Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬
What about a game mode where aircraft kills count toward victory points? Like each aircraft kill is +5 victory points for your team and -10 points for the enemy?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Magni
Apr 29, 2009

Servicio en Espanol posted:

Bombardment mission? Attackers have to do whatever damage to some island target, defenders have to stop them?

You'd have to really gently caress around with terrain and objective placement for that. Otherwise you get into matches with a Yamato or several on the attacker team just dunking 18in shells into the objective while still sitting in their own spawn area, with the rest of their BBs joining in a minute later from slightly outside the spawn.

Devorum
Jul 30, 2005

So....South Carolina or Kawachi as my first BB? I've heard horror stories about both of them.

I'm probably going to mainly stick to Crusiers, since I suck at DD's (of course, I've only piloted the Wickes and Sampson)...but I'd like to branch out to BB's at least a bit.

TehKeen
May 24, 2006

Maybe she's born with it.
Maybe it's
cosmoline.

SoCa, cause its not that bad plus the botes after it own.

Somebody Awful
Nov 27, 2011

BORN TO DIE
HAIG IS A FUCK
Kill Em All 1917
I am trench man
410,757,864,530 SHELLS FIRED

I just had the best round ever. Not because of anything I did, but because matchmaking put a Murmansk on the other side and a Clemson on his own team went "WALLET WARRIOR DETECTED" and torpedoed him at the start of the round.

Then the Clemson got TK'd by someone else, I defended our point, and we won.

AngrySpork
Nov 9, 2003

The most powerful voice in gaming

Sperglord Actual posted:

I just had the best round ever. Not because of anything I did, but because matchmaking put a Murmansk on the other side and a Clemson on his own team went "WALLET WARRIOR DETECTED" and torpedoed him at the start of the round.

yea, I reported him and submitted a ticket with the replay. His name was frumpylumps btw

Devorum
Jul 30, 2005

Sperglord Actual posted:

I love that me spending literally $3.50 makes me a Wallet Warrior (never been TK'd, but have been harassed), but someone paying for Premium doesn't.

This game, man.

22 Eargesplitten
Oct 10, 2010

I feel like some people are going Cato the Elder on carriers.

They just really need to balance it out, regardless of how unrealistic it is. Carriers made battleships obsolete, just like medium tanks turning into MBTs made heavy tanks obsolete. But heavies still have a place in WoT, or at least they did when I last played over a year ago.

Hagop
May 14, 2012

First one out of the Ranger gets a prize!
Does having a premium account get you a 4 man division?

DurosKlav
Jun 13, 2003

Enter your name pilot!

Devorum posted:

I love that me spending literally $3.50 makes me a Wallet Warrior (never been TK'd, but have been harassed), but someone paying for Premium doesn't.

This game, man.

For some reason the premium ships just make people frothing rage machines. Had one CV bitching nonstop every 3 seconds about an enemy simms and how he's a wallet warrior and a terrible player. Like I'm not even exaggerating it was just nonstop spam for a couple minutes about being a wallet warrior. After I died I looked up his stats and proceeded to laugh. He was sitting at under 900 xp a game average on all his carriers. Then me and the rest of the game had an even bigger laugh when he couldnt figure out how I was able to look at his stats while playing the game, alt tabbing seemed to be a mystery to him.

Hammerstein
May 6, 2005

YOU DON'T KNOW A DAMN THING ABOUT RACING !
Guess I will give this game another try. After the alpha, closed beta and being a ST for a time I really burnt out of it.

cheese
Jan 7, 2004

Shop around for doctors! Always fucking shop for doctors. Doctors are stupid assholes. And they get by because people are cowed by their mystical bullshit quality of being able to maintain a 3.0 GPA at some Guatemalan medical college for 3 semesters. Find one that makes sense.

22 Eargesplitten posted:

They just really need to balance it out, regardless of how unrealistic it is. Carriers made battleships obsolete, just like medium tanks turning into MBTs made heavy tanks obsolete. But heavies still have a place in WoT, or at least they did when I last played over a year ago.
The insult icing on the cake is that a stock CA or BB usually has all of its guns and armor, but just about every one has to go through at least 1 lovely early hull that is missing most of the elite AA. My stock Fuso isn't especially vulnerable to other gun ships, its uniquely vulnerable to CVs. Its stupid and uselessly punishing on non CVs.

Somebody Awful
Nov 27, 2011

BORN TO DIE
HAIG IS A FUCK
Kill Em All 1917
I am trench man
410,757,864,530 SHELLS FIRED

Gonna have enough money for another ship upgrade soon. Buy a Nicholas or go ahead and get a carrier?

Loan Dusty Road
Feb 27, 2007
Is this bonus XP already in effect?

rossmum
Dec 2, 2008

Cummander ross, reporting for duty!

:gooncamp:

Hagop posted:

Does having a premium account get you a 4 man division?

Nope. 3 is max, same as WoT and WoWP.

cock hero flux
Apr 17, 2011

22 Eargesplitten posted:

They either need to nerf torpedo bombers in some way or massively increase the reward you get for shooting down planes so that people will actually do it.

