Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
Boy I was trying to build a Toon and a Red-Eyes deck but the prices are INSANE at my locals. Toon Kingdom and Mimicat at 20 bucks each, Red Stone of Legend 50...ouch.

I better sold the small skeleton I had for both decks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skull Servant
Oct 25, 2009

loving hell. Thought the prices were going to be bad but I didn't realise they'd be that bad. Kinda like the Dark Magician fusion cards of DOL1. Best to wait a couple of weeks. The decks aren't going to be competitive and the prices will drop like a stone.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
So I've been playing Melodious Lockdown recently.

It's fun when it goes off.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Guys.

Symphonic Warrior Gustos are pretty good.

Lisandra_brave
May 26, 2013

You really think someone would do that?
Just go on the internet and tell lies?
Symphonic warrior speedroids are good too. Symphonics in general are gud.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

Dabir posted:

Guys.

Symphonic Warrior Gustos are pretty good.

Can I get a deck list? I like Gustos and I want to use them again.

Lisandra_brave
May 26, 2013

Senerio posted:

Can I get a deck list? I like Gustos and I want to use them again.

guitaars discard gusto griffin.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

3 guitaars 3 miccs 3 sizzers, 2 of each tuner symphonic, 3 griffin, 3 pilica, 2-3 risebell the summoner, build as you like from there. Remember plenty of wind synchros in the extra deck, at least one for each level. Definitely daigusto sphreeze. Also that rank 3 levia-thing. Still not happy with my own deck tbh.

Lisandra_brave
May 26, 2013

I'd say go with 3 piaano, simply because leviair exists and can fuel silly combos.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

You shouldn't have any trouble getting Piaano out of the deck though, and you only need one in the graveyard to make Leviair with Guitaars or Pilica.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Hm.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

I'm running a super lovely build but holy poo poo Symphonic Gustos are a ton of fun.

EDIT: This is one of the craziest, most fun duels I've ever had. I made a few misplays here and there, but eh, I'll blame it on still getting the hang of how Symphonics work.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/7av19lqjc0kvctg/SYMPHONIC%20WARRIORS%20VERSUS%20DRAGUNITIES.yrp?dl=0

My final move in that duel was 100% pure anime bullshit.

EDIT II: So I've been messing with Symphonic Gustos all evening, and I've found they can make really good use of the Speedroid Synchros, Hi-Speedroid Dahma and Hi-Speedroid Chanbarider. I'm also going to be testing out these in the deck when I get a chance:

http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Speedroid_Taketonborg
http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Speedroid_Ohajikid

Vandar fucked around with this message at 02:45 on Aug 3, 2015

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I love the new red dragon cards, but my deck still needs some speed because I refuse to remove and change things out for stuff I don't like.

Also my Calamity got Raigeki'd and I could't get Scarright out of the graveyard, why?

I kinda don't want to keep my barrier resonators since Synchron fills the spot as a level 1 tuner with far more utility just fine, but I also feel like protection for resonators might be necessary.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

I would honestly say wait until High Speed Riders is out and we have all of Jack's new support from that before you mess with Red Dragon Archfiend.dek too much.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
NO I NEED TO BE THE KING NOW

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

NO YOU CAN'T BE THE KING YOU'RE THE CHIEF

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

It's the Final Countdown.

Beef Chief posted:

NO I NEED TO BE THE KING NOW

Jack Atlas is a bad character. You should build blackwings and be the manly Crow instead, who is canonically the manliest Yugioh character.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Shut up Slur, I don't give a gently caress about your poo poo right now, I AM TRYING TO BE THE KING.

I may be joking.

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

Beef Chief posted:

Shut up Slur, I don't give a gently caress about your poo poo right now, I AM TRYING TO BE THE KING.

I may be joking.

I might be as well.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
no

there are no jokes in yugioh

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

Beef Chief posted:

no

there are no jokes in yugioh

Oh come now, Yusei Fudo is the greatest standup comic. They just wrote it out because they didn't get to season 3.

