Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Winson_Paine
Oct 27, 2000

Wait, something is wrong.

Mosnar posted:

Referencing the excellent and thoughtful OP is an excellent start.

Content: for those who are/have upgraded to Windows 10, I've found you need to alter the properties of falloutprefs.ini and fallout.ini in Users/Name/Documents/My Games/Fallout NV to give everyone listed "Full Control", or you may end up with a black, taunting screen like I did.

Edit: clarity

I should set the what to what? I am also getting this black screen periodically when things try to load, what do I need to change in the ini?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mosnar
Apr 21, 2007
Dropping Heavy Things From High Places, LLC

Winson_Paine posted:

I should set the what to what? I am also getting this black screen periodically when things try to load, what do I need to change in the ini?

You don't change the .ini's at all. You change the properties of the files so that all listed users (System, Home Users, Administrators, etc ..) have full control. Right click the .ini, Properties, click the Security tab, click Edit on "To change permissions, click Edit", click on each user listed and make sure the box for Full Control is ticked. Apply/Save

.. hope that's a little more clear. You're modifying the properties of c:\Users\Name\Documents\My Games\Fallout NV: FalloutPrefs.ini and Fallout.ini

Note: this reflects my experience with newly installed Windows 10, and worked for me. Your M may, of course, V.

Edit/More content: had to employ the registry hack to get Windows 10 on this sucker.

Ygolonac
Nov 26, 2007

pre:
CLUTCH  NIXON

The Hero We Need
Wasn't there an FO3 mod thread that started when the archived one in the OP closed? I could have sworn there was one with more/different info in the first few posts.

because yes, I *am* masochistic enough to mod it up and run it again. :suicide:

Jinnigan
Feb 12, 2007

We shall pay him a visit. There will be a picnic. Tea shall be served.
I'm using Nevada Skies and PN+FOOK convergence, so maybe it's complicated, but is there a mod to introduce dawn and dusk and gradual darkening/lightening? It feels super weird to just flip a switch at 7am and 7pm

Jinnigan
Feb 12, 2007

We shall pay him a visit. There will be a picnic. Tea shall be served.

Gyshall posted:

Try extracting that package and then compressing it again in 7zip as not rar

Turns out that whatever was causing it to crash had to do with something about getting the data and updates online; as soon as I turned off the stuff that needs you to log onto nexusmods, it went away. Strange

Mosnar
Apr 21, 2007

Ygolonac posted:

Wasn't there an FO3 mod thread that started when the archived one in the OP closed? I could have sworn there was one with more/different info in the first few posts.

because yes, I *am* masochistic enough to mod it up and run it again. :suicide:

Just walk this way: http://taleoftwowastelands.com/

You'll be much super duper happier with NV mods (and mechanics, gameplay, etc ..)

Ygolonac
Nov 26, 2007

pre:
CLUTCH  NIXON

The Hero We Need

Mosnar posted:

Just walk this way: http://taleoftwowastelands.com/

You'll be much super duper happier with NV mods (and mechanics, gameplay, etc ..)

Did someone port over Mart's Mutant Mod, then? Because one of the things I'm looking for is Night Ghouls...

Lazy_Liberal
Sep 17, 2005

These stones are :sparkles: precious :sparkles:

Ygolonac posted:

Did someone port over Mart's Mutant Mod, then? Because one of the things I'm looking for is Night Ghouls...

Here's the latest version from the TTW forums.

Besides the .ini permissions thing, anybody run into other issues running F:NV (especially TTW) on windows 10?

vvv oh no, rirse :( vvv

Lazy_Liberal fucked around with this message at 01:31 on Aug 2, 2015

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Can't seem to install Fallout Mod Manager on Window 10. Whenever I try to install it, it errors out when I start it, whining about the updater isn't working and quits. I tried to use the other Mod Manager, but it just repeatlys get the ABORT RETRY IGNORE prompt when installing.

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.

Rirse posted:

Can't seem to install Fallout Mod Manager on Window 10. Whenever I try to install it, it errors out when I start it, whining about the updater isn't working and quits. I tried to use the other Mod Manager, but it just repeatlys get the ABORT RETRY IGNORE prompt when installing.

Try mod organizer instead

Mosnar
Apr 21, 2007

Rirse posted:

Or use: http://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/54991/

Had that installed when I upgraded, and works fine ..

