Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
I could've sworn they were having a maintenance next week to fix the bug where collectible fish were using twice as much bait when caught.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sarrisan
Oct 9, 2012

cheesetriangles posted:

Well gently caress.

You're not a 100% doomed. I wake up at 3am pacific for work and the server was open on some random day. That was before HW, mind you, but there's always a chance if you log in and refresh the list every now and again for an hour or two you'l catch a window.

My advice is to go into the character editor, make your fav setup, and then save it. Then you can hop onto the server in seconds, instead of having it close before you finish character creation (Not sure if that's possible but w/e).

You could also make a character somewhere else and then after 72 hours spend 18 bucks to transfer. It's, uh, probably not worth it, though I will say that I would never have made it to level 50 without goons. You may find some random fc full of cool people, but it's a bit of a crapshoot.

terrified of my bathroom
Jan 24, 2014

GAY BOATS

Eej posted:

I could've sworn they were having a maintenance next week to fix the bug where collectible fish were using twice as much bait when caught.

They almost certainly are, but they haven't announced a time for it yet.

vOv
Feb 8, 2014

Considering that $18 is about a month's subscription, I definitely think it's worth it if you can't create a character right after maintenance. Especially considering you're already on a forum where you literally paid $10 to join.

more like dICK
Feb 15, 2010

This is inevitable.
Please add this to the OP https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9OEw8qAoNT8

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

Geez, you are living the fantasy.

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Blame it on the misfortune of your bark!
Fun Shoe

hahah what

where the hell did this air?

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

Kuvo posted:

hahah what

where the hell did this air?

It played for a like a week or two when it came out, much like the wow commercials.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

vanbags
Dec 6, 2003

An ape.
I guess I missed it posted, but what was the big ban wave about? Gil sellers or are they finally responding to bots?

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

I can't avoid filling a game with awful memes, even if I want to. It's in my bones...!

This thread is extremely close to just devolving into constant :vince:.

And I know I'm not helping, 'cause holy god :vince:

HelloPlatypus
Apr 2, 2010

GIRL
SHE'S A GIRL
OBVIOUSLY JUST LOOK AT HER

It works.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

When I started playing I instantly grew a neckbeard so it's pretty accurate.

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

I'm gonna sit here all night refreshing the server selection every 3 minutes while I play my 3ds and hope for the best.

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

I can't avoid filling a game with awful memes, even if I want to. It's in my bones...!

cheesetriangles posted:

I'm gonna sit here all night refreshing the server selection every 3 minutes while I play my 3ds and hope for the best.

Don't bother for another six hours or so. That's about when it will definitely open up.

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

Okay well I will be awake then so sounds good.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

This is definitely my favorite glamour so far. The Seal Rock boots were the key.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!

Fister Roboto posted:

This is definitely my favorite glamour so far. The Seal Rock boots were the key.

What are all the pieces to that one?

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010
Do I have to do fracture as a drg? Please say no.

Burger McAngus
May 24, 2010

Holyshoot posted:

Do I have to do fracture as a drg? Please say no.

Last I checked it was a dps loss.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Hey anyone registering a new account please use this code for your referral (before you buy the game), you get cool Silver Chocobo Feathers that can be cashed in for suits of cool looking armor (good for sets from Foestrikers all the way up through Ironworks) that is good for transmogrification as well as being good for leveling.

4EE5NV6B

Etrips
Nov 9, 2004

Having Teemo Problems?
I Feel Bad For You, Son.
I Got 99 Shrooms
And You Just Hit One.

orange juche posted:

Hey anyone registering a new account please use this code for your referral (before you buy the game), you get cool Silver Chocobo Feathers that can be cashed in for suits of cool looking armor (good for sets from Foestrikers all the way up through Ironworks) that is good for transmogrification as well as being good for leveling.

4EE5NV6B

We have a thread for that.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3726688

Velveteen
Sep 17, 2011

I'm the type of pony everypony should know
Whats up with the Au Ra? I'm at the churning mists already in the Heavensward story and I have yet to see one of the elusive new race to Eorzea. Besides the one NPC (who we haven't heard of for the past 5 levels) we've seen no other Au Ra are around. All we ever meet are Ishgardians and dragons and moogles. I'm just curious how the game explains the sudden explosion of Au Ra players. Do they show up later in the story?

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
All player characters are immigrants to Eorzea so basically the player/adventurer Au Ra have been there this entire time.

Doublestep
Sep 8, 2013

Keep on keeping on!
I still don't get how thr immigrant thing is supposed to make sense for Elezen or Hyur

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

I really wish more people would log off so I could make my character.

The Chairman
Jun 30, 2003

But you forget, mon ami, that there is evil everywhere under the sun

Doublestep posted:

I still don't get how thr immigrant thing is supposed to make sense for Elezen or Hyur

You're from some podunk settlement like Silver Bazaar or Hyrstmill and you start the game making a cart trip to the big city

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Mordiceius posted:

What are all the pieces to that one?

