Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

The Amazing Spider-Man

"Fwipp"?

I love this comic.

Sally Forth

Aww. :)

The Heart of Juliet Jones

Eve, you nut. :rolleyes:

Prince Valiant

Color, all the Sudden!

Big Ben Bolt

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Oh wow Color Classic Phantom is awesome!

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Wait, Newspaper Spiderman is being competent? Okay that's clearly an impostor.

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...

Zereth posted:

Wait, Newspaper Spiderman is being competent? Okay that's clearly an impostor.

Well at least Newspaper Spiderman has never made a deal with Mephisto, so he's still leagues ahead of Comic Book Spiderman.

(Or did the current Secret Wars finally wipe out One M The Storyline Of Which We Must Not Speak?)

Amorphous Blob
Jun 26, 2009

by Lowtax

(and can't post for 2 years!)

Are there any newspaper spiderman compilations? I've been reading it since I was a kid and I've always really enjoyed it.

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Mandrake the Magician

The Phantom

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Ensign_Ricky posted:

Well at least Newspaper Spiderman has never made a deal with Mephisto, so he's still leagues ahead of Comic Book Spiderman.

(Or did the current Secret Wars finally wipe out One M The Storyline Of Which We Must Not Speak?)
Yes and... no?

Spider-man escaped the collapse of the multiverse, so technically no. Not that it matters because basically everyone else he got mind-wiped by the devil doesn't exist anymore outside of a dozen heroes, including Mary Jane and Aunt May - so effectively yes?

But there's also Ultimate End where Secret Wars Spider-man (not Actual Spider-man) has to coexist with Secret Wars Ultimate Spider-man (not Actual Ultimate Spider-man) and the rest of the Ultimate universe who've known who he is for months since he very publicly died over there. He has a great scene which is very much NOBODY MUST KNOW I'M REALLY PETER PARKER where he outs himself to all the regular universe people who didn't know.

Aardmania
Jan 1, 2007

Ruining newspapers since 1993.

Shredded Hen
Piranha Club

Dick Tracy

Judge Parker

Odd, I didn't think there was banjo music playing. :banjo:

9 Chickweed Lane

Brooke must be doing most of his writing in the men's room again.

Pibgorn

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

See You On The Fwipp Side

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.
I wish someone would post Hälge. I think it's a good swedish comic (though the author died recently). I'm too lazy and busy to keep up such an effort but here's some samples:

"So typical..."
"These things never happen..."
"During hunting season!"

Basically it's about Hälge who is a moose, and also a lot about the guy on the left (Edwin) who is a hunter. Both live somewhere in rural sweden and the hunters life basically revolve around the moose hunting season. The guy on the right is his friend and stereotypical macho-character.

"Ye gods what pain! I'm constipated, in all four stomachs!"
"I need relief!"
"nnngghh"
"Yeees!"

"So you're saying it's legal to shoot injured and sick animals, regardless if it's hunting season or not..."
"Yes it's really an act of mercy, to spare them further suffering"
"Fascinating thought, I wonder if I should bring this idea up at work"
"What do yo do?"
"I work in health insurance"

Took some liberty with some translations.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

GorfZaplen posted:

The Phantom

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u_nPp64OrBc

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Guys I think Kipawa can still pull this out. Guran is only winning two to one on those respect ties vs getting schooled on the race. Kipawa can win this rope climb and it will be tied again. Then he just has to win the fifth contest, which is a... Hot dog eating contest. gently caress!

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

GorfZaplen posted:

Mandrake the Magician

Oh no, Luciphor (Also Called Cobra) has cancer!

BlankIsBeautiful
Apr 4, 2008

Feeling a little inadequate?
Jane's World

"Gravity check", "corn dog", "endo", "taco'd". Those are real terms?

Non Sequitur

Phoebe and Her Unicorn

Kliban

Ok?

9 Chickweed Lane 8/3/2004

Zits

Kevin & Kell

Awesome. "Continued". Oh the suspense.

Yeah, we've seen these before. At least this one, for sure.

And, three days of Mark Trail. I have no idea how I could've forgotten him over the weekend.

There's a market for Pangolin meat? Huh.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Pangolin bits are used in a bunch of "traditional medicine" things in South East Asia. Which is sad, they are cool.

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Aardmania posted:

Piranha Club

:what:. I understand the cultural reference, but why is this even a "joke." Then again, he has the "noble savage cannibal" shtick.

Tina's Groove

Family Circus

Rose is Rose

One Big Happy

Foob

Compu-Toon

Bizarro

Dilbert

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

gently caress you, Scott Adams.

Luann

gently caress you and your I'm A Big Boy Now Stubble, Gunther.

The Amazing Spider-Man

Sally Forth

I thought Hil was on the verge of breaking up with Jon. Wha happuh?

The Heart of Juliet Jones

:stare:

Slammy
Mar 30, 2011

Great speech.
PPHPFT!!
I'm trying to find another comic to supplement Everett True. Anyone have suggestions of an old comic that used to be posted that would be good to see again?

I'm trying to find a decent run of "Banana Oil!," still one of my favs, but it's been hard to find.

This is ET's "Christ, What an rear end in a top hat." It works for any comic.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

The Dinette Set works the system.

Working Daze can't say anything nice, so it shouldn't say anything at all.

Super-Fun-Pak-Comix was custom-made for this thread.

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

I've got my father's great big six-shooter with me 'n' if anybody in this woods wants to start somethin' just let 'em--but they DASSN'T.

