Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

shyduck posted:

:rip: Rowdy Roddy Piper. Cardiac arrest, 61 years old.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c9rrgJXfLns
:911:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

shyduck posted:

Off to the big timeshare in the sky.

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

WOKE UP IN THE DESERT AGAIN

EVA BRAUN BLOWJOBS posted:

get some black shoes jfc

get some style jfc

holocaust bloopers posted:

whered you go to

Men's Wearhouse. I liked their slim style stuff but if I'd gone that way it would've been the same price as going to Suit Supply, so I err'd on the side of frugality and proximity (it's like a 3 minute drive from me).

shyduck posted:

Heart Attack was the easy way out- Roddy had a lot of thinly-veiled racist bits back in the day. Had to ensure he'd stay enshrined.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Victor Vermis posted:

get some style jfc

Brown shoes don't go with grey suits. :colbert:

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av

I'm enough of a nerd that I googled this and it turns out GQ says it's cool to wear brown with grey.

e: I almost always let my wife pick out my clothes because im colorblind.

ManMythLegend
Aug 18, 2003

I don't believe in anything, I'm just here for the violence.

Look at this loving scrub.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

ManMythLegend posted:

Look at this loving scrub.

Dark grey goes to black, light grey goes black to darker brown leather shoes

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

quote:

There are big pay days, and then there's the stupendous amount of dough Amazon is allegedly paying Jeremy Clarkson, Richard Hammond, James May, and Andy Wilman to put together a new motoring show. A report from The Daily Mirror indicates the shipping giant and burgeoning broadcaster will pay the quartet $250 million to produce three, 12-episode seasons.

That deal positively dwarfs the $100 million Netflix paid for two, 13-episode seasons of its political hit, House of Cards, and proves that Amazon is deadly serious about developing a successful rival to the new, Chris Evans-led Top Gear.

Even at such a lofty price, the investment by Amazon seems safe. As we reported previously, the show will only be available to members of the company's Prime Instant Video streaming service, which in the United States costs $99 a year. With some 350 million viewers tuning in around the globe for the Clarkson/Hammond/May era of Top Gear, the deal has the potential to dramatically increase the number of Prime subscribers, which comes with free two-day shipping, Kindle book loans, and the Prime Music service on top of video streaming.

The show is slated to begin filming this fall, although there is some bad news for fans of a certain white-suited tame racing driver. According to The Sun, The Stig will not be joining his former co-stars on Amazon Prime. That, and a $99 a year fee, still seem like a small price to pay to see Clarkson, May, and Hammond back on the air, though.

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

Booblord Zagats posted:

It's a gray/light gray suit. Not charcoal. Brown shoes are fine.

More than fine. Supercool.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Victor Vermis posted:

It's a gray/light gray suit. Not charcoal. Brown shoes are fine.

More than fine. Supercool.

Yeah, they look fine. Just so long as they match your belt and watch band you're fine

ManMythLegend
Aug 18, 2003

I don't believe in anything, I'm just here for the violence.

Booblord Zagats posted:

I agree... :confused:

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

shyduck posted:

i have official records of me naming a space rocket after him

rip

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
I thought the brown shoes actually looked really good with the suit color.

The Stig is a character, which means the BBC owns the rights to him.

FiestaDePantalones
May 13, 2005

Kicked in the pants by TFLC
Hey so today I got a letter from the VA saying I needed to fill out a form 10-10EZR to enroll in the Department of Veterans Affairs health care system. I don't remember ever signing up for anything. What is this?

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

shyduck posted:

Welp, time to watch They Live.

Fakeedit: Oh hey top of the next page

:respek:

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

FiestaDePantalones posted:

Hey so today I got a letter from the VA saying I needed to fill out a form 10-10EZR to enroll in the Department of Veterans Affairs health care system. I don't remember ever signing up for anything. What is this?

When did you get out? You have every reason and incentive to enroll. Take care of that poo poo man.

