Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

It looks like I'm gonna have to steal back my future.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

epitasis posted:

tbh dragon gate is a more anime promotion though and also has prettier wrestlers so it might be the better choice

I am not too familiar with dragon gate but for my money Lucha Underground is the most anime wrestling promotion.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

yikes

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Is that referring to me not being following Dragon Gate, or thinking that LU is the most anime promotion?

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

well the first begets the second so i guess both

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

epitasis posted:

well the first begets the second so i guess both

Thanks for clarifying.

But LU has a wrestling Dragon. There needs to be something big to out-anime that. :colbert:

Delsaber
Oct 1, 2013

This may or may not be correct.

SyntheticPolygon posted:

I am not too familiar with dragon gate but for my money Lucha Underground is the most anime wrestling promotion.

I was thinking Chikara personally.

TurnipFritter
Apr 21, 2010
10,000 POSTS ON TALKING TIME

Normie Slayer posted:

Is there a release date for the Persona 5 release date?

Not officially, but we all assume that's what the new countdown timer is leading up to.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Delsaber posted:

I was thinking Chikara personally.

Oh yeah, drat. Completely forgot about Chikara. That probably has to be in the running.

TurnipFritter posted:

Not officially, but we all assume that's what the new countdown timer is leading up to.

There's a new countdown timer?

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

SyntheticPolygon posted:

Thanks for clarifying.

But LU has a wrestling Dragon. There needs to be something big to out-anime that. :colbert:

this is cyber kong

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

epitasis posted:

this is cyber kong

A good start, but better than a wrestling dragon? I'm not convinced.

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

TurnipFritter posted:

Oh poo poo, I didn't know about that

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

dragon gateru~~~~~~~

thinking silliness like chikara embodies the spirit of anime is to misunderstand anime, however. unlike most promotions dragon gate targets young people, gay men and women because it has a bunch of stylish as gently caress good looking juniors

Yoya
Nov 6, 2009

I already bought the chicken

Normie Slayer posted:

Is there a release date for the Persona 5 release date?

Yes http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/baby?iso=20150917T08&p0=248&msg=TGS+2015&font=cursive

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Alright you're swaying me.

I should watch it myself but it is G1 time and i'm already watching too much wrestling. So that will have to wait.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

although dragon gate has never done a run-in on an idol concert like new japan so they have the advantage there; shin megami tensei is, as we all know, extremely focused on the idol industry

TurnipFritter
Apr 21, 2010
10,000 POSTS ON TALKING TIME

Normie Slayer posted:

Oh poo poo, I didn't know about that

Neither do the fine folks at Sega Atlus

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

There's a ton of Persona in VGCW, your number one source of anime, video game, and anime video game wrestling.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Policenaut posted:

There's a ton of Persona in VGCW, your number one source of anime, video game, and anime video game wrestling.

Pretty sure both Kanji and Chie are #1 contenders too.

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

epitasis posted:

dragon gateru~~~~~~~

Everyone knows that DDT is the slice-of-life wrestling promotion. Office brawls. Camping brawls. Blow-up dolls. Non-existant (sorry, invisible) wrestlers.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

What are the chances that P5 will actually make it in 2015? There's so little out there about the game and we're drawing to the end rather fast it's kinda hard to believe it's going to stick that landing.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

What are the chances that P5 will actually make it in 2015? There's so little out there about the game and we're drawing to the end rather fast it's kinda hard to believe it's going to stick that landing.

They might just reveal all the per release info all in one burst prior to release.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

I remember initial P4 coming out the same way though.

smenj
Oct 10, 2012
I'm more curious about when it's coming to the EU. Pretty sure there was a picture of some Sony release schedule showing it was coming 2016, but that's all anyone knows. If it's something like January or February, I'll probably wait, but if it's gonna be something silly like six months or so, I'll just grab it when I'm in the US in December. I'd hoped Atlus being owned by Sega meant Sega would take over publishing duties here and we'd see some more timely releases, but it seems not.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

94%

Gamescom is just around the corner.

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

Terper posted:

94%

Gamescom is just around the corner.

Surely P5 is prime TGS material.

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
P5 will just show up at your door without warning, provided you bought all the DAN DLC

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

CottonWolf posted:

Surely P5 is prime TGS material.

For our debut of English footage I mean

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

So is this the good time to post Sony Europe's PS4 advert that says Persona 5 is a 2016 release?

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

It also says that the FFVII remake is a 2016 release and :laffo: at that.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Policenaut posted:

So is this the good time to post Sony Europe's PS4 advert that says Persona 5 is a 2016 release?

Why do you have to do this to me man?

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

no man's sky-TBA:TBA

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Policenaut posted:

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug

Policenaut posted:

That's Europe though

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008

MotU posted:

That's Europe though

Yeah, so we should take it with a grain of salt and assume they meant 2018.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Persona 5 is not coming to the states in 2015.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Persona 5 is coming to the states in 2015.

RadicalR
Jan 20, 2008

"Businessmen are the symbol of a free society
---
the symbol of America."

Beef Chief posted:

Terper posted:

I just got whiplash from these two posts. Who do I sue?

Pimp Drakula
Oct 12, 2013

Beef Chief posted:

Terper posted:

10/10 post/avatar combinations

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Beef Chief posted:

It might, Beef Chief.

Terper posted:

It might not, Terper.