Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

E: misread a post

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

Tremendous Taste posted:

Would you consider pulling someone in a wagon sex if the other person derived sexual pleasure from it?

Yeah, kinda, I mean assuming you are talking BDSM stuff I think broadly it could apply and a lot of the emotional elements remain the same.

I mean sex is crazy because there are a lot of different ways about it and different things that need to get addressed.

I'd say that pegging is sex, yeah, but like, also, you don't need to worry about STDs so probably not from the medical end and all.

Pegging is definitely sex and pretty rad though.

The Carpet Shark
Sep 2, 2014

:coolfish:

Quidnose posted:

If we both were turned on and enjoying the activity from a sexual standpoint sure why not?

This is the definition I go by for sure. I guess I tend to think of someone coming due at least in part to someone else's contact as my 'official' sex definition but I think sex involves such a massive multitude of things that summing it up as 'dick in anus or vagina' is absurd and stupid, and I figure lots of people have lots of different definitions for it. v0v

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

preface all my posts with this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X58g1HKxXPo

The Carpet Shark
Sep 2, 2014

:v:

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

For those who feel the wagon example is sex, would that sexual pleasure have to be mutual?

The Carpet Shark
Sep 2, 2014

Tremendous Taste posted:

For those who feel the wagon example is sex, would that sexual pleasure have to be mutual?

IMO, yeah.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Tremendous Taste posted:

If not it'd be wagon rape.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Under that classification, then, me jacking off while watching someone pleasure themselves is "sex"

At that point why even use the word at all

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Hmm, idk about that. They'd both have to consider it sexual I think, even if they're not both getting the same thing out of it

TMMadman posted:

That's more a consent issue than a pleasure one

The Carpet Shark
Sep 2, 2014

TMMadman posted:

Well I mean, someone could want to do it because they want to make the other person feel good, and knowing this person had a wagon fetish. But they could also just not be gaining -sexual- pleasure from it. But then I wouldn't really consider that sexual intercourse so much as a sexual activity.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Actually a better, personal example

Some years ago a girl I was sleeping with would text me when she was going to have sex with her boyfriend. She would tell me she was thinking about me, and tell me to masturbate thinking about her.

Did we have sex?

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Tremendous Taste posted:

Under that classification, then, me jacking off while watching someone pleasure themselves is "sex"

I think if you were both involved with the thing then yeah mutual masturbation would be sex.

In your opinion what is the difference between sex and a sex act?

The Carpet Shark
Sep 2, 2014

Tremendous Taste posted:

Well like I said, personally I consider pleasurable physical contact with each other to be involved, otherwise I'd call that 'mutual masturbation'.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Sex act is any physical action performed to derive sexual pleasure

"Sex" is a subset which focuses on mutual physical stimulation using the physical body

Imo

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Tremendous Taste posted:

Some years ago a girl I was sleeping with would text me when she was going to have sex with her boyfriend. She would tell me she was thinking about me, and tell me to masturbate thinking about her.

Did we have sex?

I think you sort of have to be both in the same place and interacting with each other in some way

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

I think you sort of have to be both in the same place and interacting with each other in some way

If the actual human body isn't necessary, why is location?

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

I'd accept a definition of sex that specified physical stimulation, not seeing how that removes pegging from the running.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

But what about phone/cyber sex?

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

I mean I think the thing is that, outside of a medical situation where exchange of bodily fluids happen, it doesn't really matter much.

Two people saying that shaking hands with each other is sex is okay by me.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Stand down, men! It's only smooching!

"SEXUAL INTERCOURSE

Definition 1: "Sexual intercourse" means vaginal intercourse, anal intercourse, fellatio or cunnilingus between persons regardless of sex. Its meaning is limited to persons not married to each other. Penetration, however slight, is sufficient to complete vaginal intercourse, anal intercourse or fellatio and does not require emission of semen. Penetration may be committed by an object manipulated by the actor into the genital or anal opening of the complainant's body."

Legal definition. Argument over for us weird creepy nerds.

Let's go back to not making everyone who isn't us in this thread potentially uncomfortable as there are probably better places to have this debate~

(It's me I'm the holier than thou thread police)

The Carpet Shark
Sep 2, 2014

Tremendous Taste posted:

Sex act is any physical action performed to derive sexual pleasure

"Sex" is a subset which focuses on mutual physical stimulation using the physical body

Imo

I agree with that. I think if you're in the same place it doesn't have to be directly your body though, like with the whole pegging issue I think directly manipulating a tool to give someone pleasure, and probably feeling the physical effect of that in return can be sex.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Tremendous Taste posted:

If the actual human body isn't necessary, why is location?

This is a good point, the interaction is important, not the location in that definition.

But I also think the physical contact route is working better as a definition.

The Carpet Shark
Sep 2, 2014

Quidnose posted:

"SEXUAL INTERCOURSE

Definition 1: Its meaning is limited to persons not married to each other.

What?!

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

I recognize that people's definitions are personal, of course, I just felt this was an interesting discussion between j and myself and wanted to share

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Quidnose posted:

"SEXUAL INTERCOURSE

Definition 1: "Sexual intercourse" means vaginal intercourse, anal intercourse, fellatio or cunnilingus between persons regardless of sex. Its meaning is limited to persons not married to each other. Penetration, however slight, is sufficient to complete vaginal intercourse, anal intercourse or fellatio and does not require emission of semen. Penetration may be committed by an object manipulated by the actor into the genital or anal opening of the complainant's body."

Legal definition. Argument over for us weird creepy nerds.

Let's go back to not making everyone who isn't us in this thread potentially uncomfortable as there are probably better places to have this debate~

We're not talking about "intercourse" thanks for the dictionary

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

preface all my posts with this

Quidnose posted:

Hurm.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Yeah I have no idea what the deal with that is, it's from Connecticut so maybe their law is outdated.

The Carpet Shark
Sep 2, 2014

Tremendous Taste posted:

I recognize that people's definitions are personal, of course, I just felt this was an interesting discussion between j and myself and wanted to share

I enjoyed this discussion. Interesting stuff.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Once you get married you stop having sex.

Duh.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

We're not talking about "intercourse" thanks for the dictionary

Question: "How do you define sex"
Response to Definition: "How dare you post a definition from the law"

Get out of here MMM :argh:

Also people can keep talking about it if they want I'm not your mom

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Don't make me turn this mafia thread around!

The Carpet Shark
Sep 2, 2014

Quidnose posted:

Get out of here MMM :argh:

Also people can keep talking about it if they want I'm not your mom

The problem with dictionary definitions and law definitions is that they are culturally and socially influenced, and also different places have different laws. Although I know you just posted it to shut us up, ha.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Quidnose posted:

It's just that people always bring up the definition of intercourse as connected to am official sex definition but I think the two are related but distinct things. If that makes sense.

The Carpet Shark
Sep 2, 2014

Definitions can be really annoying mostly because people think they define things instead of things defining them, if that makes sense.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Taste what's your definition bud

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Of intercourse? I think for better or worse it's tied to "dick in a hole"

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

I'm proud of you, Bender. Sure, you lost. You lost bad. But the important thing is I beat up someone who hurt my feelings in high school.

Quidnose posted:

Mine too! What day?

29th.

Happy birthday!

EXAKT Science posted:

happy birthday f_v!

Thanks

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Tremendous Taste posted:

Of intercourse? I think for better or worse it's tied to "dick in a hole"

So then lesbians can never have intercourse?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Tremendous Taste posted:

Did we have sex?

u got cyber cuck'd