Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Jamsta posted:

I see some nice burgs in this thread, good work boys and girls.

Here's my Venison and Gorgonzola burg I just made. i wanted to melt the cheese more, but got impatient.

It was tasty... but beef is still king

God I love wild game burgs. Would

Norns fucked around with this message at 15:42 on Aug 1, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
the night is dark and full of burgers

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

I found my kendo stick, bitch!

Lipstick Apathy

Jamsta posted:

Here's my Venison and Gorgonzola burg I just made. i wanted to melt the cheese more, but got impatient.

Looks great, but is it pure venison or did you mix it up with something fatty? I found that venison burgers are best when you grind a little bacon in with it, just so they aren't so lean and heavy.

Jamsta
Dec 16, 2006

Oh you want some too? Fuck you!

Fenrir posted:

Looks great, but is it pure venison or did you mix it up with something fatty? I found that venison burgers are best when you grind a little bacon in with it, just so they aren't so lean and heavy.

Cheated; got it premade at the supermarket. The ingredients say 90% venison, 10% binder and spices (like Fenugreek). I cooked the burg in butter, wasn't dry.

rj54x
Sep 16, 2007
Probably still not enough fat. When we made hamburger out of venison trim back home we'd grind in about 20% beef suet.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

hhnnnnnngh why you do

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Burged at home

Sourdough, garlic aioli, dill pickle relish, red onion, beefsteak tomato, cheddar, swiss, home ground chuck salt and peppered. Oh there's some bacon hiding too.

Jamsta
Dec 16, 2006

Oh momma

OtherworldlyInvader
Feb 10, 2005

The X-COM project did not deliver the universe's ultimate cup of coffee. You have failed to save the Earth.

Jamsta posted:

Norns posted:

Burged at home

Sourdough, garlic aioli, dill pickle relish, red onion, beefsteak tomato, cheddar, swiss, home ground chuck salt and peppered. Oh there's some bacon hiding too.

Polio Vax Scene
Apr 5, 2009

Norns posted:

Burged at home

Would buy for like $10

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
i ate in n out last night. was good. will go back. such is life on this west coast

Tyson Tomko
May 8, 2005

The Problem Solver.

Norns posted:

Burged at home

I don't even know if they still exist in this form, but when I worked at Hardee's in high school in the late 90s the Frisco Burger was one of my all time faves. Yours looks like a much classier version and I would love to eat it. Come at me burg

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Chinatown posted:

i ate in n out last night. was good. will go back. such is life on this west coast

Man I miss in n out.

Double double and animal fries. Every time.

queef anxiety
Mar 4, 2009

yeah
What the gently caress is a furger

Dyna Soar
Nov 30, 2006

Brinner posted:

What the gently caress is a furger

a furger is to a burger what foosball is to football

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

I found my kendo stick, bitch!

Lipstick Apathy

Norns posted:

Burged at home

:drat:

Come to daddy.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Norns posted:

Burged at home

now that's a burger.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Norns posted:

Burged at home

you've gotta be kidding me

holy christ

The Midniter
Jul 9, 2001

Norns posted:

Burged at home

1/10 for underripe mealy tomatoes, would not eat.

(jesus loving christ I want that in my stomach right now)

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

I tore a tendon when I sprained my ankle and am not doing the grocery shopping.

My wife got a firm talking to about the importance of ripe tomato purchases! She picked a great chuck roast though!

Was still loving great.

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

Finally had the chance to have some burgers this long weekend.

Second burger not pictured.

Tyson Tomko
May 8, 2005

The Problem Solver.

Jehde posted:

Hell yeah sign me up! The corn on the cob enhances the already great looking burger.

aejix
Sep 18, 2007

It's about finding that next group of core players we can win with in the next 6, 8, 10 years. Let's face it, it's hard for 20-, 21-, 22-year-olds to lead an NHL team. Look at the playoffs.

That quote is from fucking 2018. Fuck you Jim
Pillbug
Lunchtime burg as I will not be working near this burger joint for the forseeable future. Nestled under the lettuce is some pickle slices, mustard AND tomato sauce. Nice basic burg, good smashed patty and american cheese. No action photos as I needed to get that into my guts as fast as possible

A solid 8/10 from my tastebuds

Nhilist
Jul 29, 2004
I like it quiet in here

Jehde posted:

That could be the cutest little burger I have ever seen.

Jamsta
Dec 16, 2006

Looks pretty sexy to me!

UK goons: I just tried the McDonalds BBQ Smokehouse.

I can barely taste the (liquid) smoke, the buns not very good and it's got too much wet lettuce. Would not recommend

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

McDonalds really just needs to go back to basics. Every "gourmet" burger they put out is garbage.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
I didn't like the florida beef burger (mcdo, France), there's barely any nachos in it.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

What does Florida have to do with nachos?

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Norns posted:

What does Florida have to do with nachos?

Don't know, here's what I'm talking about :

I call them nachos but maybe tortillas are something different? the california chicken is better but I don't really feel the avocado sauce.

Kurtofan fucked around with this message at 16:35 on Aug 4, 2015

Jamsta
Dec 16, 2006

Norns posted:

McDonalds really just needs to go back to basics. Every "gourmet" burger they put out is garbage.

I've only had a couple good ones (Chorizo burg was very good for McD's), rest are terrible.

Kurtofan posted:

I call them nachos but maybe tortillas are something different? the california chicken is better but I don't really feel the avocado sauce.

Love it: "California AND Chicken". The whole state, rolled into a sandwich.

They've just picked two well known States and made burgs in their names. No logic at all.

Jamsta fucked around with this message at 17:19 on Aug 4, 2015

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Flordia, famous for Mexican food.

beerinator
Feb 21, 2003

Kurtofan posted:

We call those tortilla chips here in the U.S. Nachos is a dish made from tortilla chips.

A Florida Burger should be a burger with a big slice of orange on it. And Mickey Mouse ears on top.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Or a Cuban style burger? gently caress I want some Flordia Cuban food... everything else in that state should just sink into the ocean.

Gwaihir
Dec 8, 2009
Hair Elf

Norns posted:

Or a Cuban style burger? gently caress I want some Flordia Cuban food... everything else in that state should just sink into the ocean.

Florida burg should 10000% be a cuban style beef/chorizo mix topped with shoestring potato sticks and a tangy aoli anything served on cuban bread.
MMmmmm.

Secret Spoon
Mar 22, 2009

Norns posted:

tortas and cubanos rule

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Secret Spoon posted:

tortas and cubanos rule

Oh ya.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Jamsta posted:

Love it: "California AND Chicken". The whole state, rolled into a sandwich.

They've just picked two well known States and made burgs in their names. No logic at all.

True... not that people know or care. It sounds exotic, that's the logic.

Jamsta
Dec 16, 2006

Wife just bought some "Wagyu" burgs from Aldi which guys here have been talking about.

Not gonna lie, they're the best pre-made patties you can buy from a supermarket in Blighty.

The burgs I made looked ugly, but the taste was A1. Would recommend

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

bossman at work decided to make a burg for dinner so i snapped a pic

bottom bun, bacon, baked beans, 4/1 burger, good onion ring to for a cage for some pulled pork, slaw, mini ring, bun

i really wish i had one rn :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tyson Tomko
May 8, 2005

The Problem Solver.

verbal enema posted:

bossman at work decided to make a burg for dinner so i snapped a pic

bottom bun, bacon, baked beans, 4/1 burger, good onion ring to for a cage for some pulled pork, slaw, mini ring, bun

i really wish i had one rn :(

Not exactly the best looking burger (or most practical/functional) but fantastic use of an onion ring there. That being said, WOULD.

• Locked thread