22 Eargesplitten
Oct 10, 2010

Devorum posted:

So....South Carolina or Kawachi as my first BB? I've heard horror stories about both of them.

I'm probably going to mainly stick to Crusiers, since I suck at DD's (of course, I've only piloted the Wickes and Sampson)...but I'd like to branch out to BB's at least a bit.

Try the IJN DDs. You get 7+km torpedoes starting at T2, being able to poop out hail Mary spreads helps, even if a lot miss. Especially at low levels where most BBs don't weave or change speed at all.

Damn Dirty Ape
Jan 23, 2015

I love you Dr. Zaius

So I admit I'm not all that great at this game, and I'm even worse with DDs since I rarely use them. I typically either find myself the center of attention and get sunk quick, or I spend the whole mission chasing people because I chose one way and the other team chose the other way. Having said that, I just played a game with a Wickes were I was one of the lower tiered players. No problem, that seems to happen a lot. The map begins and I start zooming off some direction and within like 10 seconds some rear end in a top hat starts bitching to the team about me and how I need to learn to drive a DD (I'm literally like 2 km from my spawn and not really near anyone on my team). I go around an island and start to get mixed in when some other guy on my team starts complaining about how 'new DD players should have to play a tutorial and coop 20 times' ( I assume he's talking about me because the only other DD is dead). I ended up harassing enemy carriers and my team managed to win. I got garbage for points since a Murmansk sank both carriers before I could get close enough for my crappy American torpedoes to finish the job, but I capped a point at the end that ended up tilting the match in our favor.

Seriously, what is with some of the people playing this game? I see a lot more raging than I've ever seen in War Thunder. I think he was pissed that I didn't immediately charge for one of the capture points among a bunch of islands, but the other team had like 5 Japanese DDs that were all higher tier than me so I knew that would pretty much be suicide. I should have turned around and torpedoed his rear end (he was in a carrier of course, it seems like 90% of the bitching I see in this game comes from carrier captains).

Damn Dirty Ape fucked around with this message at 03:27 on Aug 1, 2015

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

I admit the Myogi drives me to rage, sometimes. It's just frustrating to play as.

Damn Dirty Ape
Jan 23, 2015

I love you Dr. Zaius

22 Eargesplitten posted:

Try the IJN DDs. You get 7+km torpedoes starting at T2, being able to poop out hail Mary spreads helps, even if a lot miss. Especially at low levels where most BBs don't weave or change speed at all.

Well, to be fair most South Carolina captains are probably going so slow you can't tell the difference anyway (and weaving in one? lol).

Perick
May 27, 2003
GoonGrrrls = Teh WIN
I'll admit, playing the Albany made me a friend tonight. I had killed 3 of the enemy team and was down to about 1100 hp, with an enemy Albany beached in front of me, firing on me. I figured I'd just go for a ram since I was going to die anyway since he was just under 1/2 health. So, I did and killed him... then a dude on my team loses his poo poo on me about how I was stupid for ramming. This is the guy who has 1 kill on the team. I laughed at him about taking internet warships so seriously...especially tier 2. He carried on for a good 5 minutes before rage quitting.

Guess I'll have to keep the Albany around awhile!

DurosKlav
Jun 13, 2003

Enter your name pilot!

The Colorado is doing a number on my sanity. Never have I had a ship whos shells miss so often. I'm Not even talking at max range its medium and shorter. Just had a game where I was fighting an Atlanta, at about 10-11km and all my shots were dead on for citadel hits and every single one of them went short or long. Talking about a good 16+ shells just missing, he wasnt even dodging much. Certainly wasnt the first drat time its happened either, its getting loving ridiculous, I've never had an issue with the battleship dispersion until this loving ship.

I've been saving up free xp since I started playing and was hoping to save it for something else down the line but I'm going to have to use it to rush through the 2 colorado hulls to get out of this poo poo box faster.

DurosKlav fucked around with this message at 03:53 on Aug 1, 2015

cheese
Jan 7, 2004

Shop around for doctors! Always fucking shop for doctors. Doctors are stupid assholes. And they get by because people are cowed by their mystical bullshit quality of being able to maintain a 3.0 GPA at some Guatemalan medical college for 3 semesters. Find one that makes sense.

DurosKlav posted:

The Colorado is doing a number on my sanity. Never have I had a ship whos shells miss so often. I'm Not even talking at max range its medium and shorter. Just had a game where I was fighting an Atlanta, at about 10-11km and all my shots were dead on for citadel hits and every single one of them went short or long. Talking about a good 16+ shells just missing, he wasnt even dodging much. Certainly wasnt the first drat time its happened either, its getting loving ridiculous, I've never had an issue with the battleship dispersion until this loving ship.

I've been saving up free xp since I started playing and was hoping to save it for something else down the line but I'm going to have to use it to rush through the 2 colorado hulls to get out of this poo poo box faster.
The Colorado and then the Furutaka are pretty much the two "might want to free XP this shitbag" ships AFAIK.

