Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
kingcom
Jun 23, 2012

SoldadoDeTone posted:

That all sounds great! I'll message you guys in game. In the meantime, I'll try to read up a little more so that I'm not completely in the dark and asking a million questions.

Yeah seriously bud, this game is super complex and not the most intuitive. Always be comfortable asking stuff. This is just one of those games everyone understands that youre achieving something just learning about it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Game_Whino
Jul 16, 2007

Let's drink until we can't feel anymore!
I'm also usually available in game to craft stuff for ya or answer questions. My main character is puggiehaggis.

Cpl Clegg
May 18, 2008

How do you build a warlock ? I'm looking at it and not sure where to start. What should I take ? Do maximize/empower affect their blasts ? Anything essential I should know ?

Is it viable without lots of accumulated equipment or should I try and farm something for this life before starting it ?

Kawaii Kiwi
Sep 22, 2004
I'm a sad panda too.
You want Maximize and Empower as well as quicken. These don't affect your blasts, but do affect all your SLA abilities and tentacles. Other than that, I took Force of Will since you will be maxing out your Charisma and that way your Will saves will be very high.

It's viable without much in the way of equipment at all just because Warlocks are so powerful. I'd personally recommend going with the Fiend pact also since the spells they get like Fire Shield and Hurl Through Hell especially are great. Hurl is a very high save spell that instantly kills anything short of a red named boss monster, including orange named monsters in Epic levels, which normally cannot be insta-killed by any means. The fact that it's totally free to cast doesn't hurt either.

So there's a starting point and if you have any further questions, feel free to ask!

Cpl Clegg
May 18, 2008

Kawaii Kiwi posted:

You want Maximize and Empower as well as quicken. These don't affect your blasts, but do affect all your SLA abilities and tentacles. Other than that, I took Force of Will since you will be maxing out your Charisma and that way your Will saves will be very high.

It's viable without much in the way of equipment at all just because Warlocks are so powerful. I'd personally recommend going with the Fiend pact also since the spells they get like Fire Shield and Hurl Through Hell especially are great. Hurl is a very high save spell that instantly kills anything short of a red named boss monster, including orange named monsters in Epic levels, which normally cannot be insta-killed by any means. The fact that it's totally free to cast doesn't hurt either.

So there's a starting point and if you have any further questions, feel free to ask!

Interesting. When I was looking at warlock options, I thought of blasts as 95% of damage then lots of CC. So basically Fey pact and Tainted Scholar, sonic damage, reflex saves, CC and no need of Empower/Maximize if they don't apply to blasts (maybe Heighten/Extend later for CC SLA's).

After your post I looked at damaging SLA's in Tainted Scholar tree and they probably are quite good.

As for Fiend pact, is Hurl Through Hell as useful in heroic levels ? I dislike Fire damage because of monster resists and Reflex saves look more useful because of traps.

Kawaii Kiwi
Sep 22, 2004
I'm a sad panda too.
The fire damage part doesn't matter at all. I'm going with Fiend pact right now and I've had no problems at all. The Fortitude save isn't even that big of a deal since Soul Eater has an enhancement which lowers that save by up to -10 on your Blasts. Hurl is amazingly useful in heroic and in epic levels since you can just pick something you want to die every time it's up and it keels over for free. Or at worst, you stun it for 6 seconds which might as well mean it's dead anyway. Also, Fortitude saves are great to have as well. Also, regarding feats, I went with the Spell Focus: Evocation line just to ensure my blasts were less resisted.

Also, tentacles is CC but more importantly, with Max and Empower, it does LOTS of damage. If I drop it in a pack of monsters, they all die very rapidly. Also the SLA abilities in the trees do quite a lot of damage and are very much worth taking Max and Empower for. More to the point, there aren't a lot of other feats you could consider that would even be useful for a Warlock, so you might as well pick them up since they're actually very useful. Especially if you start picking up Epic Destiny skills that allow you to use them.

