Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Maleketh posted:

Orochi Empires

Please Koei

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY

Wafflz posted:

Please Koei

Include the Korean Three Kingdoms

gently caress it, just go all out and make a Paradox game with Warriors combat, composing regions of the world from different time periods, Asoka V. Charlemagne V. Catherine the Great.

Raserys fucked around with this message at 03:17 on Aug 1, 2015

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice

Berserk Musou confirmed.

Brony Hunter
Dec 27, 2012

Motherfucking Mannis

They'll bend the knee or I'll destroy them

Jibo posted:

Berserk Musou confirmed.

That would be the greatest thing.

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Me llamo Sarah Brandolino, the eighth Castilian of this magnificent marriage.

Jibo posted:

Berserk Musou confirmed.

If you turn out to be right this could very well be earth shattering.

Or it could be another Orochi game. The look of the title card gives off a desolate aesthetic in keeping with those two games :shrug:

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice
I mean, if I were to think of entire worlds of fear and despair, that's the first one to come to mind.

Still hope for Orochi Empires though I guess.

Keeshhound
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Duck Swagger
When they said "not a Warriors game," I think they were going for something a little more tradition breaking than just "it's the same type of game, but it doesn't have warriors in the title!" It seems like they're trying to build hype for a new IP entirely.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Mario Warriors on mobile device

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice

Keeshhound posted:

When they said "not a Warriors game," I think they were going for something a little more tradition breaking than just "it's the same type of game, but it doesn't have warriors in the title!" It seems like they're trying to build hype for a new IP entirely.

Yeah but I think pretty much everyone would rather have a sequel to one of their dozen or so existing Warriors titles rather than see KT attempt to do something completely new.

But I think you're right and it's going to be a new not Warriors at all game.

Karasu Tengu
Feb 16, 2011

Humble Tengu Newspaper Reporter
Obviously it's a new Zill O'll game.

Keeshhound
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Duck Swagger

Jibo posted:

Yeah but I think pretty much everyone would rather have a sequel to one of their dozen or so existing Warriors titles rather than see KT attempt to do something completely new.

I dunno, I wouldn't mind seeing them take a crack at something new.

I mean, the warriors games are their cash cow; they're never going to stop making them, so what's the harm in them trying something else, just to see if they're any good at it?

Just as an example, the idea of Obsidian making a competitor to World of Tanks and War Thunder sounds really weird even now, but apparently Armored Warfare is looking pretty good, so breaking from the mold isn't always a bad idea.

Trollhawke
Jan 25, 2012

I'LL GET YOU THIS YEAR! EVEN IF I SAID THIS LAST YEAR TOOOOOO
God I love the smell of salty succubi in the morning
I'd laugh if it was a new Tokuden game.

But more likely, a non-musou Berserk game.

kissekatt
Apr 20, 2005

I have tasted the fruit.

I'm guessing a dating sim.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Davincie posted:

dynasty dating: the otome game

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

"Turn outs we were partnering with Spike-Chunsoft. Hope you guys are ready for Dangan Ronpa Musou."

Keeshhound
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Duck Swagger

ImpAtom posted:

"Turn outs we were partnering with Spike-Chunsoft. Hope you guys are ready for Dangan Ronpa Musou."

I don't even know what to think about that possibility. There'd be so. Much. PINK.

The GIG
Jun 28, 2011

Yeah, I say "Shit" a shit-ton of times. What of it, shithead?

ImpAtom posted:

"Play as Genocide Jill, but in an actually good game."

Chachi
Jan 7, 2006
Blue sparks and big fucking shells.

:dukedog:
My guess would be Attack on Titan, since it's supposed to have a new season and a movie coming out soon.

Please let me be wrong :negative:

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

That would be pretty terrible, unless it played like Toukiden I guess.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Koei Tecmo is big enough to get Dragon Quest dollars, I could see Attack on Titan being in their range now.

The Chad Jihad
Feb 24, 2007

An attack on titan game could be cool but it'd need to be fast as balls and super deadly; if I'm chipping away at a titans lifebar somebody hosed up

rodney mullenkamp
Nov 5, 2010

Sandlot is the only studio that could do an Attack on Titan game justice.

Chachi
Jan 7, 2006
Blue sparks and big fucking shells.

:dukedog:
Perhaps, but they should probably save their energy for a better IP.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

Omega Force asking the tough questions.

Also in Orochi related news: apparently Tecmo Koei's executive vice president said on Twitter that an Orochi 4 isn't in the works right now.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
A longshot dream would be Sengoku Basra X Samurai Warriors.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST

Policenaut posted:

Also in Orochi related news: apparently Tecmo Koei's executive vice president said on Twitter that an Orochi 4 isn't in the works right now.

drat that sucks

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Koei's collaborating with Jaden Smith?

marshmallow creep fucked around with this message at 16:51 on Aug 2, 2015

The GIG
Jun 28, 2011

Yeah, I say "Shit" a shit-ton of times. What of it, shithead?

Tae posted:

A longshot dream would be Sengoku Basra X Samurai Warriors.

Considering the reason why there's a SW4 2 instead of a Xtreme Legends I think "Longshot" is still way too generous.

kissekatt
Apr 20, 2005

I have tasted the fruit.

Tae posted:

A longshot dream would be Sengoku Basra X Samurai Warriors dating sim.

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

No one man should have all that Psycho-Power.

The GIG posted:

Considering the reason why there's a SW4 2 instead of a Xtreme Legends I think "Longshot" is still way too generous.

So what is the deal with that anyway? I only know that apparently the term xtreme legends is now verbotten but I don't know the why of it.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

I think it was because Capcom was threatening to sue or some such because Xtreme Legends was really close to their patented Mixjoy stuff for Sengoku Basara games.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

capcom is claiming they have the patent on expansion packs. xtreme legends was an expansion pack

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe
Specifically they claim to have a patent on game discs/saves being used to unlock content in other products which likely dates back to Monster Rancher...

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

I wish Capcom would bring Sengoku Basara to the West again. Samurai Heroes was fun but that was eons ago in that franchise's life. I want something for the PS4 dammit!

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

Sengoku Basara is done in the West. They put a ton of effort into Samurai Heroes, gave it a demo, E3 presence, a ton of marketing, a budget price point, and it still flopped hard. Capcom has outright said they are done localizing them.

I guess you could just import 4: Sumeragi on PS4! I have no idea how that game works though and after watching 15 minutes of it on Live on PlayStation I got really confused and thought it'd be really awkward to play with a guide.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Mokinokaro posted:

Specifically they claim to have a patent on game discs/saves being used to unlock content in other products which likely dates back to Monster Rancher...

Capcom is so full of poo poo, I really hate patent trolls. I can think of an example that goes back to 1993 (and I doubt it's the oldest one). If you have Might and Magic: Clouds of Xeen, and Might and Magic: Dark Side of Xeen you can combine the two games into "World of Xeen" which unlocks additional content in each game, in addition to allowing them to be played together:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Might_and_Magic_V:_Darkside_of_Xeen#World_of_Xeen

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Mokinokaro posted:

poo poo, it dates all the way back to the Goldbox games.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

I think importing a character from quest for glory 1 was the only way to do every class's quests in qfg2 and that was 1990. and then getting the paladin class in that game was the only way to use it in the sequels iirc

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

Heck Witcher 3 did it this year, they can't be strong-arming it that much