Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Inflammatory
Apr 22, 2014
they thought the vocals in this song were bad, just to give you an idea of just how terrible everyone in that thread is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

did these people meltdown at the #fe trailer too

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Ibram Gaunt posted:

absolutely

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Ibram Gaunt posted:

It was like when the Nazis opened the Ark of the Convenient

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

I wish I read the wii u thread in that case.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

I would be lying if I said I wasn't a tiny bit disapointed at what #fe ended up actually being at first but getting upset about it or w/e is silly.

Still hoping for some new trailers that show off some SMT cameos or whatever, unless it's all just going to be Fire Emblem.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Inflammatory posted:

they thought the vocals in this song were bad, just to give you an idea of just how terrible everyone in that thread is.

I heard there was controversy over it and didn't know why because I've listened to the soundtrack a million times and that's one of the best songs on there.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
Seriously they make a big deal about violence in videogames like it's 1996

but when Nintendo adds like a blood slash graphic in something they put on their big boy pants and be all like that nintendo is pushing boundries

But if they see tits or rear end then they retreat to their hovels and shriek.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

I had a bad kneejerk reaction to the song but the more I heard it the more I started genuinely liking it.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Beef Chief posted:

I heard there was controversy over it and didn't know why because I've listened to the soundtrack a million times and that's one of the best songs on there.
because it isn't a generic rpg song

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I had the same reaction too until I heard "on a sea of dark matter" and then loved it because that line is great

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

quick, name a xenoblade song that isn't you will know our names

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Inflammatory posted:

Because it broke the imagined trend of Nintendo using jazz music for everything. Having a rock instrumental track is something SOME OTHER HOLLOW SHALLOW COMPANIES would do.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Endorph posted:

quick, name a xenoblade song that isn't you will know our names

Engage the Enemy and Mechanical Rhythm are good

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I remain utterly bewildered that anyone could call Xenoblade "not anime." It has the most anime loving plot in the world. It's basically a mecha anime JRPG (shocking for a Xeno game) except instead of a mecha the protagonist has a laser sword. The ending would be the most JRPG ending in the world if Lightning Returns didn't exist.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Here's some other good Xenoblade Chronicles X music

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.

Endorph posted:

kanji, is best girl

... Sure, why not.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

W.T. Fits posted:

... Sure, why not.

I am actually disgusted

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

ImpAtom posted:

I remain utterly bewildered that anyone could call Xenoblade "not anime." It has the most anime loving plot in the world. It's basically a mecha anime JRPG (shocking for a Xeno game) except instead of a mecha the protagonist has a laser sword. The ending would be the most JRPG ending in the world if Lightning Returns didn't exist.

Dred Cosmonaut posted:

"Xenoblade is not anime, because I like it"

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

ImpAtom posted:

but they like it, and it has british accents, and louisgod said it wasn't anime. even though all the official art is two girls in swimsuits feeling each other up

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.

ImpAtom posted:

iirc one of the writers even said the plot was based on some kind of anime or something.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Well the plot is just based on Xenogears, but it's actually good

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Dr. Fetus posted:

iirc one of the writers even said the plot was based on some kind of anime or something.

he said that with xenoblade chronicles they were trying to make a plot like that which would appear in a typical cartoon or comic for boys, rather than the wackiness of takahashi's previous games

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

ImpAtom posted:

It's 100% the British accents. I turned on japanese voices for my playthrough (because I heard the english already) and it was no different than Persona in japanese goofiness, right down to Riki introducing himself with an idol v-sign pose.

Endorph posted:

but they like it, and it has british accents, and louisgod said it wasn't anime. even though all the official art is two girls in swimsuits feeling each other up

Louisgod is a closet self-hating weaboo that goes to smash tournaments with fox only, final destination.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Congrats Xenoblade, you made a mascot character that I actually liked. Not even Persona could do this.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

ImpAtom posted:

The robot girl who dies but is then remade into a Cyborg even looks the same as Aigis

like you put them together in the same image and they look like Sisters.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Nah, because Fiora doesn't look like poo poo unlike Aigis.

OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

ImpAtom posted:

I remain utterly bewildered that anyone could call Xenoblade "not anime."

Some people try to say Persona 4 isn't anime.

Inflammatory
Apr 22, 2014
fiora is extremely lacking in the hoof department

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Inflammatory posted:

fiora is extremely lacking in the hoof department

Get her final ultimate omega alpha beta armor

bitch don't have legs

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

ImpAtom posted:

I'm really confused sometimes by what games goons standards are for "anime", like the point at which they start melting down if someone starts posting about it near them. It's actually a bit surprising to me that atelier games and such are considered acceptable in the rpg thread.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Xenoblade was rear end to play though. Like I say P3 was rear end to play usually, but Xenoblade is like zzzzzzzzzz. That's part of why I'm not excited about X as much as I could be because the gameplay just looks the same... Also I've read spoilers and the story sounds kinda boring.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
Valak Mountains in Xenoblade looked like a level out of South Park 64.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Beef Chief posted:

Xenoblade was rear end to play though. Like I say P3 was rear end to play usually, but Xenoblade is like zzzzzzzzzz. That's part of why I'm not excited about X as much as I could be because the gameplay just looks the same... Also I've read spoilers and the story sounds kinda boring.
chronicles' gameplay was okay, but only if you went against every natural instinct and kicked out the two best friend characters

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I only abandoned REYN TIME after Dunban showed up.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

I didn't do any side content whatsoever including the heart to hearts, and I still don't regret it.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Same

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Endorph posted:

chronicles' gameplay was okay, but only if you went against every natural instinct and kicked out the two best friend characters

I thought playing as Reyn was pretty fun. :shobon:

Edit: Still haven't beaten the game because I keep making the mistake of doing all the sidequests and then I just burn out.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

god #fe looks so sick. i'm gonna go find the trailer and post it itt

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

yeah people talked aobut how THE EXPANSIVE SIDE CONTENT IN XENOBLADE REDEFINES THE GENRE

*scratches rear end*

*runs around cliff that looks like it came out of quest 64*

*kills ten bears*