DurosKlav
Jun 13, 2003

Enter your name pilot!

cheese posted:

The Colorado and then the Furutaka are pretty much the two "might want to free XP this shitbag" ships AFAIK.

I just had a salvo, all lined up perfectly, almost no dispersion what so ever and I thought maybe I'll take a screenshot and show how bad this goes. Then I thought "NAH theres no way all these shots are going to miss, most of them are going to hit and I"m going to look like an idiot." All of them fell short and I'm kicking myself for not getting a screenshot.

JCFalkenberg
Jul 7, 2008
I finally got my Cleveland back. :hellyeah:

I'm never selling this drat thing, I may just stop on it and not bother with the peniscola.

JCFalkenberg fucked around with this message at 04:27 on Aug 1, 2015

CitizenKain
May 27, 2001

That was Gary Cooper, asshole.

Nap Ghost
I finally had a chance to use the Myogi the proper way, as a couple thousand ton battering ram into the side of a Wyoming. Wish I could have survived it, but I was down to around 10k health and he had over 30k. Took him with me though.

Michi88
Sep 15, 2012

Still a Pubbie Magnet
How does it work!?
:livintrope:
Welp, I only completely hate myself and the game after the grind, but here we are.... :911:
But hey, first game in it stock and I ran a train on another Iowa, a NC, and most of the enemy team for a win.

TehKeen
May 24, 2006

Maybe she's born with it.
Maybe it's
cosmoline.

That's a pretty boat. :allears:

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Sperglord Actual posted:

Gonna have enough money for another ship upgrade soon. Buy a Nicholas or go ahead and get a carrier?

Nicholas

cheese
Jan 7, 2004

The game doesn't know how to handle the 3x tier X divisons that are running around on the NA server. It seems to just throw in maybe one tier X on the other team and then just give them more tier 8's. Its not pretty lol.

Michi88
Sep 15, 2012

Still a Pubbie Magnet
How does it work!?

TehKeen posted:

That's a pretty boat. :allears:

Fights like a champ stock, can't wait to upgrade :fap:
Had a great triple kill, each turret killed something.

cheese
Jan 7, 2004

Just had a 12 citadel game in my Fuso. I think I'm starting to get the hang of this BB poo poo. Aim low, right at the water line. It seems like you can actually pen things with shots that land in the water.

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Everything's gonna be A-OK
Oven Wrangler
The Aoba is pretty good.

Krogort
Oct 27, 2013

Michi88 posted:

Fights like a champ stock, can't wait to upgrade :fap:
Had a great triple kill, each turret killed something.
And it has pretty good AA even on stock hull.
Upgrade the engines asap for ludicrous speed.

The fact that this ship come just after the Colorado make it feel extra awesome.
And the Iowa seems to be even better at everything, what's not to like.

Michi88
Sep 15, 2012

Still a Pubbie Magnet
How does it work!?

Krogort posted:

And it has pretty good AA even on stock hull.
Upgrade the engines asap for ludicrous speed.

The fact that this ship come just after the Colorado make it feel extra awesome.
And the Iowa seems to be even better at everything, what's not to like.

It is an Iowa :cheers:

Krogort
Oct 27, 2013
Nervermind I can't read and thought it was a North Carolina...

Also
https://eu.wargaming.net/shop/wows/signals/
Pretty drat expensive.

Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

Krogort posted:

Nervermind I can't read and thought it was a North Carolina...

Also
https://eu.wargaming.net/shop/wows/signals/
Pretty drat expensive.

You get 115 of each for 10 bucks. Ehhhh, not really that bad imho.

Krogort
Oct 27, 2013

Michaellaneous posted:

You get 115 of each for 10 bucks. Ehhhh, not really that bad imho.

Still better value than premium ships but compared to premium time it's expensive.
Well it's meant to be as it stack but still.

Checked russian store and prices are similar.

Sneaky Kettle
Jul 4, 2010
So what's the deal with being on fire at higher tiers? Lost eight out of ten games tonight, mostly in battleships, and I was on fire for literally the entire time. As in, this:

Forever.

Once, I actually survived and got Dreadnought and Fireproof. But these goddamn Atlantas and Myogis and whatever the hell just set you on fire, and keep you on fire and I don't particularly enjoy it after hours of that. They just chase after you lighting you on fire over and over, and if you try to charge them and close the distance, you just die that much faster because they out-DPM you. Or they torpedo you.

This is terribly discouraging for playing my new Fuso. :rant:

Sneaky Kettle fucked around with this message at 11:17 on Aug 1, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Sneaky Kettle posted:

So what's the deal with being on fire at higher tiers? Lost eight out of ten games tonight, mostly in battleships, and I was on fire for literally the entire time. As in, this:

Forever.

Once, I actually survived and got Dreadnought and Fireproof. But these goddamn Atlantas and Myogis and whatever the hell just set you on fire, and keep you on fire and I don't particularly enjoy it after hours of that. They just chase after you lighting you on fire over and over, and if you try to charge them and close the distance, you just die that much faster because they out-DPM you. Or they torpedo you.

This is terribly discouraging for playing my new Fuso. :rant:

Welcome to the HE meta.