Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Davincie posted:

anime japan :stonk:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

Oxxidation posted:

Ruddha is a good poster and cool dude.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

I said come in! posted:

You should have a reason for why you want to talk about this. Someone questioning you on it is not dumb. If you can't even come up with a valid reason for why this topic is important, then the problem is you, not me. Like I said before, I use to find this issue important, and then I really started to question why this was even a thing, and I couldn't answer that, and no one else who was very vocal about it on the internet could do the same. It was just "this is important because of reasons." This is nothing but an echo chamber, people just wanting to be outraged in order to feel important, but without actually doing anything important or changing anything. This is a topic for people who want to check off a little "I did a good deed today" box. So I gave up and decided this was a pointless topic that had no relevance, and so far i've yet to see a reason to change my mind back to how I use to feel. All i've seen from this issue is a bunch of people who aren't even affected by it, chase some celebrities off of Twitter.

lol

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Ruddha posted:

If you don't have 100% faith in Kojima the game mastermind of our time you straight up don't deserve to play video games and must report to hell immediately

Well that settles it, need to cancel my pre-order.

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

Obsurveyor posted:

code:
.ignored {
  display: none;
}
means I never will. If only I could get people to stop quoting him.

What a piece of poo poo!

edit: I apologize for this outburst. But I beg you to reconsider your opinion on the posts..they are full of love and joy.

Trash Trick fucked around with this message at 22:01 on Jul 31, 2015

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Oxxidation posted:

Ruddha
Jan 21, 2006

when you realize how cool and retarded everything is you will tilt your head back and laugh at the sky
thank you for being nice to me; alternatively, no thank you to the other man, or woman.

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly

Obsurveyor posted:

code:
.ignored {
  display: none;
}
means I never will. If only I could get people to stop quoting him.

You sound like a fun person

A True Jar Jar Fan
Nov 3, 2003

Primadonna

I said come in! posted:

You should have a reason for why you want to talk about this. Someone questioning you on it is not dumb. If you can't even come up with a valid reason for why this topic is important, then the problem is you, not me. Like I said before, I use to find this issue important, and then I really started to question why this was even a thing, and I couldn't answer that, and no one else who was very vocal about it on the internet could do the same. It was just "this is important because of reasons." This is nothing but an echo chamber, people just wanting to be outraged in order to feel important, but without actually doing anything important or changing anything. This is a topic for people who want to check off a little "I did a good deed today" box. So I gave up and decided this was a pointless topic that had no relevance, and so far i've yet to see a reason to change my mind back to how I use to feel. All i've seen from this issue is a bunch of people who aren't even affected by it, chase some celebrities off of Twitter.
Wow

Ruddha
Jan 21, 2006

when you realize how cool and retarded everything is you will tilt your head back and laugh at the sky

Reverse Centaur posted:

Well that settles it, need to cancel my pre-order.

i believe in my heart that you can yet be saved.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Now I have no doubt only mentally ill people talk about this.

A True Jar Jar Fan
Nov 3, 2003

Primadonna

You're one angry dude, I'm sorry joking about the funny boob figure led to this melt down.

dog nougat
Apr 8, 2009
I like video games.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Surlaw posted:

You're one angry dude, I'm sorry joking about the funny boob figure led to this melt down.

I didn't have a melt down, i'm not even angry, i'm just trying to get you to think, but that's beyond your capabilities. I wanted to give you the benefit of the doubt that you weren't mentally handicapped but you clearly are. You said yourself this is something you are really passionate about, but it sounds like you only care when everyone is agreeing with you.

Captain Yossarian
Feb 24, 2011

All new" Rings of Fire"

Oxxidation posted:

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

dog nougat posted:

I like video games.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kq0l4D-C_yI

A True Jar Jar Fan
Nov 3, 2003

Primadonna

I said come in! posted:

I didn't have a melt down, i'm not even angry, i'm just trying to get you to think, but that's beyond your capabilities. I wanted to give you the benefit of the doubt that you weren't mentally handicapped but you clearly are. You said yourself this is something you are really passionate about, but it sounds like you only care when everyone is agreeing with you.

Dude what are you even talking about, settle down 💑

dog nougat posted:

I like video games.
I don't, let's fight it out.

Crappy Jack
Nov 21, 2005

We got some serious shit to discuss.

I said come in! posted:

"I'm not even angry, but you're literally mentally handicapped".

You, uh, might want to think about how you present arguments in the future, chief.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
I think the MGS lady has a dumb design but I don't actually care either. Also Ruddha is good and you should let him do his thing even if it isn't your thing. He's much like Kojima in that way.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Crappy Jack posted:

"I'm not even angry, but you're literally mentally handicapped".

You, uh, might want to think about how you present arguments in the future, chief.

