Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Diet Poison
Jan 20, 2008

LICK MY ASS
^^^ what he said. That new theme is my jam.

Also I can not wait for the audiobook. I've listened to the preview chapter a good 4 times now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Change is a bad thing and everything should stay exactly the same forever

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

ty for the support guys. btw the audiobook will have a bunch of totally new disparition music not found on any album or in any wtnv episode. and there is a new album coming in the fall.

AstroZamboni
Mar 8, 2007

Smoothing the Ice on Europa since 1997!
That's fantastic loving news on all fronts.

Also digging the new music.

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

There's no one I'd rather be than me.

Earwicker posted:

ty for the support guys. btw the audiobook will have a bunch of totally new disparition music not found on any album or in any wtnv episode. and there is a new album coming in the fall.

Disparition has a new album? Or is there going to be a WTNV album?

By the way, AWESOME episode today.

cptn_dr
Sep 7, 2011

Seven for beauty that blossoms and dies

Earwicker posted:

Oh, awesome. Granicha was one of my favourite albums of last year, so I'm super excited for the new one.

Jurgan
May 8, 2007

Just pour it directly into your gaping mouth-hole you decadent slut
This episode was a ton of fun- love the way Janice is becoming more awesome (basically, she's turning into Oracle from Batman) and Cecil admitting that Steve is a good father. And the remixed theme song was fun, though I wouldn't want it to permanently replace the original. With due respect to Disparition, though, there was one section that I thought should be rescored.

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

0x141 KERNEL PANIC

Jurgan posted:

This episode was a ton of fun- love the way Janice is becoming more awesome (basically, she's turning into Oracle from Batman) and Cecil admitting that Steve is a good father. And the remixed theme song was fun, though I wouldn't want it to permanently replace the original. With due respect to Disparition, though, there was one section that I thought should be rescored.

:allears: Took me a second, this is great. But what about the Shrine of the Silver Monkey. :ohdear:

Jurgan
May 8, 2007

Kazy posted:

:allears: Took me a second, this is great. But what about the Shrine of the Silver Monkey. :ohdear:

It's pronounced SHRIIIINE.

Amateur Sketch
Feb 23, 2008

a kaleidoscopic supernova
of all your hopes and dreams

Kazy posted:

Much like the laser grid, Carlos would have been fascinated but Steve would get them through it (having seen an instructional diagram in the sky).

DrTempest
Dec 11, 2011

It's not cute. It's all very serious.
They would've wasted all their time in the Shrine and missed out on Space Camp and cool backpacks.

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH
Way to spoil the ending Cecil. :colbert:

Jurgan
May 8, 2007

This is pretty off-topic, but did anyone else find it odd that a big news story recently was about a lion named Cecil being killed by a man named Palmer? Just an odd coincidence.

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

Jurgan posted:

This is pretty off-topic, but did anyone else find it odd that a big news story recently was about a lion named Cecil being killed by a man named Palmer? Just an odd coincidence.

Or is it?

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

It is.

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
Many headcanons have been shattered by this news

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

WAY TO RUIN MY HEADCAN...

angerbeet posted:

Many headcanons have been shattered by this news

:(

maxnmona
Mar 16, 2005

if you start with drums, you have to end with dynamite.
Cecil is a lion. This is canon.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

maxnmona posted:

Cecil is a lion. This is canon.

Or is it?

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

Cecil is canon. Unless he's a-lyin'.

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

Cecil is cannon. Duh.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Cecil is clearly not human, because he mentions Hirum (sp?) as a human, assuming that's what humans look like. In other words, he doesn't know.

Caros
May 14, 2008

GreenBuckanneer posted:

Cecil is clearly not human, because he mentions Hirum (sp?) as a human, assuming that's what humans look like. In other words, he doesn't know.

Hiram was wearing a normal human disguise and is excellent at identify theft.

SomeJazzyRat
Nov 2, 2012

Hmmm...
Cecil is just a cabin in the wilderness, with two spoons tapping together by the wind at such a rate it sounds suspiciously like a human voice.

Carlos is his human boyfriend.

