Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Gavok posted:

It would be that but with Batman talking about CM Punk.

On the other hand, that Batman would love the "rear end in a top hat Straight Edge" gimmick.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company

Gavok posted:

"Punk" is nothing but death... and crime... and the rage of the Beast Incarnate, The One in Twenty-One and One, MY CLIENT, BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRROCK LLLLLLLLLLLESNAR!

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Gavok posted:

Mainly because he wasn't as swole as Batman is and didn't fit the "image" of a likeable hero.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

DivineCoffeeBinge posted:

"Punk" is nothing but death... and crime... and the rage of the Beast Incarnate, The One in Twenty-One and One, MY CLIENT, BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRROCK LLLLLLLLLLLESNAR!

:golfclap:

Gavok posted:

Next panel is Alfred wearing a "SAWFT!" t-shirt while lowering his head in shame.

Admit it, you just said this so you could imagine him singing-along to Enzo's intro, right?

EDIT BACK ON TOPIC: Um... there's a Black Knight solo book coming out of SW? Written by Frank Tieri and with Dane in Weirdworld? Axel Alonso is just throwing darts at a Mad Libs book pinned to his office door, right?

Gaz-L fucked around with this message at 02:33 on Aug 1, 2015

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

Gaz-L posted:

:golfclap:

Admit it, you just said this so you could imagine him singing-along to Enzo's intro, right?

EDIT BACK ON TOPIC: Um... there's a Black Knight solo book coming out of SW? Written by Frank Tieri and with Dane in Weirdworld? Axel Alonso is just throwing darts at a Mad Libs book pinned to his office door, right?

Frank Tieri touched on that plot line back in Original Sin I think. I guess he really wants to write a story about Black Knight.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Black Knight is getting a solo book from Tieri/Pizzari. Will be set on Weirdworld. It will follow up on the addiction issues that Black Knight has had with the Ebony Blade as well.

Black Knight is one of the really underrated characters that I've wanted to get more of a spotlight and I'm glad they're giving it to him. Placing him on Weirdworld is going to be great as well.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I've been a Dane WHitman fan since I got drawn into the nightmare that was the Marvel/Ultraverse crossovers so this is all good too me.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

I imagine since it's Tieri he'll be following up on all the stuff from New Excalibur and that story in Original Sins last year. Seems like this is probably a book he's been wanting to do for years.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Deadpool posted:

I imagine since it's Tieri he'll be following up on all the stuff from New Excalibur and that story in Original Sins last year. Seems like this is probably a book he's been wanting to do for years.

The interview I read confirms pretty much all of that.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Sure, Black Knight was more or less the main character (or at least the most popular character) in Avengers for a good part of the Stern and Harras eras, wasn't he? He was even the one they put on the Marvel 25th anniversary theme cover (sort of like Magik was in New Mutants).

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Rhyno posted:

The interview I read confirms pretty much all of that.

Got a link handy to this?

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
That cover is really badass, but to be honest it really just makes me want to read the new Stormbringer adaption, or better yet, the old Elric comics.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

WickedHate posted:

That cover is really badass, but to be honest it really just makes me want to read the new Stormbringer adaption, or better yet, the old Elric comics.

I liked when Elric had a brief team-up with Conan in the old comics and Conan was like "You suck, everything you do and are sucks, you rely on magic for everything and it's made you a dumb slave to it, you're a loser." and Elric's comeback was basically "My magic is cool tho. :("

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Deadpool posted:

Got a link handy to this?

http://www.newsarama.com/25407-black-knight-returns-in-all-new-all-different-marvel-series.html

Starsnostars
Jan 17, 2009

The Master of Magnetism
The sliding faceplate in Luca Pizzari's character designs looks really cool.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Lurdiak posted:

I liked when Elric had a brief team-up with Conan in the old comics and Conan was like "You suck, everything you do and are sucks, you rely on magic for everything and it's made you a dumb slave to it, you're a loser." and Elric's comeback was basically "My magic is cool tho. :("

Yeah, they're total opposites. Conan is meant to be awesome and admired/projected upon, while Elric is...not.

Elric still wins though, because Conan had three terrible movies and one great comic, while Elric's had two great comics and two amazing Blue Oyster Cult songs, including what is no contest one of the best songs since the invention of sound.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

WickedHate posted:

terrible movies

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Look man, I physically own volumes of Savage Sword. I love Conan(and Solomon Kane, too). We both know the other two were horseshit so I won't bother discussing them, but aside from the Crom prayer scene everyone quotes(rightfully, because it is genuinely badass), the original is very mediocre at best.