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Does anyone know some good tutorials for editing modded armors? I've found one or two that I really like, except for some of the accessories on the outfit. I'd like to try and remove them just to tidy the outfits up a bit but I'm not sure where to start.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

Arcsquad12 posted:

Does anyone know some good tutorials for editing modded armors? I've found one or two that I really like, except for some of the accessories on the outfit. I'd like to try and remove them just to tidy the outfits up a bit but I'm not sure where to start.

If you're lucky, it's a simple matter of getting Nifskope, finding the accessory you want to remove, and deleting that part out of the mesh. I've done this a few times. If you're unlucky, well ... when that happened to me I changed my mind on how much I really wanted to edit that armor.

step 1: back up your nif. back it up. back it up twice.

Then, load up the thing in Nifskope. In the preview window, you can rotate and move the camera around by clicking and dragging and using the mousewheel, so do that and find what you want to get rid of, and click on it in the preview window. If you're lucky, only that thing will be white-wireframed and in the Block List you should have a specific NiTriShape selected - one indicates the other. Right click on the selected NiTriShape, pick Block > Remove. Ideally, that accessory you selected is now gone.

Save your nif and try it out ingame.

Psion fucked around with this message at 05:15 on Aug 2, 2015

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Psion posted:

If you're lucky, it's a simple matter of getting Nifskope, finding the accessory you want to remove, and deleting that part out of the mesh. I've done this a few times. If you're unlucky, well ... when that happened to me I changed my mind on how much I really wanted to edit that armor.

step 1: back up your nif. back it up. back it up twice.

Then, load up the thing in Nifskope. In the preview window, you can rotate and move the camera around by clicking and dragging and using the mousewheel, so do that and find what you want to get rid of, and click on it in the preview window. If you're lucky, only that thing will be white-wireframed and in the Block List you should have a specific NiTriShape selected - one indicates the other. Right click on the selected NiTriShape, pick Block > Remove. Ideally, that accessory you selected is now gone.

Save your nif and try it out ingame.

Holy crap it actually worked! Thanks so much for this. I am going to abuse the hell out of it tidying up some other armors I like except for that one niggling little thin.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Mosnar posted:

Or use: http://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/54991/

Had that installed when I upgraded, and works fine ..

That worked, thank you.

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

I'm thinking of setting up a more heavily modified playthrough, and I'm thinking of getting Project Nevada and JSawyer's mod. Do they play well together, or do I need a convergence mod?

Raygereio
Nov 12, 2012

Serperoth posted:

I'm thinking of setting up a more heavily modified playthrough, and I'm thinking of getting Project Nevada and JSawyer's mod. Do they play well together, or do I need a convergence mod?
You can use both without problem. Only the PN Rebalance module conflicts with JSawyer. Loading JSawyer after PN won't help, since PN updates the gamesettings via a script. So if you open up PN's MCM at any point, it will override JSawyer.
If you want to use the PN Rebalance module with JSawyer's tweaks, you can try these settings in PN Rebalance's MCM:

Hitpoints endurance multiplier: 10
Hitpoints level multiplier: 5
Carryweight base: 50
Carryweight strenght multiplier: 25

Max level: 35
JSawyer tweaks the XP gain via a gamesetting, while PN Rebalance does so via a hidden perk. Set PN Rebalance's XP gain profile to that of the vanilla game and JSawyer's tweak will work fine.

Hunger increase: 230 (actually 230.4 but that slider in PN's MCM wasn't setup to allow decimals)
Hunger rate: 12.5
Thirst increase: 576
Thirst rate: 5
Sleep increase: 160
Sleep rate: 18
Survival based rates disabled.
Food healing enabled. (JSawyer is balanced around food being able to heal you, since stimpacks were made to be more scarce)

Food lootlist 25: 5
Food lootlist 50: 10
Food lootlist 75: 20
Food lootlist 100: 100

If you want to make JSawyer & PN Rebalance completely compatible you will need to do some minor FNVEdit work since both touch several ingestible entries and PN Rebalance edits more food leveled lists. However it's not necessary if you don't feel like doing that:
You can let JSawyer override PN Rebalance's ingestible entries. The only real issue will be that some food will have a "Fresh" or "Raw" tag and others don't.
Since PN Rebalance edits more food leveled lists, adding JSawyer's Chance None values to all those lists can result in food becoming a bit more scarce then Ropekid intended. There should still be enough food though and you can always increase the Food lootlist values in PN's MCM.

