Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.
I've been a fan of prog rock for years, and a fan of Yes also, but I was rewatching some of Fringe just now and at the beginning of an episode Roundabout starts up and the first thing that jumped into my brain was "Oh poo poo, Jojo! Do I have another tab open?" before i registered that it was just a part of the show's soundtrack. It's worked it's insidious charisma into my brain. It's dark sensuality overwhelming me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neowyrm
Dec 23, 2011

It's not like I pack a lunch box full of missiles when I go to work!

Prison Warden posted:

It's dark sensuality overwhelming me.

erotic

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
I like how Avdol just wants to kill Dio because he's not comfortable with the fact he's attracted to him. :allears:

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

DIO strikes me as the sort of villain who would actually become super depressed if he managed to finally kill off his arch-nemesis (or in this case his arch-nemesis's bloodline).

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Pretty sure the Joestars were dog poo poo on his shoe on his way to his great destiny

If you think about it, he always had Jonathan with him, anyway.

tiistai
Nov 1, 2012

Solo Melodica

Ytlaya posted:

DIO strikes me as the sort of villain who would actually become super depressed if he managed to finally kill off his arch-nemesis (or in this case his arch-nemesis's bloodline).

Well he did seem to be in almost disbelief for a moment when Jonathan finally died, even though he killed Jonathan himself.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Ytlaya posted:

He actually did kill Jonathan, though. If anything, taking his body seemed to improve his own self-esteem.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

If you suddenly had a banging body like that your self esteem would take a bump too, no doubt.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

It's friday :smith:

Iserlohn
Nov 3, 2011

Watch out!

Here comes the third tactic.
Lipstick Apathy
No anime, no life.

Pootybutt
Apr 5, 2011

So pumped at the thought of Part 4 and onward getting translated to animation and how the animators will have to work around the crazier moments. Parts of this comic just suddenly leap from shounen poses and gore to straight up modern art.

FeedingHam2Cats
Nov 10, 2009

tiistai posted:

Well he did seem to be in almost disbelief for a moment when Jonathan finally died, even though he killed Jonathan himself.

Even when he thought he beat Jotaro he was like "woah...I actually did it. I beat the Joestars. I can finally stop worrying and become what I always wanted to be" like he just paid off all his student debt with one payment

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

hey so uh

the season 1 dub seems to be up on amazon video

so that's a thing

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

Enourmo posted:

hey so uh

the season 1 dub seems to be up on amazon video

so that's a thing

It's good! Also only for the US apparently?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vZiBPeQb_lg

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

That voice sounds like it'd fit Jonathan better than Joseph.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Joseph is the one character I really can't get my head round an english voice for, Sugita just completely owned that role and the loss of his engrish is a tremendous loss to the world

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Sugita's amazing, but Diskin is closer to what I imagine Joseph sounding.

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

C'mon people post those dub clips.

ActionZero
Jan 22, 2011

I act once more in
imitation of light

littleorv posted:

C'mon people post those dub clips.

Okay.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=svqegGYB6ac

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

They cut the tacos line. :(

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I'm actually disappointed they didn't go with the lines of Joseph's confidence taking a hit because they thought he was ugly.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

I'm surprised there's no clip of the dubbed Awaken My Masters scene yet.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

Beef Chief posted:

I'm actually disappointed they didn't go with the lines of Joseph's confidence taking a hit because they thought he was ugly.

it added to his character, so yeah, it's kinda sad that they changed it

ActionZero
Jan 22, 2011

I act once more in
imitation of light
It was I, Dio!

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

I CAN'T TAKE IT

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Beef Chief posted:

Baal....

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

The more I listen, the more Joseph sounds like Numbah One.

Diskin is doing his voice, I presume?

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

got it in one

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

The more I listen, the more Joseph sounds like Numbah One.

Diskin is doing his voice, I presume?

Yeah, it's Ben Diskin. The Eisidisi clip I just linked has Joseph be a dead ringer for Numbah One.

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

Thanks for posting some dub clips people. I've been really looking forward to the dub I don't think I can stream it since I live in Canada.

itskage
Aug 26, 2003

Man I hate Joseph's dubbed voice. I feel like the original he's smooth talking street smart (because he is?) but this he sounds more like the stereotypical annoyed nobleman. That sound about right?

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

MORT cancels dance: interrupted by MORT
To me he sounds exactly like Numbuh One, who was a: a planner and b: goofy at times, but he wasn't a goofy planner like Joseph, if you get my meaning.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Pootybutt posted:

So pumped at the thought of Part 4 and onward getting translated to animation and how the animators will have to work around the crazier moments. Parts of this comic just suddenly leap from shounen poses and gore to straight up modern art.

Jojo is the only anime I have watched where I ever thought "I wish they focused on these still frames a bit longer"

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

itskage posted:

Man I hate Joseph's dubbed voice. I feel like the original he's smooth talking street smart (because he is?) but this he sounds more like the stereotypical annoyed nobleman. That sound about right?

As someone who read the manga far before the anime existing Sugita's voice was actually really weird to hear at first. At no point when I looked at Joseph Joestar did I ever think his voice was smooth or deep, I honestly still don't. Sugita's the exception for the character not the rule, because prior to Sugita there already was a Joseph voice and Hochu Otsuka's Joseph is pretty much what I thought it should be because it was a scrappy, rough, and the complete opposite of the kind of voice someone like Jonathan should have.

Portraying him as smooth talking when he actively resorted to resolving arguments by trying to fight people, made on the fly plans that any sane person would not attempt, and genuinely being a huge smart rear end are Joseph Joestar. They went with a different thing here than just outright imitate Sugita as they could've tried to do and it honestly works fine to me.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

He'll always be a mild cockney in my mind when young. He's a Texan when he's old.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

How did the dub do Happy Joypy?

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
He just goads Santana into smiling and then goes for something similar to the line for the last part of it.

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

How is the Jonathan/Dio hate-gently caress scene?

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

Normie Slayer posted:

How is the Jonathan/Dio hate-gently caress scene?

As good as your dreams make it, as always

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brutal Garcon
Nov 2, 2014

Following the advice of this thread, I read part 4.

Part 4 is good and will make a good cartoon.

Slightly worried about the censorship, Crazy Diamond needs a certain amount of gore.

• Locked thread