Nah, i'm good.

ditty bout my clitty
May 28, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe
I for one welcome the gender debate in every thread since men first started turning their penises inside out.

dog nougat
Apr 8, 2009

Surlaw posted:

I don't, let's fight it out.

Ok, be warned that I've never fought in real life. There are games that "simulate" fighting though. I suggest we fight IRL and in video game form, then average the results to determine the winner.

Peel
Dec 3, 2007

i think it's cool if people can relax and chat about all aspects of Playstation Four games in the Playstation Four thread, even aspects like the really silly outfit worn by mute bikini fishnet sniper 'quiet', if they find it interesting

chocolateTHUNDER
Jul 19, 2008

GIVE ME ALL YOUR FREE AGENTS

ALL OF THEM
I think I might have hosed up my controller at some point because I can't really enter text with it anymore. I can't move the selection box off the middle of the screen, and it's acting like I'm trying to use the touchpad to enter text even when I'm not. Touching the touchpad does nothing, but clicking it in works. Is there anyway I can turn off the touchpad functionality for text input?

A True Jar Jar Fan
Nov 3, 2003

Primadonna

dog nougat posted:

Ok, be warned that I've never fought in real life. There are games that "simulate" fighting though. I suggest we fight IRL and in video game form, then average the results to determine the winner.

I disagree, barf, puke, we're going to play co-op Octodad.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Guys, GUYS.

The enemy is out there, man.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:
Maybe, maybe WE are our OWN enemy. *wins like 87 BAFTAs*

MikeRabsitch
Aug 23, 2004

Show us what you got, what you got

chocolateTHUNDER posted:

I think I might have hosed up my controller at some point because I can't really enter text with it anymore. I can't move the selection box off the middle of the screen, and it's acting like I'm trying to use the touchpad to enter text even when I'm not. Touching the touchpad does nothing, but clicking it in works. Is there anyway I can turn off the touchpad functionality for text input?

Is it set up to where you have to "steer" the cursor it with the gyroscope inside? I get that randomly with certain text screens when I'm not expecting it.

Brightman
Feb 24, 2005

I've seen fun you people wouldn't believe.
Tiki torches on fire off the summit of Kilauea.
I watched disco balls glitter in the dark near the Brandenburg Gate.
All those moments will be lost in time, like crowds in rain.

Time to sleep.

Knightmare posted:

Is it set up to where you have to "steer" the cursor it with the gyroscope inside? I get that randomly with certain text screens when I'm not expecting it.

Hit R3 to switch that back to regular mode.

SiKboy
Oct 28, 2007

Oh no!😱

I said come in! posted:

Can you justify to me why you want to talk about video games? Like, on what possible level are videogames important?

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

I just got to max level again in Destiny, that's pretty important

chocolateTHUNDER
Jul 19, 2008

GIVE ME ALL YOUR FREE AGENTS

ALL OF THEM

Knightmare posted:

Brightman posted:

Hit R3 to switch that back to regular mode.

If I hit R3 my controller vibrates and....nothing. Still behaves the same way.

Megasabin
Sep 9, 2003

I get half!!

I said come in! posted:

There are many issues in life that are systemic in scope and incredibly difficult for any single person or even large groups of people to change. That does not mean they are not worth having a dialog about, or worse dismissing them as non-issues. On the very topic you bring up, the discussion and outrage from fans has already elicited positive change, and many newer games in the past 1-2 years have had much better female character design, and in some cases developers have literally altered a character design due to fan response. I think that makes it more than a pointless topic.

dog nougat
Apr 8, 2009

Surlaw posted:

I disagree, barf, puke, we're going to play co-op Octodad.

Deal. You'll have to buy it for me since I'm unemployed and broke.

Does Octodad actually support online co-op? I played the demo way back before the PS4 was released on a demo unit at a Sony and it was p. cool.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Ugh, I was enjoying the Claptrap DLC but then I got to the end and its just boss fight after boss fight after boss fight.

titties
May 10, 2012

They're like two suicide notes stuffed into a glitter bra

dog nougat posted:

I like video games.

same

I also like boobs so this is all kind of win-win for me tbh

acksplode
May 17, 2004

I said come in! posted:

Just wanted to chime in about how loving bad this post is. My dude, the only way you can feel this topic is pointless or irrelevant is if you can't empathize with the people who are typically underrepresented and misrepresented in games who finally have a way to speak up about it. It owns and I love that it frustrates you. Keep bein' mad online in 2015.

Tequila Bob
Nov 2, 2011

IT'S HAL TIME, CHUMPS
Some of my co-workers have formed a Destiny group, and I've been invited. Is Destiny worth playing in its current state?

dog nougat
Apr 8, 2009

titties posted:

same

I also like boobs so this is all kind of win-win for me tbh

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

I said come in! posted:

A "pointless topic with no relevance" that you are very concerned with repeatedly posting about.

• Locked thread