Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

SilverSupernova posted:

Any chance of a goon stamina smash?

*shudders*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
I had fun with like. idr, 10% fox vs. fox stamina matches once?

The T
May 29, 2010

A sufficiently chaotic system is maximally fair.

SilverSupernova posted:

Any chance of a goon stamina smash?

I'd be down for this. (items on)

The T fucked around with this message at 22:27 on Jul 31, 2015

Rich Uncle Chet
Jan 20, 2005

The Law? Law is a Human Institution.

Were we supposed to get some kind of Mini-Direct to go along with the update or was it just "Tourney Mode + Costumes + Stages now for Download?"

Fritzler
Sep 5, 2007

Anyone on 3DS want to get the bundle with me this time and split it? I've never gotten Mii costumes before, but I think will this time between Flying man/Chrom/Black Knight/K Rool

Fritzler fucked around with this message at 22:25 on Jul 31, 2015

The T
May 29, 2010

The T posted:

I was gonna join this but some idiot set it to Omega stages and no items, so I made a fixed one:

True Goonsmash
Password: stairs

I turned off the stages that suck. Feel free to bitch about my terrible stage choices.

Whoever JASON was, that was fun. Hopefully some other people will join this; off to go watch more SGDQ tho.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

The T posted:

Whoever JASON was, that was fun. Hopefully some other people will join this; off to go watch more SGDQ tho.

That was me! Good matches, all around. Sorry for attacking you while doing the opening taunt the first time!

The T
May 29, 2010

jivjov posted:

That was me! Good matches, all around. Sorry for attacking you while doing the opening taunt the first time!

Haha it's okay it was all in good fun. Also I think in one of the early matches I really beaned you when you were taunting.

The Manticore
Aug 23, 2008

Did you mean to make that post, or were you just pushing keys at random?

TheKingofSprings posted:

Is there any way to enter this information in from the gamepad

It should let you use the gamepad as the input device if you use it to navigate the menu.

The T posted:

I was gonna join this but some idiot set it to Omega stages and no items, so I made a fixed one:

True Goonsmash

I turned off the stages that suck. Feel free to bitch about my terrible stage choices.

Entered this.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

The T posted:

Haha it's okay it was all in good fun. Also I think in one of the early matches I really beaned you when you were taunting.

Yeah, I gave you an opening since I had smacked you during yours.

The T
May 29, 2010

jivjov posted:

Yeah, I gave you an opening since I had smacked you during yours.

Pfft you didn't have to!! :)

SL the Pyro
Jun 16, 2013

My soul cries out
with the desire to
FRACTURE
your puny spine.

what do you mean that hotkey disappeared

Rich Uncle Chet posted:

Were we supposed to get some kind of Mini-Direct to go along with the update or was it just "Tourney Mode + Costumes + Stages now for Download?"

There was a YouTube trailer for the third wave of Mii costumes, but that's it.

Lets Pickle
Jul 9, 2007

As a WFT main I am super pleased with these changes, especially the 2% on Sun Salutation. I noticed it last night while playing but thought it was because I had done Deep Breathing or something. That move is already VERY spammable, and 2% repeated can be a pretty big difference. I imagine I will probably see a lot more WFTs on For Glory for a while.

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

The T posted:

True Goonsmash

Hey Smash Goons, going to join this and will stay in the lobby for a bit :)

Waterfall of Salt
May 14, 2013

Ow, my eye
I'm sad that the Dr. Mario leak was fake. It's a really cool idea for a stage in theory. If there ever was a Dr Mario stage though, I'd like for this version of Fever to be in: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G01xY4w4-go

I would use that song on all my custom stages because I love it and am literally satan

Athropos
May 4, 2004

"Skeletons are Number One! Flesh just slows you down."
Did the share to youtube feature make it in this patch?

Maple Leaf
Aug 24, 2010

Let'en my post flyen true

Athropos posted:

Did the share to youtube feature make it in this patch?

It did. 720p 30fps, but there's a 3 minute time limit.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Smash is good. I like the mii fighters. Thank you, sakurai, for buffing Ike's up air. God bless.

Prowler
May 24, 2004

Maple Leaf posted:

And recorded evidence of me being an rear end in a top hat with Duck Hunt all gone due to incompatibility between versions.

Oh well.

I especially love the suicide can -> can -> can -> neutral or up-air to finish.

Fhate
Feb 15, 2007

"Appended to its own quotation is false" appended to its own quotation is false.
720p? yeck..
30fps? double yeck.

How unfortunate.

