why I want to do whatever I can to increase their chances of survival.
You had some shock-resistant dimensional armor during your research, right? Still have it?
Of course. I think it would also be a good idea to bring Entanglement communications equipment.
Entang…what?
Entanglement. It’s a communications device that utilizes quantum entanglement.
It has excellent range. You can communicate across distance, time, and even dimensions.

They at least were going to properly equip them for their journey.

Got it. You two, come with me.
Uh… Do we really have to change clothes?
I don’t really like ugly, heavy, mechanical things…
Don’t complain. This could mean the difference between life and death.
I know, I know, I have to… Doesn’t mean I have to like it, though.
C’mon, we should at least take a look. It might be a lot cooler than you expect.
I don’t think I can count on you to be a good judge of what’s cool.
But we don’t have much time so…let’s do it, I guess.
What do you think!?
Hm…
This is awesome. It’s way lighter than it looks. I can move around almost like normal.
Y-Yeah. It’s…not as bad as I’d thought.
That’s good to hear! Although it’s not as though I made them.

I understand their new clothes were pretty okay.

With that on, the stress of wormhole travel on your body is reduced to about 1/100th of what it would be.
1/100th!? That’s amazing!
That’s an exaggeration.
Really?
You were lying!?
It is better for traveling through space-time than normal clothes, and it’ll protect you from harmful Waves.
Oh…
I’ll attach the communications device to Delta’s suit. I’ll try to make sure it doesn’t get in the way.
Oh, but don’t worry, I don’t intend to listen in on you.
I wasn’t worried until you mentioned it…
Are you saying this communication device is capable of that?
No. For one, it can’t transmit words.
…Wait. Then what CAN it transmit?

Again? No, you don’t want to know the details of what they’re talking about. It might as well just be a pair of magic boxes that can tell each other ‘yes’ or ‘no’ anywhere in the universe.

And that’s helpful…how?
Even if the trip is successful, the world on the other end may not be safe.
If something happens to you, we can use the message from that device to provide help.
Wait, what does that mean…?
That I created a machine to assist you, just like Sarly!
System Message: Obtained Shirotaka’s Friend Attack, [Death Circuit]!
Seriously!? Awesome! Thanks, Shirotaka!
No no, don’t mention it!
Good luck. The future of humanity rests on your shoulders.
Don’t worry. We’ve got it!
Looks like we’re all set. Time to head for the planet’s center.

Feinne’s Notes:
Shirotaka’s Death Circuit is goddamn amazing by the way, it’s an instant death effect and works on almost everything in the game.

The four of them met up with Ion’s party at the core.

Video- “Class::DISTLLISTA”

No Seriously Watch This For Full Impact

Shirotaka gave us these. He said something about protecting us from the shock of the wormhole.
Huh. I don’t get it, but you look pretty good.
More like heroes heading off to save the world.
I think you might be exaggerating a little.
True. But if you don’t figure something out over there, we’re doomed.
Oh! I’m not trying to put pressure on you or anything…
We know. Don’t worry, I’m sure we’ll figure out something once we get there.
I’ll hold you to that.
Sorry for butting in, but can I say something?
What’s up?
Everybody here believes in you. Me especially.
But as a scientist, there’s something I need to tell you.
As a scientist…?

Sarly was displaying about as much concern as she was capable of.

…Is there anything you want to say or do before you leave?
I’ll tell you when we get back.
Me too. We’ll be fine.
I see. Well then.
If you need anything, call me right away! I’ll do whatever I can!
Well, we can’t really “call” you…although I guess Earthes would know, so you would too.
Got it./No way.
…Are you ready?
We can begin as soon as you are prepared, Your Majesty.
Well, no time like the present, I guess.
I’m looking forward to something amazing, Nay.
…Who do you think you’re talking to? I’ll be singing as the Empress today. You better be ready for this.
O-Okay…
This song opens a door into the unknown. A song for the potential of life, and a melody of trust.
You know it’s really rare to have the Empress sing for you personally, right?
I do. We’ll do our best to listen with respect and gratitude.
He he. All right you two… We’re all counting on you.
Here goes!

Nay began the Song…

Song- “Class::DISTLLISTA;”

Watch

…And the wormhole opened.

Aah!
Stay close!
O-Okay!
It’s started! Brace for impact!
You can do it!
Please be careful!
Good luck!

Delta and Cass were pulled in. In the clothes they were in, not their original clothes. Don’t be foolish.

Delta!

They landed with a thud.

Where is this…?

…!

And it seemed they weren’t alone.

