Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

Two Finger posted:

i've liked dbza since i started watching it but it's been nearly two months since their last one and i have a strong suspicion it isn't going to improve
bit disappointing really

need to go back to sea for a couple of months and then just catch up on what i missed

Making episodes takes a long time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"

Some Numbers posted:

Making episodes takes a long time.

It seriously does. Watch the Episode Breakdowns and get a glimpse of how much work goes into just editing.

I was at a con at Team Fourstar and they were talking about how Takahata and Antfish argued for over an hour on whether one joke was going to work or not. And this was a for an auxiliary project, not even DBZA. It's absolutely insane how much thought they put into every aspect of the show.

Well Manicured Man
Aug 21, 2010

Well Manicured Mort

Neo_Crimson posted:

It seriously does. Watch the Episode Breakdowns and get a glimpse of how much work goes into just editing.

I was at a con at Team Fourstar and they were talking about how Takahata and Antfish argued for over an hour on whether one joke was going to work or not. And this was a for an auxiliary project, not even DBZA. It's absolutely insane how much thought they put into every aspect of the show.

DBZA is the Venture Bros of YouTube series.

Be grateful we're not waiting two years between seasons :v:

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Also this has to be an absurdly hard section of the show to script because of the weird way it is set up.

Ekusukariba
Oct 11, 2012
I'd much rather wait a long time and have a great episode come out than have season 1 quality episodes

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"

Ekusukariba posted:

I'd much rather wait a long time and have a great episode come out than have season 1 quality episodes

Incidentally, Kaiser is well aware about how weak some parts of season 1 were, and would completely re-write, re-voice, and re-edit all of it if he had the time.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Neo_Crimson posted:

Incidentally, Kaiser is well aware about how weak some parts of season 1 were, and would completely re-write, re-voice, and re-edit all of it if he had the time.

don't change piccolo yelling NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRD at gohan

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012
is dragon ball super REALLY just going to be a retelling of BOG and RoF?

whos idea was this?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Race Realists posted:

is dragon ball super REALLY just going to be a retelling of BOG and RoF?

whos idea was this?

Considering we've already seen new characters no, it will not be.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

DBS also has over 100 episodes in production, and even being generous I wouldn't expect more than 15 per movie before we get into totally new stuff.

They're not waiting on a manga so they don't need to pad things out.

Plus you know this series ain't gonna stop at just 100.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Neo_Crimson posted:

Goddamn, this is number one on my list of DBZA wants.

Number two is World's Strongest Abridged.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Theyll just follow the pattern the real dubs did and redo the whole series every time they reach the end of it.

Caros
May 14, 2008

Kelp Plankton posted:

Theyll just follow the pattern the real dubs did and redo the whole series every time they reach the end of it.

I'm still sort of shocked they didn't have a joke episode where they re-released episode 1 as episode 20whatever when goku got to namek. It would have been so perfect. Even just add it in for the first few seconds before the start of the episode to gently caress with people.

dipwood
Feb 22, 2004

rouge means red in french
They've had 99% on their website for over a week now. I'm pretty sure that graphic is just to troll people.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

dipwood posted:

They've had 99% on their website for over a week now. I'm pretty sure that graphic is just to troll people.

I'm pretty sure that they said they really want to just change it to say what phase of creation (i.e. "Recording" "editing" whatever) instead of giving a percentage, so people don't get too hung up about it

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!
Aren't they premiering the episode at some con this weekend anyway?

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Caros posted:

I'm still sort of shocked they didn't have a joke episode where they re-released episode 1 as episode 20whatever when goku got to namek. It would have been so perfect. Even just add it in for the first few seconds before the start of the episode to gently caress with people.

They should ABSOLUTELY do this, holy poo poo that was a missed opportunity.

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012

Kelp Plankton posted:

Plus you know this series ain't gonna stop at just 100.

the 13 year old gamefaqs user in me (uniquely named master asia) hopes youre right

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

New TFS episode is up.

Cozz
Jun 19, 2005

Perhaps you need to... reverse... his polarity? Hack? Do some hacking?

Testekill posted:

New TFS episode is up.

Mustache! Mustache! Other than the part in spoilers, I felt the humor in this episode was kinda weak. Although I'm trying to remember who pushed the Goku button before?

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Cozz posted:

Mustache! Mustache! Other than the part in spoilers, I felt the humor in this episode was kinda weak. Although I'm trying to remember who pushed the Goku button before?

Trunks. Also that was a great episode and it had a large amount of call backs.

Ak Gara
Jul 29, 2005

That's just the way he rolls.
Great episode but felt really short! The preview was like, half the episode!

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!
Kind of a transition episode, but I thought it was pretty drat good. Moustache was definitely the highlight, but screaming group therapy as Cell just kinda awkwardly hung around was also pretty amusing.

In It For The Tank
Feb 17, 2011

But I've yet to figure out a better way to spend my time.
I think that was the shortest episode in the entire series. Can't believe it took two months.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
For someone whose had his poo poo kicked in so hard that his brain's literately malfunctioning, #16 is still on top form.

ConanThe3rd fucked around with this message at 18:26 on Aug 1, 2015

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

In It For The Tank posted:

I think that was the shortest episode in the entire series. Can't believe it took two months.

It was 10 minutes long, which is about average. Shorter than some recent episodes but not remotely the shortest.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

"It's just this room and the void!" Is what really got me.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Rodyle posted:

My favorite was "I am an adu-" "NO. No you are not."

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

Rodyle posted:

The second part of that gag was really funny.

Why?!

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
That was a great episode. Also glad they dropped the really goofy animation of Cell's mouth getting comically big when he yelling at 18.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

I'm glad they got Armin to do the support the official release part.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Cozz posted:

Yeah pretty much in agreement. I get that there wasn't really much going on in the show here and they did chop it down from two thirty minute episodes but this one really fell flat for me.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.
It was a 'tween episode: an episode between two big events. It isn't surprising it was a bit weak.

Voxx
Jul 28, 2009

I'll give 'em a hold
and a break to breathe
And if they can't play nice
I won't play with 'em at all
So, Vegeta was shaving everyday in there? He shaved his mustache?

Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
A billion light years away
A goon's posting the same thing
But he's already turned to dust
And the shitpost we read
Is a billion light-years old
A ghost just like the rest of us
I loved the "I need an adult" payoff and Cell complaining about Tien's "triangle making a square"
Pretty hype for the next episode.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Cell arguing with the townspeople definitely got the biggest laugh from me. TFS really knows how to write some good innocent bystanders.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I want to know if Tom is the same guy who was Piccolo's myspace friend so long ago.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW

ImpAtom posted:

I want to know if Tom is the same guy who was Piccolo's myspace friend so long ago.

I'm glad I'm not the only person who was thinking this.

StrifeHira
Nov 7, 2012

I'll remind you that I have a very large stick.

ImpAtom posted:

That would be the best callback. :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

ImpAtom posted:

So did the joke really age that badly, or are we just having fun?

• Locked thread