Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Fallen Rib
Someone find this panel, but I think its one of the most BERSERK panels in existence. In the part of the story where Grisha guys invade that city and Guts is in a ballroom, a giant mutated tiger busts in and guts like i dunno cuts it in half or something length wise and the panel is just guts doing that then everyone at the party having a reaction face.

thats berserk

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.

FatSamurai
Jul 7, 2004

Seethe, ye rolling clouds, gather thy stormborn might, and SMITE MINE ENEMY WITH THY UNFETTERED FURY!!!
I thought the most Berserk panel ever was Guts riding Zodd through a giant lightning demon sword-first. I remember reading that for the first time and going apeshit, it was so amazing.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
i was last up to date with berserk about 3 years ago when i think he was escaping the kraken. i take it i'm like 3 chapters behind now?

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Jose posted:

i was last up to date with berserk about 3 years ago when i think he was escaping the kraken. i take it i'm like 3 chapters behind now?

Close! You are 6 chapters behind. There was one (1) in 2013, then four last year and now there's been a new one.

Not a single one of them deals with Guts and co. on the boat, though.

Bloodyshinta1
Aug 6, 2010

The Crotch
Oct 16, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

apropos to nothing posted:

If you had one page to sum berserk up or to sell it to someone new what would you use? Personally I think I'd go with

EDIT: Actually, all of Lost Children basically owned.

The Crotch fucked around with this message at 07:38 on Aug 3, 2015

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

We're your first, last, and only line of defense. We live in secret. We exist in shadow.

And we dress in black.

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

We're your first, last, and only line of defense. We live in secret. We exist in shadow.

And we dress in black.

The Crotch posted:

EDIT: Actually, all of Lost Children basically owned.

This is another good one from Lost Children

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
Yeah, I think the Fairies arc is still my favourite.

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

And we dress in black.

Jerkface posted:

Someone find this panel, but I think its one of the most BERSERK panels in existence. In the part of the story where Grisha guys invade that city and Guts is in a ballroom, a giant mutated tiger busts in and guts like i dunno cuts it in half or something length wise and the panel is just guts doing that then everyone at the party having a reaction face.

thats berserk

Other very Berserk pages from that chapter,

Meadowhill
Jan 5, 2015
I was rereading Berserk the other day, until suddenly some terrible part of my brain felt it had reached an epiphany: Guts was cuked by Griffith. And now the thought won't go away. I fear browsing GBS has broken my brain.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

seek help

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
I think a very poignant point in the Lost Children arc is the ending, when Guts is telling the little girl to stay away from the darkness. I'd post those pages, but I can't right now.

Nebakenezzer
Sep 13, 2005

The Mote in God's Eye

A long time ago in this very thread I think this image inspired somebody to say "Guts really needs to hand out pamphlets or something when poo poo is about to get real."

I don't have a screencap/ gif of it, but somewhere in the Berserk anime Guts is fightin' some dudes, and there is a shot that starts inside a human torso, which is then sliced open by Guts.

That is my Berserk Img, other media entry

e: runner up is the Anime's rendition of Guts in the hundred-man battle. He takes a crossbow quarrel in the hand, and then just breaks the quarrel by making a fist to show how little fucks he gives about injury

Nebakenezzer fucked around with this message at 22:41 on Aug 3, 2015

AndwhatIseeisme
Mar 30, 2010

Being alive is pretty much a constant stream of embarrassment.
Fun Shoe
Sorry, it's a few pictures but I'm pretty sure this sequence is the essence of Berserk

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

Alert: bad post spotted.
Can we bring back Pony Griffith?

Bloodyshinta1
Aug 6, 2010

fk yea

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

notZaar posted:

Not enough tits for HBO unfortunately.

i'm reading the whole thing again and i'm at the priest arc and lol at this statement

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy

Jose posted:

i'm reading the whole thing again and i'm at the priest arc and lol at this statement

Have you even seen HBO??

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

notZaar posted:

Have you even seen HBO??

it had lots of tits and could easily add more. also berserk is going to end at fairy island when they finally arrive in 10 years time, which is why its being dragged out. since Guts only has 2 options

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
I always liked the part where swordman cuts the opponent down with his huge sword

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
I always liked the part right before that when the opponent thinks there's no way swordsman is going to cut them down with his huge sword.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

You can't really call it a sword, though.

More like a huge lump of iron.

KillerQueen
Jul 13, 2010

Too much for any normal human to swing.

Nebakenezzer
Sep 13, 2005

The Mote in God's Eye

Bad Seafood posted:

You can't really call it a sword, though.

More like a huge lump of iron.

Steel girder sharpened at both ends

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡
dense object swung at speeds capable of bisecting soggy organics

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy
Basically, a controlled piece of debris from a massive explosion.

The Crotch
Oct 16, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Zzulu posted:

I always liked the part where swordman cuts the opponent down with his huge sword
But I hate the part where the swordsman gets hit in the chest by a large, blunt object and is sent flying into a larger blunt object and then there's a close-up of blood coming out of his mouth.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

I forgot how incredible the art is. Its a shame this will never be finished because a live action version could really work as a tv show

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
What actors would you want to play the characters in live action? I can see them having Peter Dinklage play one of the God Hand. Ubik I think?

Mraagvpeine fucked around with this message at 00:08 on Aug 6, 2015

Liquid Dinosaur
Dec 16, 2011

by Smythe
Everyone is Eddie Murphy

Andrigaar
Dec 12, 2003
Saint of Killers

Jose posted:

I forgot how incredible the art is. Its a shame this will never be finished because a live action version could really work as a tv show

Oh, you say that now. But when you see the either CGI-extended blade or paper mache prop... the the tears and questions will flow.

Vedius Pollio
Sep 11, 2007

I feel like the only way you could adapt Berserk to live action is to make it as much of an '80s fantasy throwback as humanly possible to reflect the movies which Miura was totally watching while planning the story (Flesh + Blood, Conan the Barbarian, Lady Hawk).

So obviously Puck would be played by Matthew Broderick.

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

And we dress in black.

I wonder.why some.people use P
eriods.instead.of spaces.and.also
have bad.opinions.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

They should modernize it, turn the Band of the Hawk into a PMC which gets incorporated into the US armed forces. Griffith purposefully leads his squad into an ambush to get everybody killed, erasing his dirty past and creating a sob story to sell his newfound political platform supported by Pentagon's military-industrial complex. Only Gregory "Guts" Smith, a sharpshooter armed with an anti-material rifle, can hope to bring him down.

Davinci
Feb 21, 2013

Bad Seafood posted:

They should modernize it, turn the Band of the Hawk into a PMC which gets incorporated into the US armed forces. Griffith purposefully leads his squad into an ambush to get everybody killed, erasing his dirty past and creating a sob story to sell his newfound political platform supported by Pentagon's military-industrial complex. Only Gregory "Guts" Smith, a sharpshooter armed with an anti-material rifle, can hope to bring him down.

I'd watch it.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

Mraagvpeine posted:

What actors would you want to play the characters in live action? I can see them having Peter Dinklage play one of the God Hand. Ubik I think?

Griffith would have to be Gilbert Gottfried.

Franz von Dada
Feb 10, 2014

A Boy and His Parasite

Jose posted:

live action version

I'm sure that they could do pretty much all the monsters ands special effects with modern technology and make it look great...

...expect for Guts' sword. How the hell would that work in live action without looking like the most ridiculous thing?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

And we dress in black.
You could probably make a model that was light enough to move but still heavy enough that it would take enough effort to use that it would look convincingly heavy.