Girl in White: Hey, uh… Who are you? Are you gods?

They were… sort of confused.

What is this place…?

And the girl gave them an answer.

Girl in White: This is…

Girl in White: …Sol Ciel!

I think now’s about the time to let someone else tell the story, though. Next time you can hear it from someone who was really there.

Next Time, Ar Nosurge: The Origin and the Chief

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

I somehow did not quite see this coming.

Icedude
Mar 30, 2004

Ah yes, the big reveal :allears:

Unfortunately it was spoiled for a lot of people (including me) long before the game even came out, but otherwise it's a great "Holy poo poo we're back!" moment.

Feinne posted:

Delta and Cass were pulled in. In the clothes they were in, not their original clothes. Don’t be foolish.

Surprisingly they actually fixed that in Plus, which was nice as I wasn't expecting them to touch the animated cutscenes at all. Although I'm not sure they fixed anything about this bit:

quote:

There are so many things wrong in this shot I don't even know where to begin right now :doh:

I'll do the costume select screen info for those new outfits when I get home from work.

Icedude fucked around with this message at 00:12 on Jul 30, 2015

InfinityComplex
Feb 5, 2011

Nothing better than swinging around a little girl like a flail.
Yeah I was wondering "I don't remember the tower being that small" when I went through this part.

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Friends: Protected
World: Saved
Crablettes: Eaten

InfinityComplex posted:

Yeah I was wondering "I don't remember the tower being that small" when I went through this part.

I'm pretty sure it's still under construction and that circular thing at the top is like the DV/CV from AT2.

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

You know it never occurred to me until this update that the animated cutscene gave Delta and Cass the wrong outfits. So much for attention to detail :v:

I was actually semi spoiled on this beforehand by being told you-know-who was in this game, so it was simple to put two and two together during the leadup, but this is still a pretty cool scene regardless.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

I was spoiled on the same, but just expected it to be a small post-credits thing. I wonder where they're going with this?

Feinne
Oct 9, 2007

From this point on the plot decisions are pretty much 100% awesome, we're kinda sick of getting hosed with and now it's time to solve problems.

Also the music on Ar Ciel is universally awesome. Some of the tracks are new arrangements of original Ar Tonelico music, and one of them is at the minimum STRONGLY inspired by a track from Ar=Ciel Ar=Dor if not a straight instrumental arrangement of it. Because one of those tracks is about a place that actually still exists at this point in time.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
Would everything suddenly make sense if I knew anything about AT?

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Does the script and dialogue improve alongside it?

Sindai posted:

TL;DR there was a point in the past of EXA_PICO when things were (relatively) peaceful on Ar Ciel, and this is probably that time. I doubt anything else will be important.

Feinne
Oct 9, 2007

Sindai posted:

It's actually almost the opposite, this helps explain a couple of things that were never really explored in AT.

Oh and as I mentioned earlier in the week some family is coming by for a few days starting tomorrow, the next update will likely be somewhat off-schedule as a result.

Feinne fucked around with this message at 02:45 on Jul 30, 2015

Icedude
Mar 30, 2004

Back from work, so here's some RaAr Cielan Fashion Corner!

Delta's Second Outfit: "Anti-Magnesta"

quote:

Anti-ballistic, anti-Wave space age armor, used for travelling through the wormhole to Ar Ciel. Due to the use of ceramic type materials, it's lighter than it looks, and is easy to move around in. The headset communicator makes use of quantum teleportation, and is able to send simple thoughts across any distance while the user is alive. Delta seems to like it.
Not sure why, but the visor/glasses seem to be a lot more opaque in the Plus version of the game. Either that or my memory of the outfit is just way off.

Cass' Second Outfit: "Sphere Dress"

quote:

While it may appear heavy, this combat dress is actually extremely light. Cass thought it would be difficult to move around in at first sight, but after wearing it, she found it to be both comfortable and agreeable. The chest armor uses anti-Wave materials, so even powerful energy waves would have no effect on the wearer. It protected Cass completely while travelling through the wormhole to Ar Ciel

For some reason, between the Distllista cutscene having them in their original outfits and the designs of these outfits, I get the feeling Cass and Delta were originally meant to get these after arriving on Ar Ciel. Cass' outfit certainly looks a lot more 'Ar Cielan' than pretty much anything anyone on the Soreil wore.

e: Oh, and the slightly spoilery thing I mentioned about the bonus costumes in the last outfit post? That was actually covered all the way back in Nelico's genometrics :doh: I'll do a post about them once we reach the point where we'd be able to wear them (if this was Plus or the JPN version of the game), I suppose.

wdarkk posted:

I'm pretty sure it's still under construction and that circular thing at the top is like the DV/CV from AT2.
Going by the old fanbook timeline, we can't have arrived while Ar tonelico was still under construction given something we've already seen. But then again there's a bit of a problem with that timeline now because of that exact same evidence that I may end up writing a slightly :spergin: post about when we get to it.

