Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Qwerinty

by zen death robot
why did they name an mmo after a hunter a thompson book

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chill la Chill

Don't lose your gay

Awesome! posted:

sorry about your lost anime soccer time :(

thank you I hope we get some nice compensation. :3: meanwhile I've been playing my anime rhythm app game instead :)

Apparently I'm #1 Kotori fan

thank you matoi and vanisher for the sigs, lovely dad for the cool av

Scaly Haylie

apparently red ash is getting published through a chinese company called fuze and the kickstarter is just for extra content

this is fuze's website

Scaly Haylie

Qwerinty posted:

why did they name an mmo after a hunter a thompson book

they did not.

Awesome!

Ready for adventure!

Lizard Wizard posted:

this is fuze's website

lol

Chill la Chill

Don't lose your gay

agar.io is now an app!! :peanut:

Scaly Haylie

Chill la Chill posted:

agar.io is now an app!! :peanut:

it's also on facebook

dumb crambo
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!

Lizard Wizard posted:

it's also on facebook

im on facebook too add me http://twitter.com/realdonaldtrump

Scaly Haylie

anyone else looking forward to rollercoaster tycoon world?

FreshCutFries

yeah, roller coaster tycoon world looks good. free form track placement is going to be amazing, and i feel they can't gently caress up the management aspects anymore than 3 did.

Scaly Haylie

there's also gonna be curved paths apparently which is cool

dumb crambo
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!
the last few atari published games have been poo poo but maybe this game has hope? i would say it's hard to gently caress roller coaster up but atari ruined asteroids earlier this year so who knows

Scaly Haylie

well if nothing else the guys who made rct3 are making their own game. out of curiosity, what was so hosed about rct3's management stuff?

FreshCutFries

it was fixed in the expansions, but in the base game, guests would lose interest in rides ridiculously fast. to the point where building any large roller coaster would be a guaranteed bankruptcy because you could never make back the investment. they would also take ages to notice that a new ride even existed (like a couple in-game weeks) which just made the problem worse.

FreshCutFries

also, i just checked on where world's development was at, and it looks like the original studio got taken off the project. this is never a good sign :(

Scaly Haylie

oh gross, so is RCT3 not worth playing? i've also got RCT2 but idunno if i'll be able to get past the old graphics.

dumb crambo
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!

Thingyman posted:

also, i just checked on where world's development was at, and it looks like the original studio got taken off the project. this is never a good sign :(

:mrgw:

FreshCutFries

Lizard Wizard posted:

oh gross, so is RCT3 not worth playing? i've also got RCT2 but idunno if i'll be able to get past the old graphics.

nah, that was just initially. i bought the platinum version with the expansions off gog about a year ago, and it fixed those issues as well as adding a lot of cool content. RCT3 is probably the best 3D theme park game right now.

Scaly Haylie

Thingyman posted:

nah, that was just initially. i bought the platinum version with the expansions off gog about a year ago, and it fixed those issues as well as adding a lot of cool content. RCT3 is probably the best 3D theme park game right now.

well i bought both so idunno, guess i've got all of rct2 to play

Scaly Haylie

god, was sim theme park any good? i kinda wanna play sim theme park.

FreshCutFries

i have so much nostalgia for Sim Theme Park. i have no idea if it holds up because last i checked, there are no digital versions of it anywhere.

Scaly Haylie

i remember the hell out of theme park

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9eb_sS2rEvE

Scaly Haylie

Chill la Chill

Don't lose your gay

:cabot:

imagine if the SC Doobie thread still existed

Wertjoe

I played so much Theme Park. I used to like building a line then destroying the ride and making the que into a circle before everyone left and just watching the people walk around in circles.

saboten

Lizard Wizard posted:

just got rune factory: tides of destiny from gamefly

it's cool how this JRPG from 2011 isn't fully voice acted

it sucks

god drat i love jaakko https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OayJRki0tMI

thank u bacalou

saboten

Wertjoe posted:

I played so much Theme Park. I used to like building a line then destroying the ride and making the que into a circle before everyone left and just watching the people walk around in circles.

i was obsessed with the one on amiga it was so good. also the settlers

thank u bacalou

fuck. marry. t-rex

Honest q: Is voice acting really that important to you? Ive played plenty of great games without it... some were even better for it

Qwerinty

by zen death robot
voice acting in rpgs sucks. the only reason bethesda gets a pass is because most of their characters are so in the background and completely replaceable, you don't get a chance to form a voice in your head for the characters. i will say tho that i did like the voice acting in the mass effect games, but for others? nah

----------------

FreshCutFries

Deus Ex HR had good voice acting, but yeah, bad voice acting detracts more than it adds, and happens in like 90% of games (100% of anime games).

FreshCutFries

Silent Hill 2 is the only game where bad voice acting made it so much better.

Qwerinty

by zen death robot

Thingyman posted:

Deus Ex HR had good voice acting, but yeah, bad voice acting detracts more than it adds, and happens in like 90% of games (100% of anime games).

Yeah, rip. It's like Jesen's doing his best Batman voice at all times.

Thingyman posted:

Silent Hill 2 is the only game where bad voice acting made it so much better.

Resident Evil 1 (original version)

----------------

FreshCutFries

Qwerinty posted:

Resident Evil 1 (original version)

that was good, but in a so bad its good way. sh2's made it genuinely better by enhancing the lynchian vibe the developers were already going for.

Qwerinty

by zen death robot

Thingyman posted:

that was good, but in a so bad its good way. sh2's made it genuinely better by enhancing the lynchian vibe the developers were already going for.

I could never make it very far in SH2 because the camera made everything look like I was watching a soap opera. That kind of camera, you know the kind, the way it moves. I really missed out, I liked reading about the ending and symbolism

----------------

FreshCutFries

Qwerinty posted:

I could never make it very far in SH2 because the camera made everything look like I was watching a soap opera. That kind of camera, you know the kind, the way it moves. I really missed out, I liked reading about the ending and symbolism

give it another shot if you're able. i went into it knowing the story too, but the presentation is so good that it doesn't really ruin anything, and the experience is worth a playthrough.

tao of lmao

Someone play rocket league with me

fuck. marry. t-rex

MinorLeagueAllstar posted:

Someone play rocket league with me

I would if I was at home and if you have it on ps4 not steam

E: actually I think there is cross play but idk how

Scaly Haylie

gently caress. marry. t-rex posted:

Honest q: Is voice acting really that important to you? Ive played plenty of great games without it... some were even better for it

no, but it was the sort of thing where even though it had voice acting it was really really inconsistent, to where some dialogs would have 3-4 lines voice acted and then bwoop it's just text now

saboten posted:

it sucks

gamefly has served its purpose.

tao of lmao

gently caress. marry. t-rex posted:

I would if I was at home and if you have it on ps4 not steam

E: actually I think there is cross play but idk how

It's supposed to be coming with a patch soon or something, but yeah I'm on steam.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pro Target

Thingyman posted:

SH1 had the same property