Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Reynold
Feb 14, 2012

Suffer not the unclean to live.

jadarx posted:

So did FFG announce something big for sale right now? Cause their site is completely dead

Next wave for X-wing. The Ghost from the Rebels cartoon, and two more bounty hunters for S&V, Mist Hunter and Punishing One.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lawen
Aug 7, 2000

Werix posted:

Could you expand on the true dungeon a bit? I was considering it, but $52 seems a little steep.

Sorry, just saw this. I'll effortpost about it when I'm sober (or come find me in JW bar RIGHT NOW and we'll tell you more about it in excruciating detail). Summary: worth trying if you've never done it before but it REALLY depends on the group.

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!
I fear my first Gencon will be broken loose free as my stupid schedule and crappy friends ruin all my fun.

TheHoosier
Dec 30, 2004

The fuck, Graham?!

Goons spent the night rewriting the movie Alien in Legendary Encounters.

Went poorly as expected

Dr. Quarex
Apr 18, 2003

I'M A BIG DORK WHO POSTS TOO MUCH ABOUT CONVENTIONS LOOK AT THIS

TOVA TOVA TOVA

Indolent Bastard posted:

I fear my first Gencon will be broken loose free as my stupid schedule and crappy friends ruin all my fun.
I do not entirely understand what "broken loose free" means but that sounds sucky and I am sorry. We love you. Ditch your crappy friends and ... O.K. not sure how to fix the schedule.

Games Workshop Immigration Comment Response: Probably only filed a B-2 when they meant to file it jointly with a B-1. Heh...immigration newbs :smug:

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

TheHoosier posted:

Goons spent the night rewriting the movie Alien in Legendary Encounters.

Went poorly as expected

We just got done doing that ourselves. We did pretty okay until hazard 2 dropped the invincible alien into the combat zone. And with two players dead from becoming parents it didn't end well.

TheHoosier
Dec 30, 2004

The fuck, Graham?!

Len posted:

We just got done doing that ourselves. We did pretty okay until hazard 2 dropped the invincible alien into the combat zone. And with two players dead from becoming parents it didn't end well.

You had two?! Did you just off them or actually let them be Aliens?

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

TheHoosier posted:

You had two?! Did you just off them or actually let them be Aliens?

We just offed them. It was our first game and they wanted to crash anyway so it worked out.

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

Who found Pictomania for $25, which booth has it at that price?

QnoisX
Jul 20, 2007

It'll be like a real doll that moves around and talks and stuff!
Stronghold, only if you play their demos. Most are fun.. Or short.

Indolent Bastard posted:

Who found Pictomania for $25, which booth has it at that price?

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Jesus Christ. It's so much more packed today. Holy balls.

Mr.Trifecta
Mar 2, 2007

Len posted:

Jesus Christ. It's so much more packed today. Holy balls.

If it's your first time going, you will learn quickly to buy games not on Saturday and just game on Saturday. The exhibit Hall and everywhere else will be a mess.

LuiCypher
Apr 24, 2010

Today I'm... amped up!

If you are staying in the Hampton Inn at Circle Center and you put maple syrup all over your smoked sausage, I just want to let you know that your goony act did not go unnoticed. Nor did it go uncelebrated.

Dr. Lunchables
Dec 27, 2012

IRL DEBUFFED KOBOLD

LuiCypher posted:

If you are staying in the Hampton Inn at Circle Center and you put maple syrup all over your smoked sausage, I just want to let you know that your goony act did not go unnoticed. Nor did it go uncelebrated.

Why would you not? Sausages are like little miracles, and covering them in syrup is like an affirmation of gods love.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

I'm demoing Last Night on Earth at the Flying Frog booth today if anyone is interested in stopping by.

Nemesis Of Moles
Jul 25, 2007

Big shout out to whoever recommended Haveli. $8 for all the tasty good Indian food I can eat. Plus no lines or (many) awful smelling nerds. 10/10 better than RAM

Mudcrab Merchant
Dec 28, 2008

Please pay in exact change.
SasquatchFezManWithWolfBoyFriend.jpg

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

Mudcrab Merchant posted:

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

i've forgotten all of your names.

Mudcrab Merchant posted:

Double Agent
Mar 28, 2005

Maybe we're not just a bunch of frak-ups after all.

Mudcrab Merchant posted:

Ego Trip
Aug 28, 2012

A tenacious little mouse!

Mudcrab Merchant posted:

Peas and Rice
Jul 14, 2004

Honor and profit.
Longshot: Did the goon who scored Castle Whiterock last year remember where it was or see it this year?

nesbit37
Dec 12, 2003
Emperor of Rome
(500 BC - 500 AD)
Yup, I posted about it earlier when i saw them on Thursday (scroll back a couple pages). They had 4 copies thursday, not sure if they have any left now, BUT I did pick up one on thursday you can have for the $50 I paid for it.

nesbit37
Dec 12, 2003
Emperor of Rome
(500 BC - 500 AD)

nesbit37 posted:

If the goon that wanted whiterock is in here,They have it at the same booth as I got it at last year. $50, chimera hobbies, bottom of row 1900. I picked one up, you can have it for the $50 I paid for it. They also had 3 other copies left when I was there 15 minutes ago

Fyi from Thursday.