Also I'd recommend picking up the Cone shaped blast since it lets you hit things in an AoE without hard targeting them and the range on it is surprisingly long.

Kawaii Kiwi fucked around with this message at 20:33 on Jul 26, 2015

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

What happens in the course of duty is up to you...
Also while Reflex saves are nice, they're rarely something that disables you. Warlocks also start with crap reflex saves, so getting a relatively minor boost from Pact isn't going to make it so you can easily save against Elite traps. And you can Stanch (or Shining Through if you go that way) your way through traps pretty well too. On the other hand, getting hit with a Fort save can ruin your day (Disintegrate/Flesh to Stone), and so can Will (Holds, Stuns, etc). So boosting those up is always welcome. Though everything will just melt away before your Cones in Heroic anyways.

Also another great thing about Hurl is that it's Will save, so you can use it against bruiser type targets that Finger would never work on. And go for the final Core and Tier 5 in Scholar and stop at tier 4 in Soul Eater. Sadly Devour the Soul seems bugged as everything was saving against it constantly when it's DC should be even higher than Hurl.

[Edit] Also the Fey Leap ability is on like a 25 second cooldown, which makes it okay occasionally but not nearly as good as FvS/Angel.

DemonMage fucked around with this message at 21:04 on Jul 26, 2015

Cpl Clegg
May 18, 2008

I've created a test character to see how it plays, first one was Fey/Tainted Scholar (so Chain blast), then a new one Fiend/Soul Eater (Cone).

I think Chain is more flexible than Cone, especially in large rooms with ranged enemies, so picking it up first is useful. But when enemies are close they do melt under Cone incredibly fast. Fiend blast also looks way cooler than Fey blast. Lots of fun. :)

Thanks for advice !

[Edit] 300+ damage from Stricken at first levels. I understand that it won't scale fast enough but right now it feels like cheating.

Cpl Clegg fucked around with this message at 22:16 on Jul 26, 2015

Kawaii Kiwi
Sep 22, 2004
I'm a sad panda too.
I'm glad you're having fun! I just prefer cone since it's easier to hit things with I think, even if chain can technically have longer range if you consider the chaining effect. I just like not having to hard target anything for cone, so I can hold down the button and just murder everything in front of me. One thing to also keep in mind with cone is that it hits further out than the graphic displays. Pretty cool that stricken is doing 300 damage at level 1 though!

FranktheBank
May 14, 2007
In the beginning...the universe was created. his has been widely regarded as a bad move and has made a lot of people very angry.
Hey goons. I am thinking about getting back into DDO. I quit shortly after Drows were a thing. I have a lifetime VIP account, how difficult is it to pick up now? Is the leveling game too scarce for some classes? Is there PVP? I would be starting fresh, most likely a class. Leaning towards Monk or Barbarian or maybe Paladin? Thanks!

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

It's pretty easy to pick up, though it can be tough to figure out character builds sometimes. Barbarian and Paladin are both solid choices right now. Two Handed or Single Weapon Fighting are good choices. No there's no PvP. Pretty much any class can solo to cap, and it's not too long or hard if you're on your first life. Just stick to Hard if you find Elite too annoying.

Kawaii Kiwi
Sep 22, 2004
I'm a sad panda too.
Things to keep in mind are the new enhancement system as well as the higher level cap and epic destinies. You can look at both of them here and get an idea of what to expect: http://ddowiki.com/page/Epic_Destinies and http://ddowiki.com/page/Enhancements

I'd highly recommend going Paladin with Single Weapon Fighting, since mechanically it's quite good and allows you to use an orb in your offhand for spell power which is important for a Paladin. Paladins also have some very nice enhancements which can dramatically improve your toughness. Also, they recently received a bit of an overhaul which vastly changed the class for the better. Add to that the addition of the physical and magical resistance system which provides a flat damage reduction to those damage types, improving based upon how heavy your armor is and suddenly running around in full plate becomes a lot more appealing. However, the biggest reason to go Paladin is doing so allows you to immediately unlock the Divine Crusader epic destiny, which is one of the best ones. If you were to go with any other melee class, you'd be stuck with a less ideal epic destiny and it would be quite a slog to try to unlock something different. This is especially true if you go with a Monk since Grandmaster of Flowers is honestly quite terrible.