FiestaDePantalones
May 13, 2005

Kicked in the pants by TFLC
I got out last September. What am I even enrolling in? I mean, I did my disability claim screening a couple of weeks ago. Does it have something to do with that?

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Where exactly are you at and what all have you done so far? I mean you did TRS/TAPS right? (Not that you really get much from those things) September? Lol you should have done all that poo poo long ago man!

Anyways I'm pretty sure that form is just to register with the VA so you can get an ID card and healthcare that you may be entitled to. That's all. And you'll want that for any disability issues down the line that might need treatment, and you might be entitled to the 5 years free healthcare or some healthcare benefits.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

I thought the brown shoes actually looked really good with the suit color.

It's not the Stig...it's his Amazonian Cousin!

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

i posted it more for the $250 million figure because goddamn

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

i posted it more for the $250 million figure because goddamn

I believe that figure includes salary and budgeting for the show itself. So yea, they're still making out very well.

Fucitol
May 8, 2005

Ceterum autem censeo mundum esse delendam

Memento, homo, quia pulvis es, et in pulverem reverteris
everyone shut the gently caress up about your dumb bullshit and look at this stupid thing.

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Technically I'm a gentrifier because I live in the same zip code as the university of Washington. Bunch of broke rear end college kids lowering the median to $25,000 apparently.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Fucitol posted:

everyone shut the gently caress up about your dumb bullshit and look at this stupid thing.

Not at all. I'm a poor.

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!
RIP Roddy Piper :(

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
You know, I just moved a couple of weeks ago into an apartment building and had to get Comcast for internet and cable. I had it about 5 years ago near Seattle and it wasn't particularly great.

However, after using any cable or internet service in Georgia, in comparison, Comcast is loving miraculous, cheap, and reliable. It's nice to have service that doesn't drop out at least 20 times a day for no reason, and dies for a while when there's a strong breeze or some thunder.

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av

Fucitol posted:

I'm a gentrifier and iirc my privilege level is "poo poo lord"

Fucitol
May 8, 2005

Ceterum autem censeo mundum esse delendam

Memento, homo, quia pulvis es, et in pulverem reverteris

Rad Lieutenant posted:

I'm a gentrifier and iirc my privilege level is "poo poo lord"

good work, here is your arcom/bsm

o7

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

I was showing support for your statement

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Fucitol posted:

Sorry for reducing the crime rate and increasing property values :rolleyes:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aEaw6ktxg-8

Lazy Reservist
Nov 30, 2005

FUBIJAR
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PpL3zDeKmNs
Chewing bubblegum and kicking rear end with the Macho Man.

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]

Fucitol posted:

Looks like I'm too poor, white mans burden...

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

Fucitol posted:

No, you aren't a gentrifier.
You aren't wealthy enough to be a gentrifier. Your income is less than the median income of your metropolitan area for your household type

drat

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

Fucitol posted:

Anyone who makes over 30,000 grand and lives near Tampa Bay is apparently a Gentrifier

:psyduck:

iyaayas01
Feb 19, 2010

Perry'd

Whoever suggested Black Mirror was on the money. Real Twilight Zone vibe to it.

WHITE BEAR

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

"Two and a half meters for each one of them!"

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
That video is awesome.

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D
Thinking about installing windows 10 on my laptop but i got a few questions.

laptops don't come with windows key codes since its all bios based. will that be a problem upgrading?

is there any way to go back to windows 8 if i don't have any install discs in the event windows 10 shits itself or something?

SquirrelyPSU
May 27, 2003

Cole posted:

Thinking about installing windows 10 on my laptop but i got a few questions.

laptops don't come with windows key codes since its all bios based. will that be a problem upgrading?

is there any way to go back to windows 8 if i don't have any install discs in the event windows 10 shits itself or something?

I didn't have to punch in poo poo. Just run the installer and come back in a couple hours. As far as your uninstalling question, no idea.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
I tried installing it on my laptop but it said my video card wasn't supported. Dicks.

• Locked thread