Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Best Hokuto Brother?
This poll is closed.
Kenshiro 35 38.46%
Toki 16 17.58%
Jagi 20 21.98%
Raoh 20 21.98%
Total: 91 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

ZepiaEltnamOberon posted:

Tsunderes are bad.

You know, if this had been like 2 years ago, I would have been withchu 100 percent, but as it is now, I think that, as long as they use the tsundere to make a point about the character instead of making it their whole shtick, I'm okay with tsunderes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Wark Say posted:

You know, if this had been like 2 years ago, I would have been withchu 100 percent, but as it is now, I think that, as long as they use the tsundere to make a point about the character instead of making it their whole shtick, I'm okay with tsunderes.

The dadpinion.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Strange Quark posted:

How could anyone walk with 10 kilograms on their chest

Back muscles like steel beams. The real question is whether that's too much for even Namtab.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

People who are honest and free with their emotions are cooler than the various deres, except yandere because they are very honest and free about their emotions.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

bees mad about tits

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
I recommended Yozakura Quartet: Hana no Uta to my brother and he is freaking out over how consistent the smoothness of the animation is

I need to watch the epilogue OVA for YQ

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Wark Say posted:

My general hatred is mainly with the sort of tsunderes that Rie Kugimiya tends to play a lot. Even now, whenever someone brings up a tsundere I think something along the lines of that chick from Zero no Tsukaima and uncool chicks with barely any baps belchin' out their 'bakas' while blushin' boldly.

Sharkopath posted:

People who are honest and free with their emotions are cooler than the various deres, except yandere because they are very honest and free about their emotions.

This is very true.

Yanderes are very cool.

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

There are two versions of yandere kanojo. Do i read one before the other?

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

at the same time

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

Davincie posted:

at the same time

Oh. How does that work.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

everythingWasBees posted:

I think you read the normal chapters before the xx.5 chapters, which might have come out later? I think it has to do with one being online and the other not... or something like that?

Either way, comparing the art for Chapter 2 and Chapter 2.5, the art from Chapter 2.5 seems more recent than the one in Chapter 2.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Reading in numerical order (like 1 -> 1.5 -> 2 -> 2.5) will get confusing during story arcs or 2-parters because you'll be at a cliffhanger and then suddenly find yourself at an entirely different chapter, since x.5 chapters and x chapters are different.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

just click next chapter on batoto or kissmanga or whatever and it will soet itself out. they start the same but after a while one keeps the lighthearted story lines while the other is more serious but they still refer happenings in the other version

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
I don't know if this is just good timing or what, but EO4 was only $27 on Amazon :toot:

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

Yankee kanojo is published online and in a magazine, with the two mediums getting different chapters. The .5 are the online chapters and are generally more comedic while the magazine chapters get more serious. Just read them all

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

Sharkopath posted:

The dadpinion.

tsundad

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

whats that

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Dads are cool when they're butting into your lives and making bad jokes and trying to hook you up with your childhood friend.

Dads suck when they leave before you're born because they're actually demon lords or some poo poo, when they're trying to force you to make up for their childhood shortcomings, and when they're gym leaders who disapprove of your decision to enter your Pokemon in beauty pageants instead of challenging all the gym leaders to become the Champion.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Sharkopath posted:

whats that

Senakagurashi. The page where that came from.

http://mangadoom.co/Senakagurashi/11/4/

Search Image on Google is loving useful, I dunno why I never thought about using it before. Would have helped me find out so much poo poo.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

My general hatred is mainly with the sort of tsunderes that Rie Kugimiya tends to play a lot. Even now, whenever someone brings up a tsundere I think something along the lines of that chick from Zero no Tsukaima and uncool chicks with barely any baps belchin' out their 'bakas' while blushin' boldly.

I do dislike all the so-called "TsundeRie" characters. At the same time, I'm okay with Kugimiya keeping that type-casting because, every once in a while, she does a cool character that's completely out of left-field. Also, as long as she keeps voicing Kagura, I can't never hate on her completely.

Sharkopath posted:

The dadpinion.

You jerks are askin' for it! :toughguy:

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

its pretty mediocre but i thought that page was funny

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

I knew a girl with tits that were about that big. I don't know if they were 10 kg' though.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

littleorv posted:

I knew a girl with tits that were about that big. I don't know if they were 10 kg' though.
hello, girl littleorv knew

fuepi
Feb 6, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

i like sakura and beat people up, as sakura

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

fun times playing fighting games with my friends

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Nate RFB posted:

I don't know if this is just good timing or what, but EO4 was only $27 on Amazon :toot:

I hate to ruin the moment, but Atlus frequently puts it up for $15 on the eshop.

It's totally worth $27 tho.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Sharkopath posted:

ALso the bad G gundam thread is still stickied... why does the mod hate us so much.......

I'm trying to make it better it by selling people on Giant Robo, but no bites so far even though that crowd would love it....

Budget Prefuse
Sep 26, 2011

everythingWasBees posted:

read it on batoto. they have it in the right order

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.
Ringabel was the best character in Bravely Default, a mostly good video game.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.
Deres are all about implementation. They're easier to write poorly than well and most tsunderes are written quite poorly.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Tsundere reminds me of my relationship with all women, except theres no dere

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Tsundere is good.

Linnaeus
Jan 2, 2013

All of the deres are good

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
Tsunderes can be very good, but the Kugimiya Rie brand of tsundere is almost universally awful.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Linnaeus posted:

All of the deres are good

Hrmmm....I'll allow it.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

Srice posted:

I hate to ruin the moment, but Atlus frequently puts it up for $15 on the eshop.

It's totally worth $27 tho.
Worth it so that it's not tied to the system IMO.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Linnaeus
Jan 2, 2013

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

Tsunderes can be very good, but the Kugimiya Rie brand of tsundere is almost universally awful.

:agreed:

• Locked thread