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

Consider that the standard citizenry of Night Vale includes a telepathic river rock, at least one shapeshifter, a (formerly) two headed football player, a little girl who was born as a disembodied Russian man's hand, some angels winged people, and a faceless old woman who secretly lives in your home, I think Cecil can be forgiven for assuming that Frank Chen having more than the usual number of heads was nothing out of the ordinary.

By which I mean that Cecil is obviously a three eyed lion and you're a racist if you disagree.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

docbeard posted:

Consider that the standard citizenry of Night Vale includes a telepathic river rock, at least one shapeshifter, a (formerly) two headed football player, a little girl who was born as a disembodied Russian man's hand, some angels winged people, and a faceless old woman who secretly lives in your home, I think Cecil can be forgiven for assuming that Frank Chen having more than the usual number of heads was nothing out of the ordinary.

By which I mean that Cecil is obviously a three eyed lion and you're a racist if you disagree.

Don't forget the several faceless old women who openly live in their own homes.

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.
Carlos is clearly delphigender. :colbert:

(delphigender: a mysterious, obscure and sinister gender that is entirely seperate from male and female.)

AstroZamboni
Mar 8, 2007

Smoothing the Ice on Europa since 1997!
Old woman Josie is clearly an anthropomorphic tardigrade.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

They're clearly all just shoggoths. All of them. Even the dragons and angels.

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

I finally heard the cross over with The Thrilling Adventure Hour and...Did anyone else think it came off as a bad fan fiction piece? Sorry Fink :(

The biggest problem is the pacing, The show keeps hitting the breaks so we can go on these tangents that don't go anywhere. (Cecile's fanny pack for example)

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

I still think it's weird they crossed over with the sci-fi show instead of Beyond Belief.

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

TheJoker138 posted:

I still think it's weird they crossed over with the sci-fi show instead of Beyond Belief.

I half wonder if this wasn't down to cast availability at whatever convention it was where they originally did the crossover.

I still say there needs to be a Night Vale/Beyond Belief crossover that's just Cecil and Paget Brewster pronouncing things at each other for an hour and a half.

Diet Poison
Jan 20, 2008

LICK MY ASS

docbeard posted:

I still say there needs to be a Night Vale/Beyond Belief crossover that's just Cecil and Paget Brewster pronouncing things at each other for an hour and a half.

I'm gonna need to hear Paget say "BRINY DEPTHS". Just once. For a friend's birthday.

Oh, and The List. Paget reads The List, Cecil reads Frank and Sadie's liquor delivery order.

RedMagus
Nov 16, 2005

Male....Female...what does it matter? Power is beautiful, and I've got the power!
Grimey Drawer
They just put those historical plaques anywhere these days, don't they?

Also, I can't help but hear the ending as the opening to some 80s dystopian cyberpunk movie. So, kudos to encouraging me to watch some of my old favorites after every episode.

cptn_dr
Sep 7, 2011

Seven for beauty that blossoms and dies

BigRed0427 posted:

I finally heard the cross over with The Thrilling Adventure Hour and...Did anyone else think it came off as a bad fan fiction piece? Sorry Fink :(

I enjoyed it, but it's not the best example of either podcast. That said, I'd pay literally dozens of dollars to hear Sadie and Cecil read things to each other.

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

cptn_dr posted:

I enjoyed it, but it's not the best example of either podcast.

This is pretty much how I feel. It's a solid episode of either podcast, I think (though I think it's a better Night Vale episode than it is a Thrilling Adventure Hour episode), but both shows have done substantially better.

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
Lovable radio personality Cecil Gershwin Palmer (briefly) ended up on the newest episode of Gravity Falls:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VEPx6cnsArw

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

angerbeet posted:

Lovable radio personality Cecil Gershwin Palmer (briefly) ended up on the newest episode of Gravity Falls:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VEPx6cnsArw

Oh snap!

JohnnyCanuck
May 28, 2004

Strong And/Or Free

quote:

Joseph Fink - 2:39 PM - 27 Aug 2015
@PlanetofFinks

There is something that we at Night Vale have been trying to get organized for years, and finally we did it. Exciting news on Sept 1st.

...?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Nuclear holocaust, alternately a musical episode