That's the Shirt of Fending (from Tailfeather), Forager's Slops, Field Commander's Boots, and one of the 51+ crafting hats you can find on the marketboard.

The saddest thing: I did an A4 with him and he wasn't all that great.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

cheesetriangles posted:

I really wish more people would log off so I could make my character.

Who else is going to guard the fc house if I don't stand AFK in front of it?

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah do believe Ah've got the vapors...
Ah mean the farts

I did the free trial. Then I bought the base game on steam. I didn't want to reinstall it so I just copied the code over to my mogstation account.

Fine, I'm hooked. You got me. I bought the upgrade, and nothing happened. I want to do the same thing, I want to copy over the cd key to the mogstation account and continue playing on the already installed not steam-overlayed version, the one that doesn't snitch on me to everyone I know how loving shamefully I'm playing this game, but the only number in my confirmation email is my purchase confirmation number.

Where the hell is the cd key for the expansion? I'm rightclicking and looking at all these menus and it clearly has a check mark on the "owns heavensward" but goddamn it I don't want to spend all day uninstalling and reinstalling games. Just give me the key. Where is the key?

Why the more I google this the more red flags pop up about incompatible versions and if you made the account not through steam you're hosed wholesale?

Krinkle fucked around with this message at 16:39 on Aug 1, 2015

aegof
Mar 2, 2011

If you buy the main game on Steam you have to buy the expansion on Steam to use it. Also if you free trial on Steam you have to buy on Steam to use your free trial character(s).

LornMarkus
Nov 8, 2011

Krinkle posted:

I did the free trial. Then I bought the base game on steam. I didn't want to reinstall it so I just copied the code over to my mogstation account.

Fine, I'm hooked. You got me. I bought the upgrade, and nothing happened. I want to do the same thing, I want to copy over the cd key to the mogstation account and continue playing on the already installed not steam-overlayed version, the one that doesn't snitch on me to everyone I know how loving shamefully I'm playing this game, but the only number in my confirmation email is my purchase confirmation number.

Where the hell is the cd key for the expansion? I'm rightclicking and looking at all these menus and it clearly has a check mark on the "owns heavensward" but goddamn it I don't want to spend all day uninstalling and reinstalling games. Just give me the key. Where is the key?

Why the more I google this the more red flags pop up about incompatible versions and if you made the account not through steam you're hosed wholesale?

Imagine, if you will, that Steam is a tyrannical dictator. He's happy to let you come to his country, but you can never leave once you do.

Cuteness aside, if you base game was bought on Steam then you must forever play on Steam and if you bought Heavensward from anywhere else then you just wasted your money.

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah do believe Ah've got the vapors...
Ah mean the farts

But I did the free trial off steam, and used the steam key to unlock the full game. There were no problems at this point. Where the hell is my cd key.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Krinkle posted:

But I did the free trial off steam, and used the steam key to unlock the full game. There were no problems at this point. Where the hell is my cd key.

After FF14 and Heavensward are both installed on Steam, you can find the CD key by right-clicking on it in the Steam menu. You can continue to play on the free trial client, if you want.

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo

Krinkle posted:

nowyoufuckedup.gif

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

Doublestep posted:

Do we have any reason to believe there aren't Elezen or Hyur in Othard/Aldenard who could have immigrated to Eorzea?

The Domans are Hyur and they're from Othard. :shrug:

nuru
Oct 10, 2012

You can launch the Steam version directly from the install directory if you don't want Steam to log your FFXIV hours or provide an overlay. But basically if you have a Steam version you're using the Steam version forever. If I'm reading you right though, you're trying to upgrade a not-steam version with a steam version, and that won't work.

TBH the steam version is not really an issue at all aside from missing out on expansion sales on places like GMG.

nuru fucked around with this message at 17:55 on Aug 1, 2015

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Captain Oblivious posted:

Do we have any reason to believe there aren't Elezen or Hyur in Othard/Aldenard who could have immigrated to Eorzea?

The Domans are Hyur and they're from Othard. :shrug:

There are also Doman Au Ra, like Yugiri and that princess and her bodyguard from the ninja quests. It seems like most of the races are spread all over the world. The only ones we haven't seen are foreign Elezen, which makes sense since they're apparently the original inhabitants of Eorzea.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
What's the best way to get clusers these days? I got a miner at 49 (almost 50) and I see the silly timing on Mor Dhona nodes. Does it get better when I get up to 60?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kafziel
Nov 11, 2009

seiferguy posted:

What's the best way to get clusers these days? I got a miner at 49 (almost 50) and I see the silly timing on Mor Dhona nodes. Does it get better when I get up to 60?

Yes. Starting at 56, and jumping way up at 58 and again at 60, Aetherial Reduction gets you loads of clusters.

• Locked thread