Icedude fucked around with this message at 05:11 on Jul 30, 2015

Feinne
Oct 9, 2007

I think it's best to just assume that everything that isn't correct anymore was the result of Ar Ciel's history becoming closer to legend after the planet was hosed.

Or whenever you notice something like that a lady song wizard did it.

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

MORT cancels dance: interrupted by MORT

Feinne posted:

I think it's best to just assume that everything that isn't correct anymore was the result of Ar Ciel's history becoming closer to legend after the planet was hosed.

Or whenever you notice something like that a lady song wizard did it.

Nice av.

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

It makes me miss AT2 and want to replay it, but I am totally addicted to FF14 right now.

Feinne
Oct 9, 2007

Yeah I've pulled out my PS2 but just haven't had time to kick it up yet.

I've recorded for the next update and hope to have it between now and Sunday, can't be more exact than that.

Feinne
Oct 9, 2007

Looks like I'll have some uninterrupted time today, so should have an update later.

Lunar Suite
Jun 5, 2011

We're not gonna gently caress up two planets for the price of one, right?

...Right?

Materant
Jul 22, 2010

see, what you don't understand is he now has

THE MANLIEST MUSTACHE

it defies physics

Lunar Suite posted:

We're not gonna gently caress up two planets for the price of one, right?

...Right?

With any luck we shouldn't be seeing the Grathnode Inferia personally. That would suck on a pretty special level.

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Friends: Protected
World: Saved
Crablettes: Eaten
This is a number of years before that, although we could always be here for the seven bloodstains incident.

IIRC the planet's also having general human civilization environmental problems. Can you imagine the environmental impact study for the Tower of Ar Tonelico?

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

That's it! No more hiding in tomato crates! It's time to show that idiota Germany how a real nation fights!

For pasta~! CHARGE!

wdarkk posted:

IIRC the planet's also having general human civilization environmental problems. Can you imagine the environmental impact study for the Tower of Ar Tonelico?

"gently caress Ar Ciel, we have a space elevator to build"
-First page of the Ar Tonelico project

Lunar Suite
Jun 5, 2011

That little music box at the end - is that the Pure Melody? The song that powers the Orgel of Origins and therefore the entirety of Ar Tonelico?

Also hi Shurelia. Please get your GPS fixed. And don't piss off the Teru.

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

wdarkk posted:

This is a number of years before that, although we could always be here for the seven bloodstains incident.

We just had a short aside about how the engineers for Ar Tonelico and the Song Server evidently had no concept of security or disaster planning for their large and complex systems, what makes you think they would have bothered with an environmental impact study?

Seems like the prevailing logic of people on Ar Ciel is "Can we do it?" "Yes" "Do it"

Elric
Mar 31, 2011

Super Jay Mann posted:

We just had a short aside about how the engineers for Ar Tonelico and the Song Server evidently had no concept of security or disaster planning for their large and complex systems, what makes you think they would have bothered with an environmental impact study?

Seems like the prevailing logic of people on Ar Ciel is "Can we do it?" "Yes" "Do it"

Indeed. Create a superpowerful little girl, then abuse her. What could go wrong?

Feinne
Oct 9, 2007

One of my favorite things is that Harmonius, which the shitlords who created Mir considered useless, actually did do something pretty useful beyond express how much she loved the world even though she was treated so poorly.

I'm working on the update now, it should be done later tonight.

Feinne
Oct 9, 2007

…And this is where you’ll all be staying while you’re here. I had to get them to change out the beds, you kids have grown so much since I last saw you. Now, your mother said she’s been telling you about Ra Ciela. Well, now is where I come into the story.

Video- “Shurelia”

Watch

I don’t know… Maybe it’s the name of a planet?
The name of this planet is Ar Ciel. Sol Ciel is the name of one of its regions.
Sol Ciel is part of the planet Ar Ciel? …Wait, then that means…!
We’re here…?
He he…
Ha ha ha…
We made it! Hahahahaha!
We did it, we really did it! It worked! We can save everyone!
Yes, yes!
U-Um…
Oh, I’m sorry. I’m Casty, and this is Delta. Who are you…?
Casty and Delta… I see.

