Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
doomfunk
Feb 29, 2008

oh come on was that really necessary
all over my fine carpet!!

Cool, thanks for the info.
I don't have Quaid, so I'll start working up my Shida. I completely forgot Edea covers status through her ES, she seems like a good candidate for mitigation especially if I use Ultor as my attack boost.
Which is generally better, Colt or Dion? I have both.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

doomfunk posted:

I don't have Quaid, so I'll start working up my Shida. I completely forgot Edea covers status through her ES, she seems like a good candidate for mitigation especially if I use Ultor as my attack boost.

If you have a Claire in your squad already, Colt is by far the better option. If not, Dion has a little more versatility (and you don't need to sacrifice a slot for a crappy sphere to unlock his ES), but you have to remember that as far as BBs go, only Dion's normal BB boosts crit rate; his SBB boosts BB damage and his UBB boosts spark damage. You'll generally want to alternate BB/SBB with him if you use him to keep both buffs going.

doomfunk
Feb 29, 2008

Assuming I'll be leading with Zenia, would Dion be worth using over Colt even if I don't have Claire? I'd be leaning on his normal BB, I think.

Poala Bear
Jan 25, 2007

doomfunk posted:

Curse you for having Shida and not using him. Btw, it's only his 6* form that has the elemental buffs, on his SBB.

As I don't have Dion, but have Kira (similar LS but for different elements) take what I say with little regard. I feel Colt is a good "general usage crit leader". Kira is better when you know you're going against Light/Dark units and can field a proper team to take advantage of his LS. I would assume the same is for Dion. This is for leader positions.

As a subunit, (ie non lead spot), Dion offers a lot of decent party buffs on his BB, SBB, and UBB allowing him to fill quite a bit of different party roles. Colt only offer his crit buff, and 5BC/turn fill in SBB (3 for BB), which is outclassed by Grah's 6BC/turn fill on SBB. I can't get past how derpy Dion's fish headed shaped head looks, so Colt is better for that reason alone.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.
Cleared Exodus, got 2 star contribution and a void chunk to make Zenia's sphere. :toot:

That boss is some serious bullshit though. Zenia/Tridon leads, Kanon buff, Edea damage mitigation, Tridon SBB shield up and it'd still focus fire party members from full HP to dead. That's 12-16k HP plus the Tridon shield that just gets burned through by a big hit and the usual aoe spam. Probably going to swap back to Darvanshell though. Similar defense and more HP. I'll just fire his SBB before Kanon's so the better def buff is up.

Ratmtattat
Mar 10, 2004
the hairdryer

I don't even understand how we're supposed to be able to beat Trial X3. I can get to the 3rd form of Fei coming out, but when he does, Xie'Jing starts doing blightest harvest 3 or 4 times per round. Even with Tridon shield, Tridon LS, Tridon DEF buff, and mitigation I literally cannot survive 3 straight rounds of this. My second team is useless as well because even if I pop a fujin and mitigate, I still get 3 or 4 straight blighted harvests right away and can't survive even 1 or maybe 2 rounds of it.

CashEnsign
Feb 7, 2015
How are you guys doing on Frontier Gate? I gave up going for +3 on FH so I switched over to FG, but I keep getting wiped by Sefia - Kikuri on stage 5.

My setup:
Zenia lead (max imp, don't have her sphere yet)
Kikuri
Darvanshel (+ drevas)
Ruby/Selena
Tridon friend (or Griel, tried her for the status immmunity)

Everyone is maxed and mostly using sol creators + unique spheres. I don't have enough levels to run a fifth unit 6* or 7*. I was going to try switching ruby for Selena. What happens is I am slowly running out of BB and lose a unit (usually Darvanshel) even when I mitigate. When I ran with tridon instead of Griel I just got cursed and game over I don't have enough refined spheres either.

Edit: Dewy is dead, RIP. I also have 7* Griel, Ultor, Ragaa, Colt, Dion, Alpha, Rinon 6*,
Working on Feeva and Oguru

CashEnsign fucked around with this message at 23:00 on Jul 29, 2015

Black Huntress
Oct 8, 2001

I'd try Zenia - Dion - Ultor - Colt - Raaga friend, with the spark buff if available, focus on Kikuri first. Colt's probably the weak link there.

Sefia and Kikuri seem to be highly RNG based. I have a pretty nice set of meta units and couldn't get through until I tried a OTK squad. You might have to wait for your cost to catch up.

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

I wonder if dewey is ever going to come back. I kind of got used to having an easy way to keep track of all my units and stuff.

echofriendly
May 25, 2007

It don't mean butt
if it ain't got that jutt.