Monks and Barbarians can both take Legendary Dreadnaught, but while this is a pretty good epic destiny for melee classes, it's totally useless for casters. While Divine Crusader offers numerous skills for melee and caster alike. Additionally, Monks are really just in a bad place right now compared to everyone else and are awkward and frustrating to try to use.

Kawaii Kiwi fucked around with this message at 19:54 on Jul 27, 2015

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

Update 27 is live!

quote:

The Spell Power scaling of Eldritch Burst and Spirit Blast is now 120% (instead of 150%.)
Shining Through now grants temporary Hit Points equal to 12x your Constitution Score (was 15x.)

Those are the nerfs I was thinking of Haggis. It's not huge, but might be justtttttt enough to push me back to Scholar/Eater focused. We'll see how it plays out later tonight.

Fenris13
Jun 6, 2003

DemonMage posted:

Update 27 is live!

Those are the nerfs I was thinking of Haggis. It's not huge, but might be justtttttt enough to push me back to Scholar/Eater focused. We'll see how it plays out later tonight.

Wait, have you guys also been running a pure warlock burst build? i thought I was the only one crazy enough to think that was a good idea.

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

Up until 22 we were both running tier 5 Scholar and tier 4 Soul Eater. Touch of Spirit for perma shield (now hopefully actually fixed).

I then respecced to Aura + Angel with Energy Burst, Empyrian Magic and Cocoon twists. Using Spell Cleaves, Aura, Divine Wrath, and Sun Bolt. Don't have time to use regular blast that way really. It feels a little weaker on bosses maybe (likely due to not having hilarious Shiradi procs) but it's a fun change. The rest of my points are Tainted Scholar.

Having Shining Through is fun and kinda helpful for EE traps but even 1k HP isn't quite enough to stop double or triple hitting champions sometimes.

DemonMage fucked around with this message at 01:10 on Jul 28, 2015

kingcom
Jun 23, 2012

Ahh someone got me hooked on ff14 :(: How's warlock soloing like since my timezone is probably gonna force that if it TR.

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

Probably the strongest class in Heroic and fantastic in Epics.

And FF14 is fun, though time consuming to unlock the new classes if you wanna play those instead which sucks.

Fenris13
Jun 6, 2003

DemonMage posted:

Up until 22 we were both running tier 5 Scholar and tier 4 Soul Eater. Touch of Spirit for perma shield (now hopefully actually fixed).

I then respecced to Aura + Angel with Energy Burst, Empyrian Magic and Cocoon twists. Using Spell Cleaves, Aura, Divine Wrath, and Sun Bolt. Don't have time to use regular blast that way really. It feels a little weaker on bosses maybe (likely due to not having hilarious Shiradi procs) but it's a fun change. The rest of my points are Tainted Scholar.

Having Shining Through is fun and kinda helpful for EE traps but even 1k HP isn't quite enough to stop double or triple hitting champions sometimes.

Hrm, interesting. I came to the same conclusion regarding swapping aura for regular blasts, because of how many good SLA's and other abilities you have once you hit 20, but my build is completly different. I only went 31 in ES, and then 41 in SE, stayed in shiradi, but have burst and empyrian as twists as well. But I am also not trying to solo EE's this life at least, Way to much effort for to little gain over EH.

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

I usually prefer EH but we decided what the hell and just do EE. It's been pretty smooth so far. We die occasionally but trash dies so fast most quests are not appreciably slower. Most deaths are dumb EE doing so much damage you die before you can react. There really should be a difficulty between the two of them. Or you know increase the difficulty in a way that isn't +numbers.

