Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Deep Hurting posted:

Also lol at "The BUSH RECOVERY." Wtf is he even talking about, there??

After 9/11 and the dotcom bubble, Bush sent the economy soaring to remarkable new heights and it stayed there until some Kenyan boy took office.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
So wait Planned Parenthood payed $50,000 to abort a fetus?

TheDarkFlame
May 4, 2013

You tell me I didn't build that?

I'll have you know I worked my fingers to the bone to get where I am today.

Redeye Flight posted:

If gridlock makes you late to work in Tehran it's not out of place to say "death to traffic" as opposed to, say, "gently caress traffic".
I love the phrasing of this. It's great. It's a shame we can't separate that phrasing from actual death threats in people's minds. I want to wish death upon inanimate objects, abstract concepts and minor inconveniences too.

Alkydere posted:

I'd seriously love to see exactly how long Tinsley would last working at Wally World or at a McJob.

That sort of news would be a gift to this thread, I don't think any of our regular worthless shits deserve to have a normal, unbearable everyday job as much as Tinsley does. I seriously think that for him, being unemployed would be a better fate than that.

Ahahaha wow. Mysterious lack of a #41 in this cartoon. And then The Bush Recovery. Sometimes Ramirez draws literal mountains of debt, cars careening off of cliffs and giant overwrought machinery, sometimes he goes gives up on reality and draws about how Obama did 9/11 and then said "Mission Accomplished".

Deep Hurting
Jan 19, 2006

At some point "satire" has to cross the line into libel territory.

T. Bombastus
Feb 18, 2013

Darkman Fanpage posted:

So wait Planned Parenthood payed $50,000 to abort a fetus?
They strapped a jar of strained peas to the hood of their car and used it to lure the fetus out of its protected womb into the open. I'm surprised you haven't heard, it's a big deal on social media.

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Bell just Googles it.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

What's this about Planned Parenthood being paid $50,000 dollars to abort a lion fetus in order to help the Bush Recovery?

alnilam
Nov 10, 2009

This is my favorite lion cartoon yet. It's just a simple "gently caress you" without trying to conflate it with anything else.

beepsandboops
Jan 28, 2014

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

A Thing Happened. Toyota is planning a $400M investment in their massive factory in Cambridge, Ontario, and the federal and provincial governments are spotting them $100M to try and win votes.

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

And here's that last Ramirez in color:

prinnylaharl
Feb 10, 2013

Hahaha holy poo poo I love this

Apple Pie Hubbub posted:

But you can gently caress right off with that

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

None of these three panels has any significant relation to either of the others.

colonel_korn
May 16, 2003

Hah, the B&W version was such a crosshatched piece of poo poo that I didn't even notice the little babby fetus. gently caress off Mike.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

Also, why are they up to their mid-thighs in mud/poo poo?

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

Shugojin posted:

Also, why are they up to their mid-thighs in mud/poo poo?

They're kneeling down to admire their kill, on the...muddy terrain.

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA
Some more avatars for ya'll:

I don't know why but I laughed hard at this. Probably the weird monkey face on Not-Simba.

Vox Valentine
May 31, 2013

Solving all of life's problems through enhanced casting of Occam's Razor. Reward yourself with an imaginary chalice.

Racism is a myth! Obamacare is a joke! We are all pawns, controlled by something greater: White American Jesus. The savior of the soul. He shapes our will. He is our culture. He is everything we pass on.

Wash away the anger.

Here I kneel upon the muddy, damp terrain.
The jungle's birdsong keeps looping the same refrain.
Wash away the blood until my forceps shine,
But I have just begun, can't stop with one this time.
Give us funding, bloody reaper,
With one flick of my knife.

The cash will flow, like an opened gate.
Don't sell these for cheap,
I will not let up until it's very clear
These lives will end, until the end of days,
As long as Dems have power.
This thought will never rest
Until our minds are clear,
When we have found this meme has disappeared.
The memes disappear.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Shugojin posted:

None of these three panels has any significant relation to either of the others.

Ma nishtana halaila hazeh?

Sandpuppy
Jun 16, 2012

Social Abscess
of the
Universe

colonel_korn posted:

Hah, the B&W version was such a crosshatched piece of poo poo that I didn't even notice the little babby fetus. gently caress off Mike.

I can't help but be slightly impressed that he drew a fetus as a fetus (I think?) instead of the eight year old children his colleagues tend to draw. Low expectations and all that.

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

I'm just glad he stopped complaining about cashiers

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

a... a joke?

toanoradian
May 31, 2011

The happiest waffligator

Sir Tonk posted:

How the hell would you do that to a drill press? That doesn't make any sense.

I dont know posted:

In the book, Rall sneaks into the school's shoproom and replaces the drill bit on that press with one that is crooked. Brian uses the drill press without clamping the sheet metal that he is drilling causing the metal to spin out and slice open his abdomen and he gets eviscerated. This plan hinges on 1) No one else using the drill press before Brian 2) Brian using that particular press 3) Brian not securing the sheet metal 4) Brian not examining the state of the machine prior to using it and probably a billion other little things. However, it works absolutely according to plan, because this is a fictional story and not something that ever happened.

