Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ATribeCalledKvetch
Nov 5, 2010

I do hate myself, but it has nothing to do with being Jewish.

blue squares posted:

Are there any poll numbers that show this?

The most recent poll that excluded Biden (PPP) had a pretty even distribution of his votes going to the other candidates. However, all of the polls before that that exclude Biden show Clinton absorbing the vast majority of Biden's votes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

JT Jag posted:

Well, no, because he hasn't joined the field yet.

That doesn't mean pollsters haven't been asking voters about such a scenario anyway

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

Ignite Memories posted:

Some of my facebook 'friends' are freaking out about the planned parenthood videos and I need something to link them. Is there an informative link less obnoxious than the lady telling them they're loving idiots?

http://www.bostonglobe.com/metro/20...l?event=event25

ass cobra
May 28, 2004

by Azathoth
Biden running and not winning would be very :smith:

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

rear end cobra posted:

Bernie/Biden would be cool as gently caress.

I wonder if Biden's going rogue here, or if the Democratic establishment wants him instead of Hillary?

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
Don't know why everyone's assuming Biden's running as a Democrat. He sees the vast field of Republican hopefuls and knows that if he can get into a debate, Diamond Joe will end his political career like a legend. Gonna take them all down with literal malarkey.

Proposition Joe
Oct 8, 2010

He was a good man
If Hillary's campaign implodes, and it most likely will because she is a terrible candidate, then Bernie Sanders wins the nomination with 99% certainty. Martin O'Malley isn't stepping up anytime soon or ever, so if you're the establishment you're probably itching for an establishment alternative.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
YHWH, if true.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

rear end cobra posted:

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

Hey that reminds me, does anyone have the "Joe Biden: Sucks," and "Joe Biden: Still Sucks" images someone drew back in 2008? I remember one of them has a sad-lookin' Joe all alone on a swing-set.

I don't think he sucks, incidentally, but they were decently drawn and kinda funny in context of the 2008 Dem primary.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

Joementum posted:

YHWH, if true.

Did he then pull out a can of spinach, squeeze it open, and pour it into his mouth?

HappyHippo
Nov 19, 2003
Do you have an Air Miles Card?
I hope Biden runs. The republicans may have too many contenders, but the democrats have too few.

Full Battle Rattle
Aug 29, 2009

As long as the times refuse to change, we're going to make a hell of a racket.

Joementum posted:

YHWH, if true.

I just want you to know that someone got this joke, and that it's a good joke.

If Biden enters he officially becomes my second choice.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

I will say that Biden seems like a man who could defeat Trump. Not by just sort of smiling and letting him wear himself out, but really getting down there and calling him an rear end in a top hat. He sure the gently caress got Paul Ryan and Sarah Palin good.

fronz
Apr 7, 2009

Lipstick Apathy
has the fox debate lineup been confirmed yet?

AndNowMax
Sep 25, 2009

Fighting the fight for *mumble* *mumble*

fronz posted:

has the fox debate lineup been confirmed yet?

Not officially, although most metrics have Christie and Kasich in and Perry out. But the final word comes down on the 4th

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

Perry would give them better ratings, so Perry will probably be there

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

In order to stick to the rules and still take advantage of the Perry ratings boost, Fox will announce on the 4th that Perry will actually be moderating the debate.

fronz
Apr 7, 2009

Lipstick Apathy

blue squares posted:

Perry would give them better ratings, so Perry will probably be there

who the hell is going to watch because they'd be amused by perry but not because they'd be amused by trump

neonnoodle
Mar 20, 2008

by exmarx
The NY Times hates Hillary so they love to stir up the FUD.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
I hope Rick Perry is out of the big boy debate, he probably peaked in amusement value in 2012. Him and Santorum can reminisce about the good old days before they were burnouts at the kiddy table.

If I had my way, Huckabee would join them.

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump

goddam so many lame rear end dads in this primary

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
Isn't it safe to assume most fans of Perry also voted for Cruz?

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

Spacebump posted:

Isn't it safe to assume most fans of Perry also voted for Cruz?

I don't know that it is; Cruz burned most, perhaps all, his bridges with the Perry machine in Texas and they all royally hate him, as I recall. Whether that translates down to the level of the basic voter, I couldn't say.

Captain_Maclaine fucked around with this message at 22:44 on Aug 1, 2015

ATribeCalledKvetch
Nov 5, 2010

I do hate myself, but it has nothing to do with being Jewish.

fronz posted:

who the hell is going to watch because they'd be amused by perry but not because they'd be amused by trump

Perry challenged Trump to a pull-up contest after Trump said Perry was a dumbass and his glasses didn't make him look smarter. The onstage squabbling between them would go down in history as loving hilarious.

HUGE PUBES A PLUS
Apr 30, 2005

I want handsome diamond Joe Biden to run. Please run Joe.

I can't believe the first debate is almost here. It feels like a big holiday is coming up. Picking which will be allowed at the first debate is dumb, let them all get on stage.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.
Yeah, I'd want Perry in the big boy debate just to watch him with Trump.

HUGE PUBES A PLUS
Apr 30, 2005

Could there be a place for Mama Grizzly in the Trump administration?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6gxuqRBkNE

We can only hope so. :allears:

Martin Random
Jul 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Trump builds his political machine

http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/presidential-races/249983-trump-builds-his-political-machine

quote:

Donald Trump is assembling a team of political strategists and campaign staffers charged with sustaining his lead in the Republican presidential polls.

While strategists say Trump still got a ways to go to catch up to his rivals for the White House, he is taking aggressive steps to build a political machine, particularly in the early voting states of Iowa and New Hampshire.

