Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

ACES CURE PLANES posted:

To be fair, every culture across the world is that way. Introduce something mostly familiar but with a slightly foreign twist and with a foreign name and people will have that reaction and it'll be popular. It's just how humanity is.

It's like how all you gotta do is say something like "hand-cut salsa" and suddenly it sounds tastier.

bossy lady
Jul 9, 1983

Paula Deen's new cookbook is lookin good.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

13Pandora13 posted:

Aw man, I thought the fries tasted different. I thought the Wendy's by me was just lovely.

Yeah, they used to have normal fries that looked just like McDonalds' but they tasted better and then all of a sudden they swapped to what we've got now with the potato peel on some of ends of them.

Here's the return of an old classic.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Shrink-wrapped beef?

E: Wait gently caress is that maple syrup

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Dabir posted:

Shrink-wrapped beef?

E: Wait gently caress is that maple syrup

Your answer is "Goon Cooking"

Tree Goat
May 24, 2009

argania spinosa

RareAcumen posted:

Yeah, they used to have normal fries that looked just like McDonalds' but they tasted better and then all of a sudden they swapped to what we've got now with the potato peel on some of ends of them.

I can dance all day

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Tree Goat posted:

I can dance all day

Woodbridge :rolleyes:

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

all the time i am eating from the trashcan. the name of this trashcan is ideology

Tree Goat posted:

I can dance all day

Is that a lobster tail? More importantly, is that sour cream and mango juice?

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost

Tree Goat posted:

I can dance all day

Reddit :rolleyes:

cash crab posted:

The "mango juice" is actually melted butter for the lobster tail.

No idea what the white poo poo is... Tarter sauce?

Tree Goat
May 24, 2009

argania spinosa
The original reddit thread it came from was pretty good too, it was on the order of "my girlfriend just left me but I don't care, I'm browsing reddit like a sir" but when I reverse GIS I just get pictures of TV dinners.

cash crab posted:

Yes, and at a guess horseradish sauce and melted butter.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

cash crab posted:

That's butter. You've gotta have butter with shellfish.

(I can't actually have butter with shellfish, because all shellfish makes me horribly sick. :()

Tree Goat
May 24, 2009

argania spinosa
Melted butter is so pedestrian

Rickycat
Nov 26, 2007

by Lowtax

Tree Goat posted:

:smith:

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

all the time i am eating from the trashcan. the name of this trashcan is ideology

ACES CURE PLANES posted:

That's butter. You've gotta have butter with shellfish.

(I can't actually have butter with shellfish, because all shellfish makes me horribly sick. :()

Me, too! Also, lobster tails are bug asses anyway so they are gross

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005
MMMMM sea cockroach

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost

Tree Goat posted:

Thanks for this. I just laughed so hard my girlfriend woke up and yelled at me to go to sleep, :lol:

El Estrago Bonito
Dec 17, 2010

Scout Finch Bitch

Tree Goat posted:

The original reddit thread it came from was pretty good too, it was on the order of "my girlfriend just left me but I don't care, I'm browsing reddit like a sir" but when I reverse GIS I just get pictures of TV dinners.

This is depressing. If your girl leaves you the last thing you need to do is eat along by your computer. You need to go to show, get out at 2AM and convince the guy at the local 24 hour taco shop to make you a breakfast burrito because "It's technically morning".

Not speaking from experience or anything.

That taco shop is amazing. One time my friend got the guy to make him carne asada fries with fried fish instead of asada in order to win a bet that he couldn't get fish and chips after midnight in our city.

Son of cash crab
Jul 22, 2015

Tree Goat posted:

Amazingly, the pairing of coffee and garlic has already been done. Maybe I'm just an uncultured goon, but it sounds completely loving disgusting.

Tiberius Thyben
Feb 7, 2013

Gone Phishing

Son of cash crab posted:

Maybe I'm just an uncultured goon, but it sounds completely loving disgusting.

It can be both!

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free
You fuckers want to dance, huh?

Oh, I can dance.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

VendaGoat posted:

MMMMM sea cockroach

At least there's actual meat on those.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

BARONS CYBER SKULL posted:

You fuckers want to dance, huh?

Oh, I can dance.
I can handle plates of barf, but this is just depressing :smith:

13Pandora13
Nov 5, 2008

I've got tiiits that swingle dangle dingle

RareAcumen posted:

The potato peel ones are the good ones though. :psyduck: I guess the Wendy's by me sucks then.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

13Pandora13 posted:

The potato peel ones are the good ones though. :psyduck: I guess the Wendy's by me sucks then.