Plus we're going to do the thing where you complete all the quests for all the epic Sagas, drink a Sovereign potion and then turn them in for the huge boost to experience on all of them cheaply. And then go run some good return quests to finish off the life. So the extra boost from True Elite should be nice if we can manage it. But eh. No fucks given if it's too annoying or slow and we drop back to EH.

For the build I mostly wanted to try out Shining Through, without taking that I think I'd prefer to just go back to straight blaster 38 Soul/41 Scholar or whatever it was.

DemonMage fucked around with this message at 01:32 on Jul 28, 2015

FranktheBank
May 14, 2007
In the beginning...the universe was created. his has been widely regarded as a bad move and has made a lot of people very angry.

DemonMage posted:

It's pretty easy to pick up, though it can be tough to figure out character builds sometimes. Barbarian and Paladin are both solid choices right now. Two Handed or Single Weapon Fighting are good choices. No there's no PvP. Pretty much any class can solo to cap, and it's not too long or hard if you're on your first life. Just stick to Hard if you find Elite too annoying.

I really like Two handed, I guess Barbarian it is. Cheers everyone.

Perpetual Notion
Nov 17, 2004

I dunno what the deal is but suddenly DDO is being a bitch, i zoned into the 12 and started getting 12second to 2 minute stutter steps and after logging out/rebooting my router/attempting to log back in I am completely unable to reenter the game

Kalas
Jul 27, 2007

Fenris13 posted:

Wait, have you guys also been running a pure warlock burst build? i thought I was the only one crazy enough to think that was a good idea.

20 Warlock was the most broken thing I've ever seen.

I hit 3k HPs at one point.
Who cares if it's mostly temp HPs, they come back so quickly it's almost impossible to die.

I almost soloed DQ on EE. I'm pretty sure I could have pulled it off with a better Epic Twist arrangement.

Cpl Clegg
May 18, 2008

Kawaii Kiwi posted:

Being a dastardly swashbuckler is pretty easy actually. Full 20 bard works just fine, though personally, I'd probably go for a 4 rogue/16 bard mix just so you can get some of the neat tricks (especially Killer) that the Assassin tree offers. I'd put most of my points into dexterity, some into int so you can get disable devices, open lock, search, use magic device, perform and maybe heal at a minimum. I'd also ignore strength entirely and have an okay amount of charisma and constitution.

Finally, in the Swashbuckler tree, I took Dashing Scoundrel, which gives you flat +damage and 10% doublestrike when wielding nothing in your offhand, Slap in the Face, which lets you almost guarantee a stun on enemies, which you then follow up with Coup de Grace, which instantly kills stunned enemies. The DC on Coup de Grace and Slap in the Face will be so high that basically nothing will ever reliably be able to resist them, meaning that every single time Coup de Grace comes off of cool down, you can reliably instantly kill a guy around you. Also if you get really overwhelmed, you can Fascinate a group of enemies, then pick them all off with Coup de Grace as well.

Also, take Precision instead of Power Attack (which you won't qualify for anyway since you're ignoring strength), since Thread the Needle is just +5 damage anyway while in Precision stance, so there's no reason to ever use Power Attack while swashbuckling.

I did this on my last life and it was pretty absurd. I was able to do tons of damage and crowd control entire rooms at once both with Fascinate and with the Sound Burst SLA you can get from one of the Epic Destiny trees. Caisha went with a strength-based build, while I stuck with dexterity and I feel that it probably made me a little stronger overall. I feel the same might hold true with intelligence, but it's a little more of a tradeoff, since dexterity gets you armor class (sort of useless on Elite difficulty, but you might not do those) and reflex save, which is really handy. Intelligence would let you take the Harper enhancement which gives you a bonus to damage based on the amount of intelligence you have, which would be sort of cool and might end up giving you a non-trivial amount of added damage at the endgame. That said, you can still take that enhancement and come out with a fair amount of added damage even if you don't focus on intelligence as your core stat.