SL the Pyro
Jun 16, 2013

My soul cries out
with the desire to
FRACTURE
your puny spine.

what do you mean that hotkey disappeared

Maple Leaf posted:

I knew about the 3 minute time limit, but not the resolution limits. What the hell, Nintendo. :cripes:

Looks like my capture device still has a use after all.

The T
May 29, 2010

The T posted:

True Goonsmash

Anyone up for some Smashing?

The Manticore
Aug 23, 2008

The T posted:

Anyone up for some Smashing?

I'll smash a bro.

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

hi. i want to hold a proper 1v1 online tournament this sunday. customs off for now. who wants in. i'll start it at lets say 5 pm est for now. i want to try to make this a weekly thing, maybe do customs every other week. also if anyone would like to stream it thatd be cool too. full ruleset and bracket (once i add people) is here, and we can use the goonsmash irc to set up matches. reply to this if you want in, i'll be at work all day so i won't be able to add anyone until tonight. i don't have a strict end time set but the sooner we can finish the better, so please actually be available if you're going to sign up. thank you and have a blessed day

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

Hey this is a certainly dumb question but what happens when you buy a DLC Mii Fighter costume and then import it to another Wii. Does it just crap out a default costume? I would be interested in buying the Flying Man costume for my 3DS and then practicing with him to beat up some of my friends with Wii U's. I would pay the double price to do that but it seems like it would be limited to a single Wii U then.

The T
May 29, 2010

The Manticore posted:

I'll smash a bro.

You are too good at this game, you might want to consider getting worse.

The Manticore
Aug 23, 2008

The T posted:

You are too good at this game, you might want to consider getting worse.

I see I need more points to win. Not sure what I win but I must be getting close by now?

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

sharrrk posted:

hi. i want to hold a proper 1v1 online tournament this sunday. customs off for now. who wants in. i'll start it at lets say 5 pm est for now. i want to try to make this a weekly thing, maybe do customs every other week. also if anyone would like to stream it thatd be cool too. full ruleset and bracket (once i add people) is here, and we can use the goonsmash irc to set up matches. reply to this if you want in, i'll be at work all day so i won't be able to add anyone until tonight. i don't have a strict end time set but the sooner we can finish the better, so please actually be available if you're going to sign up. thank you and have a blessed day

:coolspot:

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Life as Samus is hard

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh

sharrrk posted:

I'm not very good but I'll. (nnid LazyMaybe)

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

Guy A. Person posted:

Hey this is a certainly dumb question but what happens when you buy a DLC Mii Fighter costume and then import it to another Wii. Does it just crap out a default costume? I would be interested in buying the Flying Man costume for my 3DS and then practicing with him to beat up some of my friends with Wii U's. I would pay the double price to do that but it seems like it would be limited to a single Wii U then.

If the other Wii U doesn't have that costume unlocked, then it will give you default pieces. That goes even for parts that they haven't unlocked during normal play.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Life as Samus is hard

Seriously why is this a feature and not a loving awful bug

Tonetta
Jul 9, 2013

look mother look at ME MOTHER MOTHER I AM A HOMESTIXK NOW

**methodically removes and eats own clothes*

TheKingofSprings posted:

Seriously why is this a feature and not a loving awful bug

Samus has very powerful zoning tools and her jab 1 has excellent frame data, it can be argued with a proper jab combo, she would be untouchable for most of the cast if played optimally. You can actually true combo jab 1 > bomb > jab 2 at any percent and at later percent jab 1 true combo's into cs. jab 1 > jab 2 true combo's (lol) after 45% on all the cast and as early as 25% on some of the slower/lighter characters.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

The T posted:

True Goonsmash

Hey who wants to Smash? I'm chilling in the lobby!

jivjov fucked around with this message at 00:34 on Aug 2, 2015

Sofia Coppola_OD_
Nov 1, 2004

If you are strong please add me y-h-w-h is my nnid. Thanks.

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

i added everyone so far who said they would play to the bracket. this is shaping up to be an epic 5 person tournament.

Glimm
Jul 27, 2005

Time is only gonna pass you by

sharrrk posted:

i added everyone so far who said they would play to the bracket. this is shaping up to be an epic 5 person tournament.

I should be able to make the tournament too! Sign me up please :D

Aston
Nov 19, 2007

Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay

sharrrk posted:

i'll start it at lets say 5 pm est for now.

why do you hate me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Have they just been steadily improving CPU behavior or did CPU Ness always do down throw fair fair combos.

Also I got the Heihachi mii (never got a mii costume before) And sometimes when he hits opponents the Tekken sparks pop up but only sometimes?

• Locked thread