Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Mordiceius posted:

What are all the pieces to that one?

Bush hat, holy rainbow shirt, trailblazer slops, field commander boots.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

Begemot posted:

There are also Doman Au Ra, like Yugiri and that princess and her bodyguard from the ninja quests. It seems like most of the races are spread all over the world. The only ones we haven't seen are foreign Elezen, which makes sense since they're apparently the original inhabitants of Eorzea.

Louisoix and Urianger are both from Sharlayan, the actual Sharlayan not the abandoned colony, so that right there tells us there are Elezen outside of Eorzea.

Edit: Furthermore the very existence of a Sharlayan noble house of Elezen, Leveilleiur, suggests Elezen have been part of Sharlayan for quite some time.

Captain Oblivious fucked around with this message at 19:19 on Aug 1, 2015

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010
Is this a bad guide? Can a goon warrior vet this please.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HUXck-0vh5k

edit: spelling

Holyshoot fucked around with this message at 20:01 on Aug 1, 2015

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo
Not even thirty seconds in, and already smacks of a vanity piece more than anything. Will continue watching.

And it's "vet".

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
Well, apparently the SE store wasn't letting me buy the digital version of the expansion for whatever reason, so I got a local, physical copy instead.

Tried to use the expansion code but apparently my account is set in the States and is incompatible.

Boten Anna
Feb 22, 2010

It is done.

Niton
Oct 21, 2010

Your Lord and Savior has finally arrived!

..got any kibble?

Boten Anna posted:

It is done.

Now respec to your choice of 3/9/10 or 6/9/10 for a superior Chocobo, because all of the Defensive tree's skills reduce the Chocobo's threat after Choco Drop :wtc:

terrified of my bathroom
Jan 24, 2014

GAY BOATS

Holyshoot posted:

Xeno's really good but god his guides are annoying

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo

Holyshoot posted:

Maybe not bad, but takes way too many words to say poo poo. Let me break down what they're saying:

* You only need as much HP to absorb a tankbuster through cooldowns. Anything else is filler you could be putting towards DPS stats.
* If there's a window to stance-dance and throw in DPS safely, do it.
* Parry sucks.
* Crit good.
* Provoke and Internal Release a must-get.
* Flash and Convalescense are good skills.
* If your healers can't keep you up get rid of them because I'm great wank wank
* I use awareness because wank wank
* I used Second Wind because I'm bad wank wank
* I overuse the word "meta" wank
* wank wank wank look at me wank
* wank wank
* wank

SwissArmyDruid fucked around with this message at 20:18 on Aug 1, 2015

kojei
Feb 12, 2008
he's right about awareness though

Rexicon1
Oct 9, 2007

A Shameful Path Led You Here
awareness is fine, i mean, what else are you gonna get CC

nuru
Oct 10, 2012

Do those of you who pvp keep swapping abilities in and out, or do you switch hotbars specifically for it?

Rexicon1
Oct 9, 2007

A Shameful Path Led You Here

nuru posted:

Do those of you who pvp keep swapping abilities in and out, or do you switch hotbars specifically for it?

swap things in and out, but I keep a spare empty hotbar to do the swappin

vOv
Feb 8, 2014

Got sick of DPS queueing for leveling SMN so I decided to queue as SCH. I was only Curing for like 1000, and even Lustrate didn't seem to be the turboheal that I'd expected it to be. I'm i116 with that i115 Ishgardian vendor weapon; what the hell am I doing wrong?

nuru
Oct 10, 2012

vOv posted:

Got sick of DPS queueing for leveling SMN so I decided to queue as SCH. I was only Curing for like 1000, and even Lustrate didn't seem to be the turboheal that I'd expected it to be. I'm i116 with that i115 Ishgardian vendor weapon; what the hell am I doing wrong?

Lustrate is now 600 potency (Physick is 400) rather than 25% of the target's max hp. With full 130/135 gear my WHM is getting about 1480-1560 on Cure 1, so with crappy NQ vendor whites your heals sound about right.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

vOv posted:

Are you still wearing a bunch of INT jewelry instead of MND or something maybe?

Also why are you using Cure. You have Physick and Adlo.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Physick can't crit.

nuru
Oct 10, 2012

I assumed he was using "Curing" as a general verb :shrug:

I only brought up WHM because I still have one at 50.

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Heed my words and become a master of the Heart (of Thorns).
Any real advantage in buying this game on Steam?

I love having singleplayer games on steam as it means they get auto updated and it reduce the amount of shortcuts on my desktop, but for MMOs they will update every time you start them regardless.
The game is slightly cheaper is buying the base game + expansion together, which is only available on the Square Enix home page, which is why i am asking.

a crisp refreshing Moxie
May 2, 2007

You can pay your subscription with that Steam currency. Not sure if that outweighs always being locked in to Steam versions for expansions though.

Ridinspinnaz
Jan 29, 2009

Ineptitude posted:

Any real advantage in buying this game on Steam?

I love having singleplayer games on steam as it means they get auto updated and it reduce the amount of shortcuts on my desktop, but for MMOs they will update every time you start them regardless.
The game is slightly cheaper is buying the base game + expansion together, which is only available on the Square Enix home page, which is why i am asking.