Finally, I'd ignore Weapon Precision entirely. When I made this character, I realized with some dawning horror that I didn't have any means of using dexterity to hit while swashbuckling and figured I might miss a lot. Was not even noticeable at all, so I'm pretty sure that when they overhauled the hit chance/AC system, they made it a lot easier to achieve a good hit rate without maxing your chance to hit chance out hugely.

Found this older post because my friend decided to try out DDO and I've made a SWF bard just to play with him when he's online. Yes, I thought about making a Warlock but didn't want to overshadow his Paladin, also needed a Rogue splash for traps.

Do I understand correctly that you were playing with no strength, no to hit from Finesse but still didn't have any problems with hitting monsters even on higher difficulties ?

Should I pick up something from Harper if I have access to it ? Does Harper +Int to damage stack with Swashbuckling ? If yes then I might just reroll while it's still Korthos, +Int to hit and twice +Int to damage can be an incredible combination, also skills and Insightful Reflexes.

Any build gotchas I should look out for ?

Kawaii Kiwi
Sep 22, 2004
I'm a sad panda too.
Harper int to damage only means that you can use your intelligence score when using a weapon, same as the Swashbuckler enhancement. It doesn't add more damage on top of that. Know the Angles in the Harper tree on the other hand gives you a bonus of 1/2 of your bonus intelligence to damage. So if you have 50 intelligence, your intelligence bonus is +20 and since Know the Angles adds half of that, you would gain +10 to damage on hit.

So basically it's a choice between that or having evasion and vastly higher reflex saves due to focusing entirely on dexterity. The combination of the two meant that I had a good chance of evading traps and was essentially immune to spells such as fireball even on Epic Elite difficulty. That said, if you were to go with intelligence, provided you went with a 4 rogue/16 bard split, you'd still have evasion and high enough reflex save to avoid spells. If you do go with the Harper tree and intelligence focus, you will be spending 8 enhancement points there, not to mention that in order to unlock it, you will have to have earned 310 Harper favor, which is only available at higher levels. Or be a VIP, which I'm not sure you are.

To answer your question about being able to hit things, I had no problems from heroic to epic. I thought it would be an issue but it quite simply never was a problem. And with taking Insightful Reflexes, you will be giving up a feat slot to do the same thing a dexterity-based build can already do naturally. And with having no strength, you won't have the option to pick up Power Attack, but you can grab Precision which you should since one of the top tier Swashbuckling abilities gives you +5 damage while in Precision stance.

Kawaii Kiwi fucked around with this message at 00:01 on Jul 29, 2015

Cpl Clegg
May 18, 2008

I wish it worked, heh. Well, I'll stick to Dex roguebard then. As we'll be playing mostly on Normal and Hard, it will probably be the most effortless way of building it.

As for hitting stuff, in your case it can be equipment from previous lives, and one or more fighter's past life. Your casters probably have higher to-hit than most first life melees even before you get to the TR stash :) At least my 10 Str character was missing quite a bit, including glancing blows. I know I can somewhat mitigate it with items but it'll require lots of work for a first life character which will be picked up from the dusty closet from time to time.

Also duoing DDO quests is fun.

[Edit] Generic build question. Should I pick any main stat enhancement I can get my hands on or it's too costly ? I can't gauge +1 stat per 2AP effectiveness compared to other enhancements.

Cpl Clegg fucked around with this message at 07:20 on Jul 29, 2015

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

I generally abhor stats from enhancements and destinies. They're super boring and rarely seem worth the cost over more fun/useful stuff. I'm using a ton of them in my Angel build, but that's one of the few cases where I feel it's worth it.

And your attack is going to be worse at low levels, at high levels everyone has good to-hit stats thanks to all the buffs, relatively low ACs, and even easy to get gear has good enhancement bonuses. You can always try and work in finesse early on and swap it out later.