Slammy posted:

I'm trying to find another comic to supplement Everett True. Anyone have suggestions of an old comic that used to be posted that would be good to see again?

Since you're asking, I don't think we ever made it to the end of Dreams of the Rarebit Fiend.

Bloom County 2015, because of course it was Opus.

Skippy (June 4, 1928)

Peanuts (August 5, 1968)

Funky WaitWe'reStillDoingTHIS?-bean

And then Harry has a guy reverse engineer the phone and becomes the billionaire Funkyverse version of Steve Jobs by speeding up the evolution of electronics. Whaddya mean "That's obviously not how it happened!"?

I was wondering what happened to the Sunday Rip Haywire, and it turns out they've started reprinting the first batch of Breezy strips from the book. Oh well, we're moving in a different direction now, I guess..

Out Our Way (August 26-27, 1927)

Thimble Theater (February 19, 1929)

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
Calvin and Hobbes

Ripley's

Nevets
Sep 11, 2002

Be they sad or be they well,
I'll make their lives a hell

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

Stultus Maximus posted:

I really don't know how to express my loathing for Batiuk at this particular moment.

HATE. LET ME TELL YOU HOW MUCH I'VE COME TO HATE BATIUK SINCE I BEGAN TO LIVE. THERE ARE 387.44 MILLION CELLS OF CANCER THAT FILL MY TUMOR. IF THE WORD HATE WAS ENGRAVED ON EACH NANOANGSTROM OF THOSE HUNDREDS OF MILLIONS OF CELSS IT WOULD NOT EQUAL ONE ONE-BILLIONTH OF THE HATE I FEEL FOR BATIUK AT THIS MICRO-INSTANT. HATE. HATE. CANCER.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

I have no mouth, and I must smirk.

Parahexavoctal
Oct 10, 2004

I AM NOT BEING PAID TO CORRECT OTHER PEOPLE'S POSTS! DONKEY!!

Slammy posted:

Incidentally, for the people who were asking about the Everett True project - Altoids Addict was the one compiling that, but then she quit the forums.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Kavak posted:

HATE. LET ME TELL YOU HOW MUCH I'VE COME TO HATE BATIUK SINCE I BEGAN TO LIVE. THERE ARE 387.44 MILLION CELLS OF CANCER THAT FILL MY TUMOR. IF THE WORD HATE WAS ENGRAVED ON EACH NANOANGSTROM OF THOSE HUNDREDS OF MILLIONS OF CELSS IT WOULD NOT EQUAL ONE ONE-BILLIONTH OF THE HATE I FEEL FOR BATIUK AT THIS MICRO-INSTANT. HATE. HATE. CANCER.

It's a shame this is too long to be the new thread title.

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof
We'll just do the next best thing.

Comic Strip Megathread XVI: I have no mouth and I must smirk

Cricken_Nigfops
Oct 25, 2011

CROM!
I truly love that Les has now become complicit in Lisa's death. Now he didn't just suffer through it, he literally killed her.

Anyway, here's cul-de-sac

And the Creeps and poptropica.

text me a vag pic
May 18, 2007

Evil Mastermind posted:

Working Daze can't say anything nice, so it shouldn't say anything at all.

"Isincere"

How do they draw this comic? Half the time it looks like there are still pencil lines scanned in.

fondue
Jul 14, 2002

Julet Esqu posted:

Luann

I'm assuming at this point the mother is paying her to come over to get some quality time with Mr Grey.

fondue fucked around with this message at 18:46 on Aug 3, 2015

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer

fondue posted:

I'm assuming at this point the mother is paying her to come over to get some quality time with Mr Grey.

So she's babysitting?

Nevets
Sep 11, 2002

Be they sad or be they well,
I'll make their lives a hell
With the added bonus of maybe reducing Gunther's Oedipal complex.

Forktoss
Feb 13, 2012

I'm OK, you're so-so

Nevets posted:

With the added bonus of maybe reducing Gunther's Oedipal complex.

Not so much reducing as redirecting, but anything's a plus at this point I guess.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Serves you right you freaking retard who's too dumb to not move out of the way of a bike that's traveling on a path like that. Just flip her over and leave her. We might be spared another terrible dream sequence. :mad:

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Julet Esqu posted:

Luann

Greg 8:3 is the worst of the Bible verses, but if that's what Gunther's into it explains a lot.

Trilobite
Aug 15, 2001

Manuel Calavera posted:

:what:. I understand the cultural reference, but why is this even a "joke." Then again, he has the "noble savage cannibal" shtick.
I believe that this is the week that Bud Grace decided he needed to modernize the 'jokes' in Piranha Club, so now in addition to the usual parade of hacky old-timey Catskills-reject jokes about mothers-in-law and cannibals and how bad his wife's cooking is, he's added the 1950s lounge act staple, "Look at the screaming gay stereotype."

I wonder if he sat there pondering whether the comics page was ready for such a bold, ultra-modern move, and if he was ready to weather the onslaught of complaints and praise that would surely follow. (Mind you, this being newspaper comics, I'm sure there's some paper in Florida or South Carolina or wherever that did get a complaint, probably from someone as old as Bud Grace.)

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Six Chix

Zippy the Pinhead

Nancy

Arlo and Janis

Andertoons

Lost Side of Suburbia

Dick Tracy

Inspector Danger's Crime Quiz

Deep Dark Fears

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

Did Janis just have a stroke?

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Heatstroke, I would guess.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light

Green Intern posted: