Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010

Seraph is S7 now?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Genghis Cohen
Jun 29, 2013
Apparently Mobile Brigada renders or concepts were shown, and they are coming soon-ish in a box of 4? Someone please confirm this, I have waited ages for those.

Bear Throne
Apr 9, 2014

Genghis Cohen posted:

Apparently Mobile Brigada renders or concepts were shown, and they are coming soon-ish in a box of 4? Someone please confirm this, I have waited ages for those.

I don't know the exact box size but yes.

edit Human Sphere notes:

-The book is slated for a christmas release, but take that with the usual grain of CB logistics

Evo bots are now hackers with their own set of programs
-They do count as hackers for taking other bots
-CA is getting an evo hacker as well

New Killer Hacking device with programs designed around killing other hackers.
-Both interventor and tacbow ninja variants confirmed, with CA also getting their own program for it

Fireteams are getting better defined with new types coming
-They are maintianing the current bonuses
-New Duo fireteam lets two models move togather in the same order

MRRF and Shasvesti updates getting moved to Archeon Falls to give more time for further revamps
-Both will still be playable, they will just get full updates in AF
-they will be replaced by USAriadna and Onyx(EI+Sygma) in HS respectively
-MRRF was stated to be getting updates to better represent their "Rapid Response" title
-Shas are getting a Morat like revamp

That's all I remember right now.

Bear Throne fucked around with this message at 21:06 on Aug 1, 2015

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010
Random other info:

Next month releases:
-Nisse HMG resculpt
-Domaru resculpt box
-Drone Remote resculpt "with a surprise" (possibly CA tinbot?)
-Hunzakut (not sure if resculpt :v:)
-Kosuil (Tohaa pioneer and the only release confirmed not to be a resculpt)
-also the cardboard terrain from USAriadna pack

Guijia resculpt this year, looks like an oversized Zuyong with a hook sword
Zhanyings early next year, let's churn out more resculpts instead
Ca get new batroids, including bigger ones (S5-6?)
Shasvastii get squatted exrahed kicked out from HSN3 to AF, apparently to playtest them better and stuffs, they won't get releases in the meantime. Same goes for MRRF.
RPG kickstarter in August, LE mini for backers (RusAriadna character, Yevgeniy Voronin (sp?))

This infobatch brought to you by the word resculpt. For gently caress's sake I had to copy-paste resculpt. Resculpt resculpt resculpt. No, I'm not bitter, at all, nuh-uh :rant:

Corbeau
Sep 13, 2010

Jack of All Trades

I need this.

... Just saying.

ANYWAY.

Pierzak posted:

-Hunzakut (not sure if resculpt :v:)

I am so ready. Hoping it's a female version; the concept art has been around forever.

Genghis Cohen
Jun 29, 2013

Bear Throne posted:

I don't know the exact box size but yes.

Praise jeebus! I have absolutely got to get my little fuckers fully painted by the end of the year. No painting (I'm away) till late september, so there's not much time. So much I want to do, so relatively unsatisfied with older paintjobs, so much new stuff to get . . .

And that brings me to the point that I don't actually mind resculpts. I know everyone has certain things they really want, and maybe it is most important to have 1+ models for every unit type. But it's also important to follow a cohesive design throughout factions. At the end of the day I sometimes wonder if infinity is approaching capacity. If not for actual models, then for unit types. What is it, about 30 unit types per faction? 50? That is a lot of different models when you multiply by average number of loadouts. How can they keep them all fairly modern and still try to push out fresh content?

Corbeau
Sep 13, 2010

Jack of All Trades
Skipping through the seminar archive, and I think that I found the Hunzakut:

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Pierzak posted:

Seraph is S7 now?
no m8 that is s6 base

also Nisse sculpt, me likely.

Bear Throne
Apr 9, 2014
Moving this to a new post:

Bear Throne posted:

edit Human Sphere notes:

-The book is slated for a christmas release, but take that with the usual grain of CB logistics

Evo bots are now hackers with their own set of programs
-They do count as hackers for taking other bots
-CA is getting an evo hacker as well

New Killer Hacking device with programs designed around killing other hackers.
-Both interventor and tacbow ninja variants confirmed, with CA also getting their own program for it

Fireteams are getting better defined with new types coming
-They are maintianing the current bonuses
-New Duo fireteam lets two models move togather in the same order

MRRF and Shasvesti updates getting moved to Archeon Falls to give more time for further revamps
-Both will still be playable, they will just get full updates in AF
-they will be replaced by USAriadna and Onyx(EI+Sygma) in HS respectively
-MRRF was stated to be getting updates to better represent their "Rapid Response" title
-Shas are getting a Morat like revamp

That's all I remember right now.

August releases: alguacil hacker, grunts swc box, tiger spitfire, acmon- Dactyls officer
Sept releases: nisse hmg, domaru, hunzakut, CA drones, kosuil assault pioneers (tohaa), Navajo terrain pack

Bear Throne fucked around with this message at 21:09 on Aug 1, 2015

Corbeau
Sep 13, 2010

Jack of All Trades
Sad panda that the Sygmaa are being lumped in with the EI. I was hoping for a lot more Sygmaa units (and sculpts) over time, but they won't get them if the EI drones are filling those army slots.

Genghis Cohen
Jun 29, 2013
Like I say, there can only be so many full sub-factions of 15-20 units in the game!

So much good stuff though.

Corbeau
Sep 13, 2010

Jack of All Trades
Also, no Govads this year. :(

Bear Throne
Apr 9, 2014

Corbeau posted:

Sad panda that the Sygmaa are being lumped in with the EI. I was hoping for a lot more Sygmaa units (and sculpts) over time, but they won't get them if the EI drones are filling those army slots.

If it makes you feel any better Boistra mentioned Sygma Symbiote armor.
Also Symbiote armor is effectively a mood ring.

Corbeau
Sep 13, 2010

Jack of All Trades
Symbiont Armor Sygmaa warband, CB. Make it happen.

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010

Flipswitch posted:

no m8 that is s6 base
Look again. Proportions. Much thinner than a 40mm base.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

CB 40mms are spastic thin though and that's just a CB render mate.

Cyclomatic
May 29, 2012

"I'm past caring about what might be lost by letting alphabet soups monitor every last piece of communication between every human being on the planet."

I unironically love Big Brother.
CB seems to be doing a much better job of communicating what is going on, and why it is going on. Although they don't seem to be doing a very good job of widely distributing that information.

They also seem to have figured out that they need official positions for interim stuff. We explicitly know that stuff like Azrail or Keltar rules are interim rules that are 100% official and evaluated for N3 as acceptable interim official/tournament rules. We also explicitly know that models will be re-designed mechanically in Human Spheres to make sense in the modern game.

We know that models and sectorials are being bumped from N3 Human Spheres to Acheron Falls for the same reasons. The purpose of the bumping is to allow time and page space for redesigns and integration with rules that can't fit in or are not ready for N3 Human Spheres.

They still seem to have a problem owning up to gently caress-ups in a way that gets people to put their pitch forks down, even if the communication is reducing how often people pick up their pitch forks. If you admit that you just plain hosed up on the cockroach Combined species and do a postmortem on why losses were cut, that makes people MUCH more confident in the redesigns and interim solutions for other items you are still working on. It wasn't like not talking about it caused nobody to notice, and not talking about it meant that people would justifiably jump to conclusions since they were never going to get the actual information to reach an informed conclusion with. If you explain your rational for cutting losses, it means that delays on other things mean that you have a rational basis for delays that will lead to the product being good instead of merely the delays merely an attempt to hide problems by pushing them into the future.

They really ought to be putting this into an official publication, like a news letter on their site in the download section next to the free rules that discusses the current state and future of the game, as a random Gen Con seminar on the internet is a really bad way to distribute information. About a month ago there was someone who still thought Aleph and Tohaa didn't have any rules for N3. Poor information leads to people saying: I would play your game, except a reason that is 100% objectively not true is stopping me because I had no loving idea what the hell was going on with your product.

If they had done proper communication, JSA players wouldn't have been reacting to a total lack of communication by flipping tables going: WHY IS STUFF MISSING?!?!? Instead they would have been going: Oh, OK, I expected it not to be here because you told us that all of our stuff is going in a future book as a complete package because you are still refactoring it to make it more refined and operate more smoothly, and we will have proper interim rules to bridge the gap that are appropriately costed and work with the current set of finalized rules that are not sufficient to fully express the awesome of all my models.

