Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Liberatore
Nov 16, 2010

Would you like
to know more?

When (that's no) moon hits this guy like a big Twi'lek guy: Liberatore!
That's weird. Don't think I could stand not being able to dodge forward, but YMMV.

wjs5 posted:

Excellent! I didnt really want to be hired and I figured that was the best way to ensure it.

Sounds like you actually want to get hired!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Melanion
Jun 7, 2011

heard the walls are paper thin from where you are to where I am
Keybindings in general need improvement but the game REALLY needs a way to rebind the 'target party members' keys. I have giant truckasaurus hands and it's still annoying to reach up to the F keys to shield/buff bad pubbies. Ideally there'd be keybinds for cycling forward and backward through group members so I could bind that poo poo to mouse buttons.

futile
May 18, 2009

Liberatore posted:

That's weird. Don't think I could stand not being able to dodge forward, but YMMV.
It's annoying but when you've been playing ESDF since quake there's no going back. You just turn your camera and dodge roll to the side. Gets pretty instinctive after a bit.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Couldn't you just double tap W anyway?

Howard Beale
Feb 22, 2001

It's like this, Peanut
This is your daily paladin reminder that the catacombs can go gently caress themselves.

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

http://massivelyop.com/2015/07/31/win-a-skyforge-gift-bundle-key-from-massively-op/

SFNAJ188JGN8NVEE

Free key looking for a home

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

Howard Beale posted:

This is your daily paladin reminder that the catacombs can go gently caress themselves.

Lanber Catacombs was the first real pubbie roadblock for me. Also any instance with mantides in general (what do you pubs not get about 'don't attack the one with the purple orb'?)

I pugged Daren Facility and regret it. We completed it after like 90 minutes. Ugh.

ZypherIM
Nov 8, 2010

"I want to see what she's in love with."

You can attack the purple orb all you want, just don't stand by it. I personally find lanber really easy overall, the only spot that ever feels rough is the very last pull.

Estraysian
Dec 29, 2008
SFNAJ1886TUZ9EHC

Promo key if anyone needs it.

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

ZypherIM posted:

You can attack the purple orb all you want, just don't stand by it. I personally find lanber really easy overall, the only spot that ever feels rough is the very last pull.

Hmmm maybe I'm the dumb tank. The instance in general is a cakewalk it's just the boss. Pubs ignore eggs or gets rocks dropped on their heads and then get hit by the aoe. The tell for the rockfall is so generous it makes me mad.

ZypherIM
Nov 8, 2010

"I want to see what she's in love with."

Well the last boss aoe is zonewide, you literally have to be behind the rocks or using a damage reflect ability. The normal mantides with the purple reflect orb have a pretty short radius. If your dps aren't going for eggs it can be rough, but even tanks can quickly kill 1 or 2 of them.

Beluga Snail
Jul 26, 2013

Well, am a refugee from Neverwinter at the moment and have heard good thing, so going to be trying out my hand at starter level Frozone and MMO KotL this weekend while skulking around Mumble. Have to say so far have absolutely loved how ridiculous the feel of the game is just in how you can get your character to look.

Also, ty to someone further up for the promo key, I assume that basically makes me an invicible killing machine for the next 14 days after which life will be hell, yes?

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:

FelixReynolds posted:

Well, am a refugee from Neverwinter at the moment and have heard good thing, so going to be trying out my hand at starter level Frozone and MMO KotL this weekend while skulking around Mumble. Have to say so far have absolutely loved how ridiculous the feel of the game is just in how you can get your character to look.

Also, ty to someone further up for the promo key, I assume that basically makes me an invicible killing machine for the next 14 days after which life will be hell, yes?

It increases the amount of drops you get by 50%, and lets you teleport around exploration zones for free.

Note that what replace experience points are a drop in this game.

Gealar
May 2, 2013

SettingSun posted:

Hmmm maybe I'm the dumb tank. The instance in general is a cakewalk it's just the boss. Pubs ignore eggs or gets rocks dropped on their heads and then get hit by the aoe. The tell for the rockfall is so generous it makes me mad.

I am not a fan of that boss fight either. People that could easily do the entire dungeon suddenly fail to move around or pay attention. If they cause a wipe more than twice I operate under the assumption they are not there and do it all myself as the tank. I don't care if it has 8 bars of health, you've died 3 times in a row to an incredibly easy to dodge effect, you have to wait the half hour it will take me to burn through all that health.

kojicolnair
Mar 18, 2009

Gealar posted:

I am not a fan of that boss fight either. People that could easily do the entire dungeon suddenly fail to move around or pay attention. If they cause a wipe more than twice I operate under the assumption they are not there and do it all myself as the tank. I don't care if it has 8 bars of health, you've died 3 times in a row to an incredibly easy to dodge effect, you have to wait the half hour it will take me to burn through all that health.