With his popularity among Republican voters seemingly impervious to controversy — even rival Jeb Bush has called his candidacy a "phenomenon" — the billionaire businessman is in an enviable position heading into the first Republican debate on Thursday in Cleveland.
"The proof is in the pudding: He's winning. So by definition doing the right thing... People like his attitude. He's a scrapper. He fights," one political strategist said.

"He jumped into the race and stunned everyone by soaring to the top of polls — and maintaining a lead," the strategist said. "Now he's building the infrastructure around it and he's putting together a pretty good campaign team."

Earlier this week, Trump announced that he'd hired Michael Glassner, a former chief of staff to 2008 Republican vice presidential nominee Sarah Palin. Glassner was also an adviser to former Sen. Bob Dole (R-Kan.) during his presidential campaign.

Glassner is joining a Trump team that is expanding on the ground in Iowa, New Hampshire and South Carolina — key caucus and primary states that are often decisive in the march to the nomination.

While strategists suggested that Trump is lagging behind the infrastructure of other campaigns, Trump campaign manager Corey Lewandowski expressed confidence that their organizing efforts are on track.

"I don't think we're outnumbered at all," said Lewandowski, a former director at the conservative Americans for Prosperity (AFP). "The poll numbers show that Mr. Trump is the leading candidate ... his message to 'Make America Great Again' is resonating."

Lewandowski said that Glassner "is going to work to ensure that Mr. Trump has the best grassroots network in the country."

Trump has nabbed top political strategists in Iowa and South Carolina who had a role in pulling off major political upsets in those states during the 2012 Republican cycle.

Veteran strategist Chuck Laudner is spearheading the efforts in Iowa, managing a team of about 10 full-time staffers.

Laudner's claim to fame was being one of the chief architects of Rick Santorum's stunning Iowa caucus political victory in 2012, which propelled him forward to an overall second-place finish in the delegate count behind Mitt Romney.

"We're going to run the best ground game in the country out there," Lewandowski said. "Chuck is the best political operative in the state of Iowa."

In South Carolina, Trump has a team of about seven full-time staffers working to make inroads in the state. He's nabbed Ed McMullen, the state's GOP co-chairman, and Gerri McDaniel, who worked on Gov. Nikki Haley's (R) gubernatorial campaign and Newt Gingrich's 2012 presidential campaign.

Gingrich, a former Speaker of the House, won the South Carolina primary in 2012.

In New Hampshire, Matt Ciepielowski is leading up a team of about five full-time Trump staffers, and Lewandowski said they're "quickly assembling a top team." Ciepielowski is a former AFP field director for the Granite State.

Strategists and political watchers noted that Trump's political rivals — including Bush, Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker and Sen. Marco Rubio (R-Fla.) — had a head start when it comes to the ground game.

So while Trump's argument that he's a political outsider might resonate in the polls, he still faces a challenge in converting crowds to votes — especially in Iowa, said Donna Hoffman, political science department head at the University of Northern Iowa.

"Trump seems to be activating people who are disaffected by the political system," Hoffman said. "Still, he's behind the ball a little bit in terms of infrastructure in the state. But it's not too late — if he wants to organize here, he's got the money and the name recognition."

Rick Wilson, a Florida-based Republican strategist, said that Trump's perceived political strength of saying what he thinks and speaking off the cuff could hurt him over the long term.

"No matter who he hires, Donald Trump is no doubt running his own campaign," Wilson said. "He's his own spokesman, campaign manger and political consultant. Sometimes there's a point where that's not necessarily a good thing."

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
"Earlier this week, Trump announced that he'd hired Michael Glassner, a former chief of staff to 2008 Republican vice presidential nominee Sarah Palin. Glassner was also an adviser to former Sen. Bob Dole (R-Kan.) during his presidential campaign."

Sounds like a loser to me.

AndNowMax
Sep 25, 2009

Fighting the fight for *mumble* *mumble*
hey kid, been a while

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

JT Jag posted:

"Earlier this week, Trump announced that he'd hired Michael Glassner, a former chief of staff to 2008 Republican vice presidential nominee Sarah Palin. Glassner was also an adviser to former Sen. Bob Dole (R-Kan.) during his presidential campaign."

eh, wasnt like he had a lot to work with

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Gregoriev posted:

Perry challenged Trump to a pull-up contest after Trump said Perry was a dumbass and his glasses didn't make him look smarter. The onstage squabbling between them would go down in history as loving hilarious.

But we also need Christie in so we can see someone try and out loudmouth Trump. Kaisich is clearly the least entertaining option, so dump him.

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

AndNowMax posted:

hey kid, been a while

So to do that we should shove the American flag in our eye socket

William Bear
Oct 26, 2012

"That's what they all say!"
Has Trump announced any policy advisors? It would be boring to just hear the same vague bluster for all his campaign. He has the money to buy a crank dream team.

He's already hinted at Gowdy as AG , I want to see his ideas.

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx

JT Jag posted:

Glassner worked on Dole and W's 2000 campaigns. He was the guy McCain sent to babysit Palin.

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

For some reason I am still holding out hope that someday we will collectively accept that Reagan was a monster and pictures like this will be a relic of the terrible times our country went through in the leadup and transition to the 21st century.

baw
Nov 5, 2008

RESIDENT: LAISSEZ FAIR-SNEZHNEVSKY INSTITUTE FOR FORENSIC PSYCHIATRY

Good Citizen posted:

rear end dads

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vladimir Putin
Mar 17, 2007

by R. Guyovich
Trump can't be a serious candidate. He only exists to pull heat away from the more serious ones.

• Locked thread