I like having steam functionality, which I guess you can have if you just run the game with an overlay but honestly I care less about the $15 potential dollars I might save on the GMG presale of the next expansion compared to the ease of having it alongside the billion other idiot games I've bought and never played.

a crisp refreshing Moxie
May 2, 2007

My new combat retainer just hit 44 the other day, so I gave him some of my old gear to boost his ilvl, and now it's like a little dose of Balmung every time he comes back from a venture.

Pigbottom
Sep 23, 2007

Time is never wasted when you're wasted all the time.
So, I think I'm getting it wrong somehow. In the reward section of the duty roullete description its says it gives 1218 gc seals for completion, but I tried it twice already and received no seals. What is the problem? is this seal reward something you just get once a day like the extra bonus reward?

nuru
Oct 10, 2012

Pigbottom posted:

So, I think I'm getting it wrong somehow. In the reward section of the duty roullete description its says it gives 1218 gc seals for completion, but I tried it twice already and received no seals. What is the problem? is this seal reward something you just get once a day like the extra bonus reward?

That's the bonus for providing the role needed at the time.

vanbags
Dec 6, 2003

An ape.

Holyshoot posted:

I just don't know how much of that I would employ in DF/PF groups. Using a defensive cooldown to stay offensive makes sense, but it might not make sense to the random healers you're playing with.

Sometimes just doing DF Alexander runs I'll find myself using a cooldown due to auto-attacks.

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!
Are you sure you aren't looking at a role-specific bonus that doesn't apply to you? (Tank in need, etc)

Efb

Pigbottom
Sep 23, 2007

Time is never wasted when you're wasted all the time.

nuru posted:

That's the bonus for providing the role needed at the time.

I get it. at least i got the xp I guess...

Doublestep
Sep 8, 2013

Keep on keeping on!

nuru posted:

I have an extra action bar with ctrl 1 through = bound for pvp abilities. Leaves enough room for consumables or what have you if you need more space.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
Does healing get any more interesting? I've got my WHM to 45, but 30-odd levels of 'cast Cure/Regen, maybe throw out an Aero or Stone' hasn't exactly hit a high point yet for me. Also doesn't help that caster gear is kind of boring, though I'm told that it gets better post-50.

Hamsterlady
Jul 8, 2010

Corpse Party, bitches.

ApplesandOranges posted:

Does healing get any more interesting? I've got my WHM to 45, but 30-odd levels of 'cast Cure/Regen, maybe throw out an Aero or Stone' hasn't exactly hit a high point yet for me. Also doesn't help that caster gear is kind of boring, though I'm told that it gets better post-50.

Healing is the most boring role at low levels, I think. Because at that point people aren't taking a lot of damage and you don't really have particularly interesting DPS options (cast Aero on a thing, now use Stone over and over). In endgame content healing can be pretty hectic though, particularly in instances where there's a ton of raid damage and the tank is getting hit by tankbusters and you're avoiding aoe clusterfucks while dealing with all this at once.

vOv
Feb 8, 2014

nuru posted:

I assumed he was using "Curing" as a general verb :shrug:

I only brought up WHM because I still have one at 50.

Yeah I meant Physick. I'm using Physick when the shield's up and Adlo when it's down, it's just that I barely have time to DPS if there's more than two or three enemies on the tank at once.

Teslavi
May 28, 2006
Ridiculous.

ApplesandOranges posted:

I'd recommend playing the other healers if you want to do more things beyond just healing. White Mage is really good at what it does, but it is pretty basic.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
On the whole steam issue: FWIW, steam version has been the cheapest option for me for both the base game (10 euros), and the expansion (35 euros) where I live. But, the price differences are also stupid:
https://www.steamprices.com/us/app/39210/final-fantasy-xiv-a-realm-reborn

In short, :squeenix:

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Truga posted:

In short, :squeenix:

:australia:

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

Burn the ps3 version of the game to the ground.

Actually, how does Idyllshire even run on the ps3 version?

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Volt Catfish posted:

Burn the ps3 version of the game to the ground.

Actually, how does Idyllshire even run on the ps3 version?

Well, Mor Dhona ran 'great' on PS3 because it culled 99% of the PCs there. Though, it tended to exhibit some strange loading issues that I didn't see in other zones (note this is an ancient 40GB EU PS3, the second revision that dumped the front ports/Graphics Synthesizer).

e: I want a gouraud shading option

e2: Also for as lovely as the PS3 version runs, it still runs better than 1.0 ever did for me

kirbysuperstar fucked around with this message at 00:32 on Aug 2, 2015

Griz
May 21, 2001

ApplesandOranges posted:

go do your 45 quest then you can do divine seal/regen/holy spam unless your tank is really lovely

you can dps even more once you get asylum, assize, and aero 3

vanbags
Dec 6, 2003

An ape.
Can anyone identify this set? It looks like warrior relic things, but I've never seen any of it. I know the axe is from Ramuh.

Oscar Wilde Bunch
Jun 12, 2012

Grimey Drawer

vanbags posted:

Can anyone identify this set? It looks like warrior relic things, but I've never seen any of it. I know the axe is from Ramuh.

i90 Warrior AF.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

terrified of my bathroom
Jan 24, 2014

GAY BOATS

vanbags posted:

i90 War chest, i100 tank hands from CT2, i110 legs from T6(?)

• Locked thread