Must just be locales then. I'm in North Carolina and when ours switched they became not as good. Fries are so easy to not gently caress up though so there're still plenty of options around for them like Cookout/Backyard burger.

cobalt impurity
Apr 23, 2010

I hope he didn't care about that pizza.
Never peel your potatoes. Fries, stew, mashed, au gratin, they all benefit from tasty 'tato skins!

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no glitter in the gutter~
~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice
CHIP REPORT

The Biscuit and Gravy Lay's taste like sour cream and onion chips with black pepper on them. 4/10 if you were expecting biscuits and gravy, 9/10 if you like sour cream and onion.

I'm not sure what the hell they were going for with the Truffle ones; there are so many goddamn flavors on those things that every time I put one in my mouth I spend a full minute chewing silently, thinking "what the gently caress is this even supposed to taste like?" Culinary mystery aside, they're not bad.

The Gyro chips taste like (tame) gyro seasoning. They're pretty good.

The Reuben, though, man... That's a good chip. Tastes just like a reuben. Lay's definitely knocked that one right out of the park.

Kakairo
Dec 5, 2005

In case of emergency, my ass can be used as a flotation device.

GOTTA STAY FAI posted:

CHIP REPORT

The Biscuit and Gravy Lay's taste like sour cream and onion chips with black pepper on them. 4/10 if you were expecting biscuits and gravy, 9/10 if you like sour cream and onion.

I'm not sure what the hell they were going for with the Truffle ones; there are so many goddamn flavors on those things that every time I put one in my mouth I spend a full minute chewing silently, thinking "what the gently caress is this even supposed to taste like?" Culinary mystery aside, they're not bad.

The Reuben, though, man... That's a good chip. Tastes just like a reuben. Lay's definitely knocked that one right out of the park.

I can agree with your Gyro chip assessment. The flavor is very light. It tastes good, yet somehow you're not tempted to gorge on them like you are on most chips.

The Truffle ones taste like Target's own brand Parmesan chips with extra oil.

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

GOTTA STAY FAI posted:

CHIP REPORT

Good to know both of us went to 7-11 yesterday. I wanna try the reuben ones.

Brocktoon
Jul 18, 2006

Before we engage we should hang back and study their tactics.
I tried all 4 chip flavors yesterday and was struck by how wholly unremarkable they all tasted.

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

I just bought all 4 for work. Everyone loved the Biscuits and Gravy and said that's the only one that was spot on. The Reuben one was correct as well at the end, but everyone agreed Reuben isn't a good chip flavor.

Truffle fries only my boss could taste truffle, and Gyro everyone hated while I loved them.

BlankIsBeautiful
Apr 4, 2008

Feeling a little inadequate?

cash crab posted:

To counteract this woeful review, please watch this video about a tiny Japanese pizza-making kit: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R06wOny6Uk8

I love this guy's videos. They're weirdly soothing, and the level of detail is on par with the folks who "review" military MREs.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

BlankIsBeautiful posted:

I love this guy's videos. They're weirdly soothing, and the level of detail is on par with the folks who "review" military MREs.

It's actually a two person team, one dude and one chick, and yeah, they're great. Shame about the whole harassment thing though.

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

Drythe posted:

I just bought all 4 for work. Everyone loved the Biscuits and Gravy and said that's the only one that was spot on. The Reuben one was correct as well at the end, but everyone agreed Reuben isn't a good chip flavor.
I'm sorry your coworkers are so wrong about chip flavors.

After scoring some great white cheddar cheese curds, I'll be hacking together some poutine tonight! I expect it to look terrible, but taste great.

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

RareAcumen posted:

Milksteak?

Dogfish
Nov 4, 2009

Hirayuki posted:

I'm sorry your coworkers are so wrong about chip flavors.

After scoring some great white cheddar cheese curds, I'll be hacking together some poutine tonight! I expect it to look terrible, but taste great.

Be sure to use both chicken and beef broth in the gravy or else it's not really poutine sauce.

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

Dogfish posted:

Be sure to use both chicken and beef broth in the gravy or else it's not really poutine sauce.

Counterpoint: don't feel you need to listen to this poutine Hitler and make your gravy however you drat well please.

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out
poutine putsch

I like the Bacon Mac 'n' Cheese Lay's.

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale
godDAMMIT
"poutine Pol Pot"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

ACES CURE PLANES posted:

It's actually a two person team, one dude and one chick, and yeah, they're great. Shame about the whole harassment thing though.

What happened

• Locked thread