QnoisX
Jul 20, 2007

It'll be like a real doll that moves around and talks and stuff!

Len posted:

Our bus rolls out at 1130 so I dunno if that fits with your timetable.

I haven't been drunk since Gencon last year I am such a lightweight right now. Holy poo poo.

Sorry, missed your post. I checked today and everything I put in the store sold. Didn't put Xcom or Space Alert into the store. I thought some goons wanted them. So those are still available. Honestly wish I'd just stuck them into the store Thursday.

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

Nemesis Of Moles posted:

Big shout out to whoever recommended Haveli. $8 for all the tasty good Indian food I can eat. Plus no lines or (many) awful smelling nerds. 10/10 better than RAM

Holy poo poo bless that recommend were there now and so far the samosas rock.

LuiCypher
Apr 24, 2010

Today I'm... amped up!

Lord Frisk posted:

Why would you not? Sausages are like little miracles, and covering them in syrup is like an affirmation of gods love.

I told my friends and fiancee and we agreed that though thoroughly goony, it was a noble act that did indeed affirm god's love.

Also, totally not a fan of one of the guys working the Obsidian booth who was really super dismissive (and somewhat negative about it) of the fact that Josh Sawyer is a goon.

Someone overhead me grousing about this to my fiancee and he turned around and asked me if I was talking about SomethingAwful. I confirmed my status and he turned around and wistfully stated "I love this convention." If you are around, that was very much appreciated :)

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

Mudcrab Merchant posted:

I have played games with him. his entire crew of every nerd stereo type rolled into one are amazingly cool, well mannered, and not at all like the horrible spergy misfits you might think they'd be. Against all appearances they are actually not only tolerable, but likable.

Sorry if this ruins anyone's fun.

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

I wanna be a saikyo HERO!
Things I may be carrying out of the auction hall (I don't have access to the full sale list ATM):

Wraith: the Oblivion books
Ani-Mayhem
Vampire or Rage or Arcadia cards
Maybe some misc WoD (Vampire, Changeling?)
Testament: Bible poo poo d20
Buy the Numbers (the spergiest d20 book)
Maybe some other d20 stuff, I dunno.

If anybody's interested in making a deal for this kinda stuff as we exit the con, let me know.

BlackIronHeart
Aug 2, 2004

PROCEED
To the goon who recommended Loughmillers, you’re my hero for this weekend. I think everyone I carpooled with went there at least twice and it was always fast and tasty.

Backno
Dec 1, 2007

Goff Boyz iz da rudest Boyz

SKA SUCKS

BlackIronHeart posted:

To the goon who recommended Loughmillers, you’re my hero for this weekend. I think everyone I carpooled with went there at least twice and it was always fast and tasty.

You are welcome, it is my goon only secret tech. While there are places with slightly better food, the combo of location, fast service, and reasonable booze rates it's hard to beat.

Merauder
Apr 17, 2003

The North Remembers.
Playing some late night Evolution +Flight expansion in the 24 hour hall. Might try to get some friends here to play Bunny Bunny Moose Moose which I bought today. I think we're all tired and delirious enough to not even notice how ridiculous we'd be acting.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

It's worth mentioning that Loughmillers has a sign on the door that says you have to me 21 to enter. We have a 19 year old with us this time ):

And looks like I'm going to be part of Flying Frog next year. They let me demo LNoE for something like five or six hours and gave me some free games. Super excited about that next year.

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002
I have a crap load of sleeved netrunner cards that didn't sell in the auction. I don't want to bring them home and will sell cheap. My contact info is in the Google doc or just message me in groupme.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Another year another finished Gencon ):

Double Agent
Mar 28, 2005

Maybe we're not just a bunch of frak-ups after all.
https://youtu.be/WKECr75m8fo

BlackIronHeart
Aug 2, 2004

PROCEED
Just got home and I had a blast. I feel like it was a very successful first Gencon and a lot of that goes to the advice in this thread, so thanks to Quarex and other gentlegoons for that stuff. I can't wait for next year.

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

I really enjoyed my first GenCon. I'm planning on doing the whole 4 days next year.

JonBolds
Feb 6, 2015

I worked too hard and didn't hang out with goons :(

LuiCypher posted:

Also, totally not a fan of one of the guys working the Obsidian booth who was really super dismissive (and somewhat negative about it) of the fact that Josh Sawyer is a goon.

One of those dudes was one of their PR guys who is probably not a fan of their lead dev being a member of a controversial Internet forum.

Source: Games writer

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nemesis Of Moles
Jul 25, 2007

Car crew 2015 roll call

• Locked thread