CashEnsign posted:

How are you guys doing on Frontier Gate? I gave up going for +3 on FH so I switched over to FG, but I keep getting wiped by Sefia - Kikuri on stage 5.

My setup:
Zenia lead (max imp, don't have her sphere yet)
Kikuri
Darvanshel (+ drevas)
Ruby/Selena
Tridon friend (or Griel, tried her for the status immmunity)

Sefia / Kikuri Stage has some bug making it harder. I've seen multiple people say that they blazed through that on JP with inferior units but on GL they keep getting 6-wiped from full health.

CashEnsign
Feb 7, 2015
Ultor's UBB just did 90k damage with Zenia lead + Zenia SBB buff + Reis friend. I had Ultor solo his UBB Sushi boss on the second turn after Zenia SBBed on the first. Took out the 3/4 of his health bar plus plenty of over kill. His first hit critter for 34k damage. I am going to try just firing Ultor without Zenia's SBB buff and see if I can one shot him.

E: I take it back, that was a little low. This time I hit 270 k, then 70k then about 240k with his UBB. The first fight I must have critted for 340k, not 34k.

CashEnsign fucked around with this message at 02:36 on Jul 31, 2015

Ratmtattat
Mar 10, 2004
the hairdryer

I did it. I finally beat Trial X3. I figured out my problem

I was trying to play it on the Windows version.

Apparently it isn't just bugged in damage it does, but Xie'Jing's attack patterns are bugged as well. It's a hell of a lot easier when she isn't draining everybody's BBs, silencing, and damaging 4 times a round.

gently caress that damned thing I am done with it.

Gerdalti
May 24, 2003

SPOON!
Look at this ugly poo poo: .

Someone make a better dewey.zapto.org please. Thanks!

Fake Edit: While I'm here. Exodus is loving mopping the floor with me. Trying to get 2 more drops, and I just get crushed.
Tridon (L), Edea, Loch, Medina, Kira, Deimos (F)

What can I change to make my team not suck for that mission?

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

Praise the chia monster, they finally put in a patch to fix the constant crashes.

Poala Bear
Jan 25, 2007

Gerdalti posted:

Fake Edit: While I'm here. Exodus is loving mopping the floor with me. Trying to get 2 more drops, and I just get crushed.

I found the biggest help to killing Centurion is to not attempt to solo it. Either join a room or open a room and allow people to join mid run.

My setup to get my four void chunks was
Tridon lead
Edea
Kanon
Ultor
Zenia
Bestie friend

I would still get rekt by RNG bullshit like leader skill lockout and buff wiping. There's no avoiding it. But at least with three other people wailing on it, you know it'll eventually die within the time cap.

Majinfefnir13
Oct 11, 2009

Annointed posted:

Praise the chia monster, they finally put in a patch to fix the constant crashes.

It also may have fixed the damage bug too.

:woop: :woop:

After 20+ tries, I finally cleared Frontier Gate and got my Phantom Gizmo.

Deimos and Tora were my true MVPs throughout the run. Also I didn't know you could curse Granvalm which really helped in that fight despite losing Deimos pretty early in the fight.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.
^^^ Nice. That's yet another think I really need to get around to running.

Gerdalti posted:

Zenia/Kanon/Colt/Claire/Darvanshell and a Tridon buddy was doable for me. You can and will still probably get wiped out by the bullshit but as Poala said, run with other people. If you can drop a ton of damage then definitely run with others because if you can outclass them and get 3-4 stars you have a much better shot at getting void chunks too.

I need everything for making Tridon's Trident still. I should really look up where the non-Void Chunk items come from at some point.

Poala Bear
Jan 25, 2007

Evil Fluffy posted:

I need everything for making Tridon's Trident still. I should really look up where the non-Void Chunk items come from at some point.

You get Tridon's and Ultor's sphere material (the piece needed with a Void Chunk) from completing the RC4x2 mission with Mizstrug and Centurion.

I've tried FG five times today (since win or lose they count towards Vortex runs for Daily Tasks) and each time I wipe or barely squeeze past KIkuri/Sefia battle with one unit standing only to wipe at the Defense system.

Is Kikuri's Leader Skill lock a 100% chance of going off on the first turn or am I a victim of RNG? Cause that's what screws me over.

Majinfefnir13
Oct 11, 2009

With the damage bug fixed I finally got around to finishing this trial.

It still was a bit of a challenge, I mostly got lucky and had my Ivris take one of his scripted massive attacks which saved me a revive needed for later.

CashEnsign
Feb 7, 2015
Congrats. Kikuri was lead?

Majinfefnir13
Oct 11, 2009

CashEnsign posted:

Congrats. Kikuri was lead?