I had this happen to me today, one person just didn't understand that they had to go behind the rocks, even after 3 wipes. It seemed like a very obvious mechanic to me but what do I know.

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Safe and sound, detached from reality.
Just like your posting.
Just solo adventures if you're having such a hard time, it's not difficult.

Joust
Dec 7, 2007

No Ledges.

Morglon posted:

Just solo adventures if you're having such a hard time, it's not difficult.

This.

Drakes
Jul 18, 2007

Why my bullets no hit?

Stormgale posted:

I really wish my prestiege was much closer to the expected proficiency for the dungeons I am running.

Try gauging yourself by the amount of sparks a dungeon gives. If you've been running dungeons that give 80 sparks then head into one that has 250 sparks, well it maybe a bumpy ride there. Although I guess 5 mans are alittle skewed, but generally rougher difficulty wise if tank/supports haven't got a clue.

wjs5
Aug 22, 2009

Liberatore posted:

Sounds like you actually want to get hired!

I would have to do stuff if I was and that would be bad.

Liberatore
Nov 16, 2010

Would you like
to know more?

So the cyborg demon shrimp, the last boss of Port Usuni, has 20 bars of health.

It's not a long fight, though, as he doesn't have any shield/invul/reflect/hide behind poo poo mechanics.

This is one of the more interesting adventures I've done, in any case. And despite being rated at 25 minutes, it hasn't taken me longer than 17 even when I die repeatedly due to the imp thugs loving me up on Impossible.

Jimbosaurus
Feb 3, 2004
I believe in Jesus, our one Lord and GOD to be man's savior. Let us praise him at all times.
So, I just tried to use xpadder, and none of it worked. Not even a simple linking the mouse click to a controller button. I read a bit of the forums and found out they are blocking controller mapping from things like xpadder and joy to key. So that sucks. Guess I'll wait around a bit for in game controller support.

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC

gently caress you. Now I have to log on every day...

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

Liberatore posted:

So the cyborg demon shrimp, the last boss of Port Usuni, has 20 bars of health.

It's not a long fight, though, as he doesn't have any shield/invul/reflect/hide behind poo poo mechanics.

This is one of the more interesting adventures I've done, in any case. And despite being rated at 25 minutes, it hasn't taken me longer than 17 even when I die repeatedly due to the imp thugs loving me up on Impossible.

The adds. When he summons them they give you a massive damage buff for killing them in a short window. You are supposed to burst while you have the buff. You can see it in your screenshot with three stacks. Also the orange crystal buff means you are taking damage for being on the demon filth ground. Get it to turn green to stop taking damage.

Liberatore
Nov 16, 2010

Would you like
to know more?

Oh I see. No wonder that fight is so quick. And the demon filth doesn't do any significant damage, I just ignore it.

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

If you are gonna quit the game and you are in the guild then cash in all your argents and donate your bankroll to the guild and then leave. We are reaching another money crisis because these loving super structures are quite a big deal.

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Just like your posting.
Or just buy the smallest argent pack for the free mount and give that money to the guild. Or do whatever the gently caress you want with it because the free mount is a sweet deal and even though it rubs me the wrong way dropping some money for some extra ingame cash will actually benefit you when starting out.

Howard Beale
Feb 22, 2001

It's like this, Peanut

ZypherIM posted:

Well the last boss aoe is zonewide, you literally have to be behind the rocks or using a damage reflect ability. The normal mantides with the purple reflect orb have a pretty short radius. If your dps aren't going for eggs it can be rough, but even tanks can quickly kill 1 or 2 of them.

Soloing it as a paladin is just a big pain in the rear end. You can try for one or two eggs after the rocks drop, but then you have to deal with the adds you couldn't get and inevitably end up taking the AOE cone. I'm glad the story mission stuff all happened before the end boss so I could at least get that out of the way.

I just hit 2200 prestige so the catacombs are tough and the story mission at the monastery is three-star hard to me. There are four mantides just outside the monastery door giving me a hard time solo. Guess I'll grind other adventures and get my gear and sparks up a bit.

walruscat
Apr 27, 2013

Howard Beale posted:

Soloing it as a paladin is just a big pain in the rear end. You can try for one or two eggs after the rocks drop, but then you have to deal with the adds you couldn't get and inevitably end up taking the AOE cone. I'm glad the story mission stuff all happened before the end boss so I could at least get that out of the way.

I just hit 2200 prestige so the catacombs are tough and the story mission at the monastery is three-star hard to me. There are four mantides just outside the monastery door giving me a hard time solo. Guess I'll grind other adventures and get my gear and sparks up a bit.