Kawaii Kiwi
Sep 22, 2004
I'm a sad panda too.
I don't have any real bonuses to hit from equipment or from past lives aside from the +8 hit I had from having a +8 weapon, but that's hardly a challenge to get. Basically everyone at higher levels is going to be able to hit everything just fine, so don't worry about hit rating!

But yeah a guy at low level with bad combat stats is probably going to miss a lot more than a guy who's high level and has things like Precision, actual levels to their name and decent weapons. That's just how things work.

Also I generally get a couple ranks of +stats from enhancements but in general, I find the passive and active abilities to be far more useful. Just experiment! At lower levels at least, it's pretty cheap to respec them if you don't like them. Also for the most part, ignore anything that modifies threat. DDO is just not that kind of game.

Kawaii Kiwi fucked around with this message at 07:54 on Jul 29, 2015

RosaParksOfDip
May 11, 2009
To the people saying warlocks are strong, are they strong or are they "strong" if you have a billion past lives, +5 stat tomes to everything and a bunch of gear saved up? I usually make alts instead of reincarnating and I've never gotten a caster beyond level 14 or so (friends stop playing or the whole mana management doesn't quite click), so I don't have a bunch of gear to transfer over. It'll basically be a properly fresh start beyond being a 32 pt build.

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

They're exceedingly strong in heroics period. You can't save against the major portion of the blast, so your DCs don't matter that much. And Hurl through Hell has a high DC calculation (10+warlock level+cha mod) that makes it super reliable in Heroic levels even with normal Charisma. Just point your Cone in the direction of things and watch them melt, and Hurl green named guys away instantly.

Spell damage is largely standardized and most of the "cheat" items are super easy to get Wheloon quest chain rewards. The new chain also has some ridiculous good items for ML13 new players/characters (account bound too).
Blasts also don't cost any mana, so having a torc/CO doesn't really help since most of your mana is being spent on buffs and tentacles, so you'll almost never run out outside of EE without a shrine available.
They don't really need Spell Penetration, though it does help for Tentacles (which shouldn't require it since it's a conjuration spell, but it does).
They can self cast displacement, so greensteel clickies are not a big deal. They don't benefit from Haste.

They're less strong in Epic levels if you don't have access to Shiradi, but they're still not bad in Draconic I'd imagine. Especially in EH.

DemonMage fucked around with this message at 00:47 on Jul 30, 2015

Game_Whino
Jul 16, 2007

Let's drink until we can't feel anymore!
Warlocks are so good that I'm rolling one on every server to do favor with (in order to expand my bag bank)

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

Beaky the Tortoise says, click here to join our choose Your Own Adventure Game!

Paradise Lost: Clash of the Heavens!

I have a warforged sorceror. What are your thoughts on taking two favored soul levels for the extra spellpoints, versus staying pure class?

Also, a warlock question, since I have no idea how to build one. If I want to focus on using eldritch blast, is there any point to take empower/maximize?

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

Yes, because you're going to want some of the SLAs and Tentacles. All of which benefit from Max/Empower.

You want FvS for the awesome synergy it has with fire sorcs in general. Fire Angel is an absurd Warlock level of a build. Scourge, Just Reward combined with Conflagration, Fanning the Flames and Immolation is hilariously good.

RosaParksOfDip
May 11, 2009
drat. Sounds like I'm going to have to drag some friends back to play with, then. DDO just isn't the same solo/with pugs.

kingcom
Jun 23, 2012

RosaParksOfDip posted:

drat. Sounds like I'm going to have to drag some friends back to play with, then. DDO just isn't the same solo/with pugs.

Yeah its definitely a group game kind of thing.

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

Beaky the Tortoise says, click here to join our choose Your Own Adventure Game!

Paradise Lost: Clash of the Heavens!

DemonMage posted:

Yes, because you're going to want some of the SLAs and Tentacles. All of which benefit from Max/Empower.

You want FvS for the awesome synergy it has with fire sorcs in general. Fire Angel is an absurd Warlock level of a build. Scourge, Just Reward combined with Conflagration, Fanning the Flames and Immolation is hilariously good.