Nope, I used Zenia with a Tridon friend though I had a Zenia/Grah from my failed earlier attempt.

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

I can't remember, what level was it that you get enough cost to run 5 7* units? It's 220 or something isn't it?

Ratmtattat
Mar 10, 2004
the hairdryer

Level 214.

Poala Bear
Jan 25, 2007

Agent355 posted:

I can't remember, what level was it that you get enough cost to run 5 7* units? It's 220 or something isn't it?

Originally 214, but JP BF changed some levels and now it's 200 there. Not sure if it was adjusted yet on Global to reflect that.

doomfunk
Feb 29, 2008

Oh, uh, I didn't realize we had a new spreadsheet so I added myself to the new one. Ran down the list trying to send friend reqs but mostly hit full lists.

CashEnsign
Feb 7, 2015

doomfunk posted:

Oh, uh, I didn't realize we had a new spreadsheet so I added myself to the new one. Ran down the list trying to send friend reqs but mostly hit full lists.

I gotchu bb

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Poala Bear posted:

Originally 214, but JP BF changed some levels and now it's 200 there. Not sure if it was adjusted yet on Global to reflect that.

I'm at Lv195 and I'm 2 cost away from running a team of 7* starters (38 cost), or 12 away from running 5 non-starters (40 cost). Level 214 seems like a pretty safe estimate at the moment.

nfthree
Mar 5, 2007

doomfunk posted:

I cleared up some space from people who hadn't logged in in a while.

ID 6558275243

214 is what is shown here:

http://bravefrontierglobal.wikia.com/wiki/Gameplay:Summoner_Level

I don't know how to make fancy links.

I'm 13 levels away from a full 7* team. Hooray for double xp!

Also loving metal mimics drop rate is sucking hard.

nfthree fucked around with this message at 21:05 on Aug 1, 2015

Poala Bear
Jan 25, 2007

nfthree posted:

Also loving metal mimics drop rate is sucking hard.

Do level 1 of Cave of Desires.

I'll get about 7-8 metal mimics for every 90 regular mimics, usually about 17 runs.
That kinda lines up with the 9% appearance/drop rate that was datamined a long time ago. The level 2 dungeon was supposedly 10% appearance/drop rate.

nfthree
Mar 5, 2007

^^ Yea level 1 is what I'm doing. I've had one metal mimic in about 20 runs. FML

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

Just lost 40 energy because my game kept resetting when I switched to my music app. Normally when my game resets it'll return me to my dungeon.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Run level 2 a dozen times and if you still need metal mimics run dark metal parade a couple times and just make them. It'll probably take less stamina.

Poala Bear
Jan 25, 2007
Reeze, Ragshelm, and SHERA are getting 7* treatments in JP BF. Woooooo!!!

Damegane
May 7, 2013
Also of note, Zelnite, Elza, and Shida came out top 3 in the vote for most wanted 7*s. I'm really looking forward to having Zelnite in every squad I field again.

Trebek
Mar 7, 2002
College Slice
Really excited about Shera. My all time fave mitigator. Elza and Shida will be cool too. Shida will probably mean I retire Quaid though. I'm assuming they are going to have to give his SBB some sort of attack.

E: gently caress Zelnite.

Trebek fucked around with this message at 16:51 on Aug 2, 2015

doomfunk
Feb 29, 2008

I'm one of those jerks with a max SBB, imp-capped Zelnite. I'm really looking forward to slamming an earth mecha god and like five dozen earth crystals into him all over again.

Poala Bear
Jan 25, 2007

doomfunk posted:

I'm one of those jerks with a max SBB, imp-capped Zelnite. I'm really looking forward to slamming an earth mecha god and like five dozen earth crystals into him all over again.

This is what'll be like for everyone with a currently maxed Zelnite.

Trebek
Mar 7, 2002
College Slice
I just get sick of having to sell items all the time with Zelnite.

CashEnsign
Feb 7, 2015

Trebek posted:

I just get sick of having to sell items all the time with Zelnite.

Was Zelnite good for something other than item farming at one time? Seems I only use him for Sol creators.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Poala Bear
Jan 25, 2007

CashEnsign posted:

Was Zelnite good for something other than item farming at one time? Seems I only use him for Sol creators.

At the time of his release, his combined leader skill and SBB bonus gave a +33% drop rate to BC and HC, which was one of the highest available. Also, his unique to have BB fill on usage of BB/SBB (6/9 BC respectively) was awesome to have to make sure your mitigator was able at least use their BB every turn during trials. He was a great leader for quests (before the arrival of Rosetta and BB fill on Spark LS), and awesome subunit for trials.

The item droprate was just icing on the cake and made sense since he was the only thief like unit in the game.

• Locked thread