Skull Servant
Oct 25, 2009

The only joke in YGO is your skill level m8

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

Cabinet posted:

The only joke in YGO is your skill level m8

Yeah, because it's comically high!

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Slur posted:

Yeah, because it's comically high!

Slur, it hurts to see your delusions sometimes.

Skull Servant
Oct 25, 2009

I say all this without playing since March. I really want to get back into it but I have no irl friends to play with :(

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Play online with all of us!

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

Dexie posted:

Slur, it hurts to see your delusions sometimes.

It hurts to watch you lose so badly to my skills.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Yu-Gi-Oh: The Slur Show

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

wheres the jester, I could do with some pointless nonsense right about now

At one point or another someone needs to challenge Slur to an honor duel and force him to shut his mouth about his skills.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
My favorite lockdown deck:
The Lock:
3x Terminal World
1-3x Chacu Challua
3x Mausoleum
3x Timeater
3x Miracle Flipper
3x Anti-Spell Fragrance
The Draw Power:
3x Duality
3x Upstart
3x Shining Angel (For Flipper)
Then fill out to taste with staples/Creature Swap/Taunt/etc and whatnot.

How it works (Assuming an ideal hand containing Timeater, Mausoleum, Terminal World, Chacu Challhua, Flipper):
Get Miracle Flipper on the opponent's field (either by Creature swap or by forcing a kill somehow)
Play Terminal World
Summon Timeater (Mausoleum works, as does a single tribute (via Creature Swap)
Kill Miracle Flipper with Timeater
At the end of the battle phase, Flipper is summoned to the opponent's field
End turn
Opponent's turn: Draw Phase, Standby Phase, Battle Phase, End Phase
Your Turn:
Summon Chacu Challhua
End Turn
Opponent's turn: Draw Phase, Standby Phase, Battle Phase, End Phase
Your Turn:
Switch Chacu Challhua to defense position
End Turn
Opponent's turn: Draw Phase, Standby Phase, End Phase
Every turn after that:
End Turn
Opponent's turn: Draw Phase, Standby Phase, End Phase

(I also run Melodious Lockdown, but that's less once it's off)

Senerio fucked around with this message at 16:43 on Aug 3, 2015

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Does anyone have a use for Destiny Hero - Departed? I've always wondered what the hell it's good for.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

Dabir posted:

Does anyone have a use for Destiny Hero - Departed? I've always wondered what the hell it's good for.

Rank 2 XYZ play. Imperial Iron Wall as well. Then you can summon dudes to their side, and then you have a weak monster on the opponent's side in Attack Position.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Xoidanor posted:

Yu-Gi-Oh: The Slur Show

Yu-Gi-Oh!: Slur's D

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Dabir posted:

Bullshit anime combos.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
So did anyone get that new Legacy of the Duelist game? I'm wondering if it'd be worth getting.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Senerio posted:

So did anyone get that new Legacy of the Duelist game? I'm wondering if it'd be worth getting.

Looks good

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cp4fxe75810

Koguma
Sep 1, 2007

One of the Big Seven !!

Cabinet posted:

I say all this without playing since March. I really want to get back into it but I have no irl friends to play with :(

I have irl friends and tournaments that are local. :getin:

...I haven't won in a while though. Locals are crowded with Nekroz :smith:

Skull Servant
Oct 25, 2009

I helped set up a locals with my friends! Then I moved countries.

I tried getting involved in locals here but the community was meh and its a lot harder for me to enjoy myself when I'm going on my own.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.
Used to play in high school with a lunch time group in the library. Bad stories about Antes and an obvious deck stacker make me upset at those days.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BurritoJustice
Oct 9, 2012

Can anyone recommend me a reasonably cheap good deck to get back into the game with? I used to play casually with a few friends way back before Synchros became a thing, and recently a bunch of my friends have been into the modern game (all my old cards are seemingly worthless in the current meta). My friends have masked hero, lightsworn, blackwing, nekroz and odd-eyes decks, so I'd rather get something different to any of those. I'm only going to be playing casually, no comps.

• Locked thread