Should have been

a direct

adaption.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
She's right about two of them, at least, though. Three if you count the Red Sonja movie that has Arnold in it as Conan with the serial numbers... not exactly filed off, but more lightly sanded.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Thanks, the article I read didn't have all that nor did it have that cool redesign. Definitely can't wait for this book.

Metalshark
Feb 4, 2013

The seagull is essential.
Something to speculate on here: http://brianmichaelbendis.tumblr.com/post/125455528617/didnt-you-say-ultimate-kitty-would-show-up-in

Ultimate Kitty is going to be the new Star-Lord, with 616 Kitty being Peter's First Lady of Spartax? Or 616 Kitty isn't coming back post-Battleworld?

It would suck that she gets cool new cosmic powers and then doesn't get to use them, but perhaps Peter and Kitty will still be big parts of GotG? It's already pretty crowded, however, considering how well Bendis used the full team in the previous volume.

Archer666
Dec 27, 2008

Metalshark posted:

Something to speculate on here: http://brianmichaelbendis.tumblr.com/post/125455528617/didnt-you-say-ultimate-kitty-would-show-up-in

Ultimate Kitty is going to be the new Star-Lord, with 616 Kitty being Peter's First Lady of Spartax? Or 616 Kitty isn't coming back post-Battleworld?

It would suck that she gets cool new cosmic powers and then doesn't get to use them, but perhaps Peter and Kitty will still be big parts of GotG? It's already pretty crowded, however, considering how well Bendis used the full team in the previous volume.

I still don't really get why Kitty's the new "Star-Lord" instead of staying herself/getting a new and original outfit/name

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Because Bendis' contract says he has to write Star Lord, but he just wants to write his anime girlfriend, so by god, he'll make HER Starlord.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Goddammit Bendis.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Bendis gonna Bendis.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

Archer666 posted:

I still don't really get why Kitty's the new "Star-Lord" instead of staying herself/getting a new and original outfit/name

It's a cool name and costume. Kitty has never really been known for her costume or code name, so she can get away with adopting someone else's look for a while. Though I'm not sure if those guns can survive her phasing powers.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Metalshark posted:

I'm doubting that they're going to bring over duplicates of the same character. That would be a little too confusing.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

muscles like this? posted:

I'm doubting that they're going to bring over duplicates of the same character. That would be a little too confusing.

You know like spider-man

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

That's not two Peters.

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

I would really hate it if there were multiple versions of Beast, Cyclops, Ice Man, and Angel. Boy that would sure get confusing.

burnishedfume
Mar 8, 2011

You really are a louse...
On the one hand, Bendis could be loving with us but he also added young versions of Cyclops, Iceman, Angel and Beast all hanging out with their present versions so an Ultimate Kitty that is in space all the time, wears the Star Lord mask, etc wouldn't really be that big of a problem especially if the Ultimate and 616 Kittys just never meet.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I am honestly not sure how many versions of Blink are out there.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

I would read a Multiplicity book based around someone that ended with like 5 versions still around post Secret Wars.

Unmature
May 9, 2008
Wait a second, are there people who don't think Kitty Pryde is the best X-Man and one of the best Marvel characters? I don't understand.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

I would read a Multiplicity book based around someone that ended with like 5 versions still around post Secret Wars.

So Wolverine then? (I mean, weren't there multiple Wolverines running around in 616 before Secret Wars?)

jsoh
Mar 24, 2007

O Muhammad, I seek your intercession with my Lord for the return of my eyesight

Unmature posted:

Wait a second, are there people who don't think Kitty Pryde is the best X-Man and one of the best Marvel characters? I don't understand.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

TwoPair posted:

So Wolverine then? (I mean, weren't there multiple Wolverines running around in 616 before Secret Wars?)

Surprisingly, I don't think so. Unless you count Daken and X-23.

Unmature posted:

She's been rapidly sliding into my "least favorite X-character" spot these last few years.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!
We know The Maker is sticking around. Looks like 616 Reed and, maybe, Doom will be off the board for a bit.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

muscles like this? posted:

That's not two Peters.

Don't bring Nightcrawler into this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

Dr. Hurt posted:

I would really hate it if there were multiple versions of Beast, Cyclops, Ice Man, and Angel.

Unironically this.

• Locked thread