Here's how it is portrayed in the book:

JaggerMcDagger posted:

NOTE: this post is from 2013, so you need Archives to access it.

I loathe his way of drawing eyes. Maybe that's how it works in the alternate comic book world, but I still hate it.

toanoradian fucked around with this message at 05:48 on Aug 1, 2015

Jurgan
May 8, 2007

Just pour it directly into your gaping mouth-hole you decadent slut

Rorus Raz posted:

In person he's apparently a decent guy. So, like most 14-year-olds, his self-absorbed, rear end in a top hat persona only exists on the internet.

And you can meet him in person if you bid in an auction to share a meal with him where he may not bother to talk to you!

Acropolis
Feb 21, 2014

You don't "Touche" your own rebuttal/weak burn, Muir, it's an acknowledgement of a hit being achieved against you. The rest of this cartoon doesn't merit a response.

Dr. Killjoy
Oct 9, 2012

:thunk::mason::brainworms::tinfoil::thunkher:
Linking to the 2013 thread just makes me miss Mary and Paul and Bloodnose :smith:.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Proof that Huma is an Islamist:

Kulkasha
Jan 15, 2010

But it was all right, everything was all right, the struggle was finished. He had won the victory over himself. He loved Likchenpa.
Britgoons - is Jeremy Corbyn an alright guy? The amount of bile directed his way makes it look like he's your Bernie Sanders or something.

beepsandboops
Jan 28, 2014
Rall killed alt-comix Bart Simpson???

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science

Tatum Girlparts posted:

Proof that Huma is an Islamist:

Funny name. Brown skin. Raised in Saudi Arabia.

Oh and she's also Muslim if that matters after the first three things.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

The loving balls you need to call other people lazy at their job.

.Edward Penischin
Jun 5, 2008

Yep. Just found it right here in the mud. Not attached to anything with a umbilical cord or nothing. Nope. Nosiree.

there wolf
Jan 11, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

Apple Pie Hubbub posted:

The implied message of this does not contrast the 'selling baby parts' narrative at all...

That Old Tree
Jun 24, 2012

nah

toanoradian posted:

Here's how it is portrayed in the book:

I loathe his way of drawing eyes. Maybe that's how it works in the alternate comic book world, but I still hate it.

That comic always made me feel like my eyes were hosed up because of the double-line thing going on.

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008
On top of all the other garbage that makes Ted Rall awful, his original sin is that he can't draw for poo poo. People can make good art that is intentionally hard to look at. His art sucks and everyone can tell at a primal level.

Edit: Ramirez is also terrible but is fine art in comparison.

I dont know
Aug 9, 2003

That Guy here...

Lemming posted:

On top of all the other garbage that makes Ted Rall awful, his original sin is that he can't draw for poo poo. People can make good art that is intentionally hard to look at. His art sucks and everyone can tell at a primal level.

I assume part of the reason he uses so many captions is that his art is so confusing and messy that it can't convey much of any information. Half the time, the captions just explaining what is going on in a particular panel, something that the art should be able to do on it's own.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Lemming posted:

Let's not go crazy here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

toanoradian
May 31, 2011

The happiest waffligator

beepsandboops posted:

Rall killed alt-comix Bart Simpson???

Here's some more attempts after he split Alt-Bart's gut, which is also written in those court transcripts.

JaggerMcDagger posted:

So after Rall disemboweled Brian and told him that he hoped he died, the principal called Rall into his office to whine at him and call him a pussy in his mind. No real punishment, though. Rall decided that the best way to handle Koff was to be "passive aggressive". Rall then demonstrates that he doesn't know what being passive aggressive means, but not before getting punched in the stomach again and called a fag (f count 11). Anyway, this happens next.

Passive aggressiveness.

JaggerMcDagger posted:

My Mutilation of Brian: Chapter 5
Life in the Passive-Aggressive Lane

So if you thought a 5-pound brick to the head dropped from two stories up would kill Brian, you haven't gotten the theme of the story yet.

Rall begins to fantasize

Rall eventually takes a paperboy job so he could throw papers through the Koff's windows, and then comes another one of the really good pages.

Proof that Rall does not know what the world moral means.

JaggerMcDagger posted:

Chapter 6
Final exam: D-Day

So over the summer, Rall hit puberty. In his own words, "I grew eight inches in three months, gained a dozen pounds, and picked up a girlfriend"
And so on the first day of high school, Rall was "surprised" when Brian punched him in the back of the head at his locker. Rall looks down at Brian, literally, because Rall is now bigger than him. Rall then fears that if he doesn't do some sort of retaliation, this will happen.

(that book would make a good avatar)
And so Rall responds appropriately.

That's not the final one in the book (he destroyed Brian's car and threw a brick through Brian's room window), but I figure this is enough Rall.

Palate cleanser:

Mister Beeg posted:

Here's my abridged version of Ted Rall's book.

(You have no idea how difficult it is to draw sucky on purpose)

• Locked thread