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

Alright, if it's just Rebalance, I think I'll just disable that and go with JS, since that also rebalances stuff. Thanks a lot for the info. :)

Secondary question, I can't seem to find DarnUI from the link in the OP. It leads to a thread that closed in 2010, and so does a quick google, which brings up the same thread and a nexus link to "Darnified UI - DT and DR", which doesn't' seem to be the entire thing. It's not the biggest issue, I'm not the biggest fan of it from what I can see, but I'm curious at this point.

VV: Alright, neat, thanks. :)

Serperoth fucked around with this message at 21:49 on Aug 2, 2015

ThaumPenguin
Oct 9, 2013

Serperoth posted:

Alright, if it's just Rebalance, I think I'll just disable that and go with JS, since that also rebalances stuff. Thanks a lot for the info. :)

Secondary question, I can't seem to find DarnUI from the link in the OP. It leads to a thread that closed in 2010, and so does a quick google, which brings up the same thread and a nexus link to "Darnified UI - DT and DR", which doesn't' seem to be the entire thing. It's not the biggest issue, I'm not the biggest fan of it from what I can see, but I'm curious at this point.

There should be a download link in that thread's OP.

DarnUI never got past beta as it was abandoned rather early on, but it's completely functional.

Proletarian Mango
May 21, 2011

I'm using ST Robot Race mod: http://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/43732/

I'm playing with the War Sentry body varient. The issue is that its rigged to the human skeleton which is too "relaxed" and causes clipping with the robot body's arms. How would I change it so its rigged to the Super Mutant skeleton instead?

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
People using RobCo Certified, is there somewhere I can get all the recipes for the junkbots? I would like to be able to do it in the field rather than trying to whack a fire hydrant, having the game tell me im lacking "certain components", having to go back to Cerulean Robotics every time and checking the recipe that way.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

HOTLANTA MAN posted:

People using RobCo Certified, is there somewhere I can get all the recipes for the junkbots? I would like to be able to do it in the field rather than trying to whack a fire hydrant, having the game tell me im lacking "certain components", having to go back to Cerulean Robotics every time and checking the recipe that way.

There's a robot you can make I think it's called a recursorbot which acts like the Cerulean Robotics machine and lets you make robots anywhere, but that takes up robot points and weighs 90lb when not in use. You can also try making a separate plugin or editing one of Robco's esp files so that you get a note that is just a copy/paste of the Junkbot readme.

Atticus_1354
Dec 10, 2006

barkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbark
What is a good alternate start mod? I am tired of waking up in Docs house.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Atticus_1354 posted:

What is a good alternate start mod? I am tired of waking up in Docs house.

Roleplayers Alternative Start is the definitive one. Along with doing all the usual character creation stuff, it lets you choose your starting wealth level and occupation/lifestyle from a huge list. Your chosen job changes your starting location (there's a ton of random ones, but your job affects which ones you're able to be dropped into), gear, reputations, and some starting perk benefits. Like you can be a traveling politician, NCR soldier (or deserter), Brotherhood of Steel knight who had his orders accidentally destroyed, gladiator from the Thorn, etc. And you can always choose to start at Doc Mitchell's front door if you want to go through the story normally. It's one of my immediate go-to mods under all circumstances.

The only issue I have with literally any of it is that even choosing the poorest start gives you more stuff and caps than if you began the game normally (discounting the Courier's Stash packs), so you may want to drop some stuff at the beginning to suit how you want to start.

m2pt5
May 18, 2005

THAT GOD DAMN MOSQUITO JUST KEEPS COMING BACK

HOTLANTA MAN posted:

Pretty sure one of the notes it stuffs in your Pipboy when you activate it explains that.

Emberfox
Jan 15, 2005

~rero rero rero rero rero
It's explained in the docs that come with the mod.

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

So I got myself Project Nevada, JSawyer, Poco Bueno and RobCo Certified, and game crashes on launch (without displaying anything), when I click "Launch NVSE" on FOMM.

Disabling Companion Core from RobCo Certified seemed to help, but on second launch it still crashes before I even see the copyright stuff at the start. I suspect it's something about my load order, but It's not like I have a million mods or something:

quote:

FalloutNV.esm
DeadMoney.esm
HonestHearts.esm
OldWorldBlues.esm
LonesomeRoad.esm
GunRunnersArsenal.esm
Project Nevada - Core.esm
Project Nevada - Cyberware.esp
Project Nevada - Equipment.esm
Companion Core.esm
RobCo Certified.esm
jsawyer.esp
CASM.esp
Lombard Station.esp
Lombard Station - Old World Blues.esp
Lombard Station - Dead Money.esp
Lombard Station - Gun Runners' Arsenal.esp
Lombard Station - Honest Hearts.esp
Lombard Station - Lonesome Road.esp
EVE FNV - ALL DLC.esp
RobCo Certified Friendly Hit Fixer.esp

Total active plugins: 21
Total plugins: 21

Plus Poco Bueno in the Package Manager.