I do it by doing that lightning bolt move on the first add which almost kills it, then do the charge move to it. Normally the second (or third one) is nearby. Do your LMB, RMB move on it and get the second one in the same move. Tends to work.

Jimlit
Jun 30, 2005

If there is room in the main guild or sombody started a second guild i'd like an invite:

in game: Jim Lit

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

Jimlit posted:

If there is room in the main guild or sombody started a second guild i'd like an invite:

in game: Jim Lit

Currently no space in the guild, though you really aren't missing much since we only have roster expanding stuff built and guild chat works once in a blue moon. Hopping in mumble is more effective for hanging with goons; if you really want in, go on mumble and start yelling at people to build drinkfist's house.

Liberatore
Nov 16, 2010

Would you like
to know more?

Captain McStabbin posted:

Currently no space in the guild, though you really aren't missing much since we only have roster expanding stuff built and guild chat works once in a blue moon. Hopping in mumble is more effective for hanging with goons; if you really want in, go on mumble and start yelling at people to build drinkfist's house.

That's not true anymore. We have pantheon bonuses now. They're small but add up to almost 200 prestige worth of stats, completely free. Additionally, those bonuses will eventually be improved with myrrh drops. And the best way to get myrrh drops, short of donating a lot of credits to the guild, is to run your daily myrrh drop 5-man dungeon with a full pantheon group.

In any case, we're not only building a new clan, but HyC and I have a spreadsheet where we track goons' prestige. On sunday, I will kick low prestige players who appear to have quit the game, freeing up some spots. If you joined the guild after July 26, you aren't being tracked yet and don't have to worry about being kicked by me.

Joust
Dec 7, 2007

No Ledges.

Howard Beale posted:

As Walrus said, save your range ability (4) for an egg and charge it if it doesn't kill it. If you're near multiple egss then using Scourge with Celestial Shield (2 then LLLR) on will kill any nearby eggs and Punishing Bolt with enough of your secondary resource available (LLR) should flatten any single egg.

With your monastery problem, most of your big damage is going to come from being hit by special attacks from the guys with Swords above their heads. There are tells for these abilities so while you're taking care of the ability user (Eyeball inside triangle) just keep an eye for big attacks and move out of the way/invul yourself.

Clairetic
Nov 3, 2008

I don't even know my own credit card information.

Liberatore posted:

They're small but add up to almost 200 prestige worth of stats, completely free. Additionally, those bonuses will eventually be improved with myrrh drops. And the best way to get myrrh drops, short of donating a lot of credits to the guild, is to run your daily myrrh drop 5-man dungeon with a full pantheon group.
Note - individual goons do still have to go into the 'bonuses' tab and click 'build' (which doesn't cost anything for rank 1) in order to turn these on for themselves.

Liberatore posted:

Anyway, I was wondering why the timing for dealing double crit Twilight Scourges as a Slayer was so tight; Apparently when you cancel out of an attack's animation, you can't deal damage during the time that animation would be playing. I find it easier to try to squeeze 5-6 Twilight Scourges during one Shadow Cloaking, which does less damage due to the critical damage buff wearing off, but is much easier to pull off. Fortunately with Berserker this is not an issue, as it will only stop the damage from the first two basic attacks.
I'm not sure I understand. Is it something like this?

TS1: dash cancel
TS2: let it play so that the animations will be over by the time you use TS3
TS3: does a billion damage but can be safely canceled
TS4: cancel
TS5: let it play
TS6: does a billion damage if you can make it happen before your 9 seconds are up

Liberatore
Nov 16, 2010

Would you like
to know more?

TS1: Cancel
TS2: Let it play
TS3: Cancel
TS4: Cancel
TS5: Let it play
TS6: Let it play, or not

That is the simplest way to do it. You need 3 cancels for the last Twilight Scourge to go off. The critical buff from one of the talents lasts 6 seconds, so if TS3 does say 35k damage, TS6 will do like 18k.

Clairetic
Nov 3, 2008

I don't even know my own credit card information.

Liberatore posted:

TS1: Cancel
TS2: Let it play
TS3: Cancel
TS4: Cancel
TS5: Let it play
TS6: Let it play, or not

That is the simplest way to do it. You need 3 cancels for the last Twilight Scourge to go off. The critical buff from one of the talents lasts 6 seconds, so if TS3 does say 35k damage, TS6 will do like 18k.

okay, that explains a bunch. Thanks.

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Just like your posting.
With no good wiki it would be nice if there was a section of the OP with more of the relevant information people have figured out, I see the proficiency chart is there but things like caps on stats and what to build for would be nice to have as a reference. That or someone could actually make a wiki.

