Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Best Hokuto Brother?
This poll is closed.
Kenshiro 35 38.46%
Toki 16 17.58%
Jagi 20 21.98%
Raoh 20 21.98%
Total: 91 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Bad Seafood posted:

I think it's cute when an otherwise aggressive or assertive person is embarrassed about who they like but not so much when they are going back and forth between being lovey dovey and beating the tar out of the object of their affection.
yeah!

Hadaka Apron posted:

Wasn't Rie Kugemiya the lead in that horrible show about the 10 year old succubus?
voice actors gotta eat

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pezzie
Apr 11, 2003

everytime someone says a seasonal anime is GOAT

Just watch the best anime ever
Toradora is good. Taiga is good.

Shakugan no Shana season 3 is pretty good too. No real annoying tsundere antics then either because everything's gone to hell. Seasons 1 is mediocre and season 2 is bad though.

nehezir
Aug 9, 2011

Stalwart Guardian of the Lewd

Wark Say posted:

You know, if this had been like 2 years ago, I would have been withchu 100 percent, but as it is now, I think that, as long as they use the tsundere to make a point about the character instead of making it their whole shtick, I'm okay with tsunderes.

Except when you realize that tsundere comedy is mostly domestic abuse.

Once I clued in on that, ecchi slapstick and tsundere tropes basically went right into disgusting territory for me and there was no turning back.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Hadaka Apron posted:

Wasn't Rie Kugemiya the lead in that horrible show about the 10 year old succubus?

Good question, I didn't watch it and have no intention of watching it, so you tell me

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

nehezir posted:

Once I clued in on that, ecchi slapstick and tsundere tropes basically went right into disgusting territory for me.

lol

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

nehezir posted:

Once I clued in on that, ecchi slapstick and tsundere tropes basically went right into disgusting territory for me and there was no turning back.

:yikes:

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

Hadaka Apron posted:

i wouldn't know

dogsicle posted:

Taiga could be a good Kugimiya role but i'd never know because the dub for Toradora seemed better and that's what i stuck with

yeah the dub actor for taiga is good

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

I DONT WATCH DUBS

Twiddy
May 17, 2008

To the man who loves art for its own sake, it is frequently in its least important and lowliest manifestations that the keenest pleasure is to be derived.

nehezir posted:

Baka

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

slapstick comedy is pretty much exactly like beating your wife

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

nehezir posted:

Are you being serious?

pezzie
Apr 11, 2003

Namtab posted:

I DONT WATCH DUBS

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Even WickedHate is laughing

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!

nehezir posted:

Nearly vom'd whilst watching the Nichijou scenes where the tsundere girl shoots the rich guy with machineguns, blows him up with grenades etc.

pezzie
Apr 11, 2003

nehezir posted:

This one time, when Akane pulled out a 2 ton hammer and whacked Ranma with it, I thought someone should call the cops on her.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Zoq-Fot-Pik posted:

Nearly vom'd whilst watching the Nichijou scenes where the tsundere girl shoots the rich guy with machineguns, blows him up with grenades etc.

I've never seen Nichijou, but that reminds me of He Is My Master.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.
For some reason all I can think of is that one chapter of Cromartie High where some of the guys try to peak over the divide at a hotspring, fail but almost get caught, then sit around wondering whether or not they'll go to jail.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

Namtab posted:

I DONT WATCH DUBS

this just this and im sick of the dub untermensch spouting their opinions here

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!

WickedHate posted:

:staredog:

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

i wish the police did something about the serious problem of tiny violent girls hitting me

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!
Please watch the good shows WickedHate

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.
Hirano himself prefers Hellsing Ultimate's English dub over the original Japanese.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Davincie posted:

dubs are fail

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LSvIa-ywPik

fuepi
Feb 6, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
:dogeyikes:

e: :yikesdoge:

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

WickedHate posted:

Oh, sweetie...

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
It's been years and years since I watched it so I could be not remembering bad stuff but I liked HIMM when I first saw it. It was really funny. Probably the best ecchi I can think of.

Bad Seafood posted:

Hirano himself prefers Hellsing Ultimate's English dub over the original Japanese.

He's completely right.

K. Flaps
Dec 7, 2012

by Athanatos

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

even if the japanese are dubbing it is still fail

Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010

boom boom boom posted:

Oh, sweetie...

bless her heart.

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!

WickedHate posted:

It's been years and years since I watched it so I could be not remembering bad stuff but I liked HIMM when I first saw it. It was really funny. Probably the best ecchi I can think of.

He's completely right.

https://www.google.com/search?q=nichijou+nyaa.se&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8

K. Flaps
Dec 7, 2012

by Athanatos
Remove yourself out of my presence if you haven't watched Nichijou.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

WickedHate posted:

WHAT THE gently caress.

EDIT: WHAT THE loving gently caress?

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

nehezir posted:

this reminds me of how people thought the protag of muvluv was a woman beating rear end in a top hat because he flicked his childhood friend on the forehead sometimes

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!
Oh poo poo monster musume has Nichijou at the end of it so now all the search results are hosed up.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Zoq-Fot-Pik posted:

Oh poo poo monster musume has Nichijou at the end of it so now all the search results are hosed up.
now that's terror

nehezir
Aug 9, 2011

Stalwart Guardian of the Lewd

WickedHate posted:

Are you being serious?

That's what I say when I see people fawning over some bitch who thinks she's justified for beating the person she "loves" to a bloody pulp or into the air over a misunderstanding, even after she's proven wrong. A person like that is unhealthy and the protagonists are idiots for associating with them once they know.

There's two reasons Taiga is so exceptional amongst tsundere: her chemistry with Ryuuji was really good, and the script was more devoted to drama, staying much further away from comedy than other anime.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

Zoq-Fot-Pik posted:

https://bakabt.me/torrent/170362/nichijou-my-ordinary-life-bd-1080p-dess

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cubemario
Apr 3, 2009
Few good dubs exist, the problem with dubs is that they're much easier to screw up, than do successfully. There's also some voices you can do in Japanese which are impossible to adapt to English. So it's really polarizing when you jump from one to the other.

• Locked thread