CB is starting to show an agility with maintaining their rule set that larger companies like PP are failing miserably at. CB seems to have serious trouble picking that rod up and beating their competition with it though. Gargantuans were $120 piles of poo poo. There is zero confidence that PP is ever going to admit that much less fix it at any point ever in the future. Not only that, but there is an extreme trepidation that the next set of gargantuans will also be $120 piles of poo poo due to PPs complete inability to communicate to the players what is going on with the state of the game or about what they are thinking that doesn't come off like worthless PR. If nothing is ever went wrong and things are never about addressing things that went wrong in the past, then nobody is going to believe anything you say because you are broken clock. Identifying a problem and presenting a case for why the next big thing is a solution to that problem creates hope, excitement, and a willingness to believe in doubling down on the product because you have a reason to believe the future will work out. Denying problems exist and saying the next big thing is just more awesome like all the other current awesome (of which much of that awesome is not regarded as awesome) makes people uncertain because no real info was presented. If they want to keep doing huge growth, getting a bullhorn out and confronting your competition about the discrepancy is one of the best things you can do. PP did this very effectively when they started out by calling GW out on the carpet about their poorly worded and slipshod technical writing and general fostering of a culture of fostering passive aggressive attacks on a portion of the customer base for being 'WAAC' players who were impure users of their product. CB needs to be calling the competition out on the carpet for their current failings. Play Infinity: if the theme list or stat line doesn't make sense in the modern game, we are aware of it and will resculpt the rules in Army Builder 5 just like we resculpt our models in a constant quest to keep the entire product at a modern standard we are proud of.

It seems reasonable that Infinity will be as improved after N3 Human Spheres at it was after N3. It seems reasonable that Infinity will be as improved after Acheron Falls as well. They have managed to explain why we should expect that, and it seems reasonable that they will be even more effective at communication why Acheron Falls and beyond is something we should care about after N3 Human Spheres is out due to the marked improvement in their ability to communicate what N3 Human Spheres is about. It seems reasonable to expect CB to be a more effective company this time next year based on the improvement we've seen since this time last year. Getting blown up on things caused them to avoid getting blown up on many of those same things again.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

agreed

MJ12
Apr 8, 2009

Bear Throne posted:

-New Duo fireteam lets two models move together in the same order

I strongly suspect this is going to be for Patroclus and Achilles. Which would actually make Patroclus reasonably good, because it means anyone who wants to murder Achilles will have to deal with Patroclus being in overwatch.

dexefiend
Apr 25, 2003

THE GOGGLES DO NOTHING!

High quality logical posting?

It's more likely than I thought!

That was a great post.

PaintVagrant
Apr 13, 2007

~ the ultimate driving machine ~
EI sectorial :pcgaming:

stabbington
Sep 1, 2007

It doesn't feel right to kill an unarmed man... but I'll get over it.

PaintVagrant posted:

EI sectorial :pcgaming:

I'm so fuckin' excited for this. Those heavy batroids in particular are baller, and the new drone sculpts look loving sick.

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010
The new drones combine the worst parts of Batroid painting, EI weapon design and Yaoxie look. I think I'll go grab another box of the jellyfish ones instead.

MJ12
Apr 8, 2009

stabbington posted:

I'm so fuckin' excited for this. Those heavy batroids in particular are baller, and the new drone sculpts look loving sick.

Wait drone sculpt pictures? Where? The best part of Infinity is really how fantastic everything looks.

Bear Throne
Apr 9, 2014

MJ12 posted:

Wait drone sculpt pictures? Where? The best part of Infinity is really how fantastic everything looks.

Blurry Dossier pics from the siminar: http://infinitytheforums.com/forum/topic/32809-news-from-gen-con-summary/?do=findComment&comment=697730
Regular drones are halfway down after the Seraph, Batroids are at the end.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

What faction is the tiger with guns in and how many of them do you think I'll be able to field at once

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010

Swagger Dagger posted:

What faction is the tiger with guns in and how many of them do you think I'll be able to field at once

Yu Jing and max AVA Tigers is doable in a skewed force.

stabbington
Sep 1, 2007

It doesn't feel right to kill an unarmed man... but I'll get over it.

Pierzak posted:

Yu Jing and max AVA Tigers is doable in a skewed force.

He means the new cat-looking things with guns strapped to their back, and they're from Tohaa. Probably 2-4 in any given list, though maybe more.

TastyAvocado
Dec 9, 2009
Good god everything looks so cool, I really need to get back to painting.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

stabbington posted:

He means the new cat-looking things with guns strapped to their back, and they're from Tohaa. Probably 2-4 in any given list, though maybe more.

