Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tHkhJ1LvtkM

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Like it took me three years to finish Xenoblade because I would just stop wanting to play and remember I had it a year later and it wasn't until the start of this year that I forced myself to finish it so I could sell it before the 3DS version come around and knocked the value down a bit.

Nice 90 bucks I got from it

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

Endorph posted:

*runs around cliff that looks like it came out of quest 64*
I had that game. It was not good.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

xenoblade was kind of dumb in how it doled out characters. once you leave colony 9 your third party slot is filled by a healer in a game where healers are boring to the point that they removed them in x, but then your next alternative is having two tanks at the same time. you can't really build fun parties until well into the forest area.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Nate RFB posted:

nope!

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
I did all of the side content to Xenoblade and I did enjoy it.

I could do without the collect/kill 10 of something style sidequests though.

Also their quest tracking was godawful

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Beef Chief posted:

Like it took me three years to finish Xenoblade because I would just stop wanting to play and remember I had it a year later and it wasn't until the start of this year that I forced myself to finish it so I could sell it before the 3DS version come around and knocked the value down a bit.

Nice 90 bucks I got from it

Yeah, same. Except i'm an idiot so whenever I remember I still haven't finished it I decide to start from the beginning.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
I got to the summoner's city and then stopped and looked up a story movie because I realized that's all I cared about, and the playing part was solved for the most part. But that's my problem with most turn-based RPGs.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I never restart an RPG after leaving it for a while. If I forget things these games are attuned in such a way that I usually remember very quickly what was happening or I just go on Wikipedia and look up a summary until I find where I am.

Blhue
Apr 22, 2008

Fallen Rib

Nate RFB posted:

:agreed:

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
What''s worse is that Nintendo seems loving intent on shoe-horning amiibos into their games. Because all their exclusive releases this year and last year qwere pretty much garbage and plastic toys sold better than real games.

Meaning that the SMT FE game could very well have locked content that you need to pay 15 dollars for multiple times just to have it all.

Also the amiibo thread is full of depraved idiots.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Pretty sure I bought it after renting it, and knew at least two other people who did the same, so it was weird in that there was something about those first few hours that hooked people only to slowly realize what a huge mistake they just made.

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008
I'm glad that Nintendo is making all their games have day 1 DLC with hefty pricetags, that require you to purchase a low-quality figurine that is also produced in low enough quantities that not everyone can buy the unlock key for their on-disc DLC.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Freak Futanari posted:

I'm glad that Nintendo is making all their games have day 1 DLC with hefty pricetags, that require you to purchase a low-quality figurine that is also produced in low enough quantities that not everyone can buy the unlock key for their on-disc DLC.

Now it gets even better they're throwing down Magic The Gathering type amiibo cards that you can use inplace of buying a physical amiibo.

But the cards packs are all mixed so there's no guarantee and they cost almost as much as an amiibo.

Splatoon+ the amiibos ran up to around 90-100 bucks in total.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

I'm hoping someone makes an amiibo spoofer so I don't have to wait in line at target at 6 in the morning to unlock the Demifiend.

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008
IMO, Nintendo should take a cue from EA, who has more sensible DLC policies

Blhue
Apr 22, 2008

Fallen Rib
my choice to not buy nintendo consoles that don't fit in my hand is further vindicated.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

at least none of the amiibo stuff is ever that important

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Blhue posted:

my choice to not buy nintendo consoles that don't fit in my hand is further vindicated.

I swaer to god if the NX just turns out to be a 400 dollar Skylanders portal I am so loving done with their horse poo poo.

They've been treading water with their consoles for almost two decades now.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Endorph posted:

at least none of the amiibo stuff is ever that important

....yet.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

I have 3 amiibos and they're all cute, so I think amiibos in general are pretty neat.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

SyntheticPolygon posted:

I have 3 amiibos and they're all cute, so I think amiibos in general are pretty neat.

They're loving pussy gently caress from the shithole of satan herself.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Blhue posted:

i can fit a wii u in my hand

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Amiibos are cool, however nintendo of america's lovely business practices with them are not.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

bayo 2 is in it rn

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

terrible direction for this once-proud thread

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

thinkin about playing some splatoon

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
Wii-U has about as much good exclusives as the Playstation Vita.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

anyone wanna play smash

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

The Taint Reaper posted:

Wii-U has about as much good exclusives as the Playstation Vita.
so, lots

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008

Ruggington posted:

anyone wanna play smash

Sorry, i don't play entry-level casual fighting games

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

i wanna play something waiting for the ronda fight but idk what. rocket league probably

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Freak Futanari posted:

Sorry, i don't play entry-level casual fighting games

whats your nnid

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Endorph posted:

so, lots

I've got almost 20 games for each console.

the Wii-U is weak beyond compare.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.

epitasis posted:

terrible direction for this once-proud thread

This is what happens when you allow your taints to get reaped.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

epitasis posted:

i wanna play something waiting for the ronda fight but idk what. rocket league probably

i've been meaning to play rocket league but every time I turn on my ps4 i end up playing bloodborne and I don't own it on steam

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Rocket League is really, really good and you should try it

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
rocket league actually caught EA Sport's attention due to how well received it was.

A NON REALISTIC SPORTS GAME IS POPULAR????

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

That's why ea will be publishing persona 4 backyard baseball pitching all afternoon

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Persona's pretty cool.