This was… well, a long ways back.

Okay…
So, uh, what are you doing? It shouldn’t be possible for normal people to get in here…
U-Um, well…
Are…are you Orgel fairies?!
Wh-What are Orgel fairies?!
Father always said that fairies live here, in the Orgel of Origins. That’s why I…
Sorry, but we’re just normal humans.
Normal humans, here…? Are you intruders?!
W-Wait! Hold on! We came here from another planet!
A what…?
Well, actually, we came from a colony ship, not a planet, but basically we’re from, uh, really far away.
You can do that? How?
We used Song Magic to travel through space-time.
Song Magic… Then that means you two can use Hymmnos!
Hymmnos…?
Oh, was I wrong? Song Magic is used through Hymmnos, right? Or do you use songs from the Teru Tribe?
What’s that mean?

I could tell they weren’t from here, they were so confused at what I was talking about!

Hm… Well, Song Magic is based off words, I guess it wouldn’t be strange for them to have a different language.
So why are you here, Shurelia? Didn’t you say normal people can’t come in here?
Oh, I’m an exception. I’m this Amplification Tower’s administrator!
You keep throwing terms at us that we don’t understand… What’s an Amplification Tower?
What? You don’t even know that…?
You really must be from another world…
I understand. Since this is an emergency, I’ll place you under my protection for now.
Under your protection? Why?
The Orgel of Origins is one of the most highly restricted areas of the Amplification Tower.
If someone else found you wandering around here, you’d be arrested.
But I’ll lead you outside nice and safely, so don’t worry. It’ll be okay!
…Are we really expecting a girl like this to protect us?
Hmph…!
C-C’mon Delta. We don’t know our way around this place, we should accept her help.
I know how I look, but I’m a real administrator! And you shouldn’t be so rude!
Sorry, Delta’s rude to everyone. He’s just wired that way.
…Hey.

But, well, I guess I’ve always been a sucker for people who need help.

Oh, like I said before, security around here is pretty tight.
If you run into any Guardians along the way, you’ll either have to fight them or run away.
Aren’t you some kind of administrator? Just make it so they don’t attack us.

I, um…I just became administrator recently.
The security control program still hasn’t been installed yet…
…Sorry.
Ugh… We get to a new world, and the first thing we have to do is fight?
Well, there’s nothing we can do about it, so let’s just be careful.

Feinne’s Notes:
So, there are two really important things here. One, there is a rare and valuable ingredient that we can pick up in Ar Ciel, the Legendary Screw. We’ll need those for a bunch of syntheses from now on so might as well get started picking them up. Secondly, the random fights here can sometimes give us a Hymmnes RNA, which is one of the best armors in the game for Cass and Ion. Make sure you pick up two of them.

While I love the world we’ve got now, I still remember how things used to be.

Video- “The Chief”

Watch

It really is an incredible view.
Is it really that different from your world?
It’s different enough.
Even the air doesn’t feel the same.
I…I don’t really understand.
I don’t mean anything weird, just… there’s wind, and a sky, and it’s all incredible.
If someone told me this was paradise, I’d believe them. I admit, I’m a little surprised people live here.
Look! I can see a city!

Oh, to see that place in its full glory again… Oh, sorry, back on track.

Huh… Do humans live somewhere else?
On the surface. The floating continent, the Wings of Horus, is forbidden to the general public.
You have a floating continent?!
Yes. It’s an experiment. Several years back they created it by tearing off a portion of land and floating it.
Seriously…? Uh, so I guess your planet has a pretty advanced civilization, huh?
I don’t know, I’ve never seen it compared to another civilization, so I couldn’t say.
We don’t have the technology to travel freely between planets like you do, though.
So…your civilization might be more advanced.
I wouldn’t really say we can travel FREELY either…
Still, it looks like their science is pretty advanced. We might be able to travel back to our world.
It’s certainly better than finding a planet of farmers…
Oh, I don’t think I asked. Why did you come here anyway?
Oh, well, we—
???: Halt!
What?!

That was about when we had a little mix-up with the guards.

What?!
Soldier: Don’t move!
D-Delta…
…I think we should do what they say.
Soldier: Are you alone? Where’s the rest of your team?!
Team? What are you talking about?
Soldier: Don’t make me repeat myself!
W-Wait! Hold on!
These people are fairies from the Orgel of Origins!
They came from a distant planet! They’re my friends!
Soldier: Fairies…? Your friends…?
What are you talking about?

It was a good thing one of my friends was there.

