Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mapparu
Sep 22, 2013

how many dogs do they have? do they cuddle together?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arriviste
Sep 10, 2010

Gather. Grok. Create.

Now pick up what you can
and run.
Had a big dog on my back storm door once but I asked it to stay outside by trying to gently pick her up with a whisk broom and put her someplace safer. She rewarded me with the millions of puppies on her back who rushed the door and went inside without even wiping their feet first. :aaaaa:

Tasty_Crayon
Jul 29, 2006
Same story, different version.

Arriviste posted:

Had a big dog on my back storm door once but I asked it to stay outside by trying to gently pick her up with a whisk broom and put her someplace safer. She rewarded me with the millions of puppies on her back who rushed the door and went inside without even wiping their feet first. :aaaaa:

THEY WERE SO GRATEFUL FOR YOUR HELP THEY DEDICATED THEIR CHILDREN AND CHILDRENS CHILDREN TO YOUR SERVITUDE: TO EAT A SILVERFISH, A FRUIT FLY, A MOSQUITO.

Tasty_Crayon
Jul 29, 2006

Mapparu posted:

how many dogs do they have? do they cuddle together?

MOST DOGS VERY MUCH LIKE SOLITUDE. SOME PEOPLE CAN KEEP COMMUNITY ENCLOSURES BUT THAT poo poo ENDS UP LIKE FAWLTY TOWERS FOR THE MOST PART: GENERAL UNHAPPINESS AND OCCASIONAL DE-LEGGING. A MOTHER DOG MAY HAVE A FEW HUNDRED BABIES BUT IT IS BEST TO SEPARATE THEM SOON BECAUSE BABIES ARE ALSO TASTY.

HOWEVER, AN EXCEPTION! M. BALFOURI MANY TIMES ENJOY AND THRIVE LIVING TOGETHER LIKE DIRTY HIPPIES. WITH PUPPIES SHOWING AN INCREASED SURVIVAL RATE WHEN CODDLED BY DOTING MAMA.

Tasty_Crayon
Jul 29, 2006

watchoutitsabear posted:

What kinds of things will a dog work for? If I were to get a dog and that dog did something cute and I wanted to create a nice consequence for doing that cute thing so maybe the dog will do it again, what kind of nice consequence could I give it?

A DOG WILL WORK FOR A FOOD. WHICH IS TO SAY, IT WILL WAIT FOR A FOOD AND IF THE FOOD IS WITHHELD IT WILL PERFORM A NEAT TRICK SUCH AS: DIE ANGRY.

THATS PRETTY MUCH IT.

Mapparu
Sep 22, 2013

do you dogs make webs like the ones in the pictures you are showing us? do you need to clean those out after awhile?

Arriviste
Sep 10, 2010

Gather. Grok. Create.

Now pick up what you can
and run.

Tasty_Crayon posted:

THEY WERE SO GRATEFUL FOR YOUR HELP THEY DEDICATED THEIR CHILDREN AND CHILDRENS CHILDREN TO YOUR SERVITUDE: TO EAT A SILVERFISH, A FRUIT FLY, A MOSQUITO.

Yes! Visitors used to offer to or attempt to kill the dog guarding my kitchen nightlight whenever they noticed the pretty array of enemy corpses strung around it. Dog was a better, smarter guest, IMO.

watchoutitsabear
Sep 8, 2011

Tasty_Crayon posted:

A DOG WILL WORK FOR A FOOD. WHICH IS TO SAY, IT WILL WAIT FOR A FOOD AND IF THE FOOD IS WITHHELD IT WILL PERFORM A NEAT TRICK SUCH AS: DIE ANGRY.

THATS PRETTY MUCH IT.

Well drat, there goes my plan of forming a pro volleyball dog team!

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
Hey, what's a good dog for the first-time dog owner?

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

uhhh.... hey baby

Gay Abortions
Dec 12, 2007

Dr Cheeto posted:

Hey, what's a good dog for the first-time dog owner?

My first-time dog was a Chaco G. pulchripesolden Retriever and she was super mellow and did super great even being raised from a puppy but then I misinterpreted her digging around and stress as continuing from the time the very large furbeast got next to her and stole a couple of her cats and didn't realize she needed a bit more room to wriggle out of her skinny jeans so I guess what I'm saying is Golden Retrievers and their similar friends (there's one that's all black! and there's the pink one from earlier in the thread! very pretty!) are good first dogs but you need to make sure you give them the right amount of space and stuff. Also probably should start with an adult lady instead of a puppy. And definitely keep large furbeasts away.