Morglon fucked around with this message at 10:45 on Aug 1, 2015

Wolpertinger
Feb 16, 2011
edit: wrong thread

Liberatore
Nov 16, 2010

Would you like
to know more?

Morglon posted:

With no good wiki it would be nice if there was a section of the OP with more of the relevant information people have figured out, I see the proficiency chart is there but things like caps on stats and what to build for would be nice to have as a reference. That or someone could actually make a wiki.

gently caress making a wiki.

What to build for:

Luck/Strength, Crushing Blow > Crit. Chance/Accuracy
or
Luck/Valor, Crit. Chance > Temper

Other good offensive stats are Solidity and Ranged Damage. The best defensive stats are Endurance and Adaptation. Adaptation provides its listed damage reduction after 5 stacks (i.e. 5 hits), so by stacking both you take minimal damage during trash pulls.

Anything that mentions defense only works in PvP.

Liberatore fucked around with this message at 17:53 on Aug 1, 2015

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

Guild Information Update and current affairs.

Ok folks here is the current going on with the guild. As of yesterday we completed the Triumph Square which allows us access to some stat bonus increases for everyone in the guild for purchase (Currently we are at the base level so its free) in the Bonuses tab of the Pantheon menu.

This is what it looks like.

We are currently full at our player cap for the guild at 100 players. I refuse to loving believe that there are 100 of you motherfuckers actively playing the game. I will always suspect that many of you have played the game for a bit and then quit which is in fashion with all mmos on month one. To remedy this and make room for the people that are actually going to play this game for a longer haul HyC and Liberator are apparently working on some loving spreadsheet to monitor people's prestige in the guild as no interface will tell us when you have last logged in. Prestige is a good system for this because playing the game for fifteen minutes usually moves your prestige regardless if you are capped out or not. Things such at gear drops and order temples move that poo poo. I would also say that we only are focusing on monitoring the low prestige goons in the guild as they are the highest risk for bailing out on the game.

Regardless of how that method turns out we are still constructing more guild player cap increases for the guild. This is the current status of that building as of 8/1 at 12pm EST.

That building will increase the player cap of the guild by 10 slots upon completion.

Anyone unfamiliar to how this guild construction system works it is as follows.

Upon reaching 2050 prestige you will unlock access to your order which is essentially some browser timer mini-game. You manage your follower and temples with the reward of stat increases and specialized stat increases. Every eight hours you will be offered a guild mission that rewards construction points. People who are Premium members will reward 15 construction points upon success and those who are not premium will be rewarded 10. Failure of the mission will still reward construction points in the size of 5-7 points. Most of these guild construction missions favor engineers which will increase their success chance but we are still building some high end poo poo so the difficulty of the mission is much harder for low order level players.

The mission looks like this in your order menu.

So the guild size increases are entirely dependent on everyone logging in to do the mission every eight hours. As you can probably tell 3330 construction points are what is needed for the current build project and we have 100 goons in the guild. If everyone was doing this poo poo then it would be done much faster but instead we are in the middle ground of progress where we are getting it done but not very fast.

I suspect that sometime sunday we should have this building up and running and have more slots open for players as well as the previously mentioned goon nazi squad hunting down dead players in the guild.

Another factor that needs to be mentioned is Pantheon Credits.

Credits must be donated to the guild in the manner of getting players to hit the add funds button on the main screen of the guild and donating their in game credits currency to the guild. In return you will receive mirrah drops which are used for the guild buff rank ups, guild store, guild resistances and other garbage. I pushed for the construction of the guild HQ and Square so that more people would be inclined to dontate to the guild but that isn't going to bear fruit until the loving thing starts charging people as the base level square is free and the guild store thing is poo poo at rank 1.

Here is the button you need to press to donate.

Here is what we need donations for.

As you can probably tell the guild requires that motherfuckers donate so we can keep doing thease build project and progress the guild size and usefulness. We are also going to need to access the resistances for end game bullshit as well as distortions are a guild only raid thing that we need to build a thing to access.

Previously we survived on goon whales making it rain on us in times when I call for this loving bake sale but I suspect that those whales have poo poo for a bankroll now and cant afford doing this poo poo anymore. Pubbie guild deal with this issue by taxing the players in their guild to donate a certain amount each week. I don't intend to open that can of worms so Ill continue bitching in this thread about the issue and then do the whole talking to babies about why we can't have nice things because they cost loving money.

There you have it.

Edit: If all of this didn't make it loving clear. Build my loving house you poo poo goons.

Edit: If you came here from the OP Link then turn around.

Drinkfist fucked around with this message at 23:57 on Aug 6, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

I linked this video in the mumble chat and CTS mumble died.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nwrzYrpCHz0

Coincidence? I think not. Server can't handle Final Flash.

• Locked thread