Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

So the Sally Forth artist is pretty good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

luchadornado
Oct 7, 2004

A boombox is not a toy!

Door County is a pretty nice vacation spot, but the goat roof restaurant takes a pretty awesome concept and somehow finds a way to make it boring.

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Julet Esqu posted:

Your clothes should be dry by now. Go to the river. They will be dragging the river for your stupid dead corpses. Go there and follow it upstream toward where you put the canoe in to begin with. You will meet somebody. Morons.

It's been pretty obvious for a while now that the story will end with them having been 30 seconds away from civilization the whole time.

e: also this Phantom storyline will have Guran falling and injuring himself during the rope climb, and the other guy will be elected the stand-in chief while he heals up

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Oh Yeah, That Whole Thing Or Whatever

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit

Wanamingo posted:

e: also this Phantom storyline will have Guran falling and injuring himself during the rope climb, and the other guy will be elected the stand-in chief while he heals up

Guran will be declared Chief again, and the other guy, and his entire family will be ritually executed.

Cricken_Nigfops
Oct 25, 2011

CROM!

ukonvasara
Aug 16, 2012

a mixture of gravity and waggery

Julet Esqu posted:

Your clothes should be dry by now. Go to the river. They will be dragging the river for your stupid dead corpses. Go there and follow it upstream toward where you put the canoe in to begin with. You will meet somebody. Morons.

They're on an island:

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

ukonvasara posted:

They're on an island:

Ok. That changes things somewhat. They should still probably go hang out on the shore. Maybe start a fire there, if there's room. A nice smoky fire.

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

FactsAreUseless posted:

Never stop.

Cholmondeley
Sep 28, 2006

New World Orderly
Nap Ghost
I thought maybe a mash-up of A3G and SA-X9 would improve one or the other, but it appears hopeless.

Secret Agent 3G

Cholmondeley fucked around with this message at 15:57 on Aug 2, 2015

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Eventually the A3G art will just be rambling notes about how Frank Bolle has been an artist since you were all in diapers and won't stand to be lectured about "styles" or "settings" from some slip of a girl.

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

I've got my father's great big six-shooter with me 'n' if anybody in this woods wants to start somethin' just let 'em--but they DASSN'T.
Pogo (August 3, 1957)

Peanuts: Year Three (December 29-31, 1952)

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

F Minus

Mary Worth

The centerpiece of her collection is that stunning piece titled "Moy and Giella."

Rex Morgan MD

"Ah he believes me. Excellent. My cover remains secure. Mr. Tang will be pleased."

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Tina's Groove

Family Circus

Rose is Rose

One Big Happy

Foob

Compu-Toon

Bizarro

Dilbert

Foxtrot

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

Yeah, actually, that really bothered me about that stupid Jurassic park film - why didn't they check for that ping device BEFORE they opened the cage?

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Six Chix

Zippy the Pinhead

Nancy

Arlo and Janis

Andertoons

Lost Side of Suburbia

Dick Tracy

Looks like we're gearing up for the usual violent death, I'm guessing somebody will be hypnotized to shoot themselves in the head.

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

I see the surgery to remove the extra fingers went well.

I know some kids who talk like this. It's really maddening.

Drakyn
Dec 26, 2012

FactsAreUseless posted:

Wipe that smirk off your face, assassin. We're all someone's thing at the end of the day, and there's no shame in that.

Cholmondeley posted:

I thought maybe a mash-up of A3G and SEX9 would improve one or the other, but it appears hopeless.

Secret Agent 3G

I dunno, this matches the art about as well as the original, and the action's sure het up. I don't remember this much suspense since we met that guy who focused on faults.

Samovar posted:

Yeah, actually, that really bothered me about that stupid Jurassic park film - why didn't they check for that ping device BEFORE they opened the cage?
Two of the three tracking systems, all of which they presumed to be equally foolproof, had already told them it was missing. But if you want the reason they made the stupid decision BEFORE checking the third, it's because the moral of the franchise itself is that a business founded upon executives using technology they don't understand for profit is eventually going to do something stupid. Every Jurassic Park film but the third has a corporate figure make repeated, terrible decisions, all of which are unanticipated outcomes of the ORIGINAL terrible decision that is 'bring back dinosaurs, then stuff 'em in a theme park and charge tourists .' A dinosaur incident in the franchise is basically the same thing as a major spill on an oil pipeline: an unexpected yet unsurprising tragedy made inevitable by the people running the show.
Except with teeth and screaming.