You came from another planet? Hm…
…You.
Wh-What?
ah-ne hyem, won-re nye-ri-iz;
Huh!?
What, what did he say?
Wait a second…
soh-ne yei-syei yei-fao ar-de, ih-cyen=yu-tey-re wei-ih-i;
soh-nh ih-cyen=fii-ne aa-poa-re yei-I, aa-tes-iz;
nyei-nyei ah-ih-nay; ahih;
…I’m surprised. I didn’t think there was anyone left who would understand this language.
These people are not spies from Sol Cluster. In fact, they appear to be old friends of ours.
I’ll be handling this matter, if you don’t mind?
…Looks like he understood.
I don’t understand what’s going on…

Together we all headed for Kurt Pheyna, the grand city of the Teru.

Though, well, my friend was a bit concerned about something.

Shurelia.
Yes?
You’re going to get scolded by your father again for coming here.
Not if he never finds out, right Ayatane?
…Heh heh. You really are an adorable little troublemaker. No wonder Eleno is so fond of you.
Anyway, let us introduce ourselves. I am the head of the Ayatane, Karyou Kirinami. It’s a pleasure to meet you.
Ayatane isn’t your name?
It’s something like a title among my people. It is not a name.
Each new chief inherits the title.
So please, feel free to call me Ayatane.
Right, okay. I’m Delta, this is Casty. Nice to meet you.
Delta and Casty…
So… Casty, where did you learn that song?
It was in a very special, ancient language.
Few, even among the Teru Tribe, know it. I was surprised such a young girl would.
Aha ha ha.

Ah, yes, this is a different Ayatane than the one you know is supposed to be.

What…?
There are animals with special powers. At a certain age, each of us journeys to find them.
We meet and train with our Protectors, then become lifelong partners and gain the blessing of magic.
Huh… That sounds like the relation between humans and Genom.
I’m sorry…humans and what?
Uh, it’s like the relationship Delta and I have.
We…connect our hearts, and weave Song Magic there.
I see… That is indeed quite similar to the relation between ourselves and our Protectors.
Most interesting. I would like to know more about where you came from. Would you be willing to tell me?
Of course.
…I see.
Another world with Song Magic, the ancient destruction of a planet, a journey on a colony vessel…
This is not a story which can be easily believed.
But it’s true. All of it.
No, I do not doubt you. In fact, the more I hear, the more I believe it.
Why?

The Teru Tribe, as it turned out, were descendants of the Ra Cielan scouts.

Really!?
Yes. There are many legends, so I don’t know how much truth there is to all of them, but…
They claim that we came here from another world.
Long, long ago, our ancestors are said to have come appeared from the skies above Syestine.
The Teru Tribe of that time did not possess the horns or tails we now do.
I do not know why we gained the horns and tails, but if this is true…
You may actually be distant relatives of the Teru Tribe.
Then that means… The Teru Tribe…
Please, Ayatane! You have to help us, our ship is on the brink of collapse.
Let the people living there move to this planet.
Delta…

…I am interested in the relationship between our peoples, and the more I hear, the more I wish to help you.
But the situation on this planet is unfavorable. The civilization is advanced, and the population is great.
Some will accept you, but others may not.
…True. It would be asking a lot to hope all the people from the ship would be welcome all at once.

In retrospect I suppose it was for the best that they couldn’t just move here.

Will you come with me to Syestine?
Syestine…?
Yes. The place of our origin, and the place the gods dwell…
Gods!?
Syestine! That sounds fun! I really like the Sharanoir Forest!
You know about it?
Of course! I know a lot of stuff!
The Will of the Planet—the Gods, in other words—live in Sharanoir forest. I’m sure they’ll help you!
…The Will of the Planet?
Ayatane, would you mind taking us to this Sharanoir forest?
Yes, of course. However, it is a long journey. It is on the other side of this planet.
That’s fine. We owe you one.
Okay then, it’s decided! Let’s go prepare for the journey!
…Shurelia, I am afraid I cannot take you. Your father would be very angry with me. Again.
Don’t worry, I’ll keep it a secret!
How would you be able to keep a disappearance of several days a secret?
But…I…
Return to your father. You are the Amplification Tower’s administrator, after all.
Rrrgh… This is boring.

Hmm… you’ve been hearing about the Dives too, right? Well, that’s what they did next, so how about we take a little break and then move on with one of them?

Next Time, Ar Nosurge: Friendship, Redux

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

I'm guessing they were lazy because you totally can't see his horns or tail and he's not wearing enough to hide them.

• Locked thread