Yep. Now I'm more disappointed because this means starting Tohaa instead of trying to integrate the BattleCat models with my existing "Yu-Jing stuff that looked too good not to buy" army list that currently consists of a bunch of motorcycles and heavy armor with missile launchers.

Bear Throne
Apr 9, 2014

Bear Throne posted:

Also Cerevantes has been putting up photos of display minis and tables and stuff: https://www.flickr.com/photos/cervantes3773/albums/72157654186986253/page1

This has been updated with pretty good photos of the siminar.

Genghis Cohen
Jun 29, 2013

Cyclomatic posted:

It seems reasonable that Infinity will be as improved after N3 Human Spheres at it was after N3. It seems reasonable that Infinity will be as improved after Acheron Falls as well. They have managed to explain why we should expect that, and it seems reasonable that they will be even more effective at communication why Acheron Falls and beyond is something we should care about after N3 Human Spheres is out due to the marked improvement in their ability to communicate what N3 Human Spheres is about. It seems reasonable to expect CB to be a more effective company this time next year based on the improvement we've seen since this time last year. Getting blown up on things caused them to avoid getting blown up on many of those same things again.

See I agree with all you say about informing customers in order to make the most of your reputation and expand business, etc. But this here is one of the reasons I am so keen on this game. As a fairly keen internet-reader who does keep up with that stuff, I have great faith in CB's ability to improve the rules in a sensible and innovative way, and I believe they are really dedicated to being good at design.

I look back on the changes to N3 and how happy I was (and am) with them - things like suppression, climb and jump which were made more effective to bring them into the game more. Hacking ditto, massively improved clarity throughout, even tiny things like prone/standing not draining orders, or a specific order to lean out from a ledge, solving a persistent true LoF problem. These guys really, really pay attention to peoples' issues with the game. Things so small that in 40k (admittedly the worst example, but I'm sure true to a lesser extent in most games) they would have gone for 3 editions completely disregarded. In every 40k book some of the weapons are poo poo. Eg for those who play the game, in the last Eldar book you never took bright lances, they were far pricier than they should have been. Now it's eldar missile launchers. The idiots just can't (or don't care to) get it right. Then look back at the balance changes to shotguns, hmgs, etc in N3. CB are all over it like a tramp on chips.

Makes me so excited to see how fireteam rules (loving DUO), balance changes, clarified rules left right and centre, and new mechanics like EVO, will work in HS N3. Because I have faith they will make an unequivocal improvement to the game.

Cyberpunkey Monkey
Jun 23, 2003

by Nyc_Tattoo
Yo, but EVO hacking devices. That's :krad:

Also, obligatory "UHLANS?!?!?" Wilhelm scream

Not a viking
Aug 2, 2008

Feels like I just got laid
E: nvm

Not a viking fucked around with this message at 09:23 on Aug 2, 2015

Cyberpunkey Monkey
Jun 23, 2003

by Nyc_Tattoo
edit: Well gently caress you too then, after I went through the trouble.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/cervantes3773/20020579130/in/album-72157654186986253/

https://www.flickr.com/photos/cervantes3773/20200724432/in/album-72157654186986253/

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

I might have to cave in on an EI sectorial, I love their new design.

Not a viking
Aug 2, 2008

Feels like I just got laid

poo poo, I didn't know there were better pics. Sorry and thanks! :shobon:

So pumped for an EI sectorial, I already have all the models I need. But after seeing those, I apparently don't have all the models I want yet.

Those EI Evo devices look like mecha arachnids from Starship Troopers.

Not a viking fucked around with this message at 17:19 on Aug 2, 2015

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

They'll be fighting the YJ rems for that one too. I love the design.

They call him Ulf the Uhlan and he will never be a real boy sculpt.

Flipswitch fucked around with this message at 17:55 on Aug 2, 2015

Corbeau
Sep 13, 2010

Jack of All Trades
I'm totally going to buy the Uhlan/Tik box and convert the latter into a second Seraph.

Going to have to get a lot better with greenstuff though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Genghis Cohen
Jun 29, 2013
Seems like plasticard would be a lot better for the wings. I expect a lot of people to split that box with a mate, and/or splitters like that guy Shae-Konnit to do a lot of trade from it.

• Locked thread