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

The Phantom

BlankIsBeautiful
Apr 4, 2008

Feeling a little inadequate?
poo poo, sorry about the double posting. Here's Yesterday's Kevin & Kell Not that we've really missed anything.

I'm not quite sure why people say this. I have a pontoon boat, 20 foot runabout, Sunfish sailboat, and canoe in the water right now, and they require very little maintenance/money at all.

9 Chickweed Lane 8/2/2004

Zits

What? Since when do turtles have expiration dates?

Slammy
Mar 30, 2011

Great speech.
PPHPFT!!

As someone who rides the bus every day, all the public transportation comics still ring, well, true.

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

I've got my father's great big six-shooter with me 'n' if anybody in this woods wants to start somethin' just let 'em--but they DASSN'T.
Bloom County 2015

Peanuts, in which some anthropomorphic animals don't have body image issues. (August 4, 1968)

Funky Let'sgetthisshitoverwithbean

I love a story that ends happily, but with this strip I usually just love it when it ends.

Classic Popeye Sunday (February 19, 1950)

One more left.

Pogo, in which our intrepid researchers ask the magic question "How do you cut a pocket of noisy air? With a pneumatic drill? A water saw? A targeted fart?" (June 6, 1965)

Out Our Way (August 24-25, 1927)

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
"I hope not," stutters Les. Because if I don't then I can't claim innocence when I make your mostly preventable, slow, painful death my life's work, he thinks.

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
Calvin and Hobbes

Outland gets visits from old friends.

Ripley's

BlankIsBeautiful
Apr 4, 2008

Feeling a little inadequate?

EasyEW posted:

Wow. Holly's final line, there. Yeah, it was funnier back then, so now are you going back?

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

The thing I love most about this Mary Worth storyline so far is that we're clearly supposed to think that Toby is a bitch because she doesn't like the fact that her husband invited someone important to dinner without even bothering t check if that's okay with her.

Why can't neckbeard there just make dinner himself? Or is that Woman's Work?

The Dinette Set gets owned.

Working Daze is indeed a problem.

Super-Fun-Back-Comix is stuck in a loop.

oy

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice

Evil Mastermind posted:

Working Daze is indeed a problem.

Look at those arms.

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

Classic Phantom

Radio Patrol

Rip Kirby

Big Ben Bolt

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
On top of the whole Lisa thing, shouldn't Funky warn his past self about not joining the army or whatever?

Everything Counts
Oct 10, 2012

Don't "shhh!" me, you rich bastard!

100 times his body weight

Demonstrated here with an incredibly heavy tennis ball.

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

Darthemed posted:

Look at those arms.

The arms of a man with a serious chronic masturbation problem.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

EasyEW posted:

I really don't know how to express my loathing for Batiuk at this particular moment.

Cricken_Nigfops
Oct 25, 2011

CROM!

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

BlankIsBeautiful posted:

poo poo, sorry about the double posting. Here's Yesterday's Kevin & Kell Not that we've really missed anything.

Gee it's almost like putting the predators, defined mainly by eating the people in the other camp, just on the other side of the wall from the people they eat was a bad idea!

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

EasyEW posted:

Man look at the look on Replacement Lisa's face as Les stares enviously at his past self.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Shugojin posted:

Man look at the look on Replacement Lisa's face as Les stares enviously at his past self.

Les cares about his wife and the mother of his child less than Marty cared about Doc.

Aardmania
Jan 1, 2007

Ruining newspapers since 1993.

Shredded Hen

Maxwell Lord posted:

On top of the whole Lisa thing, shouldn't Funky warn his past self about not joining the army or whatever?

"Say, Funky, shouldn't we tell ourselves to try to stop 9/11 from happening?"
"Hell no! That's the price New York has to pay for hating our pizza."

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

BlankIsBeautiful posted:

I'm not quite sure why people say this. I have a pontoon boat, 20 foot runabout, Sunfish sailboat, and canoe in the water right now, and they require very little maintenance/money at all.

The guy is doing a 700 mile round-trip to do some maintenance on his substantially large (and probably even ocean going) sailing vessel/yacht. Those things need way more maintenance than all your boats combined, especially if you want to keep them sea worthy and poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SomeMathGuy
Oct 4, 2014

The people were ASTONISHED at his doctrine.

Maxwell Lord posted:

His nephew; but of course not. Just because Funky's name is in the title of the comic doesn't mean we should stop focusing on Les and cancer wife. In fact, please conveniently forget that the woman talking about how she always loved Funky is his second wife and that Funky has in no way told his younger self to avoid alcohol which, you should please conveniently not recall, nearly destroyed his life.

• Locked thread