Why the two paladin levels?

Edit: Because bladeforged are better than warforged and you already are forced to pick 1?

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

And the extra saves help a lot in Epic Elite. And the two extra Sorc levels don't really grant anything as compelling as having hilariously high saves. It's totally viable not to take them, but they're nice. I think some people even do 4 FvS instead.

Captain Farce
Jun 24, 2004
i think NOT!
Sort of getting back into playing this again, though doing TR3+ while solo is a bitch so if anyone wants to do stuff I'll be around as Ultratrash (level 11 at the moment).

Also dumping this in here for the new people, it's a couple updates out of date for new quests though.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1-VmDIVZ8WvzbcribJoaagr070ZD-yQbBy4aulNRuTpA

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

I wanna try this game again. Got to like level 15 on a barbarian once then quit. Druids and Warlocks are my favorite 3.5 classes, so what are the opinions here?

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

The answer is always Warlock.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

Help, what character do I make? Get a month of VIP(/buy Warlock) and make a Warlock:

pre:
Warlock 20
True Neutral Human

Stats
               28pt     Level Up
               ----     --------
Strength         8       4: CHA
Dexterity        8       8: CHA
Constitution    16      12: CHA
Intelligence    10      16: CHA
Wisdom           8      20: CHA
Charisma        18      24: CHA
                        28: CHA

Skills
          1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20
         ------------------------------------------------------------
Concent   4  1  1  1  1  1  1  1  1  1  1  1  1  1  1  1  1  1  1  1  23
Spellcr   4  1  1  1  1  1  1  1  1  1  1  1  1  1  1  1  1  1  1  1  23
UMD       4  1  1  1  1  1  1  1  1  1  1  1  1  1  1  1  1  1  1  1  23
         ------------------------------------------------------------
         12  3  3  3  3  3  3  3  3  3  3  3  3  3  3  3  3  3  3  3

Feats

1        : Maximize Spell
 1 Human  : Force of Personality
 1 Warlock: Pact: Fiend
 3        : Empower Spell
 6        : Spell Focus: Evocation
 9        : Greater Spell Focus: Evocation
12        : Quicken Spell
15        : Mental Toughness
18        : Improved Mental Toughness
21 Epic   : Epic Eldritch Blast
24 Epic   : Epic Mental Toughness
26 Destiny: Epic Arcane Eldritch Blast
27 Epic   : Ruin
28 Destiny: Elusive Target

Spells

• Expeditious Retreat, Jump
  • Blur, Invisibility
  • Dark Discorporation, Displacement
  • Evard's Black Tentacles, Teleport
  • Finger of Death, Mass Protection from Elements
  • Wail of the Banshee, Power Word: Stun
Enhancements (80 AP) Enlightened Spirit (8 AP)
  • Eldritch Aura
    • Resilience of Body III, Resilience of Soul I
    • Resist Energies I, Shield
Tainted Scholar (44 AP)
  • Tainted Spellcasting, Tainted Lore, Stanch, Tainted Lore II, Blood Component, Heretical Lore
    • Feigned Health III, Strong Pact
    • Utterdark Blast, Stunning Blast III, Strong Pact, Wand and Scroll Mastery III
    • Faltering Blast, Confusion III, Strong Pact, Charisma
    • Penetrating Blast, Bewitching Blast III, Strong Pact, Charisma
    • Eldritch Power, Eldritch Ball III
Soul Eater (28 AP)
  • Inhuman Understanding, Inhuman Nature, No Worse Fate, Inhuman Nature II
    • Consume, Taint the Blood, Hungry for Destruction I
    • Stricken III, Feeding Frenzy, Taint the Aura
    • Strickened Soul, Blood Feast, Eldritch Cone Shape
    • Strickened Form, Greater Hunger, Steal Life Force III

DemonMage fucked around with this message at 10:27 on Aug 3, 2015

• Locked thread