Anything obvious that I'm missing, or any obvious ideas to start off with? I deactivated FOOK before doing anything, but I hope that's not it.

VV: :downs: Thanks a lot, again. I saw the bit about DLCs and presumed it was the expansion ones.

Serperoth fucked around with this message at 21:12 on Aug 3, 2015

Raygereio
Nov 12, 2012

Serperoth posted:

Anything obvious that I'm missing, or any obvious ideas to start off with?
The obvious one is that JSawyer requires all the DLCs, including the Courier's Stash one. Read the readme's and/or description pages of mods and pay attention to requirements & install/uninstall instructions.

Edit:
Also FOMM gives a warning when you have a plugin active with a missing master file. The plugin in question should be highlighted. It might just be the FOMM fork that does though.
Alternatively running your loadorder through FNVEdit will also point out missing masters.

Raygereio fucked around with this message at 21:13 on Aug 3, 2015

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

Raygereio posted:

The obvious one is that JSawyer requires all the DLCs, including the Courier's Stash one. Read the readme's and/or description pages of mods and pay attention to requirements & install/uninstall instructions.

Edit:
Also FOMM gives a warning when you have a plugin active with a missing master file. The plugin in question should be highlighted. It might just be the FOMM fork that does though.
Alternatively running your loadorder through FNVEdit will also point out missing masters.

I had checked jsawyer.esp for masters and I didn't see the packs anywhere, just FalloutNV and the four DLC. Might have been cause I had removed the files so that they wouldn't appear or something. Fixed now, so thanks once more. :)

Nova69
Jul 12, 2012

EDIT: Nevermind, I'm an idiot

Nova69 fucked around with this message at 11:49 on Aug 4, 2015

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Did Millennia ever do weapon retextures for the Fallout 3 weapons? Project Nevada's equipment module adds most of the FO3 guns back in and I was wondering if I could use any retextures for New Vegas.

Cerepol
Dec 2, 2011

Arcsquad12 posted:

Did Millennia ever do weapon retextures for the Fallout 3 weapons? Project Nevada's equipment module adds most of the FO3 guns back in and I was wondering if I could use any retextures for New Vegas.

Answer is basically no, he has some FO3 retex mods but they are ports of his FNV textures applied over a similar FO3 gun.

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.

Arcsquad12 posted:

No, but check out the Fallout 3 mod "Weapon Enhancement Project", which is very good and Millenia-esque. Just don't use the ESPs that come with it.

Apparently there is a version in the works for New Vegas proper, which is sweet.

7seven7
May 19, 2006

I barfed because you looked in my eyes!
So I recently went on a mod spree and I've got my game running fairly smoothly. The only problem I have is that my nights in game are now so dark that they're unplayable. I don't know what it is about my rig, but the lighting in Bethesda games has always been screwy on this machine. I thought it might have been Nevada skies, which was a shame because I enjoyed the new skies and having a sun in the sky was pretty cool. But I uninstalled it and it's still too dark at night to see anything. This is my load order:

0 0 FalloutNV.esm
1 1 DeadMoney.esm
2 2 HonestHearts.esm
3 3 OldWorldBlues.esm
4 4 LonesomeRoad.esm
5 5 GunRunnersArsenal.esm
6 6 ClassicPack.esm
7 7 MercenaryPack.esm
8 8 TribalPack.esm
9 9 CaravanPack.esm
10 a IWS-Core.esm
11 b ELECTRO-CITY - CompletedWorkorders.esm
12 c Momod.esm
13 d Military Explansion Program.esm
14 e Project Nevada - Core.esm
Project Nevada - Equipment.esm
15 f ELECTRO-CITY - Highways and Byways.esm
16 10 NVInteriors_Core.esm
17 11 SomeguySeries.esm
18 12 CompanionInfAmmo.esm
Project Nevada - Rebalance.esp
19 13 XRE - CARS!.esm
20 14 CFWNV.esm
21 15 The New Bison Steve Hotel.esm
Project Nevada - Cyberware.esp
22 16 Survivalist Bunker.esm
23 17 More Perks.esm
24 18 Project Nevada - Extra Options.esm
25 19 BetterGamePerformanceV4.esp
26 1a The Mod Configuration Menu.esp
27 1b NV_STTraitsandPerks.esp
28 1c NV_STTraitsandPerks_Crunch.esp
29 1d NV_STTraitsandPerks_Crunch - NVSE.esp
30 1e NV_STTraitsandPerks - NVSE.esp
31 1f UniversalPerkRequirements.esp
Project Nevada - Rebalance Complete.esp
32 20 XRE - CARS!.esp
33 21 Fellout.esp
34 22 IWS-Core-Guards.esp
35 23 IWS-Core-Patrols.esp
36 24 IWS-Core-Civilians.esp
37 25 IWS-DM.esp
38 26 IWS-HH.esp
39 27 IWS-OWB.esp
40 28 IWS-LR.esp
41 29 Lucky 38 Suite Expansion.esp
42 2a More Perks Update.esp
43 2b Roberts_NewVegas.esp
44 2c EVE FNV - ALL DLC.esp
45 2d WeaponModsExpanded.esp
46 2e AG Supplementary Uniques-AllInOne.esp
Project Nevada - All DLC.esp
47 2f NewVegasBounties.esp
48 30 NewVegasBountiesII.esp
49 31 1nivVSLArmors.esp
50 32 FO3WeaponsRestoration.esp
51 33 Wasteland Defense.esp
52 34 Roleplay Start 1.2.esp
53 35 Expanded Traits.esp
54 36 CompanionInfAmmoCheat.esp
55 37 Lombard Station.esp
56 38 Lombard Station - Old World Blues.esp
57 39 FalloutNVCheatTerminal.esp
58 3a Lombard Station - Dead Money.esp
59 3b Lombard Station - Honest Hearts.esp
60 3c Lombard Station - Gun Runners' Arsenal.esp
61 3d Lombard Station - Lonesome Road.esp
62 3e IMPACT.esp
63 3f dD - Enhanced Blood Main NV.esp
Project Nevada - Cyberware Additions.esp
64 40 UnlimitedCompanions.esp
65 41 PipBoyLightx1.5.esp
66 42 PipBoyLightx2.esp
67 43 AG Supplementary Uniques-GRA.esp
68 44 CompanionInfAmmoOptional.esp
69 45 TGsArmorCollectionVegas.esp
70 46 RCSS.esp
71 47 Tailor Maid - NV.esp
72 48 UHNV.esp
73 49 UHNV-Honest Hearts.esp
74 4a UHNV-Dead Money.esp
75 4b UHNV-OWB.esp
76 4c UHNV-Lonesome Road.esp

Would anyone be able to tell me if any of these darken the night? I don't remember specifically installing anything that mentioned pitch black night times.

EDIT: Apologies. I've just noticed how massive that list is.

Luminaflare
Sep 23, 2010

No one man
should have all that
POWER BEYOND MEASURE

I think Fellout actually makes nights darker, I've noticed that nights are really dark in my game and the only graphical changes I had when I first noticed it was Fellout.

Also I think you have a redundant entry with the pipboy light.

The Sweetling
May 13, 2005

BOOMSHAKALAKA
Fun Shoe

7seven7 posted:

EDIT: Apologies. I've just noticed how massive that list is.

In the Nevada skies download page there is a separate link for brighter nights.

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
Fellout makes nights significantly darker. It's annoying. I just wanted the removal of the orange filter.

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.

Doctor Goat posted:

Fellout makes nights significantly darker. It's annoying. I just wanted the removal of the orange filter.

The stock ENB preset will remove all filter/post processing.

7seven7
May 19, 2006

I barfed because you looked in my eyes!

The Sweetling posted:

In the Nevada skies download page there is a separate link for brighter nights.

Awesome. Thanks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kerning Chameleon
Apr 8, 2015

by Cyrano4747
As an aside, I can tell you straight up your load order for Lombard Station is incorrect. I'm not totally certain it'll affect anything, but the readme says the optional esps need to be loaded their corresponding DLCs were released in, and LS is not in the LOOT Master File so it just kinda durrs out and falls back on conflict detection instead. I'd advise either manually telling LOOT to load the esps one after the other, or just merge them all with the fnvedit merge script.