Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Animal Crossing isn't getting a mainline game on Wii U because they no longer have time to make one and because Amiibo Party will make them just as much money.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

Animal Crossing isn't getting a mainline game on Wii U because they no longer have time to make one and because Amiibo Party will make them just as much money.

I wouldn't be surprised if they've been pulling teams off other stuff to work on bits of the next Legend of Zelda, because that game's going to be big.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Motto posted:

neptunia is idea factory/compile heart, gust is the company that makes atelier games

Still hilarious bullshit that Hyper Dimension Neptunia Action Unleashed U is a vita exclusive.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Today was Kirby's birthday, here's the yearly celebration post.

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

Guess I will just save my money and keep playing DK64 on the cart.

Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

Speaking of DK, Donkey Kong Country Returns does not get nearly enough love.

Especially if you become a dirty filthy modder just so you can play with the classic controller... :)

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
DKCR gets a lot of love. Possibly too much of it.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Where's the love for DK Barrel Blast?

Linear Zoetrope
Nov 28, 2011

A hero must cook
Donkey Konga is obviously the best one.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

I honestly thought the King K Rool stuff in smash was a joke until people got mad about the Mii costume.

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

noirstronaut posted:

Yeah, it's good, but Tropical Freeze is waaaay better

Vookatos
May 2, 2013

Hakkesshu posted:

Yeah, it's good, but Tropical Freeze is waaaay better

I think I like them both the same, simply because I can't stand water levels in TF. Normal levels are better, but the gimmick world in DKCR is much more fun!

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

Jarogue posted:

Just saw the SGDQ speed run of DK64 on Wii U VC. Does it truly have 1 sec lag input when playing it on the Wii U?
I was under the impression that with regards to VC games the lag (about a frame or two) was on the gamepad rather than the main screen. I can definitely subtlety notice a difference if I hold up the gamepad and watch the TV screen and it at the same time.

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

DK Jungle Beat was a good game.

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

noirstronaut posted:

It's a really polished and well made game but it was too busy stomping me in the dick for me to really enjoy it. I haven't played Tropical Freeze yet, but after playing DKCR and Metroid Prime 2 I think Retro studios still haven't topped the first Metroid Prime game.

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

Nate RFB posted:

I was under the impression that with regards to VC games the lag (about a frame or two) was on the gamepad rather than the main screen. I can definitely subtlety notice a difference if I hold up the gamepad and watch the TV screen and it at the same time.

Well that finally explain Earthbound Zero when I'm watching and playing it from the gamepad, but yeah its not just the gamepad for DK64 VC https://youtu.be/sqNwFZVnEj8?t=21m6s

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.

SRM posted:

It's a really polished and well made game but it was too busy stomping me in the dick for me to really enjoy it. I haven't played Tropical Freeze yet, but after playing DKCR and Metroid Prime 2 I think Retro studios still haven't topped the first Metroid Prime game.

Well, sure. DKCR and Tropical Freeze are good but Metroid Prime is one of the best games ever made. It's a high bar to surmount.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
I don't get why Senran Kagura Deep Crimson is coming to the 3ds but not the wii-U.

The 3ds kinda sucks for games of that type and it would have been more fitting to have it on a console.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
I think I may have preordered that game on a whim. I can't seem to find record of it, though. When should I expect a surprise in the mail?

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Waltzing Along posted:

I think I may have preordered that game on a whim. I can't seem to find record of it, though. When should I expect a surprise in the mail?

September

japtor
Oct 28, 2005

FPzero posted:

:hfive:

I need to get those bongos set up for Divekick or something sometime.

ManlyGrunting
May 29, 2014

FPzero posted:

drat straight. Made by the same guys who did the Mario Galaxy games too, you can see several elements between the games like swinging on a bigass plant to launch yourself into the air.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
Jungle Beat plays nothing like mario galaxy at all period any sort of vague similarity was a coincidence. They were a big drop in gameplay quality especially compared to the 3 SNES games and even DK 64.

They were the Metroid Prime federation Force of Donkey Kong games.

japtor
Oct 28, 2005
Can't wait for Federation Force then :dance:

(Hey it's by the Mario Soccer people, and there's a Metroid Prime Soccer mode)

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

Is Jungle Beats worth buying again so that I can play it with bongos. Already have the Wii ver.

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

#FE is going to be 2016 GOTY

Wii U brings home the GOTY trophy again

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

Jarogue posted:

Is Jungle Beats worth buying again so that I can play it with bongos. Already have the Wii ver.

The Wi version changed a lot of mechanics beyond just replacing the bongos, so if you're really into it you might as well own both versions.

majormonotone
Jan 25, 2013

very excited for future GOTY 2016

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

Nothing exciting to see here. Move along.

majormonotone posted:

very excited for future GOTY 2016

very very excited

I would legit be even more excited if we get Splatoon's Final Boss Final Phase music as one of the songs that they sing!

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!
That man is a true professional, able to speak with such even measure with that happening on screen.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Does the Wii U version of Binding Of Isaac have multiplayer?

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

SeANMcBAY posted:

Does the Wii U version of Binding Of Isaac have multiplayer?

I've put like 200 hours into the Isaac games and had no idea they had multiplayer until this post (it seems lame though - the second player player just gets to be a familiar)

Googling it though it seems like the Wii U version does have multiplayer (the 3DS version doesn't)

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Everyone said this would happen when Sega bought Atlus but the rate at which it is happening astounds me

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

Folt The Bolt posted:

very very excited

I would legit be even more excited if we get Splatoon's Final Boss Final Phase music as one of the songs that they sing!

But that's the song they are singing in that previously linked video.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

Everyone said this would happen when Sega bought Atlus but the rate at which it is happening astounds me

What did everyone say would happen?

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Motto posted:

What did everyone say would happen?

The rate at which Atlus turned the Fire Emblem / SMT crossover into a weird rhythm game with absurd amount of anime is astounding THE AWESOME GHOST for, you see, Sega was the one who decided on this direction for the game that has been in development for the last three years. Sega, not Atlus. It's astounding and everyone said it would happen. Someone save Atlus, they would never do this on their own! :rolleyes:

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
It owns

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer
Every time I see more FEXSMT stuff I am more intrigued

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~
Every time I see more FExSMT stuff I just think "this is not for me, but I can tell it's for somebody"

• Locked thread