I miss my dog :(

Tasty_Crayon
Jul 29, 2006

A Spider Covets posted:

uhhh.... hey baby

THATS MY NIECE YOU loving PERVERT

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

This is someones fetish isn't it.

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

Tasty_Crayon posted:

THATS MY NIECE YOU loving PERVERT

poo poo shist poo poo im sorry man i didnt know gently caress uhhhhh ill just be in my web

Maully Millions
Aug 10, 2014

Inappropriate.

A Dog Covets posted:

poo poo shist poo poo im sorry man i didnt know gently caress uhhhhh ill just be in my web

That dog really covets, doesn't he?

Rhjamiz
Oct 28, 2007

This looks like my kind of thread!

Enfys
Feb 17, 2013

The ocean is calling and I must go

~a rival appears~

Mapparu
Sep 22, 2013

A Spider Covets posted:

toplitzin
Jun 13, 2003

Dogs are so considerate; this one appears to have brought enough snack to share.

Mapparu
Sep 22, 2013

:kimchi: How thoughtful!

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.
I once had a dog who lived in my bathroom. It built a nice home around the nightlight and chilled out in the electrical outlet most of the time. Then one day someone killed it and I yelled at them.

HEY GUNS
Oct 11, 2012

FOPTIMUS PRIME
A new species of dog has been discovered:
http://imgur.com/gallery/w9wIu

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
Blue Waggler is clearly the correct name.

Tasty_Crayon
Jul 29, 2006

IM SORRY BUT THAT IS CLEARLY A MIYAZAKI DOODLE.

Mapparu
Sep 22, 2013

lol the bluefaces look like they are doing flag singals

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

i love it when dogs do the mating dances, it's the best, like a cabaret show

Tasoth
Dec 13, 2011
Whenever I see the dance, I just hear 'HEY! HEY! LOOK OVER HERE! HEY!' the entire time. Poor little guy just wants some attention.

Arriviste
Sep 10, 2010

Gather. Grok. Create.

Now pick up what you can
and run.
An industrious (and possibly drunk) dog made a thing on one of my hummingbird feeders. Hope it's not a bird dog.
:ohdear:

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

Arriviste posted:

An industrious (and possibly drunk) dog made a thing on one of my hummingbird feeders. Hope it's not a bird dog.
:ohdear:
It's really hard to see what's going on here

Arriviste
Sep 10, 2010

Gather. Grok. Create.

Now pick up what you can
and run.

Dr Cheeto posted:

It's really hard to see what's going on here

Here's a brighter shot:

edit: Finally saw the maker of the crazy web. Meet Tegenaria domestica, the barn funnel weaver.

Eat, eat, EAT, my pretty.

Arriviste fucked around with this message at 06:51 on May 18, 2015

pikabelle
Nov 23, 2012
Is that a bird dog?

Can hummingbirds and that kind of dog live in harmony if it isn't a bird dog?

Cannon_Fodder
Jul 17, 2007

"Hey, where did Steve go?"
Design by Kamoc

pikabelle posted:

Is that a bird dog?

Can hummingbirds and that kind of dog live in harmony if it isn't a bird dog?

That little doggy is probably not in the birding business. They're just buds. They chill 'n' poo poo.

pikabelle
Nov 23, 2012
That's what I thought, but I'm not a dog expert. Hummingbird Dog party!

ApathyGirl
Aug 24, 2013

Cannon_Fodder posted:

That little doggy is probably not in the birding business. They're just buds. They chill 'n' poo poo.

Hummingbirbs be hella cool with all kinds of pets.

Nerwign
Dec 7, 2012

No hats were used in the taking of our recent photos.

Tasty_Crayon
Jul 29, 2006

A DOG WORKS VERY HARD FOR HIS NEW CLOTHINGS! AN EXAMPLE:

Tasty_Crayon
Jul 29, 2006

A DOG ALSO HAS A VIDEO BUT MOVIE MAKER IS HARD.

vaguely
Apr 29, 2013

hot_squirting_honey.gif

what a determined little dog, good job friend! :kimchi:

khy
Aug 15, 2005

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

:kingsley: :flame:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stick Insect
Oct 24, 2010

My enemies are many.

My equals are none.
Fascinating, so regular dogs do not get fresh new legs when they shed.

Lesser-legged dogs tend to, which is why it's fine for them to lose one or two when rough housing or whatnot.

Stick Insect fucked around with this message at 21:24 on Jul 31, 2015

• Locked thread